Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Rewatching previous episodes. These men have atrocious fashion sense. Pole dresses like his grandfather. Tarik dresses like an extra in a Right Said Fred video. And Ricky...he looked a mess in the camo/fanny pack whatever. What was on his head? And let's not get started on the purple button down and aqua pants. Where do these people shop?!

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Ding ding ding!

Last two ... I'm running out of inspiration, and I need to make my Rice a Roni.

Left Jon, right Tarik!

Haha! 

Off to heat up nonstick fry pan for you-know-what! 

• Love 5
On 9/4/2018 at 9:09 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

And seriously, dragging Hazel because she has clothes? And spends a few spare minutes, after working long hours all day and living in a closet with her parents, taking selfies and chatting with people on line? Jesus. Is she allowed to sleep at night or would that be lazy? Tariq's asshole brother can say what he wants about Hazel, but she is hardly some evil Jezebel, fiendishly plotting to relieve Tariq of his fortune. Maybe Dean's friends with Family Chantel. They seem to have the same xenophobic world view.

Pepper Mostly, I have loved you in silence for a long time, but this... well, I am on bended knee here, and as long as a Colombian with bigger breasts doesn't come along, will you marry me?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Pepper Mostly, I have loved you in silence for a long time, but this... well, I am on bended knee here, and as long as a Colombian with bigger breasts doesn't come along, will you marry me?

(Sob) If you'll have me, @Mothra. I'll try to be a good spouse. Just don't stash me in a firehouse or make me take a pregnancy test. Or forget to cut the steak on the bias. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, sconstant said:

This intense dive into Rice a Roni (never ate it, tbh - mostly remember it from game show prizes and the jingle) reminded me of the great story of the birth of Rice a Roni - the San Francisco[, Canadian, Italian, Armenian, melting-pot, housing-shortage, kitchen-sharing] treat.  https://www.npr.org/2008/07/31/93067862/birth-of-rice-a-roni-the-armenian-italian-treat

Also reshteh polo, a special dish for Persian New Year--rice and roni.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

Rewatching previous episodes. These men have atrocious fashion sense. Pole dresses like his grandfather. Tarik dresses like an extra in a Right Said Fred video. And Ricky...he looked a mess in the camo/fanny pack whatever. What was on his head? And let's not get started on the purple button down and aqua pants. Where do these people shop?!

Goodwill?

1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

All these guys think they’re sixteen and about three sizes smaller than their actual size.

Almist time for poor a Little Nell and Simon Legree.....I mean Hazel and Dean...Hazel’s no little Nell, not by far.

• Love 2

Watching the More to Love episode. Karine's getting ready for her hen do (bachelorette party). He's telling her not to dance with men. This demonstration is painful. 

ETA: She's smiling and happy with her friends.

And Pole gets to have a glass of lemonade with his future FIL and of course using the translator app.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

First this show, followed by You over on Lifetime. *rubs hands excitedly*

I’m following up the 90D crazy tonight with The Bad Seed on Lifetime! I’m missing out on the Rice A Roni party but I’ve got a big basket of kisses for you all!

Watching the bonus scenes I’ve got to wonder if Paul will make Karine take a pregnancy test when she gets home from her bachelorette party? Paul and Karine’s translator app voice sounds like she’s totally over this bs!

Edited by Marilee
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Watching the More to Love episode. Karine's getting ready for her hen do (bachelorette party). He's telling her not to dance with men. This demonstration is painful. 

No dance men. No dance men.

• Love 2

Totally not salty like I thought it was going to be....I mean it might be laden with salt but it doesn't taste like it.  The undertone stock flavor reminds me of onion soup.  It's quite lovely on it's own.  And the toasted ronis get nice and soft in the mix after it is cooked.   LOVE IT

My healthy inner voice is screaming

• Love 9
Just now, kacesq said:

I can't get over how bad Karine looks this season. And she's miserable with Pole 

And the cheap makeup on top of it is making her skin issues on her face even more prominent.   She's going to get married with those 2 huge boils on her chin?

• Love 3