Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Unexpected/ S08.E04: Jinger and Jermey's Little Secret

ginger90
  • Start Topic

How unexposed are these people? You’re offered goat cheese and each person sniffs it first? If you don’t like it, that’s fine but realize that it is a fairly normal food so maybe don’t act like someone who has never left their home and tried anything before.  At least Josie scarfed it down.  Also how many pregnant chicks are in that family – maybe they should think twice and NOT eat the raw milk cheese? Do they even know about pasteurized vs. not?

Why is it necessary that the moment they start courting, their intended bride has to do their grooming? You need a beard trim – go to a barber.  They’ve probably done it before and use trimmers rather using a comb to hold the hairs on his face and then apply scissors directly to the face – wtf!?

He and Lauren – IDK – the amount of nervous chatter from him suggests to me he is REALLY trying to convince himself this marriage is a good thing.

And Austin – you’ve flipped FIVE homes to “prep” for a wife.  You really can’t spring for a bed frame? If you can’t, swallow your pride, go to the Duggars’ ‘shop’ where Joe got all his furniture and borrow one from there. And their idea of a babymoon is a yurt in 10 degree weather on a frozen lake where they will be scrapbooking, will try ice fishing though the mom says fish makes her sick, and wait for it – for extra pillows, they are bringing their own off their own bed to be used someplace people have rented communally? Let me guess the pillowcase doesn’t even get washed when they get home.

• Love 22

This show is funner than its been in years.

I am highly amused watching Jessa try her damndest to pretend she's laid back.

"I'm his beard!" Or whatever nonsense Lauren was spouting was hilarious!

"You're squeezing my hands!". " That photo shoot took six or seven hours! "  Bravo more of the younger girls please!

• Love 12

Has Joy’s voice always been so nasily?  Her voice and commentary are so annoying, how is Austin not losing his shit every time she opens her mouth? She looked mystified when Austin mentioned Titanic. 

On another note... can Jana not do her own TH segments? How sad it is to see her paired up with the little girls for those. 

Edited by woot
Grammar
  • Love 20

Josiah can trim his own beard with trimmers. I have never trimmed my husbands beard, nor cut his hair. I have used the trimmers on the back of his neck when the barber didn’t do it.  

The yurt was cute. I think Joy knew what the yurt was but didn’t tell Austin. The ice fishing was not a good idea- and I think it was Hers.

Jinger and Jeremy continue to be the sane ones in the family. Followed, actually, by Jessa and Ben. The creamery was a nice kid friendly tour. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Typos
  • Love 7

I am dying laughing at how emotional and shocked everyone was by baby news.  I think the adults really don’t get that J &J were clearly family planning...they just seem to think it took them forever to get pregnant (aka like 14 months).

The pregnant boat cruise trip was idiotic

I thought it was weird Anna wasn’t at the photo shoot.  

2 minutes ago, woot said:

Has Joy’s voice always been so nasily? 

Michelle taught her how to speak...

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, cereality said:

How unexposed are these people? You’re offered goat cheese and each person sniffs it first? If you don’t like it, that’s fine but realize that it is a fairly normal food so maybe don’t act like someone who has never left their home and tried anything before.  At least Josie scarfed it down.  Also how many pregnant chicks are in that family – maybe they should think twice and NOT eat the raw milk cheese? Do they even know about pasteurized vs. not?

Why is it necessary that the moment they start courting, their intended bride has to do their grooming? You need a beard trim – go to a barber.  They’ve probably done it before and use trimmers rather using a comb to hold the hairs on his face and then apply scissors directly to the face – wtf!?

He and Lauren – IDK – the amount of nervous chatter from him suggests to me he is REALLY trying to convince himself this marriage is a good thing.

And Austin – you’ve flipped FIVE homes to “prep” for a wife.  You really can’t spring for a bed frame? If you can’t, swallow your pride, go to the Duggars’ ‘shop’ where Joe got all his furniture and borrow one from there. And their idea of a babymoon is a yurt in 10 degree weather on a frozen lake where they will be scrapbooking, will try ice fishing though the mom says fish makes her sick, and wait for it – for extra pillows, they are bringing their own off their own bed to be used someplace people have rented communally? Let me guess the pillowcase doesn’t even get washed when they get home.

Raise your hand if you misread the first two sentences and thought something totally different. Heading to the Prayer Closet.

