Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

A paradise would mean different things to different people.  Aruba would be great for a while but there would have to be other things other than pleasant surroundings to keep them happy.  

If you load me up with 5 naughty golden retriever puppies while I wait for my husband I doubt I'd have time to go crazy. I'll be at my wits end with the puppies but I won't go crazy😂

• LOL 3
(edited)

We now have exact quotes...

Stephen Amell Panel - MCM London Comic Con - 25/05/2019 [AUDIO ONLY]
Published on May 26, 2019, by epoc252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA2yUHHo2CY

-- On what he can say about the COIE crossover, SA: "It's five episodes... I will tell you - yes, I can tell you stuff - Uh, Crisis On Infinite Earths begins before the crossover... It begins before the crossover. But that makes sense, right? Think about it for a second. Crisis On Infinite Earths basically began at the end of Season 7 of Arrow. And it's not going to stop until it's over."

Arrowverse Panel From Sunday At MCM London Comic Con - May 2019
Published on May 26, 2019, by Geektown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhq0ZxQcZDg

-- Mod: "So the door - I read that the door's open if it's in the right way, would you come back?" EBR: "It's not completely up to me, but never say never."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

So much for Arrow being a gritty, grounded, crime-fighting show...

Arrow star admits that "no one really wants" to make final season without Emily Bett Rickards
BY STEPHANIE CHASE AND TANAVI PATEL  28/05/2019
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27610371/arrow-david-ramsey-final-season-without-felicity-emily-bett-rickards/

Arrow star David Ramsey has admitted that the show's cast members are really feeling the absence of Emily Bett Rickards after the actress said goodbye to the show at the end of the seventh season.

Rickards played Felicity Smoak in the CW series from season one right up until the season seven finale, and now Ramsey, who plays John Diggle, has shared that "no one really wants" to make the show without Rickards.

"We go back and Emily's not a part of it," Ramsey told Digital Spy. "That's a big thing. Y'know, no one really wants to do that show.

"[But] Stephen [Amell] and I both had conversations with the producers, telling us exactly what they want to do with the next season and it really is... it's exciting."
He continued: "I don't know how they're gonna do it, but whatever you think *could* happen, it's probably something else."

When asked if Arrow would now feel like a different show, the actor answered: "To some degree."
"For the past seven seasons we've been doing 22-23 episodes, so that's another muscle, just in terms of the pacing of one episode, because now you have just 10 [episodes] to tell this story that was normally told in twice as many episodes," he explained.
Ramsey also spoke about how the upcoming 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' crossover will impact the final season, adding: "Multiple Earths... all of that if stuff they're going to be playing with, I think.

"'Crisis' does have a lot to do with multiple Earths, so..."

And as to whether Diggle will get a happy ending or whether he'll go out in a blaze of glory, Ramsey isn't giving too much away on that front.

"I know some of the answer to that, based on what I know about what happens ultimately to John Diggle, so I would say that it's both," he teased.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow's Diggle actor talks Green Lantern speculation: "I would love to jump into that mythos"
In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape his sight.
BY JUSTIN HARP AND TANAVI PATEL  29/05/2019
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27616864/arrow-diggle-actor-talks-green-lantern-speculation/

Arrow star David Ramsey is more than ready to suit up as a member of the Green Lantern Corps.
In last year's crossover event, Earth-90's Flash (John Wesley Shipp) mistook Diggle for his world's Green Lantern, and then Arrow revealed Diggle's stepfather is named General Stewart — meaning his stepfather has the same surname as DC's one-time Green Lantern ring bearer John Stewart.

Ramsey spoke about these hints at MCM London Comic Con over the weekend, revealing that he's starting to believe they are more than fun Easter eggs for DC comics super-fans.

"They continue to tease this thing... I don't know what's gonna happen with that," he admitted. "It's fun to tease it and I would love to jump into that mythos of John Stewart and Green Lantern, that whole universe."

"If John Diggle does take on the moniker of Green Lantern, does he also take on the moniker of becoming a Stewart, and if he does, what happens to that relationship between him and his father that led him to do that? There's a lot of story left for John Diggle."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I thought blaze of glory *and* happy ending would = John Stewart, but if he's actually around in 2040 maybe not. We've got father and sons drama as well. Unless Oliver really is teaming up with an alt!EJOHN. 

