Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

(edited)

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live - May 7
Published on May 7, 2019, by Golden Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZh6TXBpegk

-- When asked about her favorite scene on Arrow, KM: "Hmm. I really loved the scene with Emily at the end of episode 16, um, where we actually had our heart-to-heart for the first time. There's some really beautiful scenes in the finale coming up next week that I'm very excited for you guys to see, um, [some unintelligible words] so stay tuned for that, for sure."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I posted quotes from this article in the Starling City Times thread because it's all speculation and no spoilers; however, for those who only follow this thread, this writer's speculation echoes a lot of what we've been discussing here...

How Will 'Arrow' Write Out Felicity in the Season 7 Finale? 5 Possibilities
Meredith Jacobs   May 7, 2019
https://herald-review.com/entertainment/tv/how-will-arrow-write-out-felicity-in-the-season-finale/article_6b68a4e1-df1f-5ff1-89e4-b583e17a7c76.html 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I honestly dont see Felicity getting killed off. And seeing that Beth and Emily are great friends i can see Beth already setting down the plan for the series finale and for Emily to return. And i noticed media outlets using the words last appearance as a series regular. Which in all honesty does not mean much only that Emily could not continue to be regular as she was not available for the whole time of filming. 

• Love 3

You should never say never in this verse even if your character is killed off. I am still thinking she's most likely killed off ala Moira due to the title and the Will stuff, leading him and Mia to take up her mantle but I can see her going into hiding again or something. It really depends on if she's able to come back at all and if they want to leave the door open for reuniting Olicity alive after the crossover. Though I guess Monitor shenanigans could help there even if she is dead next week.

It would appease me the best if "You have saved this city" applied to Oliver in the present and Felicity in the future story. Then she could go into hiding and be reunited after we no longer have to be teased that Oliver dies in COIE.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, Featherhat said:

With KM saying that I'm still getting the sacrifice to save her kids vibe.

Lol. I came here to post the opposite.  

There's some really beautiful scenes in the finale coming up next week 

I just don't think KM would use the word beautiful to describe any scene that involved Mia's mom dying.  Emotional, intense, powerful, strong, compelling, even outstanding or brilliant I would say the window was open, but beautiful, no.  I don't associate that with tragic scenes and I can't imagine they'd kill Felicity and that scene not be the big moment of the episode if it were to have happened so instead I have to assume Felicity doesn't die and the "beautiful scenes in the finale are the passing of the torch kind.   The kind with tears and hugs and love but also faith and so much pride.  

That would be beautiful.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Agree with @BkWurm1

I'd also like to add KM is generally very thoughtful in regards to any comments she makes about Olicity and Felicity. She seems to understand the workings of fandom and I don't think she'd be using words like "beautiful" to describe Felicity's death. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I just don't think KM would use the word beautiful to describe any scene that involved Mia's mom dying.  Emotional, intense, powerful, strong, compelling, even outstanding or brilliant I would say the window was open, but beautiful, no.  I don't associate that with tragic scenes and I can't imagine they'd kill Felicity and that scene not be the big moment of the episode if it were to have happened so instead I have to assume Felicity doesn't die and the "beautiful scenes in the finale are the passing of the torch kind.   The kind with tears and hugs and love but also faith and so much pride.  

That would be beautiful.  

Agreed! When I seen Kat said those words i thought of "Felicity goes into hiding, shows she trusts William and Mia to take over and they have heartfelt scenes together before she bolts. Kat said we are gonna get some kinder Mia so I can see Mia say on Screen that she loves her mom very much and is now inspired by her 

• Love 3

I have no idea what happens in the future but I’m still not convinced it’s a “fixed” timeline so they may kill her but then the crossover changes things. I’m more concerned that they won’t have enough time to devote to a satisfactory sendoff in the present. The best case scenario at this point IMO is Oliver neutralizing Emiko (because killing her has been established as a big no no) around the 45 min mark, and then Oliver and Felicity have a chat and decide to peace out. Maybe Dig tells them something along the lines of “You have both saved this city multiple times; now go live.” Then we get a few scenes of Ivy Town-like domestic bliss in the cabin with some time jumps to after Mia was born (I think there was a baby doll on set?) before the Monitor shows up to take Oliver away. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Here's a weird thought - what if the Monitor/Olicity cabin scene doesn't appear at all in 722 when it airs? Then that would mean they've already filmed scenes for next season's crossover and/or series finale.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Here's a weird thought - what if the Monitor/Olicity cabin scene doesn't appear at all in 722 when it airs? Then that would mean they've already filmed scenes for next season's crossover and/or series finale.

