Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Week 2: Part 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rainsong said:

Wills’ high opinion of himself was in inverse proportion to everyone else’s actual opinion of him. 

Exactly.  He had this "too cool for school" attitude that annoyed me to no end.  He was no fun at all so I'm glad he's gone.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I liked it when this show was the Bachelor Pad and it was about having fun, hooking up and winning money. This intense pressure on being “Jade and Tanner” makes everyone seem tense and desperate. 

THIS!!!!!!!!!!  My stepson is new to the BIP franchise and was asking about it last night, so I explained about it and then lamented the late, great Bachelor Pad.  He said that BIP sounds like kindergarten, but with sex and alcohol.

10 hours ago, kira28 said:

I can't stand Tia. I don't care what Colton does to her. The guy gang up on Colton was so immature and dumb! They acted like 13 year old girls. Colton owes Tia nothing. Plenty of people go on dates kiss the other then  figure out they are not interested in that person. Case in point... Tia! She was all over Chris, kissing him all Colton who? Then flipped a switch when Colton got there. If Chris wants to get his panties in a bunch over someone leading someone on maybe he should look at the witch nosed hag named Tia who is clearly using him in a pathetic attempt to make Colton jealous.

Yes, it's clear that Tia is actually doing what the Goose Gang is accusing Colton of theoretically planning to do.

10 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I am really liking Kendall.  What a breath of fresh air!  I like her with Joe, but think she’s a better match for John.

I was very surprised that she picked Joe.  She matches up better with John intellectually, but clearly there was something missing with John or she would have picked him!

2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Bibiana is my new favorite, and I can't stand her. She screwed all of them by picking Colton. Hilarious. 

Love the wording that someone is your favorite and you can't stand her...and I totally agree!!!!

58 minutes ago, RosieRose221 said:

Future Chris =Clay on "Sons of Anarchy" - Am I right?

Spot on...actually eerie!

55 minutes ago, Rainsong said:

These boys’ Bro Code manual was apparently translated to Chinese and back again, resulting in a twisted, confusing, non-idiomatic version in which they gang up on a Bro and actually believe that they can talk him out of his attraction to one or more girls with their specious ‘logic.’ 

Love that analogy, and will use it in my personal life! 

6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Exactly.  He had this "too cool for school" attitude that annoyed me to no end.  He was no fun at all so I'm glad he's gone.

Yes.  I have never understood the Wills love, other than his epic take-down of Chris when he wanted more time with Becca.  Other than that...snooze.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm all about Kenny now. Liked him when he was on B-ette, like him even more now. Hottie McHotness!

I can never get past his prolonged f* bomb-laden rant to racist Lee on the 1-on-1, and how he constantly let the guy get the better of him over and over again.  I understand that he was emotional, but for all the over-wrought talk about his daughter, he should have kept the role-model thing in mind better.  

14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Let Annaliese figure out Jordan herself, David needs to chill out.

Annaliese looks anxious 24x7, even when she's happy.  I decided that rather than RBF, she has RAF.  Also, Jordan is just super awkward with women.  He didn't really ask Annaliese out on a date, so much as inform her of a set of circumstances that happened to involve her.

14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm liking Jordan, and I never thought I would be saying that. He actually looks good, his hair works well in that humid environment and his non-date was sweet. Plus he asked Annalise about herself without turning the convo back on himself *coughBeccacough* and was interested in and reacting to what SHE said. Holy smokes!

I have to disagree about Jordan and the convo.  When he found out she was an artist, he didn't ask her about what kind, what she does, why she likes it, or anything like that.  He just reacted about how he feels about admiring artists.  Although I will concede that it was still a step farther than Becca ever went in her convos.

• Love 15

The only thing I liked about Becca showing up was her orange dress, although it could have been longer, maybe a few inches above the knee.  I'm tired of seeing her in short outfits.  Yes, Becca, we know you've got long legs.   

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

The only thing I liked about Becca showing up was her orange dress, although it could have been longer, maybe a few inches above the knee.  I'm tired of seeing her in short outfits.  Yes, Becca, we know you've got long legs.   

That was actually a skort-romper. You could see that it was shorts from the back. It would have been really difficult to sit down in a dress that length. :)

• Love 2
13 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I want those 70 minutes of my life back. I'm not here for dumb and dumber hogging the screen. Please tell me they're both eaten by a shark or chased away by crabs.

