Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S03.E13: We Used to Be Friends

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Joao is so obnoxious. He and Hannah make the same confrontational immature choices. What did he think calling Hannah materialistic would do? Certainly not resolve things. Then why do it. Conrad was quite diplomatic in reminding Joao to be mindful of socializing with the guests and Joao the little shit had to run to Sandy. Conrad was also diplomatic with Hannah about why he has to have a better working relationship with Joao than she does.

 

22 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

And J-nah chit-chatting with the guests while he's supposed to be working. Then goes to Sandy, who clears him of any wrong doing, and okays him fraternizing with the guests (but gosh forbid Hannah be with the guests while working and serving them

Sandy is a HORRIBLE judge of character and she let Kasey and Joao have played her perfectly all season.  If I had my own Yacht (like that will ever happen) and I saw this season I would never trust her with my ship.  She know how to operate a ship but god know who she would dig up as her "trusty" crew.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, but can we please move to paper straws?  I know, then it'll be about the trees...

No winning the straw debate I guess.  Maybe I'll start carrying my own perma-straw.

While it's trendy to eschew straws, they are not really the problem.  The major problem is waste from commercial fishing in developing nations.  There needs to be more focus on responsibly sourced seafood than strawless lids at Starbucks.

2 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

 Not to mention they are standing around bishing vs actually working. OR Brooke is standing around flirting with Ja-nah vs working. 

Same could be said for Hannah and Conrad.

 

Just because Hannah earned her shit doesn't mean she in't materialistic.  I wonder if the editors have made sure to include all the label dropping to lead up to this.

Conrad may only be 23, but he's more mature than Hannah in a lot of ways.  She should heed his advice about not everything needing to be a blow up.

So Hannah hanging out in the kitchen with Adam taking selfies and eating bananas foster while Brooke was being run around doing turn-down and service at the same time was her planning excursions for the guests and provisioning, yeah?   "Mine is to boss you around, yours is to shut the fuck up and do the dishes" isn't really the best management philosophy, but we already knew Hannah is a shitty manager.

Adam's TH about being a dick was great.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Materialistic people typically aren't natural sharers, while we've frequently seen Hannah loan her clothes, shoes, jewelry to other cast mates. It was just another chance for Jaoaoaoo to take a dig at Hannah, which he's been doing from their first night out.  IMO, I think he came into the season thinking all the women on the ship would love him.  When it didn't work with Hannah, even worse she preferred his boss, he turned her into the enemy. Just look how nasty he was Kasey when he thought she was talking about him to Brooke. He hates all women who don't succumb to his charms.  

Oh Brooke., didn't you watch last season with Bugsy to see how this ends?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

There needs to be more focus on responsibly sourced seafood than strawless lids at Starbucks.

While I don't necessarily agree with criminalizing straws and plastic bags, I do believe there are better alternatives, and that attention to the issue can bring positive change.  The stupid rings around 6 packs, straws, bags, etc.

The Below Deck crew would no doubt agree that anything we can do, large or small, to effect healthier waters, is a good thing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1) I'm with Hannah on this: Brooke's a grunt. That she complains constantly that Hannah isn't doing "her share" as Brooke sees it, I want to throw her pathetic cloying doormat no ounce of self respect self overboard without a life preserver. "I'm the janitor and I'm gonna tell the vice president of the company he/she's not doing his/her fair share of the work around here."

Plus, I'm sure the editing is done to follow that narrative. Look there Btooke and Kasey working. Look there's Hannah on the dock smoking.

2) Creepy Adam with his idiot innuendos towards the female charter guest is very creepy as well as embarrassingly lame.

3) I'd give a thousand bucks to see Jowow get the living crap beat out of him.

4) Motivational speaker Guy.  You are a snake oil salesman getting rich selling bullshit to naive desperate people. You should've had god bless the boat so the wind would to die down for you.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Rebecca said:

You don’t have to be a spoiled princess to be materialistic and Hannah, you ARE materialistic.

But is it lost on Joaw that his girlfriend borrowed the name brand earrings so that might make her a tad materialist as well?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Recast the whole crew and Capn Sandy,too.  Loved the show at first but it's gone downhill every year.  Too much teen drama without the teens!  If I never have to hear Brook's croaky little early morning voice whining about something I'll be happy.  She is not interesting to me.  A total door mat and it makes me uncomfortable to listen to or watch her.  You just know she'll end up marrying an abuser and forgiving him over and over...