Telling in 10 what would normally happen in 23 could be done by a lot of TV shows and eliminate a lot of filler but I hope it's not nonsensical and leaves us going "wuh" and "they should have just left it with 7x22 and then the crossover."

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
(edited)

EXCLUSIVE: Willa Holland discusses her involvement in The O.C. reboot
by Shahbaz Malik   May 31, 2019
https://www.who.com.au/willa-holland-the-oc-reunion?category=entertainment

The former Arrow star also went on to address if she will be appearing in the show's upcoming final season after departing the superhero series in 2018.

She dished “I mean I don’t know but the door is always open. They left the door open which is very nice.”

“There is always a possibility but I have no answer on that at the moment.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if KC is the cast member who'll be directing an episode next season (in addition to DR)? She posted this on twitter the other day - does it look like she's studying how to block out a script? ...

Edited by tv echo

It looks more like interior design to me, but Idk. I guess they'll announce it by SDCC, although I'm not really sure who the options even are. Is there any evidence of any of them going to the WB directing program? 

(edited)

We don't know who's taking The WB's Television Directors Workshop right now...
https://televisionworkshop.warnerbros.com/directors-workshop/program-details/

This eight-week course is taught by Bethany Rooney, an esteemed director who has directed over 250 episodes of network television. ... The 2019 Warner Bros. Television Directors’ Workshop will begin in late-May/early-June, with meetings every Saturday from 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, CA. Full participation is mandatory.
This subset of the workshop will cover cameras, lighting and blocking. Learn how lens selection, framing the shot and lighting help tell the story you want to tell.
Some directors in the program will be offered the chance to shadow a director on an episode of a Warner Bros.-produced show. ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 3
38 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I wonder if KC is the cast member who'll be directing an episode next season (in addition to DR)? She posted this on twitter the other day - does it look like she's studying how to block out a script? ...

It does look like that's a script in the binder and on one of the four (!!!) devices she's got open. 

This candid, totally natural, not posed at all pic of her in the middle of working very hard is probably her way of announcing before she's allowed to officially announce.

• LOL 10
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

ETA: Kevin Alejandro is on that list, so maybe it's him

That was for his Lucifer episode, so maybe but yeah going with someone who goes to the workshop this year. Could be KC, but we'll see

(edited)

It could well be directing prep, she's certainly trying to hint at something with that. TBH I'm never really that interested in a cast member directing except to hope it goes well and that a lot of actors really seen to want it on their resume. Although only a few carry it on after the shows like Amanda Tapping from SG1 and Gregory Smith.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

A week or so ago Caity Lotz posted herself walking into Warner Bros' to start their directing program but I can't decide if she's likely to direct Arrow or not. LOT, yes, without question but not sure if they'd let her do Arrow.

31 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

A week or so ago Caity Lotz posted herself walking into Warner Bros' to start their directing program but I can't decide if she's likely to direct Arrow or not. LOT, yes, without question but not sure if they'd let her do Arrow.

She said she's going to direct LoT, and I doubt they'd let her do both

5 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

If it's KC directing, I would LOVE to be a fly in the wall during a scene where she has to direct SA. I don't care about the episode, but I would want all the BTS gossip!

Same if she had to direct David Ramsey.  

To be fair, maybe she'd be good at directing in general. She likes to create a big backstory and that kind of stuff might help some actors know their motivations.  But I'd worry she'd create the WRONG backstory lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Same if she had to direct David Ramsey.  

To be fair, maybe she'd be good at directing in general. She likes to create a big backstory and that kind of stuff might help some actors know their motivations.  But I'd worry she'd create the WRONG backstory lol

KC: Steve look pained and imagine that you're missing Laurel

SA: Why would I do that?

KC: Because Oliver is the love of her life and she's the love of his. I don't care what the shows says. That's my truth.

SA: Umm that's like not true at all and he's married to Felicity with kids

KC: Oh I haven't read those scripts so it totes didn't happen. Oliver's still in love with Laurel. Hold this photo to channel the angst.

SA: You do realise this is a Black Siren photo?

KC: Doesn't matter. Tomato, tomaaato. He's in love with Laurel I don't care which one.

SA: I need a moment

*runs off to call EBR*

SA: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease come back!!!!! I need to hold feet, it's been a rough day on set.

