Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Sequel

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So both Black Canary and Black Siren with be Oliver's partners next season? No wonder SA was so distressed at losing EBR. I have the feeling I won't be engaging much with the jubilant fandom on social media next season.

I doubt Oliver will be teaming up with anybody but the Monitor in s8. 

• Love 4

If it’s true that JH is only in half the episodes — that’s still just a rumor, right? — they can have one BC tag in the other in season 8. Laurel can even take over Dinah’s SCPD job (if she still has it) since she was able to pick up law so easily. Leading a police department should be a piece of cake. Give in to the ridiculousness. 

I won’t be surprised if KC is in multiple episodes of S8, but I doubt she’ll be in enough to be part of any team (with or without Oliver). 

I’m fully expecting them to piece together episodes based on actors’ availabilities. There may not be anyone who’s in all 10. 

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So both Black Canary and Black Siren with be Oliver's partners next season? No wonder SA was so distressed at losing EBR.

I doubt it was an accident that Oliver hasn't had any scenes with BS the last two seasons (and the only scenes they did share were antagonistic). With both PB and EBR gone, KC will probably end up working with JH the most. 718 looks like it's going to set that up.

• Love 4

Well that scene with Sara and Felicity was adorable.  Say what you will about this season, it has given us some quality female friendship moments.  

“I like my job, I don’t want to say anything I can’t say and I don’t want to get killed again! They’ve killed me off and brought me back twice already. It’s awesome,” the actress joked.

This quote from KC confuses me.  Is she saying she was killed off twice?  Cause I don't remember that.  Unless she's counting them Killing Sara as one of the times, I mean, it gets confusing keeping track of all the Canaries.  

• Love 1

If E2 Laurel becomes fully redeemed, they still haven't explained why she isn't part of the Mark of Four pact.

From 710:
Older Dinah (to Older Rene): "We made a promise to always keep fighting, to be there for each other no matter what. All of us - you, me, Roy, Diggle, Oliver, and Felicity. We owe her this."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

EH mentioned Arrow when he was discussing other (non-Ghostbusters) projects - beginning at around the 7:30 mark...

-- EH: "Worked on Arrow, um, and played a really fun character there. I'll probably go back next year."

Ernie Hudson Q&A Panel - Midwest Gaming Classic
Published on Apr 14, 2019, by Ghostbusters Medi-Corps

Edited by tv echo
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Well that scene with Sara and Felicity was adorable.  Say what you will about this season, it has given us some quality female friendship moments.  

This quote from KC confuses me.  Is she saying she was killed off twice?  Cause I don't remember that.  Unless she's counting them Killing Sara as one of the times, I mean, it gets confusing keeping track of all the Canaries.  

A fan asked her about that and she mentioned the dream sequence. I don't know how that makes sense either.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

If E2 Laurel becomes fully redeemed, they still haven't explained why she isn't part of the Mark of Four pact.

From 710:
Older Dinah (to Older Rene): "We made a promise to always keep fighting, to be there for each other no matter what. All of us - you, me, Roy, Diggle, Oliver, and Felicity. We owe her this."

I'm still of the belief that she's a last minute addition to S8. I can't get past the haircut. 

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Is she saying she was killed off twice?  Cause I don't remember that.

I read it as she was killed.  And then brought back twice.  I think she's referring to Laurel in the first part and herself in the second.  Laurel was killed while Katie Cassidy was brought back to the Arrowverse twice: as a guest star and series regular.  She may have meant something else but that's how I read it.

Interview: Arrow’s Juliana Harkavy Tells Us What’s Coming for Dinah in Tonight’s “Lost Canary”
by Jessica Mason | 10:46 am, April 15th, 2019
https://www.themarysue.com/interview-juliana-harkavy-black-canary-arrow-lost-canary/

Healing from trauma has become Dinah’s new goal this season. Harkavy explained, “In the past she was dealing with the loss of someone else, and now it’s dealing with a partial loss of herself. It’s also given Dinah some softness and some vulnerability, which is nice when a character is kind of hardened like she is … It’s been good as an actor; it’s been really juicy to work with that.”

Another empowering aspect for Harkavy and for viewers—myself included—has been simply seeing a woman, and a hero, on television with a prominent scar. “We kind of feature it,” Harkavy said of the scar. “We’ll still put her in a low-cut shirt, and she’ll be looking great and she’ll have this scar out, and I was hoping it would help people who do have scars.” (As a scar haver, I can say it certainly does).