Bye Wills, you're too pure for paradise. 

After watching Dolton's audition, bring on Jason, Blake, Higgins. Anyone else as the Bach.

Damn, it's like Becca and Tia are attached at the hip or something. They're more of a package deal than Britt and Kaitlyn were during the "Choose Your Own Bachelorette" debacle. A Bachelorette has never arrived solo in Paradise straight off her season (right?), and I've never seen an also-ran like Tia take so much screen time. What does she have on producers?

Poor Wills! I'm convinced he'll never be Bachelor now. He needed a strong arc here. Why didn't producers push for him, given his popularity? He's way more popular than Colton!

I'm not even mad at Colton - it's Tia who's grating on my nerves. The guy dated you for two months, went on the Bachelorette, and fell in love with someone else. He never thought about you until you put yourself in his face on multiple occasions and wrangled yourself enough camera time to bitch about still having feelings for him. He never even had an opportunity to tell Tia he didn't share them before Becca sent him home. So now, everyone is pretending Colton is stringing her along. He isn't. He's been very clear that he sees her as one of many options. Read: She is not special to him.

This infuriates Tia. That makes sense. So just move on already, and stop dragging down the whole show and inciting a gang-up on the guy for not liking you enough. If he's still in love with Becca, that's for him to deal with. But he is clearly not into you, Tia. And neither are we.

They're trying to create a villain out of thin air. I don't see this as a Bachelor audition at all - it's an attack on a dude who won't pretend to like a producer favorite. Tia is controlling this narrative and it's driving me bananas.

Bibi is now my favorite for giving Colton that rose. Rock on with your mic drops, Bibs!

Jason and Blake are now in prime running spot for Bachelor. I don't think TPTB are dipping into the archives when you have two such strong candidates and Colton's edit is pure awfulness. Grocer Joe, though likable and handsome and visually charming, doesn't have even the limited vocabulary required to be Bachelor. He makes Nick - who does seem intelligent at least - come off as a Yale scholar. I'd take another Nick season before I sign up for freaking Ben Higgins again. 

I like Krystal and Jordan a whole lot this time around. Still can't stand Yuki. Wells continues to be adorable. Love Kendall even more and I like seeing Grocer Joe on my TV each week. This will be much better when Tia takes her drama with her and swims out to sea.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 22

Tia is absolutely infuriating. I don't know why any guy would be into her. She's unattractive in every way imaginable.

I didn't really like Colton on Becca's season but they're really giving him the gears, eh? Guy still has done nothing wrong. Sure, I do think he's keeping Tia in his back pocket, but he's been pretty transparent about it and it's up to Tia to make a decision. It's so pathetic to see that if Colton showed her the slightest bit of interest that she would drop whatever guy she was with just for the chance.

Becca coming on is ridiculous. The producers are wildly out of touch. Many people are saying this is a Bachelor edit for Colton. I'm not so sure I agree, but then again they did humiliate Becca before making her the Bachelorette.

I know it's purely producer driven, but it really rankled me that Becca decided to go up to talk to Colton. She should have asked one of the guys if he was cool with it, first.

• Love 10

Not to harp on Tia and Colton (because that's exactly what the producers want us to do) but wasn't she keeping Chris in her back pocket in case Colton didn't work out?  She can take several seats.

On to other thoughts:

Krystal was not into that sweaty kiss from Kenny and to be honest, I wouldn't either even though I find him attractive.   The sweat was too much for me.  I hope Kenny sticks around but I have a feeling he doesn't.   He just seems so genuine and into having a fun, drama-free time. I also liked how he apologized for his rant against Lee and clarified he was sorry for the profanity and not the reason for the rant.  As for Krystal, she's not bugging me yet.  She actually seemed fun and loose on this date.

Loving Joe and Kendall! I wish they focus on their conversations more.   For that matter, we are missing out on a lot of conversations/interactions due to the T&C crap.   Who knows if Wills was silent or if he was actively seeking out friends because we weren't shown anything.  Same with Eric and Nyesha.  

Anyways,  I really hope it is not one whole season of everyone questioning if Colton is there for the right reasons because no-one should be there for the right reasons.  