• LOL 14
(edited)

It'll be interesting to see who's part of the 2019 directing class.  Hope The WB posts that quickly after this year's workshop ends (in July? August?).

Edited by tv echo
32 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Note how AS uses the term #HiatusBlues in her post, like she's expecting to return next season...

All of the kids sound like they expect to return except for KM 😅, maybe for negotiations I guess. She deleted a tweet of that Screenrant article about spin-offs, but maybe it's because things are going forward with that.

It would be a bummer if, just as Felicity goes to join Oliver wherever that Mia gets killed off or just disappears due to negotiations going south. Hopefully she's back and her hesitancy is that she wasn't sure how much to say.

• Love 2

If they have any hopes of getting a Baby Team Arrow spin-off, they need KM. She and Ben Lewis are the glue that would hold it together.  AS is even worse than JH in the Black Canary role.

• Love 7
(edited)

If on going negotiations are a reason she was a bit cagey about S8 then it would likely be about a spin off. Either for it or whether to bother coming back to Arrow if it wasn't happening. Or she has other projects and isn't sure how many eps she's available for or they want her for. Or just that she doesn't want to say anything off season and we're reading into something that isn't there.

If they are still actively considering a spin off they definitely need her and William. I think young Zoe is a better actress than AS.  

Edited by Featherhat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I didn’t find future Zoe that interesting. But I don’t know if that’s because they saddled her with future Dinah AND future Rene or because I’m completely canaried out and don’t need version 4.0 of that character or want to see an entire network of canaries. 

In any case, I’ve managed to completely tune out whatever her plot was in the flash forwards. I know she was in them, but I can’t tell you what she did. 

• Love 1
(edited)

White Canary's influence and power isn't constrained by time or place. ;) The other ones, not so much.

Maybe Canary Network was supposed to show how there were multiple awesome asskickers but it made me think they were unenuthsed about any particular one and they were nothing special. Characters like "Blackstar" who get their own code names end up more important. I never actually saw a reason why Dinas should be attached to it beyond being DD, she was literally brought in as an insta replacement both  on screen and BTS. Zoe grew up with it being important I guess.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Featherhat said:

It would be a bummer if, just as Felicity goes to join Oliver wherever that Mia gets killed off or just disappears due to negotiations going south. Hopefully she's back and her hesitancy is that she wasn't sure how much to say.

They could put Mia on a bus if KM didn't resign but I feel confident they won't kill her, not unless she went out saving the world and they immediately showed she got the same deal as dad (not really dead, reunited with mom and dad)

• Love 1
18 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

They could put Mia on a bus if KM didn't resign but I feel confident they won't kill her, not unless she went out saving the world and they immediately showed she got the same deal as dad (not really dead, reunited with mom and dad)

Most likely. Pretty harsh to kill her off the season Oliver also "dies" even if she doesn't come back. Guess it wouldn't be the hiatus if we weren't discussing all the possible scenarios based on almost no info at all. She's only seemed a bit vague on it once hasn't she? Just frustrating because Queen siblings and Connor was/is one thing I am looking forward to in this mini Felicity less season. Also Dig obviously esp if BT is around (and Lyla) but not a big emphasis on his sons being brother vs brother which is coming in the longer FFs.

• Love 1
(edited)

Not surprising for him we just need to find out about the other two/three. If they are all upped I wonder why they weren't announced together? Could be he's leading the storyline in the FFs and the others aren't there or in many less eps or just announced first.

Edited by Featherhat
(edited)

Probably just finalizing number of episodes and pay before they make an announcement - it sure didn't sound like KM was done with Arrow when she did this interview in NZ on June 3...

Christchurch Armageddon 2019 - Katherine Mcnamara and Luke Baines Interview
Published on Jun 5, 2019, by Lika Pierce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D81wZt470JE

-- When asked about upcoming plans, KM: "I'm over on Arrow now, which has been a lot of fun to jump over there. And it's been a lot of responsibility jumping in and playing a role that's, uh - you know, I've been welcomed into the family, literally and figuratively, on that job. But it's been so wonderful to come off of a show like Shadowhunters, that I was there from day one, building it from the ground up, that is family, to then being welcomed into a new family so heartily."

ETA: Just a nitpick - Deadline spelled JDJ's name as Joseph-David Jones, while JDJ's own twitter/instagram accounts spell his name as Joseph David-Jones.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Probably just finalizing number of episodes and pay before they make an announcement - it sure didn't sound like KM was done with Arrow when she did this interview in NZ on June 3...

