Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Orange County Hold ‘Em

• Start Topic

Just out of curiosity, would Tamra's broken foot be covered by workman's comp? I mean, she DID injure herself while she was working.

Are they considered employees of Bravo/NBC? Do they get health benefits? Anyone know? Will Shannon and Kelly have to sign up for Obamacare? 

NO! I am not ambulance chasing Vicki Gunvalson!! I am just curious about weird shit, plus I used to work in healthcare, where I'd have been the poor sucker having to fill out a claim form because of this.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Yes...she spoke about it at one of the reunion shows.

I honestly do not remember this, and I have seen all of the reunions.  Who abused her?  Not that Colby guy, was it?

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think so as well.  When Shannon agreed at the party that Vicki didn't treat Kelly well by keeping Michael's secret the look on her face to ME showed she is not over their issues but playing along. 

This season isn't working for me.  I loathe Vicki, Tamra I am not thrilled with (and man she looks hard this season), Shannon cracks me up but I think T and V bring out the worst in her, the only thing I like about Gina is her telling V she was a loser but the kid stuff bores the snot out of me, Emily bugs me and she can take her husband and mother in law with her but her sister in law can stay, Kelly I generally don't like because she is crass and crazy but her finding the real Vicki is somewhat entertaining.  This just isn't a good mix of people.  I do not know what Emily's husband wants out of this.  He has zero interest in his wife, doesn't enjoy loud older women, it's a mystery.  I am guessing they need the $ because they also don't seem to have anything to promote.  I see Emily's event planning as a hobby for a bored person.  I saw nothing at her party that would make me want to hire her.  Unless something changes I am out.  This is a HUGE dud season.

This is hilarious!  

Shannon hates Vicki.

I agree to your whole post!  Huge dud.  I have never turned off a RHOC in the middle of an episode, but last night I almost did.  Is this all we get this season, or will there be some good drama?  Not fighting, but interesting interactions - that would be good.  I had been watching the older seasons, trying to remember what I loved about this show.  I actually think it was the kids.  Not little kids, but the teenagers/young adults.

I hate Vicki.  I hate Tamra, she really does look HARD. and serpentine.

I do like Shannon, but the new girls are just not fitting in.  Sometimes that causes some interesting drama, but not with this.

ETA - I agree about Emily's "event planning."  What is so special about a caterer and opening up a poker table???  She claims that she loves to entertain, but that party didn't look like too much fun.  Kelly said something like, "I'm done" or "I'm bored" right after they started playing.

2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Quid pro quo.  Also, cancer scam.  Never forget.

Never forget 

3 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Responding to bolded part - I'm guessing Simon and the daughter who is estranged from Tamra??? Doesn't really make sense since Ryan's baby momma came into the family post-Simon, but that's the only twosome I can think of that he would refer to as "backstabbing"... Ryan's such a douche... STILL appearing on the show with his mom... does he work??? Good grief...

I thought Simon and Ryan still speak.  I think maybe last year he was telling Tamra that he saw Sydney at Simon's.  I could be imagining this.

Every time I see Tamra on this show, I think about what she is chosing to lose over "starring" on a crappy reality show.  She is chosing this bullshit over her daughter.  It makes me want to puke.  I actually hate Tamra more than I hate disgusting Ryan!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 7

So true! she's the type of parent that "helps" her children financially and "gifts" them with cars and houses but has to always remind them of how generous she's been to them. Sort of like blackmail. They should refuse her "gifts"...always strings attached to anything Vicki does for someone.

See Briana's car...

Yes, I'll bet Vicki never lets them forget her generosity.

• Love 10

Yes...she spoke about it at one of the reunion shows.

Thanks -- I have no recollection of this.

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I honestly do not remember this, and I have seen all of the reunions.  Who abused her?  Not that Colby guy, was it?

Every time I see Tamra on this show, I think about what she is chosing to lose over "starring" on a crappy reality show.  She is chosing this bullshit over her daughter.  It makes me want to puke.  I actually hate Tamra more than I hate disgusting Ryan!

This ^.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Shannon hates Vicki.