 

I don't really believe Conrad and Hannah are a thing at all.  I  see no real chemistry between them.  Seems like it's camera time driven and makes me cranky. I found myself FFing through most 'romantic' or flirty scenes with all the couples tonight.  

 

Adam is skeevy but has delivered better food this season.  I think I've just seen what he can do and it's time to bring in a fresh chef.  Next!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The Below Deck crew would no doubt agree that anything we can do, large or small, to effect healthier waters, is a good thing.

I don't know about that, they seem awfully fond of those stupid floating lanterns (maybe that's original BD and not Med though?)

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if Hannah is materialistic. Is it materialistic to care for your possessions and want to keep them and keep them nice? Then who isn't? I have some nice things and I'd hate to lose them to someone's carelessness. I still place people above things but I care for beautiful things.

I watched this show with a friend who laughed and said her boyfriend always knows when she's mad because she'll name her possessions. As in, "Don't spill on my Longchamp purse!" (I made up the brand name, I don't know what she has) but she buys and passes items along regularly. She doesn't hoard items, in fact she's the best about discarding stuff of anyone I know. So I'm not buying Hannah is any more "materialistic" than anyone else who has purchased their own stuff and would like it returned at the end of the evening.

But I'm guessing J-WOW's comment upset Hannah because it indicated Conrad had discussed their private (private??) conversation with his crew. 

I can certainly see Hannah is a terrible manager. I think she is a damaged person who has put up many walls to protect herself through the years and her emotional growth is stunted. If she were my friend I would advise her to leave yachting for a while and maybe work at a hotel as a concierge or a personal assistant to a celebrity. Put her skills to use where she can put down some roots and work on herself a bit. I just think she's neglected herself and the threads are fraying around the edges. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't know about that, they seem awfully fond of those stupid floating lanterns (maybe that's original BD and not Med though?)

Haven't noticed them this season.  Yeah, those things are ridiculous.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

But I'm guessing J-WOW's comment upset Hannah because it indicated Conrad had discussed their private (private??) conversation with his crew. 

I think everyone on the crew can see that she is materialistic without any conversations from Conrad.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm guessing it's the long hours with not enough sleep punctuated by nights off drinking, plus having a Jaoa around period - he makes me cranky after watching about 40 minutes of him once a week - but I really don't get the materialistic digs and reaction. For one thing, I think the nature of the job and the folks we've seen taking them (make money quickly to fund traveling the rest of the year), I'm guessing none of this approach the job like a not-for-profit where they go home and flop on their Craigslist couch with a bottle of two buck chuck. It has to be that they're irritable and also duty-bound to make entertaining television, right? If someone simply called me materialistic, I would shrug it off -- I live in a capitalist society, I like cute things, I get sad when things I enjoy get lost or broken, sure enough I like things, as well as people and places and my cats -- and it seems several levels lower than more targeted insults, like golddigger or vapid or a rich douchebag. As retrograde and offensive as it would be, it would be way more interesting if Jaoa and Conrad would just outright accuse her of being a golddigger or a label whore. As it is, these fights just seem deeply idiotic and not worth watching. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Look, I see nothing wrong with wanting or having nice things. I also respect the fact and (believe) that she has worked hard most of her life.  It may be partly a function of being in a service position with affluent clientele and aspiring to that lifestyle.  What betrays Hannah is her constant label dropping.  New (or no) money screams, Old (lots) of money, whispers.  It's in very poor taste to call out labels, high end cars, etc...  It is also clear to me that she feels marrying wealth is probably the only way she will ever attain that very affluent lifestyle (probably right, same for most of us middle class worker bees) and time is ticking, which is making her a little desperate maybe.   I  may recognize a bit of Hannah in my own (much younger) self, which is probably why it rubs me the wrong way so much!  Sorry for the hidden contents with nothing inside.  I don't know how I did that and I can't figure out how to delete it.  I got no spoilers!

