Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S02.E03: Blindsided

1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

"People are looking at me funny" she lamented. No dear, They just want to Make Nigeria Great Again.

Priceless.  Toaster Strudel, you are a very funny writer.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Personally, and maybe this is partly relative... but I find Angela to be rather likable.  Yes, she could use a make over and some practice modulating her volume.  But, compared to the vapid, vacuous, self-absorbed people that comprise almost everyone else on this show, I would choose to spend time with Angela, who seems genuine, authentic, and has at least some self-awareness, any day of the week. 

I agree! She can go from NOT to HOT! Like honey boo boo’s mom

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

It was also a little worrisome how Jon kept talking about how much stress this was...and the baby crying was stressing him...and his mom had to make him tea to calm him down. I’m wondering if he has other issues going on which keeps him home with Mom. Like mental health issues? 

I was thinking the same thing... and I actually think she was too, she has a weird look on her face when he was doing that. I was actually worried for the baby when she let him deal with the crying... I was thinking what if he snaps?? That’s your baby I wouldn’t trust a stranger with my baby!! No way!

• Like 16

Rachel's big white tshirt with the frayed collar when she and Jon were settling in for their first night together ... smh. I thought it was a little wierd how they immediately acted like an "old married couple" right off the bat ... 

Ricky's Spanish skills are a little confusing. He seems somewhat able carry on a conversation, yet doesn't know a lot of simple words. 

Hazel .... I want to dislike her for being so opportunistic, (the only reason she was jealous if his ex from Bangkok was probably so she wouldnt take away HER meal ticket) but when she said she had to give up custody of her son, my heart broke a little for her. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Like 5

I have two pet peeves regarding this storyline. The first is that TLC is irresponsible for repeatedly hinting that people are getting catfished by Spanish fashion models, breast implanted Columbian hotties or mysteriously evasive Filippinas, and yet the dreamboat love interests always show up. I don't think it's realistic. At this time there are probably tens of thousands of people being catfished, they watch this show and all those unexpected happy endings reinforce their delusions. The second pet peeve is suitors like Ricky who are literally being led by their dicks pretending that they are gentlemen and totally uninterested in sex - their intentions are pure. Nothing could be further from the truth. Besides being a filthy lie, this is the lowest effort courtship imaginable. They pursue women that are overtly sexual, for their own sexual gratification, then act all coy in their presence, like women that present themselves that way don't welcome that kind of attention to at least some degree. So instead of making an effort getting to know the woman as a person, exploring her desires, trying to be an attentive and creative lover, doing things together to create bonds, it's like they just give up and and try to sell themselves as a celibate, sexually undemanding partner.

I agree 100%, but if we're being honest here, you had me at Garbage Gnome.

I'm looking forward to next week's insane religious displays.

It's not complete without rattlesnakes.

• Like 8

I hate to say this but those poor girls better get the beer goggles out or throw on a set of captain contacts cause Tarik and Ricky are nothing to look at! There definitely gonna need some liquid encouragement!! 

On another note I thought it was pretty weird that Melissa wore the same shirt she sent all her selfies in... like is that your only shirt? Pick a different one... he already saw that one...

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, millennium said:

2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I have two pet peeves regarding this storyline. The first is that TLC is irresponsible for repeatedly hinting that people are getting catfished by Spanish fashion models, breast implanted Columbian hotties or mysteriously evasive Filippinas, and yet the dreamboat love interests always show up. I don't think it's realistic. At this time there are probably tens of thousands of people being catfished, they watch this show and all those unexpected happy endings reinforce their delusions. The second pet peeve is suitors like Ricky who are literally being led by their dicks pretending that they are gentlemen and totally uninterested in sex - their intentions are pure. Nothing could be further from the truth. Besides being a filthy lie, this is the lowest effort courtship imaginable. They pursue women that are overtly sexual, for their own sexual gratification, then act all coy in their presence, like women that present themselves that way don't welcome that kind of attention to at least some degree. So instead of making an effort getting to know the woman as a person, exploring her desires, trying to be an attentive and creative lover, doing things together to create bonds, it's like they just give up and and try to sell themselves as a celibate, sexually undemanding partner.

