Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Peach Pit

• Start Topic

Hello I am a TwoP refugee! Nice to meet everyone. Happy to have a place to discuss our show, as soon as anyone knows of if/when another station begins airing it again. I just haven't been able to bring myself to purchase the DVDs, the original music is too important to the plot 

Edited by Scarlett45

I never really posted on TWoP, but still read recaps there and Mighty Big TV back when the internet was young. But I am a huge fan of many shows Aaron Spelling and wish I still had my Aaron Spelling website I made in the 1990's. But I will always talk about 90210 and will answer Badd if someone asks me my favorite color.

• Love 2

Hi guys - another TwoP refugee here. Good to see some old acquaintances around here - and new names as well, of course!

Splain, I own the DVDs (well, S1-8, anyway, I could never really warm up to the post-Walsh years), and I suppose some or even most of the music is the same, but there are some notable songs that have been replaced by more generic, elevator-type music. It's a rights issue, it seems.

Hey Marie Claudine, Scarlett45 Desert Flower, Shangrilala, and Carrier76!! Formerly Runner123 here. :) I said I just might change the name a little bit. Glad to see you all here, and hope we will all make a successful migration. 

Hey. I used to dip into the 90210 thread on TWoP from time to time. I was good spellar on there. So sad about TWoP, but I'm glad this site seems to be catching a lot of the refugees. I'd be sad if I couldn't read people throwing the phrase Beret of Drug Addiction around.

• Love 2

Hi All! Another former member of TWOP. I wasn't an active poster on the 90210 board, but I popped in from time to time under the name MaileSkye. The 90210 board was always one of the best, and I'm excited to see it returning in a new home. 

I have also migrated here from the TWoP forum.  As some of you who posted there may recall, I don't actually like this show.  I don't even think it's awesomely bad, I think it's just bad.  But I have an odd fondness for people's adoration of it, so enjoy following the discussion - and jumping in when it's from one of the few seasons I watched and remember.  Nice to see so many familiar faces here, and new ones as well.

Also, after so many years in a forum without a Meet Market, it will be nice to have the opportunity to get to know some of you beyond your enjoyable posts.  Me, I'm a civil rights attorney in Los Angeles, and a crazy cat lady who sadly only has one cat now. 

• Love 4

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Hello everyone, I've come over here from TWOP as a longtime lurker whose looking to start participating in some of the 90210 discussion and snark. I only started watching the show in 2008 but I absolutely love it, there's nothing quite like it. I'm ashamed to admit that my new found obsession with BH90210 has resulted in my sister buying me a Brandon Walsh heart shaped cushion off etsy which I now sleep with... I'm 25 years old :/

• Love 1

Be not ashamed, Rachael, for you have found your people. 

Bastet: I too am a "crazy cat lady" Currently 3 indoor only cats own me, and there are from 1-3 neighborhood strays that I feed regularly. This winter was so cold, that there were days I'd do three or four feedings, just to keep whichever poor souls were out there fueled up. I tried offering garage shelter, but they are too skittish. 

I am a massage therapist by trade. Almost two years now. Went back to school in my mid-40's for it, and it's simply the BEST decision I  have ever made. 

• Love 1

I'm so happy to see familiar names. I lurked over at the "other board" for years. You guys don't know it but you got me through some really hard times.

I'm hoping to join in more over here. I miss watching our show! I wish some network would pick it up and show it again.

I keep checking Netflix hoping they've picked it up but no such luck.

I'm more of a crazy dog and cat lady. I have a rescue Border Collie that came from a horrible abuse situation. I have an 18 year old chihuahua, she's my pound puppy, also abused.

And I have my Kitties.

I could never answer when somebody would ask if I'm a dog person or a cat person so I just say I'm bi.

Happy 4th to all my Niner friends! Although I don't think the gang was ever shown celebrating Independence Day, they did light some sparklers in tribute to poor Scott in the time capsule episode. So as you celebrate today don't forget to raise a sparkler to Scott and remember, don't play with guns!

• Love 1

Just a quick question, you guys, to hear what you think:

This board seems awfully quiet to me, and I know it's probably because Soapnet is off the air. But even for that, it seems very quiet, especially since I know there are a lot of people on here who wouldn't mind rehashing old episodes from their memory :-). It's also not because of the site, which is wonderful - it's easy to use and has a nice layout, a friendly structure and overall a great feel. So I was wondering if it might be the way this section is organized. We have many small threads, but I was wondering if in addition to those  it might be worthwhile to include another, which could be like what over at TwoP they called "General Gabbery" - where just anything about the show can be discussed, even if it extends a certain episode (or, in this case, a topic or cluster of seasons). In my experince, that's what many posters did over on TwoP: write posts about a character development over the whole of the show, jump back in forth in time to make a point, etc. What do you think? Would that make sense or do you think that it would rather take away from the individual threads?

