Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S02.E03: Blindsided

2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

agree - she had to go to the Netherlands cause she went through all the guys in CT.  I mean, saying outright:  "I am begging to be loved" kinda sums it up right there.

Totally. Complete and total doormat. That pushes any man away. which is exactly what she’s doing to him, sometimes you see him look at her like wow, like he had no idea what he was gettin into. Not saying I don’t think he’s an asshole because he definitely is. But no guy likes a desperate girl. Total turn off

Darcy needs to read “why men love bitches” the best book

Edited by Mainer
  • Like 3

On 8/31/2018 at 8:15 AM, Chalby said:

Well, if I were younger (I didn't have to deal with this social media/ online dating when I was 19/20) I would love to meet a fellow from Europe and have the chance to relocate! It sounds exciting and exotic, so I understand the whole appeal of someone from another country. That's one thing I don't understand. Why do these American guys always want women from the poorer countries? Why not some beautiful Spanish or French gal? 

There is no way  most of the men on this show (and many of the men in general who seek foreign brides) could attract a beautiful French or Spanish woman. If they could they could, probably attract a beautiful *American* woman and wouldn’t be looking for foreign partners. The men we’ve seen on the show are awkward, poor, have tons of baggage, are unattractive, etc.  They are trying to attract a Miss Universe contestant level bride with the promise of an improved quality of life since the men have nothing else to offer. 

• Like 10

On 8/31/2018 at 10:49 AM, AZChristian said:

Because women from poorer countries are desperate.  I can't imagine a beautiful Spanish or French gal wanting to hook up with a "grown man" who wears a backward Elmer Fudd hat and a King Tut tank top . . . especially a man who is so desperate for female companionship that he'll fly to the Philippines to meet someone he's only known online for a couple of weeks.

ETA:  We actually did have a French girl last season of BT90D:  Miriam.  Patrick had decided that he was going to take their online friendship to the next level, and flew to Paris to spend time with her.  She already had a boyfriend, although she didn't tell him that until he got to Paris.  I think Patrick was . . . and maybe still is . . . in the "friend" zone.  She didn't need him like the women we see on this show from poorer countries need their American rescuer.  

PLUS:  We had Courtney and Antonio.  She of the big gums and princess dreams.  She went to Spain (?) by her own choice to meet Antonio and start telling him how to behave with a girlfriend (which she was not).  He seemed confused and unimpressed by her.  He didn't NEED her.

There was also that stuck up 18 year old sounds-like-an-injured-moose singing gal in the uber religious fam up in New England that smugly told her Spanish boyfriend that there was so such thing as a European dream. Fun fact: He came right back at her. He definitely did not need her either. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Fun fact: He came right back at her. He definitely did not need her either. 

Fun fact: I almost forgot about them and this callback was The Best. 

• Like 8

On 8/25/2018 at 6:18 PM, Lillith said:

Actually you can put botox in certain areas of your lower face, to help with marionette lines for instance. But my guess is with the lips it's just too much badly injected filler. She's so pretty, or she'd be pretty if she didn't overdo all of that stuff and try to act 22. 

My apologies.  Of course Botox can be used to retard the drooping lines. I was thinking more specifically of the filling out of the marionette lines. I’ve had both, they work really well.  

On 8/31/2018 at 12:30 PM, Chalby said:

I have to ask this... are you a woman? The only time I have read such crude, body-shaming observations like this are usually from a man. A man who only sees T & A, rather than the young woman who represents more than breasts and makeup.

Yeah, I'm a woman. What does that matter? She has a bad boob job and too much makeup. Those, unlike things outside a person's control, she has done deliberately to herself. It's far different from not being ashamed of having a birth defect. I stand by my prior comment.

• Like 2

Haven't read anything about the following, but I may have missed it....when I heard Angela "talking" to Michael and ordering him to Take It Easy on HER.....after he asked her to quit snapping at him.....all I could do was to imagine Angela as a Man talking to a Woman like that.  She is so over the line.  Rude and horrid.  She seems to think that he may not be Man Enough to "handle" her.....you can see it in his eyes that he is holding back big time, and that she probably really does NOT want to see him "acting like a Man".   He would most definitely put a STOP to her rudeness to him. She would not like that.  She keeps telling us that she is rethinking her relationship with Micheal -- Micheal, on the other hand, is Closing His Eyes and ONLY Thinking of 'Merica.  In every interview he mentions Angela AND America. They go hand in hand for him, and he's not going to let her off the hook until he's safely back in the US of A.  I have my popcorn out watching with bated breath on this hot mess.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2018 at 9:50 PM, Sofiyya said:

What is up with all these women wanting the new man to be their kids' father figure?  It's hard to believe that this isn't some producer's idea, like everyone becoming a hot model used to be.

What's with all the desperation of wanting a man, period? I mean, they're not all that. Seriously. These women are so desperate we can smell it. Get an education, friends, a career, hobbies. Men will always be sniffing around. Really no need to chase.

• Like 8

So I just started this season and I'm very far behind...

I like Hazel. I can see her being the kind of woman who, while not feeling romantic love for her partner, will still be a good wife. I've seen marriages like that work. They don't feel that "spark" between them like the movies talk about, but they have mutual respect for each other, they support one another, they make good partners, and even manage to have a good sex life. I can't judge women like Hazel too harshly because I've never been in that situation. Here in the US, even if you're born into poverty you can still theoretically work hard in school, earn scholarships for a trade school or college, and improve your life. It's not like that everywhere. In many countries, women's physical qualities, as well as their temperaments, are their meal tickets for getting out. 

Jesse scars me, no shit. Not a fan of Pole, either.

Oh, and I don't know what Jon's problem is with Rachel's looks. I think she's as cute as a button. I'd date her. (If I weren't married and straight.)

Edited by mamadrama