I agree! It’s pathetic, trying to make themselves look like gentlemen when they chose those girls strictly on appearance! They don’t even care who they are as a person they see an opportunity to take advantage of someone less fortunate... it’s sad it’s like there literally buying them because they know they can’t get a girl in that league so they search out a poverty stricken country to find someone down on themselves that will stay with them because they literally don’t have a way out of there awful situation... and it’s all sex driven and  disgusting .  Sad . There nothing but nasty pigs these men

and true the catfished people are finding hope in what TLC is portraying here

Edited by Mainer
  • Like 21

Angela was SO embarrassing grabbing at Michael like that. She has no basic manners at all and she's literally bowling him over. She is so outside his comfort zone with her behavior, add to that the age difference, and NOT being her selfies, and she has blown herself right out if the water. And she doesn't know what a hawker is? Girl, that is not unique to Nigeria!

Hazel is kind? When I first heard him say that last week I thought he was so naïve as he barely knows this girl. Now seeing her in person, kind is the last word I would use to describe her. Cold and calculating is more like it. She knows what she wants from him. No mention of what she is offering. Not sure what to make of her desire to not have sex until she marries him. Since her family is religious, that could be it, but she does have a child and I haven't heard it mentioned that she was married before.

Jon's mom infantalizes him. She acts as though he's 16 and too young to even consider parenting. Not a very nice person. Jon himself seems a bit better this week. I thought it was sweet when he went to comfort Lucy. Just hope he can keep a handle on that stress and learn to live with the changes.

Melissa seemed sweet, but she's ghosting him again. I don't think she ever planned for this to be a real relationship and he's backed her into a corner.

Surprised Karine's father was accepting. I think she brought the pregnancy test thing on herself by flirting with other guys, but it was still extreme. At least it appears Paul only got the restraining order for texting. Sure would like to know why he set that fire and to what.

Jesse was somewhat more bearable this episode. It is unrealistic for her to expect him to feel comfortable in the father role. They are both idiots to expect this to work.

Edited by renatae
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, renatae said:

Hazel is kind? When I first heard him say that last week I thought he was so naïve as he barely knows this girl. Now seeing her in person, kind is the last word I would use to describe her. Cold and calculating is more like it. She knows what she wants from him. No mention of what she is offering.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t feel an ounce of sympathy for this girl. All my sympathy goes to Ari. She’s the only one with no choice in this ridiculousness.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, millennium said:

Melissa.  The gif that keeps on giving.   I agree something about her seems curious.   Is she bi-racial?  Colombian and Asian?  Has she had too much plastic surgery?  And braces?  Homework?  I would get back on the plane and be content with never finding out.  Ricky's spidey sense is probably tingling but he doesn't notice because of that other tingling.

“The gif that keeps on giving” - slow clap for the best one liner.  Though I bet she also keeps on taking.  

I will note that all y’all owe me money because I had my chips on “she exists, she shows, she is from the photos.”

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Melissa looks like she is 15 years old tops...she even mentioned she had to do homework.

Agreed!  Ricky better take his Keenan Thompson looking ass back to Ohio before he finds himself talking to Chris Hansen in a "To Catch a Predator" episode.

8 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Is it me or is Jon scared to have sex so he said be right back to check on Lucy?

He stepped out to have a good puke.   No way in hell I would let that fledgling serial killer be alone with my child.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Personally, and maybe this is partly relative... but I find Angela to be rather likable.  Yes, she could use a make over and some practice modulating her volume.  But, compared to the vapid, vacuous, self-absorbed people that comprise almost everyone else on this show, I would choose to spend time with Angela, who seems genuine, authentic, and has at least some self-awareness, any day of the week. 

8 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I too really like Angela. She’s been my favorite from S1 Ep1 of this season.

Though it still makes me giggle every time Jesse talks about not being a “fodder” to Darcy’s kids, he reminds me more and more of Patrick Bateman in “American Psycho” with every cold-eyed look over Darcy’s shoulder when they embrace. Yikes.

Oh, Ricky. Bless his heart. And his Spanish is actually quite good. 