I agree to your whole post!  Huge dud.  I have never turned off a RHOC in the middle of an episode, but last night I almost did.  Is this all we get this season, or will there be some good drama?  Not fighting, but interesting interactions - that would be good.  I had been watching the older seasons, trying to remember what I loved about this show.  I actually think it was the kids.  Not little kids, but the teenagers/young adults.

I hate Vicki.  I hate Tamra, she really does look HARD. and serpentine.

I do like Shannon, but the new girls are just not fitting in.  Sometimes that causes some interesting drama, but not with this.

Never forget 

I thought Simon and Ryan still speak.  I think maybe last year he was telling Tamra that he saw Sydney at Simon's.  I could be imagining this.

I ended up going to Twitter last night far too often.  So much so I never caught the Thanksgiving snafu.  I can tell you one thing.  I would always watch reruns waiting for the new ep and this season I can't.  Just don't need/want to see it again.  The only other time I can't watch a repeat is with NY and all the poop talk.  Don't need that.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I hate Emily’s husband.  He reminds me of Lydia’s husband Doug.  They may be the same person.

See I can't fault him for yelling at Gina to be quiet.  His daughter was awake and that time and the other guests had left. I bet her loud mouth was keeping his daughter awake.  The wording was what was bad to me.  

19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Vicki wants everyone to use their library voice.  How ironic.

I know. Maybe now she will understand how shrill she sounds. Wait, it's Vicki, she will never get it.  I  can't stand all that loudness either.

Also, how much does Michael hate his mother?  He always looks so embarrassed.

I would have to that Pary, that we are having a private conversation, when she had to go outside where the women were chatting.  It looked sad that only Gina and Emily were left at the table.  Pary should have stayed with her daughter in law.  That woman is just too thirsty.  She wants to be the next cutesie howife mama.

• Love 4

See that awful poker suit is why I love Shannon.

Yes! I had noticed the jacket in the previews last week, but the pants were an added bonus. However, Shannon gets points deducted for the self-absorption and disregard she displayed in regards to Eddie. She's still one of my all-time fave HWs, but I need her to do better than that.

This is the same dude that wants his last name back. 

Wait...David wants Shannon to drop the "Beador"? What a douche. I wonder if that's more his gf's influence?

I think I'm done with Orange County - are there any other HWs in the franchise that I should watch? 

Check out Dallas, which premieres tomorrow. The gals are funny, and the storylines usually aren't too deep or dark.

Cut Fitness must be nothing but a hobby, not a big income producer for them so where else besides the show is the money going to come from for Tamra and Eddie? Nowhere else. Tamra did not marry a wealthy man so shes gotta keep collecting those checks, she's the breadwinner in the family!!

I imagine the Bravo checks also help pay for Eddie's health insurance.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

I would have to that Pary, that we are having a private conversation, when she had to go outside where the women were chatting.  It looked sad that only Gina and Emily were left at the table.  Pary should have stayed with her daughter in law.  That woman is just too thirsty.  She wants to be the next cutesie howife mama.

She runs into the scene, squirrels herself into the couch next to Kelly, grabbing her hand.  Glancing at the camera to be sure she is in the shot.  It was pathetic!

You are right, she wants to be cutesie, but she will NEVER be cutesie.  Her face is like a horror show!

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, politichick said:

I laughed, too, at the "maybe math won't be your thing," comment.

And her funny expression when she said it! Screeching aside, she may turn out to be quite entertaining.

• Love 3

Kelly looks a lot of the time either drunk or drugged out.

Shannon still moaning about weight issues well simple do something about it no wonder David was annoyed with her she talks alot but does nothing yet he does to work everyday no wonder he had to get away shes a mess.

It is pointless getting equipment to do exercise if you are not going to use it or sort out what is most important the food/drink you consume (crosstrainer is all she needs that is great workout without putting pressure on joints)

Tamra sounds very jealous when others have friendships not revolving around her and what is with keeping score people dont need to phone you everytime to ask hows this person or that person it's weird especially when you have sick partner/child somethings should be private.

A few people have commented on Eddie and I can understand what he is going through when you are active person and then you get sick everything changes without it being your choice it is awful especially when there is no fix a large % of these people suffer depression with suicidal thoughts this happened to myself when diagnosed with ms many years ago with it looking like there is no hope i would ever get out of wheelchair with it getting worth in the future.

