Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Your Amygdala Is Showing

• Start Topic

Brandi adopts a baby boy; LeeAnne blames her enlarged amygdala as the source of her sour disposition; Kameron's husband, Court, gives her an ultimatum; Cary and LeeAnne arrange a summit; D'Andra throws an anniversary party.

Airs August 15, 2018.

Kam, aka Dum Dum, doesn't seem to be able to process the simplest of information. Fortunately, her little daughter understands what Daddy is saying, and I'm DYING laughing that she keeps saying, "Awkward." Bwah! 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 10

I love my in laws!  But they called right in the middle!  And I missed why....

Rich is suddenly a pirate?

No.  Wait!  Leanne threw a glass and a shard got in his eye.

"This is why you use plastic."  Still laughing at that one.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Cary's makeup at the restaurant looks so natural compared to LeeAnn's huge eyelashes and heavy makeup. 

LeeAnn's talking head interviews look like Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!   

• Love 13

Mark and Cary are such label whores. We knew it was a Porsche when we saw it, Mark, you don't have to train your child to say it.

In the span of a day or two, Cary and LeeAnne went from "let's just be civil around each other" to then hugging like they were best friends who hadn't seen each other in years.

I guess this season's feud will be D'Andra and Brandi? Yawn.

What is with the severe Elvira-like styling on this show? Both D'Andra and LeeAnne are guilty of it. They look positively evil.

• Love 6

The boy’s biological parents were teenagers, who awarded him to the state at birth. Without a plan in place, social workers were having trouble finding a family who wanted a son — until they were led to Brandi and Bryan.

When does being a boy make it hard to find adoptive parents?

Maybe I missed crucial details, but this is kind of strange. 

Congrats to the addition to their family. Babies are a blessing. 

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

In the span of a day or two, Cary and LeeAnne went from "let's just be civil around each other" to then hugging like they were best friends who hadn't seen each other in years.

Matter of days? Leanne totally mind flipped her in a matter of minutes at that breakfast lol she stroked carys ego and boom went from I just want to be cordial to gabbing lol I was sitting in amazement watching that spectacular mind wipe occur 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

I'm confused and perplexed that she was able to buy a baby so quickly. Isn't there usually a waiting period?

Not for ginger witch babies?  (I kid, I personally love a ginger.)

I feel cheated at the off camera takes-backsies by D’Andra’s mom.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Is it evil I’m loving her mother talking shit through this entire party?

No that was awesome

1 hour ago, zenme said:

So what are the odds Brandy gets a red headed baby? How often is a white, redheaded baby up for adoption? Hmm...if I didn't know better I'd wonder what redheaded husband is up to on his down time...

Creative theory! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Thanks for this link.  I still think there is more to this story -- or it was misrepresented on the show.  "She (forgot her name) called me and said there was a baby available for adoption!"  Was Brandi on a list?  Why didn't the Adoption Guy (friend of friend) call her?   Doesn't sound right.

But you can tell Brandi is so happy!  I just wonder about other parents who would love a baby.

• Love 13

Honestly, when I first heard about this, I figured it was probably orchestrated by one of those shady religious adoption agencies. Stephanie is a well-connected person in Dallas, so it wouldn't surprise me if Brandi and Brian were able to write a check and get a baby through her and her friend.

• Love 20

Yeah I call shady shenanigans on this adoption.  I'm sure there are plenty of people on the waiting list for a healthy white male newborn- even if he is a ginger (jk though I love redheads and it tickles me that there is a ginger family of five on the show). It was sweet though that Stephanie cried when she met the baby.  He is a cutie.

Agree on Cary and Marc being insufferable label whores.  Insecure, party of two.  Make that three since they are now teaching their kid how to be mindlessly shallow.

i love. Leanne too.  She is hilarious and makes for great tv.  She has the face of a lioness doesn't she?  Gorgeous but terrifying and unpredictable.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

I'm confused and perplexed that she was able to buy a baby so quickly. Isn't there usually a waiting period?

Agreed. That story seems so fishy. 

In other news, I still don’t understand why Stephanie says “whenever” instead of “when.”

Edited by MinorL
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Leeann totally manipulated carey into being friends again Jesus Christ if it wasn’t on tape I wouldn’t have believed it getting her to go from I don’t want to be friends to let’s have girl gab in 10 secs 

But wasn’t it just about their jobs on the show - the point of their coffee meeting was to be able to film together, that day and in the future.