Christchurch Armageddon 2019 - Katherine Mcnamara and Luke Baines Interview
Published on Jun 5, 2019, by Lika Pierce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D81wZt470JE

-- When asked about upcoming plans, KM: "I'm over on Arrow now, which has been a lot of fun to jump over there. And it's been a lot of responsibility jumping in and playing a role that's, uh - you know, I've been welcomed into the family, literally and figuratively, on that job. But it's been so wonderful to come off of a show like Shadowhunters, that I was there from day one, building it from the ground up, that is family, to then being welcomed into a new family so heartily."

ETA: Just a nitpick - Deadline spelled JDJ's name as Joseph-David Jones, while JDJ's own twitter/instagram accounts spell his name as Joseph David-Jones.

No disrespect to JDJ as I like him and the Character of Adult Conner but I really think Mia and William would/Should  be leading the storyline in the FF still being Olicitys Children and Looking like Mia is gonna take over for her Pops. Though I could see Connor getting a bigger presence seeing how they already said we get Adult JJ for the Final 10. And hopefully Older Dig and Lyla 

• Love 1

I hope we'll see a lot of William and Mia and they'll have a strong storyline even if they aren't regulars (often happens in the Arrowverse) versus actual regulars. I imagine Dig will have a fairly substantial presence in the FFs given his 2 sons and being the only member of OTA aound, even if Dinah and Rene will probably come back into the story again. Assuming both actors ae available I assume they want Oliver's legacies to have a big part and possibly a relationship plot between Mia and either/both Connor/JJ depending on how wedded they seem to be to sibling triangles these days.

• Love 1
(edited)

I found video of what appears to be someone's audition for the role of adult JJ Diggle - the first audition scene is between JJ and a "Canary" who knew his father (probably Dinah, but could be E2 Laurel), and the second audition scene is between JJ and Connor...

ARROW SEASON8-Derrick Dubois-JOHN DIGGLE JR (1)
Posted on April 18, 2019, by Derrick Dubois

Audition Scene 1: 
Reader (off-screen): "John. Stop. This is over."
Derrick Dubois (pointing a gun): "'S'up, Canary? How you been?"
Reader: "Drop your weapon."
DD: "Try again." 
Reader: "I'm not buying this tough guy act."
DD: "You think this is some kind of joke? Don't think I won't hurt you just 'cause you knew my dad."
Reader: "Your dad didn't raise you to be a punk to use one of those things. You want to end me, you better do it with your bare hands."
DD: "Fair. (Puts down gun) I'm not going to hold back. You sure you want to do this?"
Reader: "We don't have to do this. All you got to do is give back what you stole from that man."
DD: "Why? It's worth more to me than that eight-figure bozo I stole it from. Why is he supposed to have all the fun?"
Reader: "Tell me what happened to you. What made you this way?"
DD: "Ask Dad. So, we gonna do this? Or you just want to Dr. Phil me all night?"
Reader: "John, I know there's good in you. Let me help you. I don't think you're capable of doing what you're saying."
DD: "Watch me."

Audition Scene 2: 
Reader (off-screen): "Hey! What's up, brother? How you doing?"
DD: "Good, man. Good. How you been?"
Reader: "Alright. I'm alright. Hey, you remember Dad used to bring us to this place? How much we loved to ride in that roller coaster over there?"
DD: "Yeah. We did."
Reader: "Hey, thanks for meeting me. It's been awhile. Where you been?"
DD: "Around, man. Around."
Reader: "Yeah, well, I've been worried about you. Especially Dad."
DD: "It's like what I said when I left. I'm not your problem any more."
Reader: "You were never a problem. But I've heard about the people you're running with now - the trouble you might be into."
DD: "Not your problem!"
Reader: "John, you're my brother."
DD: "Not by blood."
Reader: "Why you always got to do that? Why you always got to be the villain?"
DD: "Because you and Dad always got along better. My father always preferred you. I knew my place in our family, and it wasn't under that roof. So you still happy you reached out to me?"

Actor Intro:
DD: "Hi. My name is Derrick Dubois. I'm 5'11" and I'm from Dallas, Texas."