• Love 18

This show used to be less scripted and a lot more fun.   You could get wasted and hook up which would be fun to watch....but then those 2 people whose names I've already forgotten had to go and ruin the show for everyone else.   Now we get measured pours on a timer and a bunch of people who have to fake connect to get a rose to stay longer.   The show has lost it's campiness, lighthearted appeal and spontaneity to hook up for no reason other than stars , water and booze.

• Love 15

Not everyone agrees here.  I think Colton would be a good bachelor and would definitely watch.  and Wills?  Eww. what is the appeal?  He is a boring, half-asleep, creepster who looks like he matches his clothes with Garanimal tags.  So glad he is gone.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Poor Chelsea, having to choose between Nick and David!?!?

Why on earth did she give David a rose? If you're not paired up, just give the damn rose to Wills, who made the fatal error of being an observer. The roses are basically a game of musical chairs, you can't sit back and hope one is still free at the end. Definitely glad the blonde jackass (I guess that was Nick?) is gone. 

David and his go-to line of "Jordan is settling for you" is creeping me out. Beyond the obsession with Jordan, who appears to have no interest in prolonging the alleged feud and is dorking around on his own terms, the choice to insinuate that these women aren't good enough has a distinct whiff of "negging" to it. Like David can't actually relate to a woman in a straightforward way, he has to play the friend role first and in the process, plant seeds of insecurity in hopes they'll think they're not good enough and fall back in the arms of the "friend" who was there for them. It's so gross and I want him gone. 

I can't stand Tia. I don't care what Colton does to her. The guy gang up on Colton was so immature and dumb! They acted like 13 year old girls. Colton owes Tia nothing. Plenty of people go on dates kiss the other then  figure out they are not interested in that person. Case in point... Tia! She was all over Chris, kissing him all Colton who? Then flipped a switch when Colton got there. If Chris wants to get his panties in a bunch over someone leading someone on maybe he should look at the witch nosed hag named Tia who is clearly using him in a pathetic attempt to make Colton jealous.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Chris feels like he won in that scenario, he's the very definition of sloppy seconds who only got the rose because Colton didn't give Tia what she wanted. 

I did laugh out loud at the scene of the relatively tiny Chris, Jordan, and blonde guy I hate getting each other all riled up with Short Guy Indignance, when big Colton strolls up all calm and friendly and all of their bluster completely evaporated. The visual was classic. And their arguments just got sillier and sillier when they confronted him. It's like when you have a debate in an echo chamber of like-minded people and then you all step out into a wider, more diverse group and realize that you never considered the other side at all, but continue to cling to your own opinions regardless of any valid counterpoints. 

I'm liking Jordan, and I never thought I would be saying that. He actually looks good, his hair works well in that humid environment and his non-date was sweet. Plus he asked Annalise about herself without turning the convo back on himself *coughBeccacough* and was interested in and reacting to what SHE said. Holy smokes!

I have to disagree about Jordan and the convo.  When he found out she was an artist, he didn't ask her about what kind, what she does, why she likes it, or anything like that.  He just reacted about how he feels about admiring artists.  Although I will concede that it was still a step farther than Becca ever went in her convos.

Totally agree. She couldn't even finish a sentence because Jordan was absolutely determined to be INTERESTED and AMAZED by every word. She could have said she skinned puppies for fun and his reaction would probably not have wavered because he'd planned it before she even spoke. He's definitely the type who listens for his turn to talk, not to what people are saying. He's always got a canned answer.

I will say that he's coming off marginally more likable here though. 

Go Venmo. Cute, mature, ambitious. How are these dimwits not swarming this guy?

If this is about John, I'd say the awkwardness is what's keeping the crowd at bay. Seems like a perfectly nice guy, but such a dork. He would probably be a great life partner, but he's not the one people are going to flock to for a hook-up. 

There's  an Angela?

Oh, Angela. Apparently an early bootee from some season, not sure which, and clearly not making a splash here either. Colton's utterly transparent "well, I guess this loser doesn't have anybody so her rose is my last shot" pitch shows where Angela falls in the BiP pecking order. I'll expect to see her make an unceremonious exit when the guys hand out the roses, especially since she didn't save Colton. Can't remember who she did pick, but I have a feeling they won't be returning the favor. 