4 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

When they were trying the goat cheese. Whichever one said "Who can eat food like this?" or words to that effect. (I was trying to get my twin toddlers into bed, so I was half listening) Honey, we've been asking ourselves that for years when we've watched you eat TTC etc. Yuck. 

Was it Jason or Justin (is there a Justin?) that said it was very good. I was surprised. Obviously Joy has never seen a baby book despite what Jessa said. She’s always running interference and doing damage control for MOTY.  

Isn’t that the same meal Joy cooked when she and Noatrils first moved to the bang bus? Has she no other recipes?  

Man I don’t like Jeremy, but he is good with kids.  Still a smug bastard though.  

Poor Joy was huge.  Bless her heart.

If my husband invited my parents for our one year anniversary, I’d kick his ass! JB and the gang are cockblockers!  

• Love 15

Almost the whole family need to see a good ENT and/or allergist. I realize that Joy had a cold during this episode and based on the previous episode, I suspect some antibiotics might be helpful at this point...however so many in this  family sound like they need to blow their nose all the time.

• Love 12

Wow, going with a hospital birth that is planned for instead of done out of despiration for life saving measures.  Jinger and Jer, colour me impressed. Their midwife seems very capable as well. Much better than Dr. Jilly’s advice has ever been. 

Edited by woot
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

This is showing as S8E4 on my guide. 

I followed the format of the previous episode post. I think they went by Direct TV’s guide? It is the 4th episode. 

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I blame TLC for not properly labeling the first episode of this new season, thus creating this stupid clusterfuck.

Not to mention exacerbating the stupid clusterfuck that is this family.

• Love 11

It was nice to see Jinger picked midwife who really seemed to know what she was doing. It is good she is away from Duggarland.  The reveal to the Duggars vs Jeremy's parents says it all. The genuine sweetness vs another notch in the grandchild belt.   

• Love 13

Good for Jinger for not allowing the crew in during delivery. I always fear that the young women feel pressured/forced to do so. I'm extremely private so it's difficult for me to fathom wanting all of those people present. Hell, I was relieved to have to have a scheduled c-section and not have to hurt anyone's feelings by telling them to stay out! I only ever wanted my husband there. 

Can Michelle ever just speak like a normal fucking person? Of course she can't. I dont know why her robotic baby voice still drives me up the wall. 

I loved Ben's tactful comments about wanting to eat healthy again after getting married. One week of Jessa's canned, mushy, sodium laden Duggar slop was probably more than his digestive track could handle! 

The time hopping was weird. We go from Josiah having his nasty beard trimmed to him being clean shaven for the announcement. He and Lauren are sooo painfully awkward. 

• Love 22

I like how last week we got to see Jing and Jer sit down with his parents for a nice freshly prepared meal, served on real dishes and eaten over polite conversation.  This week we got to watch them eat a Duggar Dinner... huge troughs of prepared foods and platters purchased at the local big box likely scarfed down after fighting for a place at their conference style dining table.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

...Jinger arriving at the big house was a re-enactment. Michelle was all over the top with fake excitement while the sisters barely looked up from their curling irons when Jinger walked into the room. My guess is they got in the day before.

This ^^ I noticed the same thing.  The littles would be way more excited to see Jinger but they didn't bat an eye.  

• Love 10

I love that Ben is totally laid back but seems to be a health freak and Jessa is so uptight(that girl is wound!) but is still a slob.  It's like they are the total opposites of what they should be and it seems to work for them!

Jessa is more relaxed with  Ben than she's been with anyone since Jinger.

Edited by flyingdi
Left out words
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

I am dying laughing at how emotional and shocked everyone was by baby news.  I think the adults really don’t get that J &J were clearly family planning...they just seem to think it took them forever to get pregnant (aka like 14 months).

That could be a good thing. If they think that is how long it took naturally for Jinger to get pregnant it shouldn't raise red flags if it takes Jinger at minimum that long or even longer to get pregnant with the next one. Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I see Felicity being already 2 before they even think about having another.

• Love 9

I was so happy to see Jeremy behaving like a normal person in his TH at the hospital. I especially liked his comments about how strong Jinger, his mom, and women in general were. He didn’t think about Michelle at that moment, and neither would a typical son in law.   Plus I think his opinion of his in laws as ‘missing a few screws’  was reinforced. 