Karine doesn’t seem afraid to stand up to Pole. Hopefully that will save her.

2 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I found Angela constantly grabbing for Michael's private parts nauseating. How he made it through that night, I'll never know.  She doesn't belong there; doesn't belong in this situation. She needs to find a nice 50-something year old man in Georgia, to go out to eat and to tractor pulls with.

So far, I do like Angela and Rachel. Don’t get me wrong I think they are making questionable choices, BUT I think they are probably genuinely kind people who do want an emotionally intimate relationship. 

As far as Angela, I understand as women get older the men start dying off and there may not be that many available men her age in her home town, but she could get on online and find a guy in the closest metro area who would be into her.

Rachel has a divorce and two kinds under her belt but she is young and lovely. Again, a single dad looking for a companion isn’t far fetched. Or a slightly older man who’s kids are grown and out of the house might be a good fit for her. 

I was going to wait and see about Tariq and Ricky but Tariq crossed some boundaries. Just because you’ve been talking to a woman online doesn’t mean she owes you anything a few hours after you’ve met! Yes, Hazel is very pretty, but one “you’re gorgeous” is enough- if you keep saying that she knows that’s all you’re concerned about.  

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Like 15

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Tarik, Hazel doesn't seem very 'in' to you.

Well, there's a no shit statement if I ever heard one.  Chunky?  yeah, but she's not exactly a prize either.  Sure, she's not ugly by any stretch, but not pretty enough to make me fly from Virginia to the Philippines by way of Bangkok and who knows where else either.  She needs to get over herself, even though she's only using Chunky to get a green card.  

• Like 17

9 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Jon is worried about Lucy's toothpaste???    He seems obsessed with teeth brushing.   This is a thing for him. 

I did notice he has rather nice teeth...

• Like 5

9 hours ago, PityFree said:

Interesting! I remember reading a very long time ago that if you wore a shirt that was close to your eyecolor, it made you seem more trustworthy and truthful.  I wonder if Paul is trying such a strategy.

I can only imagine Paul thinking "Blue is for boys. I must wear blue."  He seems that immature.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I thought she had a "rode hard and put away wet" look myself.

I unfortunately work with an "Angela stereotype" and my ex husband's current wife is one if you replace the hair with short brunette and add several tattoos. 

I couldn't sleep last night so I rewatched parts of the show. I think Melissa is a teenager. She tried to act so adult and it seemed off. Her voice is very young too.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

How much did TLC pay Melissa to convince her to appear? She's not even remotely interested in Ricky. He was an easy mark to get money.

i can't believe her when she said he's the first american she's known.  i feel like she does this sort of thing every week.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dobian said:

Melissa showing up almost three hours late for a date she had a lot of notice about because she had plans... I imagine these "plans" involve a certain clientele.

It's one thing to be modest or conservative, but Hazel displays no chemistry at all toward Tarik.  If she needs Tarik to show her she can trust him, she needs to show Tarik that she's interested in more than just a meal ticket to America.

Poor Michael, he starting to realize the nightmare he is in.

I knew the pregnancy test was another TLC fake-out.  

Darcy calling her daughters Jesse's step kids while they took pictures was just cringe-worthy.

Rikki said the he planned the visit and the date and just texted her a demand that Melissa be there. That isn't a date.

Tarik and Hazel will be fine like Alla and Matt.

Poor Michael.  He has no defenses against Angela and her rapey says  

• Like 7

5 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Priceless.  Toaster Strudel, you are a very funny writer.

Toaster Strudel...I look forward to your synopsis every week! 

• Like 8

Jon’s stress bugs me. I guess it sort explains to me why he hunted down an online long distance relationship as he just has so few coping skills. A baby crying from being tired and hungry stresses  you out so much you have to leave for tea? Lucy was pretty mild as far as babies go. IDK it just rubbed me all the wrong way. If Jon is that anxious he should seek help as he seems stressed too easily. Rachel went on an international flight and got stood up at the airport all with a baby and didn’t freak for even one second. 