• Love 13

I can't believe that this show made me side with Colton.  It's evil I tell you, evil!  So unrealistic that by the end of the second day everyone is supposed to know who their forever person is from the selection available at the bar.  Tia was surprised! that her revelation of kissing Chris did not send Colton into a proposal frenzy.  I loved her look of disbelief when he didn't get all jealous after she told him that.  I so side with Colton's perspective of seeing who is there and if he wants to pursue something with someone.  I maintain that he blames Tia for his dismissal from Becca's season (you know, Tia's statement to Becca that she was sick to her stomach because of her feels for Colton).  Tia was quick to make out with Chris on their date but then accuses Colton of wanting to pursue other relationships.  I was so tickled that Bibiana kept Colton because it figuratively caused everyone's heads to explode.  Tia was all indignant about Bibiana keeping Colton and I loved it!  Although I'm not a Bibiana fan, I certainly became one when she kept Colton.

I really wish they hadn't included Becca.  When speaking with Tia, Becca asked if Colton was still kind of wishy washy.  I did not know where that came from.  Colton seemed all in with Becca, and he wasn't being wishy washy with Tia-he very clearly stated that he wanted to explore other options.  And, in all of the history of all of the iterations of The Bachelor, Colton is one of the very few who actually shed tears when crying.  Go figure...

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I don't get it, is the only way Tia can talk to Colton is if they are on TV? If they were seriously interested in each other they would have talked after Becca's season and before Paradise.

Nope. For desperate famewhores there is no point to life if it’s not being filmed and broadcast.

That’s how we separate them from the normal people.

• Love 7

I hate Colton, but I do not get why he is supposed to be Tia's property. They dated, they broke up. Isn't that kind of the main sign that "he's just not into you"?

3 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I was so tickled that Bibiana kept Colton because it figuratively caused everyone's heads to explode. 

Bibiana is my new hero. Seriously, at this point I am sick of the "romance" I want some shit stirring up in here and Bibi is more than happy to provide. I think she knows her love match isn't here so why not have a little devilish fun. lol

Seriously, all this middle school drama is boring. Colton has to date Tia because....they went out before? WTF kind of logic is that? Because she likes him? Um, doesn't he get a say in that? Ugh. I blame Ashley I for this. Her persistence finally wore her target down. Now, if these morons can't Jade and Tanner, they're gonna Ashley I their way into infamy.

I wish they had focused more on Kendall and John/Joe. That's a love triangle I'm actually invested in, since I actually like all three of them.

I zone out every time Tia and or Colton are on screen, and actually have to mute Tia now because I just can't with her anymore. I didn't make it through this whole ep because of her actually. I kept waiting for the talk with Colton to end. It didn't seem like it ever was going to, so I went to sleep.

If Kendall gave Joe her rose, can someone tell me who gave John one? I only know Nick and Wills left so I'm guessing John is still there.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

If Kendall gave Joe her rose, can someone tell me who gave John one? I only know Nick and Wills left so I'm guessing John is still there.

Angela gave her rose to Venmo John which was a surprise but then they might be on their way to love but we'd never know cause we've never seen them together.  Kinda like Nysha & Eric, like why were people sure she was giving hers to Eric when we've never seen them.  Guess its cause their names aren't Tia or Colton.   Sigh.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I hate Colton, but I do not get why he is supposed to be Tia's property. They dated, they broke up. Isn't that kind of the main sign that "he's just not into you"?

I'm with you on this part (and he fell "in love" with another person). But the first thing he did upon arriving was go on a date and make out with Tia. 
So I get her confusion at least. 

My favorite moment was when Tia said, "I'm not here to be some guy's third or fourth choice." Um, Tia dear, what place did you come in on Arie's season?

I think The Bachelor Franchise is dying from the DTs. Not enough alcohol is draining the life out of every version of the show. 

• Love 7

i cant with Colton. I hate to say this, but the way he moves his mouth while he talks.... his slight lisp is SUPER SUPER annoying 

6 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

My favorite moment was when Tia said, "I'm not here to be some guy's third or fourth choice." Um, Tia dear, what place did you come in on Arie's season?

I think The Bachelor Franchise is dying from the DTs. Not enough alcohol is draining the life out of every version of the show. 

DTs?

