Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S02.E03: Blindsided

4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Paul has a tee shirt, polo shirt and button down shirt all in the same exact shade of blue. I bet Mom bought them to “bring out” his blue eyes 

Interesting! I remember reading a very long time ago that if you wore a shirt that was close to your eyecolor, it made you seem more trustworthy and truthful.  I wonder if Paul is trying such a strategy.

• Like 3

Darcey's daughters are very pretty.   The older one looks like she is 17 though.   This instagram generation is very old looking with all their makeup and social media stress.   What am I saying???  I forgot who mom was.......

Darcey's voice goes from a nasally whine to pig squealing....not a fan.   And I don't believe for a second that these 2 are a thing and aren't just 2 famewhores on TV so they can really close up shop on this storyline.   I get that the age difference may have been a storyline on a different season but we have enough of those now so let's just move along!   They have zero believable chemistry.

Just now, AussieBabe said:

Angela just makes me cringe soooo hard. Is she always on volume 52? That loud, smoker's laugh and gregarious way may be charmin' in her hometown of wherever, but most people don't want to be around people who don't have inside voices at least some of the time. And he is not into her.

......well......as it stands.....

(insert your favorite shrug emoji right here)(and maybe the one with one hand covering your eyes right here)

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Melissa looks like she is 15 years old tops...she even mentioned she had to do homework.

Sheesh she looked OLD to me!!  Like hard old.   Her hair, face and body just looked overworked to the max.

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Darcey's daughters are very pretty.   The older one looks like she is 17 though.   This instagram generation is very old looking with all their makeup and social media stress.   What am I saying???  I forgot who mom was.......

Darcey's voice goes from a nasally whine to pig squealing....not a fan.   And I don't believe for a second that these 2 are a thing and aren't just 2 famewhores on TV so they can really close up shop on this storyline.   I get that the age difference may have been a storyline on a different season but we have enough of those now so let's just move along!   They have zero believable chemistry.

......well......as it stands.....

(insert your favorite shrug emoji right here)(and maybe the one with one hand covering your eyes right here)

Is there a hurling emoji or emoticon? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Sheesh she looked OLD to me!!  Like hard old.   Her hair, face and body just looked overworked to the max.

I thought she had a "rode hard and put away wet" look myself.

• Like 14

Rachel, at some point, Lucy's biological father may want to come back in to her life. Did you get a signed waiver of parental rights for her? I don't know if you and Jon will work out. You may go through a series of 'baby daddies'. Find a form of birth control so you don't get #3 in the near future. You don't know Jon very well and spending 2 weeks in England is not enough time to really find out - both of you would be on your best behavior. Both you and Jon need to deal with your stuff before you can get together in a healthy way. Jon has little to no experience with kids and it's asking a lot to have him such a role in your daughter's life.

Something is very 'off' with Melissa. I don't know if she is underage or has had extensive surgery, or what. Standing a guy up for two hours is rude. And then just showing up. Er, red flags. Not really saying much except school and homework. Ricky you were a fool for waiting over 2 hours for her to show up. I understand the photos to a point. I don't do selfies and my relatives have most of any photos that include me. Without them having much Internet access, they can't email me a copy. Ricky, go back home or maybe do some tourist stuff. Perhaps you will meet another woman . Stop sending 'Melissa' money.

Tarik, Hazel doesn't seem very 'in' to you. You should respect her and you should have confirmed that the condo you rented had two beds or a bed and a pull-out couch Hazel, Tarik is an average American male - maybe chubby by your standards, but he's pretty normal-sized. Maybe she would prefer a Caucasian American man instead of a black one? And you do need to mention that you have a child. Not keep it as a 'surprise' for him.

Angela, the folks in Lagos were looking at you because you had a camera crew, you are white, and well-fed. Gregarious may work in some places, but you do need to use the inside voice a bit more. Your boyfriend or whatever Michael is should not have to tell you to take off some of the makeup and look a bit more natural. Wonder if Michael willingly spent the night? Maybe Angela also had a shower so she didn't er, smell.

Karine, is there no one else you can attract online except Paul? The translator hopefully translated the documents accurately. Karine's father should have been asking more hard-hitting questions. I would be very wary about Paul. Change is hard. Karine could be stepping in to a very dangerous situation with him and with the language barrier, has few resources. Forcing her to take a pregnancy test was creepy. Will he do the same if he brings her to the US and a dude looks at her? Ugh. Both of you need to take language classes and learn to communicate without an App.

Darcey, you have no business trying to get Jesse to be a stepfather for your daughters. He does not want to be a father at this time. Maybe start off as friends. The daughters are old enough to not listen to him. He has to earn their respect first and not fill an insta-role. Unless this is some sort of wrap-up for them, there is very little future for the relationship unless it will be mentally and emotionally abusive. On both ends.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Same here. Maybe she isn't old age wise but she has been around.

• Like 2

Melissa was obviously getting a makeover at a funeral parlor. That’s why she was so late. That foundation was like 4 shades lighter than her neck.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, DVDFreaker said:

I am laughing at Michael saying make yourself look younger, that is just mean

That was so funny.  Looks like next week he calls her fat.