I think the scene with the Monitor is in the episode. Canadagraphs posted on his blog about The Monitor also appearing in another Arrowverse finale (warning for anyone who clicks on the link - there's a pretty big spoiler in there). He posted a pic of the call sheet and wrote that given the scene number it seems like it could be the last one in the episode, so it seems like he could be visiting all the shows to set up the crossover. 

But...maybe they did film some scenes for next season, given there was allegedly a baby on set? Guess we'll find out in a few days.

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

That's what I was thinking too.  Unless the Monitor snaps Oliver up and takes him away, which makes no sense because they want SA in the episodes leading up the the COIE next season, there is no reason for the Monitor to appear at the cabin.

Maybe they will write EBR into other episodes too but they wanted to have these in the can just in case.

ETA:  or maybe it's for a scene earlier, maybe just before the crossover starts or at the start of the season to explain why Mia grows up without Oliver. Or it could just be a tease for next season in the finale of this one but my money is on something banked for s8 in case they can't get EBR to do it then.

Edited by statsgirl

I still haven't watched last week's episode, and keep coming here (in vain) to give me some sense of excitement for the finale.  I cannot remember a finale I was less interested in.  Maybe S4?  I guess it's got to be due to EBR leaving, but I am so emotionally detached from this show.  

• Love 2

The reason that I really like the idea of the Monitor arriving during the finale and whisking Oliver away is that it gives a really good excuse about why he'd leave his wife alone to raise their kid. There's just no other explanation that I can think of that will make it seem ok. If he's back in the bunker chasing down random bad guys next season, I don't know how they make that work. 

Of course, S7 could end like S3 with Oliver and Felicity heading off into the sunset and the scenes they filmed actually don't pop up until the episode before the crossover.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Trisha said:

If he's back in the bunker chasing down random bad guys next season, I don't know how they make that work. 

She's in hiding to protect Mia while he's saving the city. He visits occasionally. Mia is too young to be aware if he's there or not.

Then at COIE, the Monitor takes him away for 20 years which is how Mia grows up not knowing him, and Felicity is keeping away from William so he feels abandoned.  Then after the crossover, in the very last episode, Oliver returns and rejoins his family and either keeps fighting or he and Felicity retire and let the young 'uns take over.

16 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

That would be beautiful.  

Funny how we all see things differently. I associate an actor talking about a "beautiful scene" when an actor is leaving with a death scene for some radon bur it certainly doesn't have to be that at all. I like all the senarios that have her alive with the possibility of Olicity coming together alive at some point, but um not trusting the show to do that right now I guess. I also agree they've left very little time for a decent send off in the present. 

I hope they've filmed some scenes for next season/series finale but I think the Monitor will be showing up in the present in the finale to set up the mini season.

Arrow Boss Teases Felicity's Final Scene

By Lindsay MacDonald | May 10, 2019

https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-7-finale-beth-schwartz-felicity-final-scene/

Arrow's upcoming Season 7 finale won't just be the final episode of the season, it will be our final episode with our beloved Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards).

As for Felicity's role in this finale — bring your tissues.

"I can't give away too much, but every time I watch the last 10 minutes of the finale, I cry every single time," showrunner Beth Schwartz told TV Guide when we asked about Felicity's final scenes. "I just wanted to honor [Felicity]. She's been a really important character to the show — besides just having a huge fan base — to me personally. She's been one of my favorite characters, and I've been with her from the beginning. I wanted to make sure that we honored her both in her relationship with Oliver as well as her goals personally and the origin of Smoak Tech — her wanting to do something in addition to being on Team Arrow. That was her own, so that was really important to me."

There are plenty of theories out there about how and when Felicity will be written out of the show, and some of them are downright horrifying. Luckily, Schwartz says that although we won't be seeing Rickards on our screens every week, there's still room for her to return at some point in the final season.

"She is always welcome to come back, so I would be obviously more than happy to have her back next season," Schwartz said. Final seasons are the time for familiar faces to return, after all, and it seems like that may be a priority for Arrow too. "We definitely have that in mind, honoring the series and getting all our favorites back," Schwartz said.

While we hate to say goodbye to Felicity, it's at least heartening to hear that the door is being kept wide open for her to return. There is also good news on the Oliver front since Schwartz said the Season 7 finale will finally reveal where he is in the flash-forwards — or, more accurately, why he doesn't seem to be around.

"The majority of questions will be answered, but there will be just a couple hanging over that we'll get to in Season 8," said Schwartz.