Dinah is still learning to be a hero without her cry, but she’ll make progress on that in this episode. “I think that in this episode, I would say, it’s where Dinah really starts to believe” in herself without her powers, Harkavy told us. “In the past, when she wanted to quit and the team kept her going … I think she listened to them, but I don’t think she really believed them until this episode.”
She’ll have help in learning to be a hero without power the form of Sara Lance, played by special guest star Caity Lotz. Sara will be popping over from the Waverider (where she’s dealing with Jane Austen, Bollywood musical numbers, and the unquiet dead the hour before). “We’re dealing with a big problem on our earth, and we sort of recruit her to come and help us,” Harkavy explained. “It’s something that only she can help us with.”

With two Canaries on the job, we’ll also see flash forwards to 2040 that might reveal more about the latest Canary, Zoe Ramirez (Andrea Sixtos) and what it means to carry that title: “The cool thing, especially as we go into the future, is that Dinah sort of takes that title and turns it into something that anyone can be.”

According to Harkavy, a Canary can be any woman “who is in need of something, who is searching for something, who fights and works for it.” Dinah “becomes an advocate for women, in a sense, through the canaries.” We’ll also learn more about how Dinah’s life changed between now and 2040. “We really get to see what happened, a sort of a chain of events that happened so that she flips back the complete opposite way that she is now,” Harkavy teased. “The city changes, and I think that her morals and beliefs change, and all of this sort of self-discovery she’s doing right now that’s she’s lost her cry.”
Harkavy had nothing but praise for her costars in the episode, including Lotz: “She’s one of my favorite people to work with and just in general. She teaches me so much. She does so many of her own stunts. This week saw the final series wrap for Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, a day and departure that was emotional for everyone. “It was very hard,” Harkavy shared. “It was a very emotional week.”

But she added, “she really has so much talent that we’re all just excited to see where she goes, but we’re all going to miss her deeply.” Before her departure, though, there’s one more story to tell.

Edited by tv echo

With two Canaries on the job, we’ll also see flash forwards to 2040 that might reveal more about the latest Canary, Zoe Ramirez (Andrea Sixtos) and what it means to carry that title: “The cool thing, especially as we go into the future, is that Dinah sort of takes that title and turns it into something that anyone can be.”

She says as the third (and arguably fourth) iteration of said character. LOL.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Goodness, it takes a lot for me to be rooting for Black Siren over another female character, but Dinah is beyond hypocritical in this clip. (Felicity's PJ top is on point, though!)

It bugs me because while Dinah is definitely wrong here, Black Siren did kill a lot of people, and she's never had to answer for it, and apart from Dinah bringing up Vince to her from time to time, everyone on the team pretends that none of that even happened? No one cared at all about the ramifications of someone like Black Siren taking over their (alleged) friend's life and ruining her name. I hope there's a satisfying comeuppance or something in the pipeline, but...lol never mind. 

• Love 8

UGH sounds like double the Dinah. A episode where shes featured a lot in current time and FF time sounds so unappealing! I DO  NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT DINAH OR CANARY NETWORK! FF for me are only good if Mia William Connor Felicity and Roy are in them!

• Love 3

JH’s acting in that clip. Yikes. Also STFU Dinah. 🙄

I really thought they’d already dealt with the whole fallout of her losing her cry. It seemed pretty much concluded a couple of episodes ago. Have they run out of story for her? 🤔

Nothing is making me excited for this episode, especially not the prospect of more Dinah than I expected. Ughhhhh. 

Edited by Angel12d
16 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm wondering if BS gets killed off again this season, so it would be a KC Laurel being killed twice, and then they realized they need her for s8, much as they revived Sara.

• Love 1

I’m very curious about what role/screentime KC will have for the remainder of the season. We know that she is back for the finale (seemingly in the present) but is she gone from the present day storyline until then? And she’s in the future but hasn’t seemed like a big part of that world until now, since she didn’t even know her friend’s daughter. I guess she’ll return from E1 in the finale and stick around for next year, as well as become a bigger part of the future gang? With Felicity leaving, you would think they wouldn’t reduce KC’s screentime too. 

It all seemingly signaled original cast member Katie Cassidy Rodgers’ second exit from the CW series. But don’t let the doppelgänger dupe you.