Is Tamra really this dumb she looked up Eddie condition and thought theirs easy fix what the hell sites has she been reading there is many things they need to try pacemaker tends to be one of them and there is no cure the sooner he gets this and into her head the better not sure what these doctors are feeding them or he is in denial

so bored of this setting up ex with friend grow up whats the problem plus it didn't go down like Kelly is making out the only reason to react like this is if you still are in love with them and jealous the others jumping in whats that about its none of there business this is what Jeana sort of said no other place they accept this move on.

That Michael creeps me out the same with Ryan, whats with Vickis kids letting her buy them houses/condo the point of growing up moving out is to be independent

These women are all insecure and need a real reality check

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

She runs into the scene, squirrels herself into the couch next to Kelly, grabbing her hand.  Glancing at the camera to be sure she is in the shot.  It was pathetic!

You are right, she wants to be cutesie, but she will NEVER be cutesie.  Her face is like a horror show!

But, the mama from Miami Howives had a horror show face and she became a cutesie fave of Andy.  Andy will probably due a segment with Pary on the reunion show this year.

• Love 7

I am bored with the story line of ex set up because its clear these chicks hate Vicki. And who can blame them? Vicki is horrid.  But this is how they pay their bills so they have to engage with the sea hag. Nothing will ever redeem her. Nothing.

I am a glutton for punishment so I keep watching but I am close to stopping. This isn't entertaining and it hasn't been for a while. However Andy you are wrong. Its Shannon's show not the asshole Vicki. 

I know people think Vicki has such great kids but I think because so many especially the oc are hot messes so her kids look good by comparison. For me Avery is the most well adjusted of the howives kids. Briana, while not lazy and she is bright, has always stroke me as a codependent type of chick (with her beast of a mother who is surprised) and Michael is just lazy. Why else would you work for Vicki? He clearly hates her being around her.

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 7

"And all these people want to come work for me!  But I chose Michael!"

Uh no.  Any resumes you get I imagine involve one of two scenarios (assuming ANYONE wants to come work for you at all)

1.  They sent standard resumes to every insurance company in the greater Los Angeles/Orange County area looking for a job and had no idea who you were. 

2.  They want to be on CAMERA.

Because NO ONE in their right mind wants to work for a scamming harpy like you.  

I checked her Yelp review.  Three reviews.  One mentions Icki by name so you KNOW they're a fan.  One was happy with the service.  One was VERY unhappy and described his experience dealing with her in great detail and giving dates.  Vicki responded that he was essentially a liar and derided him about using Yelp.

based on the majority of Mark's posts, he likes to use YELP in a derogatory manner.

Except I looked at a majority of his posts.  She's lying about that too.  He has 27 reviews - only 8 of them are 1 or 2 stars, and are mostly restaurants.  Vast majority of his reviews are 4 and 5 stars.  Apparently, dipshit Icki doesn't know that's the idea of Yelp - to post a review of your honest experience.  And I'll believe HIS version of events than hers.   

• Love 16

If Coto insurance has grown so much that they need a Vice President (michael) why do we never see any one but her assistant and Michael and why is the Vice President sitting outside Vicki’s door? Wtf????

What I’m seeing is that vicki has thrown her friend over for some man. Whatever her man’s name is befriends kelly’s Ex and Vicki dumps kelly. She’s the most disgusting piece of shit!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, SweetPickle said:

Shannon is my all time favorite housewife. I adore anyone who goes for the laugh. She slayed me walking to the car w the helmet on for the ropes course and then this outfit. She just has such a fun personality. I hope she finds someone who appreciates her for who she is.

She does love to have fun, dress up in a theme suit for poker night or that horrible green shirt for St. Patty's day...I could hang out with her, (now she has stopped crying at the drop of a hat).

• Love 8
21 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Archie sighting?

Shannon in that suit was everything.  Ya gotta love the humor she brings at times.

Michael must really need the money to be in an office every day with his mother.

Yeah, I get why Kelly was so hurt that her ex gets invited to Thanksgiving at Vick's house and she doesn't.  Kelly was her ally last season.  And then Vicks hooking up a friend with Michael.  Yep.  Welcome to the real Vicks.