• Love 3

Hmm, I really hope it's not just leaving to set up Smoak Tech, and it shouldn't be because of the pregnancy but maybe that's how it's billed to the public/noobs. Especially if Oliver is off somewhere.

53 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

While we hate to say goodbye to Felicity, it's at least heartening to hear that the door is being kept wide open for her to return. There is also good news on the Oliver front since Schwartz said the Season 7 finale will finally reveal where he is in the flash-forwards — or, more accurately, why he doesn't seem to be around.

Well, if there's one thing we can count on it's that the answer to this question won't be sad or depressing!

• Love 2

So, the Monitor then?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She’s in hiding to protect Mia while he's saving the city. He visits occasionally. Mia is too young to be aware if he's there or not.

That’s what I’m dreading. That’s going to be a hard sell for me - him basically leaving her to raise their kid with an occasional drop by. They’ve already sacrificed so much for this ungrateful city - that would be a bridge too far for me. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Trisha said:

That’s what I’m dreading. That’s going to be a hard sell for me - him basically leaving her to raise their kid with an occasional drop by. They’ve already sacrificed so much for this ungrateful city - that would be a bridge too far for me. 

I agree and it would so out of character for either of them to be okay with it. Unless Bloomfield is close to SC and he actually goes home every night/most nights until whatever happens to him happens and we just don't see it, I can't see it working. Felicity was raised by a single mom and it's always been fairly clear she doesn't want that for herself/her children, it' always been a possibility because of their lifestyle but raising your child alone because your spouse can't be there is very different than doing it because he's run off to try to save the land of the ungrateful asshat for the umpteenth time.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Same. There would have to be a REALLY BIG IMPORTANT reason why he has to keep fighting for a city that hates him instead of being with his family and leaving Felicity basically alone. 

• Love 2

Not that I would put anything past this dumb show, but I don't think Oliver's going to be fighting crime in Star City like nothing's changed. Last episode, Felicity had her little chat with Alena about going off line to keep Mia safe, and Oliver had his little dream quest with Tommy about ending his cycle of violence. They seem to be setting up the team breaking up in some way (the Mark of 4 tattoos and promise, no one on the team but Diggle knowing about Mia, etc.) - even the title of the final episode indicates an endpoint of the vigilantes as we know them in Star City. 

If Oliver does wind up fighting crime in Star City without Felicity, I hope the reasoning is sound. If not? Eh. This show doesn't make the best decisions, but I'd personally rather it make the bad decision where they're still together (and seeing each other occasionally/off screen) vs. not.

• Love 3

I know it's for ~suspense~ but Mia not mentioning her dad at all is weird. And it seems like chip on her shoulder Mia would definitely throw something related to him in her mom's face when she's mad. Like, he's dead, or he's gone, or I never knew him, or where's dad?

10 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I know it's for ~suspense~ but Mia not mentioning her dad at all is weird. And it seems like chip on her shoulder Mia would definitely throw something related to him in her mom's face when she's mad. Like, he's dead, or he's gone, or I never knew him, or where's dad?

She did mention him once - when she asked if Felicity going after whatever the company who owns ARCHER in the future's name is - was about "Dad." 

(edited)

Beth has had vastly different reactions to scenes this season than I have. So saying she cried at the last 10 minutes brings out my side eye. But we'll see! 

Although I'm dreading it, I'm ready to get this finale over with now. I just want it done, haha. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't trust Beth. I don't even think it's an interpretation thing, she blatantly lies.

Look at the fuss she gave the 150th with the OTA cake etc. There was not much OTA, no Olicity and Felicity had a few minor scenes like some supporting pleb.

MG wrote it but she tried to market it as an OTA ep and even the summary made it sound like it was focused on Olicity.

The woman is probably lying to scrounge viewers for S8.

Eta: Even if she's not lying about the last 10 min it's a case of too little too late. I didn't need to see dead and gone Tommy back in scenes with Oliver while Felicity had 2 seconds to react to them reuniting after they were in danger. 

Don't get me started on the garbage sister she keeps pushing.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

The woman is probably lying to scrounge viewers for S8.

I don’t understand how lying about what happens in the season 7 finale is a viable strategy to get people to watch season 8.

4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don’t understand how lying about what happens in the season 7 finale is a viable strategy to get people to watch season 8.

No it's not a sound strategy at all. But she did it for the 150th. 

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

She did mention him once - when she asked if Felicity going after whatever the company who owns ARCHER in the future's name is - was about "Dad." 