“Katie does not leave the show; she comes back this season,” showrunner Beth Schwartz assured TVLine earlier this month at the Writers Guild Foundation’s WGFestival 2019. “It appears like [she leaves], but it’s not true. She’s still [part of the show].”

https://tvline.com/2019/04/15/arrow-recap-7x18-is-katie-cassidy-leaving-laurel-earth-two/

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I’m very curious about what role/screentime KC will have for the remainder of the season. We know that she is back for the finale (seemingly in the present) but is she gone from the present day storyline until then? And she’s in the future but hasn’t seemed like a big part of that world until now, since she didn’t even know her friend’s daughter. I guess she’ll return from E1 in the finale and stick around for next year, as well as become a bigger part of the future gang? With Felicity leaving, you would think they wouldn’t reduce KC’s screentime too. 

I'm not sure. I guess with whatever's happening with the Ninth Circle they could call on her for additional backup and bring her back into the present. I don't know if she'll be in the future more - given Mia only knew her from the vigilante documentary, and that she asked Mia to pass off that helmet to Felicity instead of giving it to her herself makes it seem like she's not around much in the future? Although why she'd bring a gaggle of other canaries with her from another earth is a mystery, unless they're all just used to working with whoever's around since there are so many of them.

• Love 1

Also - are we ever gonna revisit the fact that Oliver can't get in touch with his son? He seems not at all concerned about it and it's been at least a month. If William had still been pissy when he left with his grandparents I could *maybe* see Oliver giving him some space (but even that's a stretch). Since things were fine when he went to Central City, seems Oliver should be more alarmed? 

This show, LOL.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

All these Felicity clips to promote the birds. I'm genuinely curious to see what they'll do next season for hype without EBR.

Simple - it's the final season, so tune in to see how it all ends.  If no one tunes in?  I'm pretty sure their paycheck isn't proportionate to the ratings, so what does it matter?  I'd argue that most fans' opinions about the characters is pretty set now so it's unlikely anything that happens in S8 will change that.  Everyone can still look forward to a lifetime on the convention circuit even if they never find another decent gig.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Also - are we ever gonna revisit the fact that Oliver can't get in touch with his son? He seems not at all concerned about it and it's been at least a month. If William had still been pissy when he left with his grandparents I could *maybe* see Oliver giving him some space (but even that's a stretch). Since things were fine when he went to Central City, seems Oliver should be more alarmed? 

That's the only thing that ruined the otherwise perfect Olicity cuddling scene at the end -- there was a photo of William placed prominently behind them, reminding the audience how weird it is that they just abandoned him. I'm hoping that we hear in the next few episodes that they've actually been in contact with him (just haven't seen him), and then whatever happens in the finale makes it clear that they are severing ties with him just to keep him safe.

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on The Flash, Lucifer, JAG, Good Girls, Whiskey Cav, iZombie, New Amsterdam and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 15 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/04/15/flash-spoilers-season-5-nora-secret-barry-iris-reaction/

Anything and everything Arrow! —Morgan
Echoing that which show boss Beth Schwartz told TVLine about the series’ penultimate finale (airing May 13), Juliana Harvkavy said, “We were crying the entire shoot. Not just because it’s sad, but because we know that the end is coming up and this is our last full-season finale…. It was just kind of surreal. It’s a really incredible script — everybody really put their all into it — and there is so much action. It’s very exciting, and really emotional.”

Will we see Digg in the future? I'm guessing yes. I hope they don't do anything to DR, and he looks exactly the same with a bit of grey. (Like how Angela Bassett played Cuba Gooding Jr's mom in 1991 and 25 years later played his sister.)

7 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Will we see Digg in the future? I'm guessing yes. I hope they don't do anything to DR, and he looks exactly the same with a bit of grey. (Like how Angela Bassett played Cuba Gooding Jr's mom in 1991 and 25 years later played his sister.)

I'm guessing yes, and I'm wondering if we'll see him next week now that Future Felicity is hanging out with Connor. It would be a good time for it.

D4UEkcxUwAARqnE.jpg

Also, why are my babies so beautiful?

D4UKKlsUYAAdDWo.jpg

D4UKKluU0AAQT6f.jpg

More photos from 619 at TVLine: https://tvline.com/gallery/arrow-season-7-photos/#!1/arrow-season-7-photos-1-16/

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I suspect that General Stewart will turn out to be John Stewart's father, but we won't see John Stewart...

Ngl I still have a feeling he'll end up being Diggle's father who just has a different last name, and it is a reference/foreshadowing since the other Earth Diggle is already the Green Lantern.

Beth liked a tweet speculating General Stewart is related to John Stewart as this Earth's GL, so he's definitely supposed to be a GL reference, but I'm going with she wants to hide that twist that Diggle *is* the "John Stewart."

• Love 5

David’s been talking about Diggle’s parents since mid season 6, so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a familial connection reveal with General Stewart. Especially if we get more details about Connor in the future and how he ended up with the Diggles.