• Like 20

43 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

I'm with you.   When she yelled at him and stormed out of the restaurant but then cried the love of my life I gagged.  She's too old for this crap so it's just pathetic.  If you're that unhappy you leave, you don't try to 'do better' and hope they 'love you again'.  All I see in her rants is that she's playing out some issues she grew up with, which in the end has nothing to do with a partner but everything to do with what's inside.

Something is obviously not right with Darcy and people who know her well, know this.  Apparently, it'll take a few more explosions for Jesse to get it.  The kind of thing that he doesn't want, is what she has to offer.  Man, this stuff is so preposterous. 

• Like 9

I can't believe how some of these people (Angela, Tariq) think their online love is ready to jump into bed the moment they meet.  Maybe they said things online that indicated that they would be ready?  It would be interesting to find out.  If I were Rachel, I'd be super happy that Jon's mother lives there.  I would not feel comfortable alone with him with my baby.

Sounds like a few of these people also found out that their loves used some heavy duty filters on their phones.  I don't get it.  If I were looking for a partner, I'd want him to see what I looked like from the beginning so I knew he was attracted to me.

Something is off about Melissa.  Guess we will have to wait and see.

• Like 7

Jon seems rather simple, and his mom watches over him because she feels she probably has to. Rachel is preternaturally calm, and I don't get her back story at all. She seems to find men, but none of them stick around. I'm not sure how they'll work out as a couple with his mum in England and Rachel's other daughter in the US, presumably with her father. My fantasy is to live in an English village, so the location interests me.

Darcy and Jesse are boring. I use their segments to load the dishwasher. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I love that Hazel has some standards and that she called him chubby.  LOL   Interesting that he feels entitled to have a 25 year old wife as arm candy and she feels equally as entitled to have an american man with a house and job take care of her and her son.   Love isn't dead....it's just setting everyone's expectations right?!

and I found myself feeling okay with that last night.  Hazel was quite honest about her motivation, a lot like Anfisa.  And if they each are satisfied with the arrangement, more power to them.  I actually admired her last night.  In fact, (I'm sure I'll eat my words at the season progresses) the 2 most interesting characters last night were Hazel and Michael IMO.  Of course, I find watching Herr Jesse always fascinating...he is a master gaslighter.  

• Like 18

I don't understand how Rachel can not tend to her baby crying and let some man she DOES NOT KNOW tend to her baby.

I was furious. She is going to be one of those moms who puts dick before her kids.

If Karineeee wasn't pregnant,  why does she look so bad? She looks preggers to me. Acne, weight gain, large breasts...

Hazel is a cold one, no? And Tarik is ridiculous.  If Hazel does move to the US. I have an uneasy feeling about her and patience with Tarik's daughter.

Is Melissa a teenager with her bolt on titties? Something is off with her. And Ricky is dumb as hell. Sitting around for 20 hours...desperation at its finest.

Why do I have a fondness for silly ass Darcy? 

An Angela? Oh my! She mauled Michael.

cee1ff2e22aab806105df97d9e15d507.jpg

• Like 13

Ugh.. why was Rachel insisting on Jon feeding Lucy?  The poor baby was exhausted and confused.   She looked scared of Jon.  I get she wants them to bond, but it can't happen in one night.    

Nice pit stains Angela.  Deodorant and a fresh shirt would be appreciated.   

Darcey is pathetic.  She needs to put all her money into therapy and ditch that loser.  

Melissa seems to be like WTF are you here Ricky.

Tarik, Hazel isn't into you.  Wait until his brother shows up.

Paul and Karine, I just can't...

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I would think that on some level, all the Americans looking for spouses in poorer countries have some idea that part of the interest in them is a ticket out of whatever circumstance their so-called 'soulmate' find themselves in. The better life in the US - no matter what the package is like. Can't be much worse than what it is there. But, yes it can. The prospective mate may not be all what he or she seems to be and they find out once they get to the US. Being nice, bringing gifts is all good, but it is the ticket out that matters. Even if it comes at a price.

i.e. David and Annie.

