Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Week 2: Part 2

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I’ll never give Carly credit. That whole season she was smug and condescending toward the other relationships that weren’t as strong as hers, then when Kirk dumps her (in about as decent and honest as you can while respecting her feelings) she goes on a temper tantrum and throws him under the bus. She never cared about Kirk, she just didn’t like being dumped on TV and looking embarrassed. And she never changed before meeting Evan, she was still a mean girl putting him down and laughing at him. I don’t know how she is as a wife and mother (I ff any scenes with her in them) but I hate how this show tries painting her as this hopeless romantic who’s been victimised by men. 

Oh, I didn't feel bad for her as Carly, just as a random woman.  I can't stand her in any capacity, and I hated how vicious and nasty she was to Britt.  She & her stupid eyebrows led the mean-girl parade for the entire remaining time they were both on the show.  She married Evan because she knew he was her only option. 

As soon as we heard about the wedding, I knew she was gonna squeeze out a kid asap to get a guaranteed income from child support.    

• Love 12

Annaliese needs a haircut and at least some side-swept bangs. I feel really bad for her. In that she's 33, and soooooo desperate to be engaged. Girl, you have to love yourself first and be okay with enjoying your own company. You can't rely on someone else to make you happy and fulfilled. Stop trying to force being "in love" with any guy that gives you attention for more than a minute. :( Finding someone to be engaged to just the check it off on your bucket list and post it all over instagram is a sad goal to have. 

Jenna's voice sounds like it's painful for her to talk. It's certainly painful to listen to her. 

• Love 12

I'm liking this season so far though overall I feel sad watching all these interactions and people just being rude and hurtful to each other. 

Loved Caroline's dress when she arrived but man, take a xanax. 

John is freaking too cute and normal. I echo 'what the heck are you doing there?" I really enjoyed Jubilee. She is freaking stunning and she and John seemed to have a real conversation. It was cute and a little refreshing.

Jordan is really smitten with that chick but dude, shave your neck beard. 

Chris is a number one asshole. I mean Colton did nothing like what he did. All he wanted was to be open to multiple people and he got reamed for it. 

• Love 14

I'm like pretty old, you know, so I'm not like very up to speed on what's cool amongst young people today, but I have to say that I like really, really miss the days when women didn't like plant fraking ravens nests on the top of their eyelids, and also like; could everyone just please try to complete a sentence without using the word "like" every two seconds?

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Cecily said:

I'm like pretty old, you know, so I'm not like very up to speed on what's cool amongst young people today, but I have to say that I like really, really miss the days when women didn't like plant fraking ravens nests on the top of their eyelids, and also like; could everyone just please try to complete a sentence without using the word "like" every two seconds?

Same Cecily!!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Despite his supposed enlightenment and apology on MTA for acting like an entitled douche, it appears Chris is, in fact, still an entitled douche. 

I'm pretty sure that BiP was filmed before the MTA. So the apologies he gave on MTA and online came after this douchey behaviour happened but before it aired.

7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Kevin might not be the most attractive guy there (from certain angles), but a) he has a good job (fireman) and b) refused to go on a date with another woman while he was liking the woman he was with.

I hated Kevin on the Bachelorette Canada (and his mother was something else), but have enjoyed him on Winter Games and BiP. Speaking of Winter Games, didn't Kevin and Bibiana have a thing before he hooked up with Ashley I?

7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think Jordan, in his clumsy way, was trying to do something nice for Annaliese... if things didn't work out with Jenna, he wouldn't look around for someone else, he'd give Annaliese his rose.  It came out badly, but I think he meant well.  And as for Jordan and Jenna, boy was he hit by a thunderbolt.  Everyone could see how he glowed when talking about her.

Hmmm, I didn't think of it that way. You might be right, it seemed ultra offensive that he was telling her he would be back if he couldn't find anything better, this makes more sense. But he did a terrible job in explaining that to her.