• Love 1

You can tell it's for superficial reasons why she doesn't want the black around her eyes under the mask. I'm surprised they caved into her demands. But then I think wait she keeps coming back to this show so they seem to do anything for her.

• Love 2

Well, we already know Felicity's not going to prison. But if the threat of it leads to growly, protective Oliver, I'm here for it. Also, if it leads him to be self-reflective about how much it would suck to see your spouse go to prison, I'm here for that as well. And if that leads him to realize he's made some other promises that could separate him from his spouse again (ahem) and that makes him come clean with her, I would also accept that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

But Felicity is still inexplicably trying to save it in 2040, and I don’t understand why. She and Oliver should’ve left it to rot a million times already. 

Probably because Archer has something to do with the city getting as bad as it is and she feels responsible for that and wants to fix it.

ETA: I just realized this seems snarky and I didn't mean it that way, haha

Edited by apinknightmare
12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So is this about Archer? Does Emiko use it for something bad and Felicity suffers the consequences? 

I'm not sure what kind of consequences she can really suffer considering she's allegedly running a company under her own name in the future. Unless that's a lie.

If Archer is already being used for badness, it'll be an unfortunate testament to her if she still hasn't managed to get it under control in 20 years. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm not sure what kind of consequences she can really suffer considering she's allegedly running a company under her own name in the future. Unless that's a lie.

If Archer is already being used for badness, it'll be an unfortunate testament to her if she still hasn't managed to get it under control in 20 years. 

By consequences I just meant she gets arrested in that episode. And yeah, as Felicity managed to create and run a successful business under her own name, I just assumed whatever problem occurs gets mostly resolved either by the end of 721 or 722?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I just assumed whatever problem occurs gets mostly resolved either by the end of 721 or 722?

I certainly hope so. If it’s not solved before she leaves the show and it’s involved in the reasoning for Felicity leaving Star City, that’ll be dumber than Dinah covering up for Laurel’s little crime and accessory to murder spree by telling people she was undercover as the DA. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I certainly hope so. If it’s not solved before she leaves the show and it’s involved in the reasoning for Felicity leaving Star City, that’ll be dumber than Dinah covering up for Laurel’s little crime and accessory to murder spree by telling people she was undercover as the DA. 

Same. I'm gonna be really annoyed if they managed to cover up BS's crimes but can't help out Felicity. But I suppose it also won't matter because I'm not watching S8, haha. 

But seriously, I can't imagine Felicity has to go on the run but can somehow still make Smoak Tech a success (and going by the huge offices in the future, it is). So fingers crossed they figure it out and they just leave for another reason. 

• Love 3

Sigh, I'm also going to be annoyed if she has to leave because of Archer. 

Especially because of Smoak Tech and Mia thinking it was safer to be a Smoak than a Queen. Also not looking forward to potential fake break up/divorce potential storyline that go along with it, depending on the timelines and COIE fallout etc. But I also fully expect them to ignore inconvenient stuff from the FFs that was mentioned previously. 

I guess it also depends on how they plan on her ending up in 7x23 in 2040. And again Oliver's fate.

Personally, I would rather Tommy not return, although I'm fully expecting him to.

I don't think this show ever demonstrated Oliver really caring about Tommy, despite how many storylines depended on us believing they had a real, deep connection. Oliver was an absolute shit friend to him. The ick of he and Laurel practically humping each other on Tommy's fresh grave, and Oliver sitting there listening to Laurel make dreamy plans about their future together literally right after he'd died runs deep with me. I mean I guess Oliver did have the decency to disappear to another continent after that, but he shouldn't have been there with her in the first place considering one of the last things Tommy saw him doing was being a porny exhibitionist with the woman that he loved. 

I'd honestly rather not have a doppelgänger storyline that's dependent on Oliver's "love" for E-1 Tommy and inability to separate the two (which is just a guess based on how the show stupidly dealt with its other doppelgänger). 

But, if it is in fact inevitable and he shows up having a connection to E-2 Oliver and E-2 Laurel, I sure hope they treated him better than their E-1 counterparts. 

• Love 5

If CD doesn't have another show anymore, it seems obvious Tommy will return, imo, though he's so bland I never understood fandom's obsession with him. That said, he doesn't need to be E2 Tommy. He could be E1 Tommy resurrected. Even the set-up is there from when Malcolm really didn't want Thea put in the lazarus pit - maybe he did it to Tommy and it went wrong? IDK.

I think bringing him back for the last 10 episodes is kinda pointless tbh. Some characters should just stay dead.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4