Type keyword(s) to search

Melissa & Ricky: Rico Suave & Chiquita Banana

• Start Topic

I guess I'm trying to understand what Ricky or his wife would stand to gain. 90DayFianceTea shared a screenshot in their stories from the wife, and someone asked if they were still married. She said yeah. The person asked, "Are you and Ricky still married-married? Not asking because I'm interested in publishing but for my own personal reference." His wife's response: "Ahh. We are - I just want nothing to do with this show. I enjoy my privacy/In any case my question was answered by the man himself, so sorry for bothering you." And she also said, "They're making him out to be such a d bag, but he's truly not a bad guy. Just made some poor decisions." WTF?

Okay...good guys don't ask women to fly over from Canada for one night stands, go on dates at 3 AM with another woman while visiting family, threaten the same person by putting their personal info out there, lie about their marital status on TV and in real life, or plot and plan for some woman he's never met to pretend to be his fiancee on the next season of Before the 90 Days. Ricky is making himself look like an ass. His sister has been defending him and citing it was just entertainment until these latest screenshots were shared. She's suddenly quiet under all IG posts about him.

Even if he is just making poor decisions, the fact remains is that he never should've been cast. He's legally married, and even if he was truly separated, he can't do the K1, which is the whole premise of these shows. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Interesting that the article said TLC only pays $500 per episode, so the trick is to get in as many episodes as possible.  Maybe that's why Darcy and Jesse keep at it.

Probably. I wonder how much is left after taxes. Clearly, none of them budget well. Otherwise Baht man and Annie wouldn't have still been living above the storage unit after the season had ended and Nicole should've had more than $6k saved after being on what--three seasons? 

All that embarrassment and idiocy for $500-1000/episode. Absolutely amazing.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I think previous season's cast have said it was $1000 an episode. and the reunion is like slightly more.  maybe before the 90 days is $500 and episode because they haven't sealed the deal yet.

LOL

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

$500/episode is probably a lot of money to someone like Hazel, though.

True. I don't think the foreign fiances/fiancees get paid until they're in the States, though. I could be wrong, though. But if the American partner in the relationship, splits or shares their earnings, then, yeah, it has probably helped those who really needed it.

• Love 2

The Before group might be paid less (than the ones actually doing the K1 Visa process) because they are all traveling to a foreign country and some if not all their traveling expenses might also be paid but TLC. The foreign participants may also be paid because I recall a discussion about how they could be paid while filmed in their home countries (like Azan) but if they came to the US, they couldn’t work or be paid legally until they got married and received their green card. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2

TLC has filmed a few shows in my area. The compensation seems to range about 7-10k for the first season , divide it by episodes, free food,lodging. admissions costs etc. You have to attend the tell all or reunion type show to get the bonus or largest sum, usually around $1500 plus free travel, food and lodging. I think $500 an episode is low estimate  but I don't know how they count the 2 hour shows(is that 1 or 2 episodes?)  and sometimes a couple is not on for a week. Certainly are not getting rich off the show. I guess if the couple is one of the religious ones like Alan/Kirylam or Danny/Amie the TLC money helps greatly with the fees of K1 and helps them get a deb free start to their marriage. 

• Love 1

Remember the American version of the gypsy weddings ?  TLC would reach into the hidden crevices of Appalachia to find "gypsy" impoverished teenagers to marry.  I think it was reported that the couple got $3000 to appear and marry.  So many times friends would act like a couple and marry just to get the most TLC money to split.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

True. I don't think the foreign fiances/fiancees get paid until they're in the States, though. I could be wrong, though. But if the American partner in the relationship, splits or shares their earnings, then, yeah, it has probably helped those who really needed it.

The foreign partner can't get paid until in the US and cleared to work legally in the US. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Just turned on the TV and caught the end of another Auntie podcast with another one of Ricky's girlfriends, Jennifer. How many does this guy have? Plus more evidence he is not divorced. The real life is better then the show. 

Like Sophia said on The Golden Girls about Blanche's date, "The man is a scuzzball!" 

• Love 5

Ricky must have married a girl with some scheming type of brain that thought up this plot.. god knows he doesn’t have the intelligence nor the game, he’s got about as much charm as Barnie Rubble he just uses the green backs to get woman... I have no idea how tlc doesn’t check people out to make sure there there at very least not legally married it’s complete bullshit they mislead us like this... for fuck sake it makes me mad they did this there a bunch of scammers like the rest of these people

• Love 6

Because so many people on the 90 Days shows turn out to have a criminal background or some other skeleton in their closet that you'd think TLC would do a better job at vetting the couples. Then again, maybe they intentionally select these shady people to ramp up the drama and get us to watch. 