• Love 2

Watched this crapfest last night and was particularly pissed when Becca waltzed down the stairs with her two handed wave "hi guys" shit.  First of all, I hate two handed waves.  Second of all, not a fan of Becca when she was on the Bachelorette.  Number three, I was pissed at my German shepherd stealing my chair when I left for a few minutes, and not in a good mood the rest of the show.   But what the hell is she doing there giving advice?  Is she still engaged?  Go away for God's sake.

Forgot to add that I cannot stand Tia anymore.  The constant upvoice/talk and the like word everywhere!!! Colton was actually using the like word too.  I was drinking Mad Dog and would have been completely shit-faced if I drank a sip every time that word was used inappropriately like I told my husband "take a sip when this happens."  I finally had to slow down.

Edited by Thorkim
Forgot the other reason I was pissed.
  • Love 9

DTs=delirium tremens - the thing that makes alcohol withdrawal so dangerous without medical management.

You know - I don't mind a little producer manipulation if they're upfront about it. The problem is on all of the Bachelor franchise shows, they try to hide it and make the drama look organic. I've been watching Love Island, the British version of BiP on Hulu and production blatantly interferes with the contestants and tells you they do, so instead of being "who me?" about production interference, their attitude is, "ain't I a stinker?" It actually is pretty amusing and they don't assume their audience is so stupid they won't recognize production interference when it happens. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 4

Hey @Rainsong Whoa... I remember when I was a kid, we had a station wagon that had an 8-track player (yes, I know...) and it came with a sampler 8-track with it that had Midnight at the Oasis on it. I can hear it now... ps nice Cure ref. as well.

5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Also, Jordan is just super awkward with women.  He didn't really ask Annaliese out on a date, so much as inform her of a set of circumstances that happened to involve her.

That's a great description. I also loved the 'describe how great everything is about the moment while still in the moment' style convo they were having at the water's edge. "I know this is really going very well and that's great!" (approx) He's not a dazzling conversationalist that's for sure. Awkward!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That was actually a skort-romper. You could see that it was shorts from the back. It would have been really difficult to sit down in a dress that length. :)

Oh, I didn't even notice that it was a skort.  I looked at her as briefly as possible before I changed the channel, lol.  I still think she wants to show off her legs at every opportunity though.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:
17 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I am really liking Kendall.  What a breath of fresh air!  I like her with Joe, but think she’s a better match for John.

I was very surprised that she picked Joe.  She matches up better with John intellectually, but clearly there was something missing with John or she would have picked him.

Maybe she knew someone else would pick John and she didn’t want to be the one to reject poor sweet Joe on the first night (again!)

• Love 1

The way I see the Tia/Colton thing is like this:  They went on a date or two or three.  they hung out.   It wasn't LOVE, because if it was, he wouldn't have gone on the Bachelorette.  SO he went, he fell for Becca, Becca rejected him.  

At some point during the Bachelorette, Tia started thinking about Colton.  To Tia, he is "the one who got away, maybe the love of my life, but we never had a chance to see."  To Colton, Tia is "A girl I dated a couple of times."   Tia goes on BiP hoping that Colton is there, so they can pick up where they left off, and live happily ever after.  Colton goes on BiP to mend his broken heart, maybe hook up with someone, but no real expectations.  Tia gets there first, so her version is the version everyone hears first, and everyone feels sorry for her.  When Colton joins the show, he sees Tia as just one of the women on the show, the only one he really knows.  He's not feeling any loyalty to her, because, why would he?  THEY BROKE UP.   So the guys surround him and demand that he decide RIGHT  NOW, does he want Tia or not, is he here to find love and get married, and if so, does he have Tia in mind?   Colton is confused, because isn't BiP one big beach party?   And why is it a big deal that he kissed someone else?  This is the Bachelor/bachelorette franchise - they're used to dating someone who was swapping spit with someone else 30 minutes ago!  

So while Colton is trying to figure  out why they are acting like he's the villain who broke Tia's heart, they bring in the one who broke HIS heart, and Colton can't deal with all the pressure.  He could probably handle dating a few women at the same time, but he can't deal with having everyone judge him for doing it.   He might actually do OK as the Bachelor, where he's not pressured to be with someone because SHE has feelings for HIM.  