I feel for Eddie.  Those car scenes should never have been filmed.

OTOH, Tamra on her scooter.  Pretty funny.

Just not feeling the new housewives yet.

I dislike sticking up for Vicki (I am going to Hell in a handbasket) but to be a little bit fair to the situation, I think she invited Michael at Steve's request.  They seem to be friends.  And we all know whatever Steve wants, Vicki will do.  Actually, she could have had Jolie and Kelly too, and it would have been a nice gesture.  They are divorced, but have a daughter.     First holidays alone are hard

• Love 3
3 hours ago, jaync said:

Wait...David wants Shannon to drop the "Beador"? What a douche. I wonder if that's more his gf's influence?

It is easier to keep the last name of your children for various reasons, David is an idiot.

I changed my name back to my maiden...my kids have my ex's name and there was a lot of confusion with schools and such, hindsight...I should have just kept it.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

She going back to NY?

Www.ocregister.com has the full story.

I didn't read the entire story because I have a hard enough time staying awake. But I thought that under a million for that area in Orange county CA is kind of low. But I know nothing about real estate and current property prices in Coto. Or anywhere else! Lol

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Www.ocregister.com has the full story.

I didn't read the entire story because I have a hard enough time staying awake. But I thought that under a million for that area in Orange county CA is kind of low. But I know nothing about real estate and current property prices in Coto. Or anywhere else! Lol

Divorcing, as most people here guessed - about 2200 sq ft, purchased in 2016 for $840,000 - nothing about where she’s going to live.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Just out of curiosity, would Tamra's broken foot be covered by workman's comp? I mean, she DID injure herself while she was working.

Depends on the state as to whether the WC Act covers someone who is clearly inebriated. Also depends on the policy-some will not cover injuries that occur outside the US (the employer would have a separate policy for it or risk being sued directly by their employee) even if the inebriated person is covered under the Act.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sandyskyblue said:

Yes, I feel terrible for Eddie, too.....I like him, he is a straight-shooter, I don't know if his meds make him appear to be shutting down or maybe it's his way of coping with his health issues, but I think he needed to be dealing with it all without the cameras in his face....I hope he is doing better...

Mr. Chat has said that men tend to see illness as a weakness (I don't see it that way, but that's a man's perspective on it.)  I would guess that in addition to Eddie feeling bad physically, the mental stress of not being able to do what you love to do and what makes a living for you has got to be tough, then add on to that if he feels somehow less than a man for not being able to provide for his family (again, I don't see it that way, but some men do,)  I can understand his anger coming out.  On the car ride home, it would've been better if Tamra would've just stopped talking.   I have found that where women need to unload all of their emotional turmoil, men tend to clam up.  That's just from my humble experience on the matter. They'll talk about "stuff" when they're ready.  YMMV. 

I just hope that Eddie gets better.  I was impressed to see Ryan taking an interest in Eddie's health and driving them to and from the procedure.  

• Love 14

Man, I’m fairly new to posting on the forum (I’ve been lurking for a while). I come here for escapism, so I really wish we could keep politics and political opinions out of the the conversation entirely. I don’t care whether I agree with you politically or not, I want an escape from that - snarking on the people on RHOC is the most important thing I want. 

• Love 11

I was thinking. Vicki set  Kelly's ex up with one of her friends.  I didn't think she had any friends , except for the show. Must have really been Steve's friend.  Also, so far this season she is acted like she is a delicate flower, offended by the drinking and screeching.  That must be Steve's dong also.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

I was thinking. Vicki set  Kelly's ex up with one of her friends.  I didn't think she had any friends , except for the show. Must have really been Steve's friend.  Also, so far this season she is acted like she is a delicate flower, offended by the drinking and screeching.  That must be Steve's dong also.

Best.typo.ever. Now, pass the brain bleach. ?

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Man, I’m fairly new to posting on the forum (I’ve been lurking for a while). I come here for escapism, so I really wish we could keep politics and political opinions out of the the conversation entirely. I don’t care whether I agree with you politically or not, I want an escape from that - snarking on the people on RHOC is the most important thing I want. 