• Like 4

24 hours before, Hazel was animated and excited to meet Michael....THEN he stayed in Bangkok overnight and That Was The End.  She was dismayed and distrustful from that moment on.  Very unfortunate turn of events because if there had not been the airline snafu in that particular city, she would probably have been excited when he finally arrived.  She is probably used to smaller, slim men and Michael may have seemed a bit overwhelming to her.  His going on and on about her beauty was not cool.  He seems a bit on the spectrum to keep focusing on that and making those crazy faces (which were hilarious!) but off-putting to her - she even hid her face in a cloth in embarrassment.  He seriously needed some chill at that moment and did not have any.  I like her and loved that she put the barrier up.  I like her honesty and willingness to take the leap to get into a better situation.  I don't get the Terrible, Scary Stepmom vibe from her, she seems shy, he was a bit much, and meeting the Virtual Love has to take some shifts from computer to reality.....which brings me to Angela....

Wow is Angela clueless.  Her grabbiness was just so embarrassing.  She said she'd be "able to tell" if he was scamming her....HOW?  She was all over him and did not let him up for air.  Micheal, you get what you deserve with that one.  Making sure I am stocked up with popcorn for next week....although, to be honest, if I never see Angela on the screen again, i would be fine with it.

Ricky....oh Ricky.  You need to go home and cut your losses.  Take care of your sweet girl and find a divorced Mom who is in your league.....and Be Grateful!

Rachel needed some sleep!  She needed some time alone with Jon and not in his Mom's house.  Going over there with little money is just such a Bad Idea.  This forcing a stranger to be Daddy is so NEEDY and SAD, I just can't.  Why is she so concerned he be a Daddy That Same Day?  Her expectations are crazy and she needs to take a Giant Step Back.

All of them, with the exception of Ricky, need to GET TO A HOTEL RIGHT AFTER LANDING....TAKE A LONG HOT SHOWER, SLEEP For 8 HOURS, and EAT and THEN meet up with the Love Of Their Internet Lives.  Sheesh!  Who can make decisions and the Best Impression all tired out from travel?  As a viewer, I want to see more rational meetings, not these hot messes where everyone is over tired.

Edited by Eme
  • Like 23

2 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I found Angela constantly grabbing for Michael's private parts nauseating. How he made it through that night, I'll never know.  She doesn't belong there; doesn't belong in this situation. She needs to find a nice 50-something year old man in Georgia, to go out to eat and to tractor pulls with.

She's a disgusting crotch lizard anyway.  I imagine she's very well known in her hometown, especially at the local watering holes any time she needed to snag some willing partner for a "tuneup".  Michael wants out of Nigeria pretty badly, that's obvious.  Big Ang is being played but is too dumb to admit it to herself.   Her waking up after a night of rasslin' with Micheal is a very bad image that's seared into my brain and I can't shake it.  I can just envision all the loud mooing that went on during the night.  Poor guests next door....

1 hour ago, snarkish said:
10 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Jon is worried about Lucy's toothpaste???    He seems obsessed with teeth brushing.   This is a thing for him. 

I did notice he has rather nice teeth...

Where did she get the money for the braces?  Still on her parent's dental plan is a sure sign she is off limits age wise.  She might look hard as hell (cadaver like with all that funeral parlor makeup) but I suspect she's not that old.

Edited by CafeAuLait · Reason: content
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, CafeAuLait said:

Well, there's a no shit statement if I ever heard one.  Chunky?  yeah, but she's not exactly a prize either.  Sure, she's not ugly by any stretch, but not pretty enough to make me fly from Virginia to the Philippines by way of Bangkok and who knows where else either.    

She looks like a child. That's why he likes her. Sorry, but we all know what these Asian fetish guys are about.

5 hours ago, millennium said:

Melissa.  The gif that keeps on giving.   I agree something about her seems curious.   Is she bi-racial?  Colombian and Asian?  Has she had too much plastic surgery?  And braces?  

My guess is just a lot of plastic surgery. It's cheaper to get work done in Colombia and Venezuela, and more common. It's just a shame to see someone that young who thinks they are not naturally pretty enough. She looks like a girl who would be beautiful without all the fake stuff (similar to how I feel about Darcy).

7 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

The first is that TLC is irresponsible for repeatedly hinting that people are getting catfished by Spanish fashion models, breast implanted Columbian hotties or mysteriously evasive Filippinas, and yet the dreamboat love interests always show up. I don't think it's realistic.