• Love 18

I’m relatively new posting on this forum, and have been guilty watching this crap fest on my own for a few years, my husband doesn’t get it. It’s nice to know that there’s a lot of people that agree on a few things:

1. We found ourselves defending Colton much to our own surprise and Tia should just go away.

2. Were annoyed that the whole Tia/Colton took up so much air time, when there was so many other fun things to focus on.

3. Really, Becca, why?????

4. Jordan was yet again entertaining, but to me was not as self focused as he was on the bachelorette. But man, he makes me laugh.

5. David is still attacking Jordan (that “Jordan is settling” comment yet again...) - dude, What’s your deal? Gorgeous women and you’re talking about Jordan? & you live with you mom, so there’s that...

6. This is too producer driven vs. the organic stupidity I look forward to after a long day at work. IMHO The issues from last summer resulted in the over correction of too much alcohol to hardly any alcohol.

7. Many of us are thrilled Bibiana saved Colton, even though we’re not big fans of hers. 

8. We want more entertainment then we’ve been given so far.

9. Not thrilled about the “bachelor” edit given to Colton. Personally I’m ambivalent about Colton, but I want an articulate person as the next bachelor.

Okay, these are qualitative observations, but being the StatsQueen I am, I think a quantitative study is called for. 

• Love 15

'Tia has such a punchable face .. and I agree with Colton in this situation and I'm not sure if we as viewers are missing something but why isn't he allowed to explore his options ? If she was so bent on being with only him , then why go on the show ? Isnt the point of the show to meet and date a bunch of different people until you find one you connect with ? Everyone is badmouthing Colton as if he ever said he wanted to be with tia .. he went on beccas season . If he wanted to be with you , he has your number . And then he told becca he wasn't interested in tia , and tia was the one who decided to embarrass herself and go on tv to admit her feelings to becca about Colton . Colton never once expressed interest in her , and in fact said he wasn't interested . 

Also , isn't she the one leading chris on ? Meanwhile she's just using him until Colton decides he wants to be with her (which is never gonna happen ) . So looks like she's hypocritical along with being annoying . 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:
20 hours ago, kira28 said:

Yes, it's clear that Tia is actually doing what the Goose Gang is accusing Colton of theoretically planning to do.

I KNOW!

5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Seriously, all this middle school drama is boring. Colton has to date Tia because....they went out before? WTF kind of logic is that? Because she likes him? Um, doesn't he get a say in that?

I was saying the same thing to myself.

5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Tia was surprised! that her revelation of kissing Chris did not send Colton into a proposal frenzy.

And now we are back to the top of my post with the quote by @kira28.  I don't get the Colton hate.  He said he needed time.  He told the guys they could go after Tia if they wanted to.  He gives Tia more niceness than I would have.  She blew up his game with Becca.  She tries to make him jealous, which is fine by the group.  She basically calls the villagers to gather their torches because he isn't responding to her the way she wants.  Chris is the leader with the torches which makes him an idiot for she is playing him.

Colton was being honest like we all want our dates to be.  Tia is the game player and what to run the show.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

This is too producer driven vs. the organic stupidity I look forward to after a long day at work. IMHO The issues from last summer resulted in the over correction of too much alcohol to hardly any alcohol.

I wonder if the over producing is also part of the fallout from Hottubgate, along with the weak drinks. Like the producers are afraid of what might happen if they aren't controlling every second of the show so they aren't letting anything just happen. IDK, it has ruined the fun of the show completely. It's like they all know the role they are meant to play and are playing it which is boring. If I'm going to watch scripted drama I want to watch good scripted drama, not this crapfest. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

'Tia has such a punchable face .. and I agree with Colton in this situation and I'm not sure if we as viewers are missing something but why isn't he allowed to explore his options ? If she was so bent on being with only him , then why go on the show ? Isnt the point of the show to meet and date a bunch of different people until you find one you connect with ? Everyone is badmouthing Colton as if he ever said he wanted to be with tia .. he went on beccas season . If he wanted to be with you , he has your number . And then he told becca he wasn't interested in tia , and tia was the one who decided to embarrass herself and go on tv to admit her feelings to becca about Colton . Colton never once expressed interest in her , and in fact said he wasn't interested . 