Welcome, @Stats Queen.  PTV has a "no politics" rule; unfortunately, every once in a while people still try to sneak in a political reference.  The Mods are usually all over it, but you can always use the Report Post function to bring it to their attention.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

Depends on the state as to whether the WC Act covers someone who is clearly inebriated. Also depends on the policy-some will not cover injuries that occur outside the US (the employer would have a separate policy for it or risk being sued directly by their employee) even if the inebriated person is covered under the Act.

In our State, people involved in workplace accidents with injuries are tested for substances.  If tests are positive, you would not qualify for WC wages or medical payments.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure that the hos are contractors and if they are, then they wouldn't have workers comp.  So Tamra would be on her own, unless there's some sort of overriding production insurance they can buy into.  

I wasn't the least bit surprised when Tamra said that Shannon hadn't called about Eddie and that Shannon was all about Shannon.  Earlier in the show, when Shannon and Kelly were talking, she (Shannon) made some sort of comment about how great and surprising it was that Kelly was able to be there for her (Shannon) and supporting her.  That struck me as odd, since they were both in the same boat, wouldn't they be supporting EACH OTHER (TM Kandi)?   But, no, even though Kelly is also newly single, it's all Shannon and her issues ALL.THE.TIME.  My jaw still dropped, though, when she said "it must have been an emotional day" regarding her own emotions as her reason for not calling to see how Eddie's procedure had gone.  Fuck taking her calls if it wasn't a good time for me anymore.  

Gina was loud.  It was annoying, but, no one ponied up and said "Hey, you're kinda loud, tone it down"  That seemed strange to me.  Vicki wanting a library voice was just ludicrous, since I'm not sure she's ever set foot in a library and she damn sure has no concept of a library voice.  But, if my husband had yelled down the stairs the way Emily's husband did, he'd quickly discover just how loud someone could get.  There's no way in hell I'd tolerate him being that rude to someone that I invited into our home.  Even if he felt she was loud, rude, drunken, whatever, you're still modeling to your kids how you behave and treat people when they are your guests, and that's not how I'd have them treated.  

It does seem like he's the only LDS member of the family, doesn't it?  Mom and sister were doing shots, but he has milk and juice when he goes out to dinner with his wife.  I have some friends who are LDS and they have differing interpretations of the "rules" when it comes to caffeine.  Some avoid it altogether, in any form.  Others are fine with iced tea or soda but not hot tea or coffee.  Hot chocolate, though, is ok.  I'm not 100% clear on how COLD tea is different than hot tea, but, this is the rule.  Also, no alcohol varies, some it means no alcohol in anything ever.  For others, it's no alcohol to drink, but if the steak has a red wine reduction, no problem.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

So, like every other organized religion, lol.  (-;

Pretty much, though I don't know that most religions have as many or as specific rules.  Well, unless you go the Duggar route and start adding more on top of the "typical" ones (only side-hugging, Jesus meant grape juice in the Bible and not wine, women should wear dresses, etc).

• Love 1
11 hours ago, kicksave said:

I agree...he seems like a nice enough guy but with little backbone. The best thing he could have done for himself would have been to get a job with another company and move to another state. Vicki has some hold over him and treats him like a little kid. Her badgering of him get married and asking if she could go on vacation with him and his girlfriend was cringe worthy. Cut the apron strings and let this kid go already...

Michael is a 33-year-old man, not Vicki's hostage. His choice to work for his mother is his own. This is a person who nearly flunked out of one of the biggest party schools in the country. I don't think that working hard is really his thing. Neither is fending for himself. I suspect that he'll take a paycheck (and gifts) from Vicki until she retires; she'll turn over Coto Insurance to him and he'll promptly run it into the ground. He gets no sympathy from me.

11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Never going to happen. Just 2 episodes ago she's running around drunk and naked on national TV while her husband is seriously sick and her daughter is still estranged from her and has made it clear she is embarrassed by her behavior. Cut Fitness must be nothing but a hobby, not a big income producer for them so where else besides the show is the money going to come from for Tamra and Eddie? Nowhere else. Tamra did not marry a wealthy man so shes gotta keep collecting those checks, she's the breadwinner in the family!!