Looking forward to your opinions!

• Love 2
(edited)
posts about a character development over the whole of the show, jump back in forth in time to make a point

Many forums have "All Episodes Talk" threads, but we basically already have that, just split into eras (the high school years, college, and beyond).  (As a PS, I'm grateful to whoever had that idea, since I only watched during high school; it's easy for me to follow the discussion in which I can participate.)  But an "All Episodes" thread would be good for posts like you described above.

Edited by Bastet

I like that idea, Marie Claudine!

I was over on the Sex and the City thread last night, and I noticed that they have started (in June) with a "rewatch" they  decided on a day to start with S1E1 and then they watch and discuss every week, as you might with a new show. That could be an idea too. Amazon has free season 1 streaming for 90210. 

There probably should be some differentiation between the threads just to make it accessible to the new users. If a thread is 100 pages long and about the entire series, they probably wouldn't dive in.

• Love 2

@Chip, that's a good point - it's no good to seem too daunting to newbies and lurkers! I therefore wouldn't want to replace any other, more specific threads, of course - just add a general discussion one for those who wish to make more overarching remarks. But again, I don't insist - just thought it might help.

Runner, I'd totally be up for a common rewatch, if people want it! That might definitely help.

Anyway, thanks for weighing in, you guys!

@Chip, that's a good point - it's no good to seem too daunting to newbies and lurkers! I therefore wouldn't want to replace any other, more specific threads, of course - just add a general discussion one for those who wish to make more overarching remarks. But again, I don't insist - just thought it might help.

Runner, I'd totally be up for a common rewatch, if people want it! That might definitely help.

Anyway, thanks for weighing in, you guys!

Hi! I too think the quietness has to do with the show not airing on any station. I would be up for a netflix rewatch.

Season one is free with Amazon streaming. Alas, it is not on Hulu or Netflix right now.  

So for anyone who wants to play along with the rewatch, or even chime in when you're not rewatching because you remember each episode so well, we could pick a date to begin the rewatch, such as August 1. If we do it similarly to the folks doing the SatC rewatch, it will be one episode per week open for discussion. What say you? And please don't make me hold up my hand to quiet y'all...

• Love 1

Oh hey y'all! Stupid me didn't even think to look to see if there was a 90210 thread here. Or rather I should say, the BH, 90210.  Also migrated from TWoP, where I was just ScorpiosRule.  My moniker here should clarify which Scorpios rule, as I am  Pisces. Let me tell you, it caused quite the confusion!

And not everything is free if you're a Prime Member. Which sucks.

• Love 3

Holy crap, I have no idea where to post this!!! TV Guide Network will be broadcasting BH, 90210 starting September 1! I was watching Big Brother After Dark, and I saw a caption saying there would be a marathon on Labor Day, and then the regular schedule would start the next day at 11/10am central (I think). I swear I am not hallucinating this, but I can find no information whatsoever on their website. Huzzah!

Edited by Jeebus Cripes
  • Love 4

Oh happy day! Thanks for the news, Jeebus. I could not find anything on their website either but I checked their fb page and found a couple of teasers, tucked in amongst all the Big Brother posts. The date wasn't listed. Yay!!!

• Love 1

Guys, this is the best news surrounding TV in some time! Yay! Excellent! Their Facebook startpage says: "Beverly Hills 90210 is coming to TVGN! SHARE if you can hardly wait!" I can't share it because I am not on Facebook, and can't watch it because I live in the UK these days, but I am still unreasonably excited about this :-). I'll just come here to check out where you guys are at and I'll watch along with my DVDs and catch up with you here. Such good news, Jeebus! I've been missing my regular dose of Niner gossip.

• Love 1

I just found this forum.  After the demise of TWoP I didn't know where everyone had gone.

I was soooooooo excited about the TVGN news only to have my heart broken when I realized they are using the cheesy DVD music.  It's just wrong!

Do we have any hope of anyone showing the show with the original music or a proper DVD release?

• Love 1

It's the DVD music.  Not the original broadcast music.  For example, in "Higher Learning" when Brandon and Andrea are arguing in the courtyard of the school, it's supposed to be Depeche Mode's "Policy of Truth" playing -- not the crappy stand-in music.  Not to mention all of the music playing inside the Peach Pit is different.

I grew up on the show and the music is half of the fun for me.

• Love 1

I don't understand how Soapnet could use the original music, but TVGN can't?!?

SoapNet was willing to pony up more money than TVGN.  Given how much more time TVGN cuts from syndicated programming for commercials than average, that's pretty sad.

But this is supposed to be the non-show thread, so I guess this should go in the General Discussion/All Episodes thread (if we have one) or a new Music thread.

• Love 2

Hey gang, a few posts were moved to their correct season topics. Please remember (as it says in the pinned post)

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!