Spoiler

 

Edited by nr65000 · Reason: too stupid to figure out how to remove spoiler box
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have nice things that I earned and I enjoy them, but I don't go around shouting "I'm going to put my Balenciaga in the BMW," instead of "I'm throwing my purse in the car," and I'd be embarrassed if I did.  The importance that Hannah puts on the labels outs her as liking them more as perceived status symbols and as being materialistic rather than just enjoying nice things.  There is a difference.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Brooke thinks she’s being picked on because she’s “dating” Joao (of course she doesn’t realize he’s trying to date Kasey even though he straight up told her that but back to her job...) Hannah has never inferred that she’s making Brooke “pay” for dating J just that she should be careful because he’s a jerk and everyone sees it but Brooke!  Hannah has a different job from stews 2 and 3.  It’s also why we don’t see Brooke camped out in the laundry, because laundry is Kasey’s job!  I think Brooke is just miserable because she’s “dating” J and just wants to be happy with him but Hannah’s the primary one pointing out he’s an ass and deep down Brooke knows it too.

 

Conrad and Hannah need to take a breath.  Why are they so serious after a couple weeks?  Good grief, have some fun and figure it out after the show.

 

i think Sandy backed off Hannah because Hannah probably threatened to quit and there’s no way to get a replacement in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Whether Brooke likes it or not, Hannah is her boss.  The boss gets to do whatever the boss wants to do.  She is absolutely right that she worked her way up the ladder to the top rung and now the people below her do the grunt work.  Brooke just feels sorry for herself because she s dating a jerk and everyone hates him.  Except Sandy!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I'm guessing Bravo has a big say, if not the final say, on who is on the cast?

So they chose these people for maximum drama, some looks, but mainly that they'd argue with each other.

I remember an old Kurt Vonnegut novel where this unsavory character as a boy would collect insects which are natural rivals or one is a predator and put them in the same bottle, shake it up to make them fight or for one to eat the other.

That seems to be Bravo's casting logic.

If they don't fight, the producers are sure to egg them on.

Hannah can't stand Joao and vice versa so why do they let what each other says get to them?  One dumb comment takes up that much of this episode?

I also wonder if other yacht crews have rules against fraternization.  On this one, they seem to encourage it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, scrb said:

also wonder if other yacht crews have rules against fraternization.  On this one, they seem to encourage it.

Nearly all of the cast on both shows have talked about relationships on none Bravo related charter jobs either by having one or by seeing it blow up and not want to have one so apparently not a lot of them do.

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/16/2018 at 8:20 AM, nr65000 said:

Look, I see nothing wrong with wanting or having nice things. I also respect the fact and (believe) that she has worked hard most of her life.  It may be partly a function of being in a service position with affluent clientele and aspiring to that lifestyle.  What betrays Hannah is her constant label dropping.  New (or no) money screams, Old (lots) of money, whispers.  It's in very poor taste to call out labels, high end cars, etc...  It is also clear to me that she feels marrying wealth is probably the only way she will ever attain that very affluent lifestyle (probably right, same for most of us middle class worker bees) and time is ticking, which is making her a little desperate maybe.   I  may recognize a bit of Hannah in my own (much younger) self, which is probably why it rubs me the wrong way so much!  

  Hide contents

 

hangs head

Guilty.  

says slightly defensively.....

But it's not just a purse.  It's a Dooney.  I can't explain why I believe my Dooneys  (because there is more than one) transcend being a purse and I must call them by name brand.  I.  Just.  Doo.  Ney.

leaves thread grumbling about how I realize I'm materialistic about beautiful colored, soft as a baby butt bags to carry my stuff in, but do I really want to change my ways and think of them as "just purses".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:
On 8/16/2018 at 8:20 AM, nr65000 said:

Look, I see nothing wrong with wanting or having nice things. I also respect the fact and (believe) that she has worked hard most of her life.  It may be partly a function of being in a service position with affluent clientele and aspiring to that lifestyle.  What betrays Hannah is her constant label dropping.  New (or no) money screams, Old (lots) of money, whispers.  It's in very poor taste to call out labels, high end cars, etc...  It is also clear to me that she feels marrying wealth is probably the only way she will ever attain that very affluent lifestyle (probably right, same for most of us middle class worker bees) and time is ticking, which is making her a little desperate maybe.   I  may recognize a bit of Hannah in my own (much younger) self, which is probably why it rubs me the wrong way so much!  

  Reveal hidden contents

 

hangs head

Guilty.  

says slightly defensively.....