Does anyone remember the first or second season of this show, when they had a guy who was actually being catfished by the Russian woman? They didn't even air it, they made him an online-only segment. Every since Dani and Mo this show has decided that trainwrecks are its bread and butter. I miss the days of seeing a couple that was actually in love--like Danny and Amy--and the drama came form the cultural adjustments they had to make and confronting other people's prejudices. I get queasy about these situations where kids are involved or where the women look barely legal or where the guys are clearly exhibiting abusive behavior.

IMO, Paul seems like way more of a controlling psycho than Jon. Making this girl take pregnancy tests over and over because your ex cheated on you? That sounds like you not being over your ex. Plus the BS about him stalking her online behavior. This is exactly the type of guy who is going to bring her to the U.S. and then put tracking apps on her phone or give her an allowance so she can't socialize without him or some crap like that. He is the profile of an emotional abuser.

I hope TLC at least broadcasts this overseas as a warning to the rest of the world that dating Americans online may be hazardous to your mental health.

• Like 23

44 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I can't believe how some of these people (Angela, Tariq) think their online love is ready to jump into bed the moment they meet. 

Yes!  I was struck by this last night myself.  It is actually getting into bed with a stranger.  So very very awkward.  And even though Rachel and Jon have been "dating" for 18 months online, it is not the same as in real life.  I would still personally find that too uncomfortable and insist on separate rooms.  Well, to be fair, I would be in a hotel...my own space.  

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Mainer said:

On another note I thought it was pretty weird that Melissa wore the same shirt she sent all her selfies in... like is that your only shirt? Pick a different one... he already saw that one...

I figured it was to convince Ricky that she was the girl who has sent him pictures, even though he doesn't remember seeing braces on her, something fishy is going on there.....I can't tell if she's younger than she says she is or much older....it's just so.....odd......

• Like 5

1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

Rikki said the he planned the visit and the date and just texted her a demand that Melissa be there. That isn't a date.

He was forcing the issue but she knew he was coming well in advance and agreed to go out with him.  Doesn't matter what you call it.  She's the one taking his money and having all those long deep text conversations with him.  Just saying she didn't show because just looking at her and the pics she posts I think she has a lot of "dates" and she couldn't fit Ricky into her schedule until late that evening.

• Like 4

I found Jon losing his train of thought halfway through a slow sentence and then just staring off into space with an open mouthed look of child-like wonder fascinating.

Also the bolting from the bed and yelling I have to go check on her leg was the best laugh of the night. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo
  • Like 23

Jon said Rachel looked different from the pictures. LOL.

It's really awkward knowing that Jesse is closer in age to Darcey's tween daughters than he is to hers.

Edited by kewpiedolls
  • Like 4

Darcy and Jesse look like a bargain basement Jennifer Lopez and Kurt Cobain. REALLY bargain basement.

I don’t think Hazel is cold. She mentioned her son is 6 years old.  I got the feeling she has been struggling for a long time and this is her last resort. Some of these people seem to be OK with marrying a stranger they don’t like as their path to a new life.  I don’t think this is the case with Hazel.  If it were just her I think she would choose to work 10 hour days for very little money over marrying Tarek.  The fact that she is doing all she can and still can’t take of her kid is the reason she is doing this now.  Girl is out of options.

• Like 17

Rachel's got the dead eyes.  She's into Tarik exactly as much as Jenny is into Larry.  And do Larry and Tarik have the same travel agent? Tarik said he had five connections (that would be six flights), maybe he meant five flights. That's still too many. And Bangkok is a pretty far overshoot that you then have to double back to Manila from.

There would have been a bunch of reasonable itineraries from even a Podunk airport to Regional Airport to LAX to Tokyo/Hong Kong/Taipei to Manila. That's four flights, assuming you can't fly from your home airport direct to LAX or San Francisco. Saving $50 - $100 on a flight by choosing a circuitous routing with 3 + airlines is just really stupid and leads to lost luggage, f'cked up connections, etc. They gotta stop doing this.

Tarik doing the whole "What's going on? The condo I booked only has one bed? I had no idea" thing was a classless move.