Also , isn't she the one leading chris on ? Meanwhile she's just using him until Colton decides he wants to be with her (which is never gonna happen ) . So looks like she's hypocritical along with being annoying . 

Yes Jaclyn, yes!

• Love 1

This thing with becca is ridiculous . They expect me to believe Colton was soooo in love with becca after knowing her a few weeks as she's dating 25 other guys ..oook .. he had what 2 dates with her ?.. and he's a virgin .. and he's Mr. Perfect wrapped up in a bow .. meanwhile his eyes say differently. I wouldn't really believe this storyline with anyone , but I especially don't believe it with him . There's no sincerity whatsoever in his eyes . He says all the right words , but doesnt ever look the part . The standing on the beach , trying so hard to push out the tear when he probably just poured sand in his eyes so he'd tear up is comical . He needs to cut the goody two shoes act . And why is the show still revolving around tia and Colton ? They went on ONE freakin date ( two if you include the paradise one .) ... these producers beat every single storyline to death . 

I actually sense that Colton is gay . Just a feeling I have . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

You know - I don't mind a little producer manipulation if they're upfront about it. The problem is on all of the Bachelor franchise shows, they try to hide it and make the drama look organic. I've been watching Love Island, the British version of BiP on Hulu and production blatantly interferes with the contestants and tells you they do, so instead of being "who me?" about production interference, their attitude is, "ain't I a stinker?" It actually is pretty amusing and they don't assume their audience is so stupid they won't recognize production interference when it happens. 

Thank you very much, I say with a bit of scorn.  I just added Love Island to my Hulu list.

• Love 4

Wow, they really are ramping up the blatantly manufactured drama this time, aren't they? I am beyond over this Tia-Colton nonsense. Particularly as I could have sworn that at one point it was said that they actually only went on one date. One fairly substantial date, but just one. Did I make that up? Regardless, it definitely doesn't seem like it was a very long "relationship," and he's clearly over it, and she therefore needs to move on. Her pre-rose ceremony chat with him was brutal. In case all the other signs didn't clue you in, dear, when he told you flat out that he was not bothered by the thought of you kissing someone else? There's your answer. You can harangue him all you want, but that's really it. Ugh. At least she did ultimately give her rose to someone else, which almost gives me some glimmer of hope that this won't just be an entire season of her pining after someone who clearly doesn't want her and trying to browbeat him into wanting her.

The only other thing I'll note is that while David didn't make any particular impression one way or the other in the actual show, his intro segment horrified me. I don't even care if some of that was meant ironically; there was clearly enough truth in it to make me run far far away if I were presented with such an option. He and Corinne seem like they could get on quite nicely with her nanny and his mother taking care of them.

• Love 10

I was so very relieved and pleasantly surprised when we saw almost none of Tia and Colton for the first half of the episode, but then it all went downhill. I too am furious that they've made me side with Colton on something. What does Tia want, a goddamn pity rose?! He straight up told her he wanted to date around and made it very clear she is not the first choice she wants to be, and so she basically warns him that he may want to reconsider and tell her what she wants to hear if he wants to make it through the rose ceremony. Good on him for sticking to his convictions on that (but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO to a Colton Bachelor season). 

I was pleased that Colton got a rose as an FU to Tia thinking he had no chance without her, and I was also/am also hoping (haven't watched the latest episode yet) that he up and leaves as an FU to the producers for bringing Becca back again (this is me hoping that they just wanted some quick and easy drama and hoped he'd stick around after, but if this is a Bach setup then dammit). 

Although, could someone not have given a rose to Wills? Seriously? Over David...?

Stop the drama. I'm more excited for the arrival of crazy Jenna.

15 hours ago, Rainsong said:

Anneliese says ‘thanks for inviting me to dinner.’  Should we point out to the poor lovesick fool that no food was served?  Or does she regard champagne as a meal?  Lord knows I’ve had three courses of Speyside single malt on one or two evenings myself so who am I to judge?

Ok I had to pop in as a fellow lover of single malts to appreciate this post, especially because I spent a ton of time in the Fochabers/Elgin area of Speyside when I lived in Scotland... although I'm partial to Islay whiskies myself.

Edited by jade.black
  • Love 4

The conversation between Tia and Colton (gawd, I'm already sick of these two) made me want to shove ice picks into my eardrums, ensuring that I never have to hear either of them again.