• Love 7

The wife appears to be Russian, so maybe she came to the States on a K1 and they have a business arrangement? I don't know how long they've been married, but maybe she's waiting on green card and can't divorce Icky Ricky just yet. Otherwise, I can't see any woman tolerating a dog of a husband cheating, lying about his marital status, etc. If she values her privacy, she stands to gain nothing by Icky making a fool of himself. Even if she was the brains behind this, it backfired on him because he has been exposed by at least four different women. I'm sure there are plenty more hanging in the balance.

TLC must have had to scrape the bottom of the barrel. They knew he was married. He said he was separated. Separated isn't divorced. It's one thing if you communicate that with a potential partner. It's another if they're hoping to build a future and have a family with you, but they don't know you're still legally tied down. That's just like stringing someone along. They don't need to invite him back. He's trying to cast his next fiancée for another season. Until you get divorced, Icky, I'm pretty sure the government isn't going to let you even attempt the K1.

• Love 6

I have to giggle every time I see the name of this thread: Rico Suave and Chiquita Banana.  Honest to God that is the funniest thing...

there is a bit of goofy charm to him, especially when he said, "I'm an idiot...soy idiota..."  and apparently many other women think that too. But really, if he and wife/ex-wife  whatever went into this intentionally to be on TV, then TLC better rethink who they want for this show.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Lesia said:

there is a bit of goofy charm to him, especially when he said, "I'm an idiot...soy idiota..."  and apparently many other women think that too.

A lot of men use that kind of thing, which they do think is 'charming', to excuse really crappy behavior. It's a red flag IMO.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

Because so many people on the 90 Days shows turn out to have a criminal background or some other skeleton in their closet that you'd think TLC would do a better job at vetting the couples. Then again, maybe they intentionally select these shady people to ramp up the drama and get us to watch. 

Many people have criminal records. That shouldn't exempt them from falling in love, getting married or making an ass of themselves on National television. TLC isn't match making - these couples have come together of their own accord. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Mainer said:

Ricky must have married a girl with some scheming type of brain that thought up this plot.. god knows he doesn’t have the intelligence nor the game, he’s got about as much charm as Barnie Rubble he just uses the green backs to get woman... I have no idea how tlc doesn’t check people out to make sure there there at very least not legally married it’s complete bullshit they mislead us like this... for fuck sake it makes me mad they did this there a bunch of scammers like the rest of these people

These shows are all about the drama.  They don't care if we're mislead, as long as people keep watching.  

• Love 3
On 9/28/2018 at 12:43 PM, spankydoll said:

Many people have criminal records. That shouldn't exempt them from falling in love, getting married or making an ass of themselves on National television. TLC isn't match making - these couples have come together of their own accord.

I agree. What actually was BS to me is the fact he is already married and cannot apply for the K1 visa so why would they even make him a part of this show??

• Love 3

The whole Ricky storyline is as fake as it gets. It's insulting to us as the viewers. I wish they would get him off the screen!

He shouldn't even be in the Tell-All.

And he shouldn't get a TLC paycheck!!!!

Also, then they brought on Ricky's lyin' friends for the 90 Day Live thing. That was pretty insulting, too. Like we're supposed to believe that!

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

The whole Ricky storyline is as fake as it gets. It's insulting to us as the viewers. I wish they would get him off the screen!

He shouldn't even be in the Tell-All.

And he shouldn't get a TLC paycheck!!!!

Also, then they brought on Ricky's lyin' friends for the 90 Day Live thing. That was pretty insulting, too. Like we're supposed to believe that!

Anyone else catch the shot of Pricky's cousin going over a script backstage with someone from the show? The perils of live TV.

I was waiting for his female friend to say "Of course I didn't go out with him, he's married!"

Edited by Gobi
Content
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Apparently there was a young woman, Katie_Not_Holmes known as the Reddit Queen... Reddit was her thing for years, and Ricky got her kicked off somehow. He's a real dirtbag. 

According to her, he became really threatening and scary   

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

According to her, he became really threatening and scary   

I know he threatened to post her home address on Reddit. He's the one who should be getting kicked off. Not her.

Seriously, it's just all so fake with him. 

TLC's been had. They got duped by this smarmy liar. They need to get rid of him. And since he obviously violated the contract, they don't have to pay him.

On 9/28/2018 at 3:06 PM, Neurochick said:

These shows are all about the drama.  They don't care if we're mislead, as long as people keep watching.  

I'm definitely going to quit watching if they keep up with this crap like Ricky. 

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 4

What's worse is that Ricky involved his young daughter in all of his fakery! He says his ex paid $80,000 to help him get her back, but we know he's a pathological liar so there's no telling what the truth is.