• Love 3

I’m glad others were as confused as I was about the baby adoption. Brandi seems really happy and I’m sure they will give the baby a great home, but something about this all reminded me of a SVU episode with illegal adoption agencies and stolen babies. Crossover potential with NBC in the fall? Paging Detective Benson!

ETA: I still can’t stand Kam and her baby voice and pink dog food. But I did like her skirt at the party, which sorta fills me with shame.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

But wasn’t it just about their jobs on the show - the point of their coffee meeting was to be able to film together, that day and in the future.

yes but Carey went from absolutely not  to fine I'll be in the same room with you but I cant forgive you to no we cant have girl talk at all im not in that space with you to omg lets talk about girl talk in a span of 5 mins lol it was like whiplash

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Thumper said:

Thanks for this link.  I still think there is more to this story -- or it was misrepresented on the show.  "She (forgot her name) called me and said there was a baby available for adoption!"  Was Brandi on a list?  Why didn't the Adoption Guy (friend of friend) call her?   Doesn't sound right.

But you can tell Brandi is so happy!  I just wonder about other parents who would love a baby.

Yeah, that is weird. Stephanie made it sound almost like the social worker was on the phone, desperately calling around trying to find a home for an infant. No home study? Every adoption story I have heard involved a long, long, loooong wait for a baby. I am happy for all of them because I think Brandi, for all her foibles, is a kind and loving mom, so that's awesome, but the way it played out? I think there's more to the story.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, zenme said:

So what are the odds Brandy gets a red headed baby? How often is a white, redheaded baby up for adoption? Hmm...if I didn't know better I'd wonder what redheaded husband is up to on his down time...

Holy. Shit. I did not think of this, but your theory is right up my conspiracy-theory-loving alley! This actually makes a lot more sense than the lightening speed adoption. 

• Love 7

Yes, there’s more to the adoption story.... but that baby landed with parents who just love him to bits so I’m happy for that bubba.

I didn’t watch last season but those flashbacks are making me think I need to search out those episodes and catch up on Leanne’s drama. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yeah, that is weird. Stephanie made it sound almost like the social worker was on the phone, desperately calling around trying to find a home for an infant. No home study? Every adoption story I have heard involved a long, long, loooong wait for a baby. I am happy for all of them because I think Brandi, for all her foibles, is a kind and loving mom, so that's awesome, but the way it played out? I think there's more to the story.

I think it was a couple things that cut down the time they got the child One Stephanie knew the guy who owns/operates the largest adoption agency in Texas ( it made it seem like they were close) Two I think maybe Stephanie knew that without them being able to have a child on their own that adoption was open for them knowing that they wanted a son and three I mean who hasn't used connections to get ahead with things these are rich people its what they do ( its not like these are people not able to care for the baby they have 2 daughters of their own with means to care for the child and no prior offenses that would raise red flags with any adoption agency's anywhere and we dont know the time that she texted her letting her know about the baby and when they got the child.  I'm 1000000% sure it wasn't hey here's the baby )and 4 its Texas are we really surprised (no shade in that i was raised from 5-8 in Texas) 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

I"m on board with the adoption story seeming odd.

My baseless and fact free conjecture is that Leeanne is somehow involved in a black market baby scheme and holds this information over Brandi's head!

I believe that woman could procure anything if she put her mind to it........

ETA: Would it surprise any of us that Leeanne was Queen of the Dark Web?

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think it was a couple things that cut down the time they got the child One Stephanie knew the guy who owns the largest adoption agency in Texas ( it made it seem like they were close) Two I think maybe Stephanie knew that without them being able to have a child on their own that adoption was open for them knowing that they wanted a son and three I mean who hasnt used connections to get ahead with things these are rich people its what they do and 4 its Texas are we really surprised (no shade in that i was raised from 5-8 in Texas) 

I think the thing that strikes me as the most odd is that, according to the People story, the adoption agency was "trying to find a home" (sort of implies some difficulty) for the baby. As far as I know, there's never a shortage of homes, just a shortage of infants available for adoption.  And Brandi said they weren't even looking to adopt, so they weren't even waiting at all. She just got a "do you want a baby boy?" call from Stephanie. 

Of course the main thing is that it worked out well for the baby, he ended up in a loving family, and that's the goal.  But if that's the whole story, it seems a little unorthodox, to say the least.

• Love 11