It seemed like Eddie led a lot of the workout classes at Cut Fitness, which he now cannot do. Tams can't do it either because of her foot. Jokes have been made that the parking lot is always empty there. I guess they were making enough to get by but now with Eddie's health, I wonder how they're going to stay in business.

• Love 11

Enough with the 100+ year old plastic looking mother in law blow up doll. I had my series fill of her the moment she started yapping and mugging for the camera. 

Good god she was desperate for camera time. Now just pat her on the back of the head to usher her out the door.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Are they considered employees of Bravo/NBC? Do they get health benefits? Anyone know? Will Shannon and Kelly have to sign up for Obamacare? 

NO! I am not ambulance chasing Vicki Gunvalson!! I am just curious about weird shit, plus I used to work in healthcare, where I'd have been the poor sucker having to fill out a claim form because of this.

Have you seen Tamra's contract? They are independent contractors.

contractwife.pdf

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/real-housewives-orange-county-contract-reality-tv/

The production companies and NBC Universal don't want to be liable for any injuries or deaths. If you've noticed, the cameras almost go down unless a member of film crew might be in danger. Those people are employees. Tamra rolls a buggy at Glamis and the cameras never went dark. The RHoNY wives are on a rough boat trip in Colombia and the cameras were shut off because the ride to rough for the crew to film and protect themselves.

The closest anyone has ever gotten to suing and winning was Tanya Cooley from the Real World/Challenge when she was raped on camera. They could see that her arguments seemed to be very persuasive so they settled before rather than have it establish precedent.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

The Orange County girls are losing me.  It's hard to stay interested and I kept changing channels.  

I watch the New York version which is fun. I think I'm done with Orange County - are there any other HWs in the franchise that I should watch?  

They lost me when I realized Vickie wasn't going away which she absolutely should have after the cancer fiasco!!  She is beyond awful and worse, not even fun to hate.  I saw a clip of Gina being too loud for her and that made me like Gina a lot.  PS I like Potomac

Edited by noveltylibrary
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Giselle said:

Enough with the 100+ year old plastic looking mother in law blow up doll. I had my series fill of her the moment she started yapping and mugging for the camera. 

Good god she was desperate for camera time. Now just pat her on the back of the head to usher her out the door.

Funny, I initially thought you were talking about Tamra! This is her destiny; her future! ;-)

• Love 6

I feel for Tamra.

When I was a caregiver for my mother I lost a lot of friends. I wasn't able to drop everything and go as I did before. The two friends that I thought would stick by me and call didn't. I was there to listen to every "woe is me" story when they wanted to vent or cheer when they had success but when the tables were turned they didn't call or stop by.

I was most surprised by the two who weren't so close to begin with, who did stick by me & made sure I had some "Giselle time"... even showing up knocking on the door, out of the blue, to whisk me away while my dad took care of my mother. They were the ones who called, switched  things around so I could join them, and they allowed me to vent or forget as I needed.

As years passed we did this for each other. It was a blessing. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Funny, I initially thought you were talking about Tamra! This is her destiny; her future! ;-)

Yes, it is true for many of not most of the housewives. They're starting to look like cousins with the  chipmunk cheek fillers, the funky looking plastic surgery eyes they all get when they go for a facelift and the raccoon makeup.

They all looked so much better, so much more natural their first season on the show. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

I liked my Grandma's way of getting guests out of the house. She got into her PJs and robe and served a round of orange juice. When needed she would start cold cream cleansing her face in her chair in the living room just as she did every night before bed. Even the stragglers got the message when she did that.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I liked my Grandma's way of getting guests out of the house. She got into her PJs and robe and served a round of orange juice. When needed she would start cold cream cleansing her face in her chair in the living room just as she did every night before bed. Even the stragglers got the message when she did that.