Damn, Tia seems totally pathetic and needy.

Tia: So do you know what you want? DO YOU?

Colton: No.

Tia: Are you sure you don't want meeeeeee?

Colton: No, I'm not sure.

Tia: Don't you caaaaaare if I want to date someone else?

Colton: That'd be cool.

Tia: What if I KISSED someone else? What then?

Colton: I'm fine with that.

Tia: You aaaaaaare? How can you be okay with that?

Colton: Sorry?

Tia: YOU REALLY DON'T CARE THAT I KISSED SOMEONE ELSE?

Colton: Eh, not really.

Tia: If you don't love me RIGHT NOW, I'm going to make sure you go home!

Colton: Okay.

Tia: I'm done here! I'm going to flounce off in a teary huff!

Colton: Uh-huh.

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

The conversation between Tia and Colton (gawd, I'm already sick of these two) made me want to shove ice picks into my eardrums, ensuring that I never have to hear either of them again.

Heh, yep.  She asked him several times, about her kissing Chris, doesn't that make you "feel some sort of way". and I kept hoping he was going to say "yes, relieved."  

Tell me why everyone dislikes Yuki.  She does nothing for me one way or another.  She seems harmless.  

• Love 8
On 8/13/2018 at 8:50 PM, saber5055 said:

Colton still has those eyes that don't match what his mouth is saying. I had forgotten how that bugs me. Translation: Makes me not believe anything he's saying.

And that little smirk! It drives me nuts. Even in his TH's when he's saying something serious, he's smirking!

• Love 5

MY GRAND THEORY ON COLTON AND TIA: I think the show is expecting us to believe their history is ONLY what we've been shown in episodes, when in fact they and everyone else on the show have a lot more information. The vibe I get is that they "dated" for awhile after Arie's season, then Colton signed up for the show when they both assumed Tia was going to be the Bachelorette. When she didn't get the gig, they figured he would get a good run and then they'd both meet back up in Paradise where they would be this season's "It Couple" and end up together. In the months between Becca's season and Paradise, Colton decided he didn't want to be locked in but never called off the plan with Tia.

Now that they're in Paradise, everybody obviously knows they planned on getting together there which is why they're so confused and shocked that Colton isn't going along with it anymore. So in Tia's defense, I think she's kind of like "uhh dude, what is going on why aren't you sticking to the plan??" and in Colton's defense he wants to play the field which is fine in theory. But since he seems to be a really immature guy who just wants an easy path to fame, he doesn't know how to have a conversation with her to just break it off. Instead he's pulling a Dean and saying "well just because I'm interested in other girls doesn't mean I'm NOT interested in you, I want to see where it goes that's all!"

That factors into the big tearful breakdown too, I'm not convinced at all that he was heartbroken and just can't get over his beloved Becca. I think he's exhausted and just wants to chill and make out with whoever he wants but then Tia wouldn't listen, why wouldn't she just go talk to someone else and just leave him alone?! and now Becca is here and they're gonna make me talk to her and UGH THIS IS SO ANNOYING I JUST WANTED TO HAVE FUN WHY WON'T THEY JUST LET ME HAVE FUN EVERYONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO JUST HAVE FUN AT THIS FUN SUMMER CAMP I WANT TO GO HOOOOOME IT'S NOT FAIR *cue tears*

• Love 5

I've been saying from the start that Colton is very much in the closet and doesn't want to come out.  There's no way that a guy who looks like him made it to this age without getting some action.  There's no way.  He needs to just let the rainbow flag fly!!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Token said:

I've been saying from the start that Colton is very much in the closet and doesn't want to come out.  There's no way that a guy who looks like him made it to this age without getting some action.  There's no way.  He needs to just let the rainbow flag fly!!

I disagree.  Colton was in a long-term relationship with Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman.  Maybe SHE wanted to remain a virgin, and he respected that.  

You can't really tell what someone's sexual orientation is, it's best to just believe them about it.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

I disagree.  Colton was in a long-term relationship with Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman.  Maybe SHE wanted to remain a virgin, and he respected that.  

I've seen this excuse before and I don't buy it.  They got together in August 2016 and broke up in June 2017.  That's less than a year together; not exactly long-term.  He was a hot young guy for a long time before and after that.  

• Love 3