Title Card: 
Derrick Dubois
reading for JOHN DIGGLE JR.
Clutts Agency-EDWARD 214-761-1400

Edited by tv echo

That makes me marginally interested in the OTA babies although I hate the idea of the sibling fight and the idea that Diggle and Lyla are such bad parents that they caused JJ's resentment like that.  I'm guessing the first scene is with Zoe since Mia wouldn't know him and wouldn't be a Canary.

Ugh it's so goddamm lazy, stupid and unoriginal. God forbid we have JJ and Connor be loving brothers no JJ has to a little bitch. And I'm sorry I'd lose respect for Mia being caught between two brothers when ones a Evil little ass clown and I hate triangles, plus it would reek of VD where they turned me off of that show with its Woman caught between 2 bros as I grew to hate Elena and her falling for Assclown Damon who wouldve killed her brother if not for a special Ring he was wearing 

• Love 1

I'm guessing that Diggle paid special attention to young Connor when he first joined the family because Connor's father, Ben Turner (Bronze Tiger), had just died. At the time, JJ was still young and used to getting all the parents' attention, so he resented the newcomer. However, he should have grown out of that childish resentment as he grew older.

• Love 1

Eh, this is Arrow. Diaz was a villain because he was bullied when he was younger, they still haven't explained why William never tried to contact Oliver and Felicity and vice-versa which led to his resentment, other motivations, etc. There's at least some sort of motive, and it would be interesting with JJ since his villain path could go directly against all four of the FF kids in a more personal way (the Deathstroke gang vs. the Canaries for Zoe, brother vs. brother for Connor, the path that Mia/William could have gone in her resentment vs. the hero path their now on along with continuing the plot of their parent issues and trying to uphold their parents' legacies)

To be fair they have one healthy sibling relationship in Mia/Will so someone has to be sacrificed at the Arrow altar for angst and oh so tragic and dark purposes. It now happens to be the Diggle kids.

BS went into a life of crime over cake (and no one loves cake more than me so I should be sympathetic to her plight). It would not surprise me of JJ went full Deathstroke over some crayons or a packet or cookies.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

To be fair they have one healthy sibling relationship in Mia/Will so someone has to be sacrificed at the Arrow altar for angst and oh so tragic and dark purposes. It now happens to be the Diggle kids.

BS went into a life of crime over cake (and no one loves cake more than me so I should be sympathetic to her plight). It would not surprise me of JJ went full Deathstroke over some crayons or a packet or cookies.

It's an old story, brother vs brother and they can get some mileage out of it quickly like a dead father/son for many heroes and villains, especially having Dig involved with Felicity gone and Oliver elsewhere. Or god forbid the extra purpose of having Mia in a love triangle with both of them, assuming she is back for at least several eps. You know they love a sibling triangle. She and William might have more issues but they sorted out their sibling stuff last season so it's being changed around again for someone else.

It would be understandable if John and Lyla paid special attention to their orphaned foster son and JJ felt a bit ignored for a whilebut that's no excuse for becoming a terrorist like you said as has happened on the show before. Nor do I think they would ever do so long-term. But characters have to make stupid decisions to make the future plot work as well as the crayon/cake scenario.

Edited by Featherhat
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

You know they love a sibling triangle.

Do they? The last time they did it was s1 and they dropped it real quick for s2 (Diggle and Carly were no longer a thing and they upped Lyla, Oliver and Sara was a total temp relationship stepping stone for Olicity, not Oliver and Laurel who pretty much ended things in 201). Kind of makes it look like they didn't love it enough to try to make it work, not to mention that Beth didn't make any of those decisions.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Do they? The last time they did it was s1 and they dropped it real quick for s2 (Diggle and Carly were no longer a thing and they upped Lyla, Oliver and Sara was a total temp relationship stepping stone for Olicity, not Oliver and Laurel who pretty much ended things in 201). Kind of makes it look like they didn't love it enough to try to make it work, not to mention that Beth didn't make any of those decisions.

I was kind of joking but you never know. Barry and Iris had an unnecessarily close "foster sibling" connection that Joe chose to highlight at the wedding. 😉

I think it will be mainly Connor vs JJ for other issues though, but I am expecting some of those to be highly silly and petty.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

It's just so stupid and Lazy. We already had this bullshit with Andy being an evil POS abandoning Carly and their son and basically driving Dig to kill him. God forbid we have something different. 

• Love 1