Who's rude enough to overstay their welcome by that much? It's never happened to me; a real night owl here! Now if the person isn't welcome, I'd tell them to leave! Lucky it's never really happened! I can only remember one visit that I regret and should have tossed the guy! A friend brought someone with them; no biggie! The problem was he was a smoker! To be kind back then I didn't make a big deal about it; back in the 80's before everyone made ciggies verboten! After a while, I see this a-hole isn't even inhaling, just blowing out pure white smoke! It was horrible later trying to clear the air! It was the winter and so no air was circulating! I still have nightmares about that night trying to sleep with all that smoke floating around my apartment! ;-)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

Who's rude enough to overstay their welcome by that much? It's never happened to me; a real night owl here! Now if the person isn't welcome, I'd tell them to leave! Lucky it's never really happened! I can only remember one visit that I regret and should have tossed the guy! A friend brought someone with them; no biggie! The problem was he was a smoker! To be kind back then I didn't make a big deal about it; back in the 80's before everyone made ciggies verboten! After a while, I see this a-hole isn't even inhaling, just blowing out pure white smoke! It was horrible later trying to clear the air! It was the winter and so no air was circulating! I still have nightmares about that night trying to sleep with all that smoke floating around my apartment! ;-)

The family knew a few people like that and they did it at other parties and gatherings in our circle. Gladly their time has passed but I can remember Gram serving orange juice and cleansing her face when they visited.

My dad was a smoker but he would never smoke in someone's house and he would never just flick ashes anywhere or leave butts. He had a mint tin that he would stick in his pocket and use as an ashtray. Everything left with him.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, mon berg said:

Shannon still moaning about weight issues well simple do something about it no wonder David was annoyed with her she talks alot but does nothing yet he does to work everyday no wonder he had to get away shes a mess.

I like that she does it and that she’s continued on the show. Weight loss is hard and I think it’s great she acknowledges that. I also don’t think that was the demise of their marriage. As my mom (maybe mom stole it so not claiming ownership) says “if it was easy Oprah would be tiny”.   Also?  She rocked a green suit with cards on it.

While on surface I totally get why Vicki setting Kelly’s ex up is horrid- is it really?  She talked awful about him.  Shannon equated at dinner if someone did that to her and I get it. But Kelly?  She acted like she was married to Satan and he was lucky to have her. While I understand being angered at it I think she’s really run that mileage out. She never acted like that was her one true love. Take your own advice and stop talking about!

Ive clearly never been on reality TV but I’d like to think either as an actor/player, producer whatever I would have canned the Eddie parts. Poor guy- I wish him the best. 

I thoght Erica’s husband was such a DB too. I don’t even have kids and I knew what she meant by saying the other girl (her name escapes me and I scrolled up to look and didn’t find it!)  has little kids. It meant she ducking understood (always leave that autocorrect) and apologized.  What an insufferable non bar passer that lame ass guy is. I’d give him all the time in the world to pass by way of getting the hell out.

Look I hate Vicki but Micheal needs to learn he is a VP (how?!) solely by his mom so he needs to give good camera time. I give him a pass when ole Vick showed up for keg stands in college at CO but you have made a deal with the devil and need to in HW terms “own it”.

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

On August 14, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Pondlass1 said:

The Orange County girls are losing me.  It's hard to stay interested and I kept changing channels.  

I watch the New York version which is fun. I think I'm done with Orange County - are there any other HWs in the franchise that I should watch?  

They lost me when I realized Vickie wasn't going away which she absolutely should have after the cancer fiasco!!  She is beyond awful and worse, not even fun to hate.  I saw a clip of Gina being too loud for her and that made me like Gina a lot.  PS I like Potomac

Edited 4 hours ago by noveltylibrary.

I'm with you two - RHOC can't keep my interest any more.  And if faking cancer isn't grounds for getting kicked off the show, it's not a show for me.   I've not watched at all this season

However....I have a question:

I was watching a YouTube video for tonight's RHONY reunion, and a video from RHOC came on.  It featured a housewife I've not met (Emily) having a conversation with someone who I assumed was playing the "bitchy queen from the glam squad" role.  

But it was her husband?!?!

To say he pinged my gaydar is an understatement.  Has this been discussed?  I haven't read every thread, but when it wasn't the first thing discussed on Emily's thread, I figured I'd just ask y'all.

No judgement implied - I support all gay rights.

(And I know that I'm biased - he snarked on older women so I hated him immediately)

Edited by OldButHappy
grammer, punctuation...the usual
  • Love 5