But it's not just a purse.  It's a Dooney.  I can't explain why I believe my Dooneys  (because there is more than one) transcend being a purse and I must call them by name brand.  I.  Just.  Doo.  Ney.

leaves thread grumbling about how I realize I'm materialistic about beautiful colored, soft as a baby butt bags to carry my stuff in, but do I really want to change my ways and think of them as "just purses".

LOL....I definitely feel like there is a "Dooney" exception to the rule!  I also believe that you probably don't go running around shouting (with the Dooney exception), "Watch out for my Chanel", Take care of my "Balenciaga", "My ex bought me an M3" etc!  Again, it's nice to have nice things and there is nothing wrong with taking pride in your beautiful things.  I personally love nice things and wish I could afford more nice things.  What I take exception to is the use of one's nice things to make other's feel "less than", or make ones self feel "better than".    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, dosodog said:

hangs head

Guilty.  

says slightly defensively.....

But it's not just a purse.  It's a Dooney.  I can't explain why I believe my Dooneys  (because there is more than one) transcend being a purse and I must call them by name brand.  I.  Just.  Doo.  Ney.

leaves thread grumbling about how I realize I'm materialistic about beautiful colored, soft as a baby butt bags to carry my stuff in, but do I really want to change my ways and think of them as "just purses".

I do this with my shoes. I am not trying to be an a-hole. I am just describing them. Like I would text my sister, “do you think this would go better with my gold loubs or my nude ones?”

Also, in Hannah’s defense, she often name drops her designers when people are fucking with her stuff. Like when they were putting her bag on Colin while he was sleeping, or Conrad was going to ruin her shirt with cake, or her earring almost gets lost. I would also be emphasizing the cost of my goods in those situations. I would not care about someone ruining an $8 forever 21 shirt nearly as much as a YSL one, so yeah, I might emphasize that the shirt is expensive so don’t ruin it. I don’t think that is bragging as much as warning the people who are potentially ruining or losing her stuff that it is important to her and it will be expensive to replace.

The only time she was was kind of a dick about it was when she dropped the M3 on Conrad. She admitted she did that to get a rise out of him. 

Also, we call our car “the Beamer.”  We called our last car “the Jeep.” And the cars before that by their (very low end) brand names as well. Maybe we are jerks?  

 

All-in-all I don’t know why she got so upset though. I probably would have just laughed in his face and said, “yeah I kind of am,” shrugging it off, or rolled my eyes.  The thing about Jwow though is, he is not the kind of person who will move on if you don’t take the bait. He will keep digging as deep as he needs to until he gets you. The only real method for dealing with him is avoidance, which is not possible in the boat. 

Edited by jkitty
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

These days, brand consciousness is pretty common.  After all, companies spend millions in marketing and advertising to establish and embellish the brand identities of their products.

But Hannah seems to have a thing for luxury brands.  If she's been around well-to-do clients and spent some time shopping in some of these glamorous locales, of course she's going to be aware of luxury and high fashion brands.

Anyone who's earned some money is going to want some of these fancy things.  How common is it for people who used to shop at Target move on to Sak's once they're making some money?

Now even for people who buy these nice things, maybe it's not so common to name-drop them on TV, or these days, social media, all the time.

But I don't know, can you be subtle or keep a low profile carrying around an LV bag or wearing $700 shoes?  Most people may not notice these items but there are certainly people who do.

If these things weren't noticed, then it wouldn't be good for the luxury brands.  They don't have to put a big logo or anything but the presumption is that people will notice.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Plus, I'm sure the editing is done to follow that narrative. Look there Btooke and Kasey working. Look there's Hannah on the dock smoking.

I agree that the editing is making Hannah look more lazy than she really is.  But I think her poor management skills are real.  She needs to communicate with Brooke and Kasey about what she's actually doing. Something like "I have to inventory the liquor and then I have my break. After that I need to arrange the provisions for the next charter and also they're going on a tour so I need to set that up. Then I will come check on how you are doing." Then they would understand more what her role is as head stewardess and that she really is working. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Isn't drooling always outside your mouth ? primary's statement about the bananas foster. I agree with the poster who said I wouldn't go on vacation only to have to listen to him drone on.   When I hit 40 I starting turning down  even a group meal out that had someone i found irritating included.  