• Like 5

I thought Jon left the room to throw up some more like he did on the way to meet her.  Any odds on her being pregnant before leaving England?

8 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

Is it me or is Jon scared to have sex so he said be right back to check on Lucy?

And where is Mama Chantal when you need her?  Things just got a whole lot more stupider.  The whole lot of them are just cringe-worthy.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Real Housewife LI said:

Melissa looks like she is 15 years old tops...she even mentioned she had to do homework

Melissa and Darcey’s daughters all look the same age to me 

44 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The translator hopefully translated the documents accurately

The scene with the translator reminded me of the question segment of the Miss Universe Pageant when the contestant doesn’t speak English 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Real4real said:

And where is Mama Chantal when you need her?  Things just got a whole lot more stupider.

Tarik coined a new word tonight, too, when he said “It can’t get any realer than this.” 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Jon is worried about Lucy's toothpaste???    He seems obsessed with teeth brushing.   This is a thing for him. 

At eight mos, Lucy may have a tooth or two. Or maybe not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Melissa and Darcey’s daughters all look the same age to me 

The scene with the translator reminded me of the question segment of the Miss Universe Pageant when the contestant doesn’t speak English 

If Pole didn't spend all that money on the stuffies, he could have arranged for a notarized written translation for Karine's parents.

Tarik, you speak too soon. Things can get a lot more realer.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

Is it me or is Jon scared to have sex so he said be right back to check on Lucy?

Maybe he’s not into her. I’m not trying to be superficial but she meets the love of her life for the first time with a crying baby and not a lick of makeup and messy hair. Maybe she should have left Lucy with grandpa and met him for one on one time. She’s pissing me off presenting the frumpy unkempt side. That’s the best she can do? 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Ricky looked a bit perturbed when Melissa called him a coward for being afraid to fly.  She is so not interested in him.  Ricky is a chumpity chump and I doubt he sees any action with her.  She seemed pretty vacant to me. 

And looks underage! I guess TLC checks this out? It’s gross how he thinks he’s in love with some stranger he’s only texted with. And actually sends her money. There really is one born every minute. 

• Like 4

I too really like Angela. She’s been my favorite from S1 Ep1 of this season.

Though it still makes me giggle every time Jesse talks about not being a “fodder” to Darcy’s kids, he reminds me more and more of Patrick Bateman in “American Psycho” with every cold-eyed look over Darcy’s shoulder when they embrace. Yikes.

Oh, Ricky. Bless his heart. And his Spanish is actually quite good. 

Karine doesn’t seem afraid to stand up to Pole. Hopefully that will save her.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

Maybe he’s not into her. I’m not trying to be superficial but she meets the love of her life for the first time with a crying baby and not a lick of makeup and messy hair. Maybe she should have left Lucy with grandpa and met him for one on one time. She’s pissing me off presenting the frumpy unkempt side. That’s the best she can do? 

That plain white T-shirt! Girl why? Angela had on a better nighty. 

• Like 19

Have they ever said how old Melissa is supposed to be? I’m beginning to think that’s the “catch” of this online relationship and that she’s underage. First showing up with braces on her teeth then saying she had “homework” makes me really suspicious 

• Like 5

I have the most overwhelming urge to grab some scissors and chop off the 4 inches of frayed, split ends on Angela's hair.

Tonight the stars of the show for me were Michael, Hazel, and Melissa's faces. They said it all, from complete lack of interest, to revulsion.

Editing to add, I wonder how Tariq felt watching this and seeing that Hazel only views him as a ticket out.

Edited by RedBagWithMakeup
  • Like 12

11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Have they ever said how old Melissa is supposed to be? I’m beginning to think that’s the “catch” of this online relationship and that she’s underage. First showing up with braces on her teeth then saying she had “homework” makes me really suspicious 

He said she a nurse, if I remember correctly. But she needed him to send her money every week.

• Like 1

I would think that on some level, all the Americans looking for spouses in poorer countries have some idea that part of the interest in them is a ticket out of whatever circumstance their so-called 'soulmate' find themselves in. The better life in the US - no matter what the package is like. Can't be much worse than what it is there. But, yes it can. The prospective mate may not be all what he or she seems to be and they find out once they get to the US. Being nice, bringing gifts is all good, but it is the ticket out that matters. Even if it comes at a price.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

He said she a nurse, if I remember correctly. But she needed him to send her money every week.

You're right, Ricky did say Melissa is a nurse. I was getting her mixed up with Hazel. Maybe she's a nursing student (just like Chantel!)

Melissa showing up almost three hours late for a date she had a lot of notice about because she had plans... I imagine these "plans" involve a certain clientele.

It's one thing to be modest or conservative, but Hazel displays no chemistry at all toward Tarik.  If she needs Tarik to show her she can trust him, she needs to show Tarik that she's interested in more than just a meal ticket to America.

Poor Michael, he starting to realize the nightmare he is in.

I knew the pregnancy test was another TLC fake-out.  

Darcy calling her daughters Jesse's step kids while they took pictures was just cringe-worthy.

Edited by Dobian
  • Like 13