I don't know why in the world Jon and Rachel would have sex on the first night after she flew 12 hours and drove for three hours and then spent another four hours having tea with Jon's mom and watching him reach into the empty crib over and over agin for no apparent reason. Let the woman sleep.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Mainer said:

I was thinking the same thing... and I actually think she was too, she has a weird look on her face when he was doing that. I was actually worried for the baby when she let him deal with the crying... I was thinking what if he snaps?? That’s your baby I wouldn’t trust a stranger with my baby!! No way!

This and the above.  I wouldn’t trust him to calm the baby if he thinks squeezing them is how you can make them burp.

I feel for Rachel’s situation but also for Tarik.  He wants his Asian Angelina Jolie to be in love with him and Rachel is all transaction and no warmth.  She may marry him, but she won’t ever be in love with him.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Like 6

I'm thinking Melissa younger than she's claiming and cakes on the make-up to look more mature. It's like when girls used to cake on make-up by the pound to look older and get into clubs. This new generation of teenagers come out of middle school smelling like Chanel No. 5 instead of having milk on their breaths and being wet behind the ears. I remember looking at prom pics when The Shade Room was posting them, and I was like these girls are 17 and 18? They look more mature than me with the contoured faces and cleavage baring dresses. She may be out of high school but probably barely. If she were to remove the make-up, she would look about the same age as Darcy's oldest daughter who is what 17? Yeah, I'm not banking on Melissa being whatever age she claims. I'm wondering if she had to sneak away from parents on a school night. (In all the pictures they showed of her, her mouth was closed, so he wouldn't have known about the braces.) Ricky, you didn't charm her. She couldn't wait to get away. You're saying I love you, and she's calling you a coward for being afraid of flying. Oh yeah. Charmed.

Angela seems like a nice person. I don't think she's ugly. I don't care for the fried blonde locks on anyone, though. She could stand to calm it down to a 5 and stop mauling at ol dude. Like I didn't understand why she kept falling on top of him. That made me uncomfortable. And I could've done without her doing her best mumma bird impresson and spitting the food in his mouth like a baby bird in next week's preview.

Rachel...is a dolt. Dingbat, you're in a foreign country, and your baby is probably jet lagged and in an unfamiliar place. So you decide to have her sleep on another level/in another room so you can get your rocks off. She probably wouldn't have been crying if she could've seen Rachel. And then Jon going to check on her. She doesn't know him, bird brain! 

I'm rooting for Hazel. I said it in the live thread chat, but I think they'll be fine. Probably like Matt and Alla where they have an understanding that it wasn't a love based marriage but one to better life for Max and Alla and Matt gets another wife. I can't imagine being separated from my child(ren) because I didn't have the financial means to support them. She's honest about wanting a better life. She very well might grow to love or be fond of Tarik. As long as their expectations are realistic and respect is mutual, do you and do it well.

I'm banking on Karine actually being pregnant. When she was sitting on the bed, there appeared to be a slight baby bump. Otherwise, the pregnancy-esque acne, larger breasts, and weight gain in her face/neck make little sense. She looks pregnancy pukey to me, too. And I don't understand why her father was so understanding. Her poor mum looked quite sad. I'm sorry that Pole is what she has to hitch her wagon to have a better life. You mean to tell me Pole is the best she could do? Do these two plan to communicate through translator apps forever? I guess you can exchange vows that way?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Mainer said:
9 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

It was also a little worrisome how Jon kept talking about how much stress this was...and the baby crying was stressing him...and his mom had to make him tea to calm him down. I’m wondering if he has other issues going on which keeps him home with Mom. Like mental health issues? 

The way I took it was he was saying he was hoping she could keep the baby in the state she currently was, not that he thought Lucy was crying then and Rachel should quiet her.  He was trying to arrange the crib - something he did not know how to do - and was hoping to do it without the added stress of a crying baby.  If you have never had children voicing your hope that they don't scream is not unreasonable.  He made the choice to go check on her, he was not asked.  It seemed like he was stressed by the fact that he was trying to do something he had never done before and felt inadequate - not by the baby.

• Like 5