It occurred to me that Laura was there because she could not be left at JBs without Michelle. Nor could she stay at any of the married offsprings as an unrelated female.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 14

Why was Mac filmed with the little girls, and even got to talk? I have nothing against the child, but surely that meant a paycheck for dear old pervert Josh? And JB and Michelle are slowly worming their way back into every episode, and talking more too. Maybe we need the sponser list again..I thought they were boycotted off the air at one pont? And now it is okay to have them back? Before you know it Jill and Derect will be back too.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I was so happy to see Jeremy behaving like a normal person in his TH at the hospital. I especially liked his comments about how strong Jinger, his mom, and women in general were. He didn’t think about Michelle at that moment, and neither would a typical son in law.   Plus I think his opinion of his in laws as ‘missing a few screws’  was reinforced. 

Over on the Duggar FB page, the leghumpers are ripping him a new one for so "disrespectful" and "hostile" to Michelle  and for favoring his own family over the holy Duggars. He's an evil influence on Jinger: he forced her to move away from her beloved family and rebel against their teachings, encouraged her to plan her own childbirth without consulting her mother and sisters and he and Jinger have even been promoting his mother's SWAN project on social media when they should be promoting Jinger's sisters' "Happy Heart" CD!

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Over on the Duggar FB page, the leghumpers are ripping him a new one for so "disrespectful" and "hostile" to Michelle  and for favoring his own family over the holy Duggars. He's an evil influence on Jinger: he forced her to move away from her beloved family and rebel against their teachings, encouraged her to plan her own childbirth without consulting her mother and sisters and he and Jinger have even been promoting his mother's SWAN project on social media when they should be promoting Jinger's sisters' "Happy Heart" CD!

But isn't that what the daughters are supposed to do.  Leave and cleave, Ruth's your people are now my people, and other biblical stuff.  Jinger has a new headship, this was always going to happen with at least one of the daughters.

• Love 24
20 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Michelle did 19 baby "calendars"?  Sorry I'm calling bull on that!  My mom did a full baby book on my brother, mine has like my name in it!  I always thought that was normal in most families.  LOL.

I can't see her doing that either. 

• Love 7

I recall Michelle saying something along the lines of, time goes quickly, so make sure you take a lot of pictures when they’re babies.

There you have it. Don’t make the time count, take pictures.

I believe it was Jessa with her at the time.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Michelle did 19 baby "calendars"?  Sorry I'm calling bull on that!  My mom did a full baby book on my brother, mine has like my name in it!  I always thought that was normal in most families.  LOL.

I'm calling b.s. as well. Maybe she did it for the first few kids, but she completely checked out once the J'Slaves were old enough to run the house. If that was the case, where was Joy's baby calender? They only showed Austin's. If it existed you'd think Michelle would've handed it over to her at some point.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

I think It was actually referred to as ‘ the weekly calendar’.  Basically, the one on the wall with the doctor appointments, etc.  So, if she kept them, people would have to go thru  them to find anything about a specific child. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I didn’t see him as being disrespectful. I saw it as normal behavior. He is not as close to Michelle as to his own Mom. That’s normal. He doesn’t pretend his mom doesn’t exist nor that Michelle is the sainted mother. That’s also normal.   The Duggars are not a Borg collective- they don't get to assimilate everyone.  

I think he and Jinger did their best to have the childbirth experience they wanted. That’s their exclusive right- not Michelle’s. She doesn’t get to step all over them or the Voulo’s first grandchild experience. 

Do you ever wonder if Jinger or Jeremy  get stressed out at the Duggar home with all the noise and number of people? They seems perfectly happy in the quietness of their own home or at the Voulo’s. 

And yet Jinger's "happiness" has been questioned here.  She's not really happy because Jeremy is so into himself and wanted a meek wife.  She isn't really happy because she doesn't have equal control with Jeremy, near as we can tell from the teevee.  I guess I am thinking that Jinger and Jeremy have worked out some sort of balance where they both are happy, at least on the teevee.  Of course that is a compressed version of their day to day lives and that could be a hundred percent different.  As much as Jeremy seems to love himself, he does seem enamored with Jinger and while we will never know the real story, she has done things differently than the rest of her family.  And if we live our lives *thinking* we are happy, are we?  Anyway, just throwing that out there.

• Love 20