My sweet practical  daughter in law admired a theme Doony not knowing the cost ( she shops target and second hand stores) and I want to at least get her the wallet that I know she would be happy with. The  guests  name was Lucy Pak 

Captain Sandy is easily fooled. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kate Chastain was on the Watch What Crappens podcast talking about last week's Below Deck ep, and she said something interesting.  Well, first, she said that she and Hannah have "different management styles," but yeah, I knew that.  But what she said is that she never sends the other two stews to go do something like cabins or laundry or other menial cleaning tasks together, because it inevitably leads to them complaining about her and wondering what she's doing.  And I do feel like we see Kate doing that kind of work, at least nominally, alongside a junior stewardess than we see Hannah.

But I also agree that better communication would help, Jsage.

One of my management philosophies is, "I would never ask you to do something that I'm not willing to do."  Not something I used to do but don't have to anymore.  Something I'm not willing to do today, even as your boss.  Yes, I worked my way up the ladder but I can still pitch in and some the scut work.  Hannah's philosophy seems to be, "I worked my way up the ladder so I don't have to do the scut work anymore."  She'd get along a lot better with her staff if they occasionally saw her doing the tedious parts of their jobs alongside them.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Adam IS an asshole, and an ignorant chef as well. It is a myth that freezing food kills bacteria.

Freezing foods renders bacteria inactive but doesn’t actually kill anything. That means if your food went into the freezer contaminated, once thawed it will still harbor the same harmful bacteria. Cooking it to the recommended temperature is the only way to ensure that your food is safe.

There’s no way I’d eat his food and I bet it’s safe to say he has given at least 1 or 2 guests food poisoning due to his stupidity. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, jkitty said:

I do this with my shoes. I am not trying to be an a-hole. I am just describing them. Like I would text my sister, “do you think this would go better with my gold loubs or my nude ones?”

Also, in Hannah’s defense, she often name drops her designers when people are fucking with her stuff. Like when they were putting her bag on Colin while he was sleeping, or Conrad was going to ruin her shirt with cake, or her earring almost gets lost. I would also be emphasizing the cost of my goods in those situations. I would not care about someone ruining an $8 forever 21 shirt nearly as much as a YSL one, so yeah, I might emphasize that the shirt is expensive so don’t ruin it. I don’t think that is bragging as much as warning the people who are potentially ruining or losing her stuff that it is important to her and it will be expensive to replace.

The only time she was was kind of a dick about it was when she dropped the M3 on Conrad. She admitted she did that to get a rise out of him. 

Also, we call our car “the Beamer.”  We called our last car “the Jeep.” And the cars before that by their (very low end) brand names as well. Maybe we are jerks?  

 

All-in-all I don’t know why she got so upset though. I probably would have just laughed in his face and said, “yeah I kind of am,” shrugging it off, or rolled my eyes.  The thing about Jwow though is, he is not the kind of person who will move on if you don’t take the bait. He will keep digging as deep as he needs to until he gets you. The only real method for dealing with him is avoidance, which is not possible in the boat. 

Yeah, I have to agree.  I always assumed she was using it as an emphasis about not harming her stuff than bragging about it.  You can sure as hell bet if I’m carrying a YSL bag that costs $5k that I’m going to shout, “Don’t put my YSL bag on him!” 

We also refer to our cars by the brand names.  We used to have a Porsche Cayenne and I got mad at my husband when he got in an accident with it and was shouting on the phone, “You hit another car with the PORSCHE???  WHY NOT THE FORD???  WHY THE PORSCHE?”  Like, seriously.  Go be reckless with the Explorer. It works well for living over here.  Not so much when we live in the US because then we pretty much only drive Hondas (love love LOVE Hondas-they last forever!). So then we go by the model.  LOL. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/17/2018 at 4:09 PM, Jsage said:

I agree that the editing is making Hannah look more lazy than she really is.  But I think her poor management skills are real.  She needs to communicate with Brooke and Kasey about what she's actually doing. Something like "I have to inventory the liquor and then I have my break. After that I need to arrange the provisions for the next charter and also they're going on a tour so I need to set that up. Then I will come check on how you are doing." Then they would understand more what her role is as head stewardess and that she really is working. 

I'm coming from a position of corporate America, which for me is Cubicle City versus a boat you can't escape from, yet I wonder how justified Brooke and Kasey would be if they asked Hannah to spend time detailing her job just to prove to them that she works (it would go over horribly with my boss). It would be fun to watch, though. The little bit with Brooke and Hannah at the end already showed how Brooke is already predisposed not to assign any value to what Hannah does (or says).