At any rate, involving his daughter in a bid for fame that's just slightly more legal than what Balloon Boy's parents did, you have to wonder where she will wind up next.  Poor kid!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Gobi said:

Anyone else catch the shot of Pricky's cousin going over a script backstage with someone from the show? The perils of live TV.

I was waiting for his female friend to say "Of course I didn't go out with him, he's married!"

Ha! Your nicknames are the best.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

So how did Ricky almost die? By hanging on to the side of a dock with a full camera crew around? Drama queen. 

I really can't stand this idiot. 

I thought the same thing - I honestly didn't see any danger at all.  Geesh.  I also thought it was a stupid stunt and mean of her to ask him to do it.  These people are one train wreck after another aren't they?  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I know he threatened to post her home address on Reddit. He's the one who should be getting kicked off. Not her.

Seriously, it's just all so fake with him. 

TLC's been had. They got duped by this smarmy liar. They need to get rid of him. And since he obviously violated the contract, they don't have to pay him.

I'm definitely going to quit watching if they keep up with this crap like Ricky. 

Oh wow !  Do you have a link? Not doubting it just interested to read more. As Andrei would say ....that's trash

• Love 2
5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh wow !  Do you have a link? Not doubting it just interested to read more. As Andrei would say ....that's trash

If you go to @Not_Katie_Holme's IG, she's been chronicling the whole thing. Apparently, she helped Icky set up his Reddit account, and Reddit banned the IP address that was associated with both. As a result, she was banned on Reddit, and she unveiled her face/identity on IG because he was being a dick. Icky is acting like some of the people on the ID channel. TLC made a mistake in putting this jackass on their show. I hope his ex decides to get custody back of the oldest child since he wants to bring her into his smarmy, disgusting fame seeking antics. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

If you go to @Not_Katie_Holme's IG, she's been chronicling the whole thing. Apparently, she helped Icky set up his Reddit account, and Reddit banned the IP address that was associated with both. As a result, she was banned on Reddit, and she unveiled her face/identity on IG because he was being a dick. Icky is acting like some of the people on the ID channel. TLC made a mistake in putting this jackass on their show. I hope his ex decides to get custody back of the oldest child since he wants to bring her into his smarmy, disgusting fame seeking antics. 

Arg what a creepy dirt bag. TLC made a huge mistake, I hope he gets pulled from the show.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

So how did Ricky almost die? By hanging on to the side of a dock with a full camera crew around? Drama queen. 

I really can't stand this idiot. 

I suspect there's some footage on the cutting room floor of him standing up in what was probably waist-deep water and climbing back onto the dock.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Arg what a creepy dirt bag. TLC made a huge mistake, I hope he gets pulled from the show.

TLC has a good reason to not pay him. 

As I understand it, they don't get paid until the Tell All airs? I might be wrong about that, but I hope they don't cut Ricky any checks. I know they've denied some of the 600 pound life people checks when they run amok.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

90dayfiancetea has messages from Icky's wife saying she knew nothing, contacted TLC that he was still married when she did know, and that it was all Ricky's weird idea to promote their company. 

Sounds more like the typical lie Ricky makes up to "smooth things out" with the people in his life.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, renatae said:

Here's an article talking about how he tried to get the girl in Canada to pretend to be his girlfriend or fiancee for another iteration of 90D:

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-ricky-lies-again-lures-canadian-girl-before-the-90-days-next-season/

Ricky has never looked more like Shrek than in this green shirt. He's such a lowlife.

Ricky-green-shirt-Tell-All-90-day-fiance.jpg

If they have him on next season, I’m out.

If I want a 100% fake storyline I’ll find something better written.

• Love 6
On 10/6/2018 at 10:20 PM, doyouevengohere said:

90dayfiancetea has messages from Icky's wife saying she knew nothing, contacted TLC that he was still married when she did know, and that it was all Ricky's weird idea to promote their company. 

wait, what?

It's said that Ricky and his wife dreamed up this whole stunt in order to appear on TLC and I guess drum up business for their own production company (which they still currently own together)  or else try to get in good with TLC in order to do work for them.  Who knows?  I personally don't see how this would benefit their company positively.

• Love 2
On 10/19/2018 at 5:06 PM, gingerella said:

Why is this thread still called "Melissa"? Shouldn't we at least give Jicama some credit for showing backbone with this creep by putting her name on the thread?

Especially since Melissa basically ghosted him for a price.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, gingerella said:

Why is this thread still called "Melissa"? Shouldn't we at least give Jicama some credit for showing backbone with this creep by putting her name on the thread?

When we say "Melissa" we mean Ximena.  I know, it's bad, but we're pretty brave for admitting it.

• Love 8