Ahhh.  Thanks. Shows how much I pay attention. 

I hope Oliver didn't completely miss out on both his kids' childhoods. 

(edited)

Mia Smoak's Journey to Becoming a Hero Is Just Getting Started on Arrow
By Lindsay MacDonald | May 11, 2019 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-8-spoilers-mia-smoak/ 

While her journey this season has had quite a few bumps, Mia Smoak swiftly captured the hearts of Arrow fans, and there's no doubt she'll continue to do so in the Season 7 finale and beyond. The upcoming eighth and final season will continue to flash-forward to Mia and William's (Ben Lewis) adulthood in 2049[sic], with plenty more adventures on the way, but it's safe to say we've only really seen the beginning of Mia's journey to become a hero.

"She's been conflicted because she grew up understanding one narrative and then her life kind of blew up when she found out her mother was secretly still being a vigilante," showrunner Beth Schwartz told TV Guide. "Then seeing the old team and sort of connecting with Connor and Zoey and William and sort of establishing this new kind of team — she's the daughter of Oliver and Felicity so there's a hero naturally inside of her, so that's what's starting to come out."
... The development of their sibling relationship is something Schwartz says she's excited to explore, especially given how prominent the theme of family has always been in Arrow.

"Part of the show that was always my favorite was the Oliver/Thea (Willa Holland) relationship and the brother and sister dynamic," Schwartz said. "I always love the family dynamics. It was fun getting [Mia and William] together because their personalities are so different. Just having them be able to talk about what interesting parents they have and non-tradition childhoods — it's nice that they get to sort of lean on each other because no one else can really understand that."

Edited by tv echo
14 minutes ago, tv echo said:

. The development of their sibling relationship is something Schwartz says she's excited to explore, especially given how prominent the theme of family has always been in Arrow.

"Part of the show that was always my favorite was the Oliver/Thea (Willa Holland) relationship and the brother and sister dynamic," Schwartz said. "I always love the family dynamics. It was fun getting [Mia and William] together because their personalities are so different. Just having them be able to talk about what interesting parents they have and non-tradition childhoods — it's nice that they get to sort of lean on each other because no one else can really understand that."

Beth has actually said something about next season that I could find interesting. Shocker.

• Love 1

Increasing the number of flash forwards would make sense on a few levels. It would give SA and DR more time off, allowing DR to get more directing in, it would cover a bit for the absense of Felicity, and it would highlight Future Team Arrow in case it can get a spin-off.

• Love 2
(edited)

True, though like a broken record my enjoyment of them would depend on Felicity's fate in them and how likely EBR is to come back for a finale. If rather watch William, Mia and Connor than Rene, Dinah and Emiko. Although I'm prejudging the Connor vs JJ good son/bad son storyline a lot.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
(edited)

I really don’t think they’re killing Felicity off in the future, given Beth’s comments about EBR and S8 but I’m preparing myself for the very small possibility that they do and we’re getting a heartbreaking death scene in which Felicity says goodbye to William and Mia moments before Oliver shows up in the future. Just so I’m prepared for the worst. 

I’m also prepared to get 4 minutes of Oliver and Felicity saying goodbye to the team in the present, 3 minutes of Olicity + Monitor at the cabin, and 3 minutes of the wrap up for the future in the last 10 minutes. Just so I don’t expect to be satisfied with the Olicity we’ll get in what may be EBR’s last episode (in case she can’t return for at least the series finale). 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm really hoping that the tissues are for the goodbyes and not for a death.  Unless it's Future Rene or Future Dinah.

I assume the tissues are for when Oliver has to leave.  As for the future scenes, you really think I'd need tissues if Rene or Dinah died? Lol

• LOL 4
8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

As for the future scenes, you really think I'd need tissues if Rene or Dinah died?

I know I wouldn't.. But I bet Beth and Bambam think that I would.

• Love 2
(edited)

The last time Beth said she cried over a scene was the pregnancy reveal and it sped by so quickly there was barely a chance to tear up. Which means I’ve adjusted my expectations for the finale and the final 10 minutes accordingly. 

The fan detectives on Twitter think the “spoiler” in the background of the EBR photo Bamford posted is Curtis, which is not exciting...or a spoiler because he was in the episode stills.

If they think Curtis is an interesting reveal then they haven’t been paying attention to fan response to him.

Edited by kes0704
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I'm still going with future death but I could see it being a sad goodbye between them or both. Then again it could be the sad goodbye between Oliver and Rene, who knows sometimes. 😉

• LOL 1