Ah, Adam. As another poster said, just because a woman talks to you, it doesn't mean she wants to dig past your crazy eyes. Even if she's wearing a bikini top and smiling. Christ.

Hannah could say "don't use my fork" to Joao as he plucks it out of her hand, and he'd squall "Materialistic!!!" Bah.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/15/2018 at 5:15 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

While it's trendy to eschew straws, they are not really the problem.  The major problem is waste from commercial fishing in developing nations.  There needs to be more focus on responsibly sourced seafood than strawless lids at Starbucks.

 

Here's a fantastic article you can use that blends how the straw ban is ableist with how it won't do anything.   https://theestablishment.co/straw-ban-ableism/ .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Trust, I've seen several links on Facebook to articles about the straw ban being ableist.  There's also the thing where Starbuck's new strawless lids actually use more plastic.  I love watching the chaos that ensues because no one wants to hurt turtles but they also don't want to keep people with ALS from drinking.  

 

On topic, no one is going to convince me that Hannah's label name dropping isn't gauche.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jsage - I have no problem with the boss pitching in when needed with the grunt work, which I did more than once in my managerial life (down to mopping a floor or painting a room).  However, totally disagree with the idea of having to tell your subordinates what you, the supervisor, are doing. The scope of a supervisor's job would make this a waste of precious time.  They need to focus on THEIR jobs.  Do the job for which you were hired, do it well and be part of the solution.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Elleinad213 said:

Can someone please tell me when did Colin reveal his feelings for Brooke in this episode? Did I miss something?

He's going to do it next week! I think it was in the preview tonight! It was playing over my shoulder and I believe I caught of glimpse of them together and Brooke had a shocked look on her face! Not sure anything came of it since Colin's been on "WWHL" a few weeks ago and it didn't seem like any dynamics had changed with him pining away in silence until now! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/20/2018 at 11:14 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

 

On topic, no one is going to convince me that Hannah's label name dropping isn't gauche.

Thank you!  It is gauche and gross.  I understand needing to identify something ("are you driving the porsche today?") is normal, versus "don't touch my GUCCI!!!"  I feel second hand embarrassment for people saying the brand name. 

I grew up in an old money town, with the understanding that you never speak it.  The people who speak it NEED for people to hear it, because it is new to them.  I like nice things, I love nice things - but I would rather people notice.  The right people notice, and the people who don't wouldn't care anyway.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

He's going to do it next week! I think it was in the preview tonight! It was playing over my shoulder and I believe I caught of glimpse of them together and Brooke had a shocked look on her face! Not sure anything came of it since Colin's been on "WWHL" a few weeks ago and it didn't seem like any dynamics had changed with him pining away in silence until now! ;-)

The one thing that got me excitedly to watch this episode was that it said that and it wasnt even in the episode. SO upsetting!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2018 at 11:26 PM, Rebecca said:

You don’t have to be a spoiled princess to be materialistic and Hannah, you ARE materialistic. Not because you don’t want your earring to be lost but because you seem obsessed with having “expensive” brands (and making sure everyone around knows you have them) and money. I’ve never heard anyone name drop brands like that as much as she does. That fact that Joao is also a raging asshole doesn’t change that fact.

Regardless of whether Hannah is or isn't materialistic, I'm still puzzled - very puzzled - as to why Joao feels the burning need to inform her that she is. He actually said he was going to "call her out" on it and tell her she was. Why? Seriously, why? Is she hurting anyone? Is she doing anything illegal? Is her "materialistic" behavior going to cause the yacht to sink? 

If you're in a relationship (re: Conrad) and it's harming said relationship, then perhaps the individual being harmed can/should/might say something. But otherwise? Who the hell's business is it how Hannah is in regards to money/wealth/stuff? Joao seemingly hates Conrad, they aren't buds, he isn't even being an idiot trying to "protect his bro" (UGH) - so why is this douche so hell-bent on telling Hannah she's materialistic? I'm considerably perplexed.

This episode made it glaringly clear to me that Hannah has a lot of demons regarding relationships. This woman has been hurt in massive ways for her to be so maniacally insecure, especially this early in a relationship. This has been what, like a month? And they are already fighting like this? Wow. Just wow. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size