• Love 6

If anyone knows the answer to this question organically, I'd love to know: Were all these BIPers on their way to Paradisw already when Chris's meltdown episodes were aired on Becca's season? Ignorance of the real Chris can be the only reason he has been turned into an object of desire by two women. If so, the dude lucked out timing-wise. The women, not so much.

Jenna was adorable with her pink hair and Marilyn-Monroe-ish swimwear. She made me look up from my phone. Sadly, as soon as I did, Tia with her purple bra and red and white striped top?/bikini? infiltrated the screen, dropping F-bombs and I was back to scrolling Instagram. But, haha, to Tia being played by the Goose. She was using him anyway. 

Jubilee and Venmo John were cute but none of these guys seems to have the range of vocabulary and "catch-ness" that I think Jason would bring as the Bachelor. 

Also, does Jordan have to talk so fast? I think he talks so fast that we don't have time to realize how stupid half the things he says are. 

Jacqueline was the one going to school. Really thin with long dark hair. Very pretty in an almost old money Long Island kind of way. 

If Jacqueline shows up I will definitely put my phone down. She was so pretty and reminded me of an old friend I don't see much of anymore. 

Edited by TheFinalRose
I don't always read what I write before hitting submit. My bad.
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

If anyone knows the answer to this question organically, I'd love to know: Were all these BIPers on their way to Paradisw already when Chris's meltdown episodes were aired on Becca's season? Ignorance of the real Chris can be the only reason he has been turned into an object of desire by two women. If so, the dude lucked out timing-wise. The women, not so much.

No, these girls had only seen maybe 2 episodes of Becca's season;  they knew for sure that Joe was let go night 1 but beyond that, probably nothing more as this was all filmed in early to mid June.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Rather than try to cast “weird” I always thought these shows would benefit from casting 1-2 normal people who could react to all this dumb stuff the way people at home do. Imagine a guy like Jim Halpert or John Mulaney sitting in a room full of juiced-up bros just giving eye rolls and looking confused by all the crying and dumb shit. 

John Mulaney twitter reaction to Becca's final choice was priceless.   I'd love to have him there and commenting.  Kind of like Mystery Science Theater 3000.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Rather than try to cast “weird” I always thought these shows would benefit from casting 1-2 normal people who could react to all this dumb stuff the way people at home do. Imagine a guy like Jim Halpert or John Mulaney sitting in a room full of juiced-up bros just giving eye rolls and looking confused by all the crying and dumb shit. 

Oh abso-friggin-lutely.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OldWiseOne said:

I hated Kevin on the Bachelorette Canada (and his mother was something else), but have enjoyed him on Winter Games and BiP. Speaking of Winter Games, didn't Kevin and Bibiana have a thing before he hooked up with Ashley I?

Yeah, that's what I remembered too, but I wasn't sure about posting it because I thought it might be wrong.  we haven't seen the two of them interact much, and they were probably as much of a "couple" as Tia and Colton.

And I have to add - Kevin looks handsome from one angle, and like a frickin' Neanderthal from another angle.  I can't figure it out.    Chris, on the other hand, is pretty ugly no matter what.  something about his face looks villainous to me. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 14
38 minutes ago, LBS said:

John Mulaney twitter reaction to Becca's final choice was priceless.   I'd love to have him there and commenting.  Kind of like Mystery Science Theater 3000.

They should give Harrison a break and use Mulaney as the host of BIP. I would never stop laughing. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I could be into John and Jubilee. They have a nice easy rapport already. 

Yes!  I’ve always liked John. He’s intelligent, successful and good looking. I was surprised that none of the first group of girls was into him (the Kendall kiss aside).

So, I was happy to see John getting some attention this episode.  He is also sincere and charming, when given the chance to finish a sentence. I get that the animals were cute (especially the kitty chasing the frog), but did Caroline have to keep interrupting him?  And naming the animals was totally unnecessary.  John seemed to be thinking the same thing, though he gamely went along with it.

John’s conversation with Jubilee, especially by comparison, was so real and natural. They seem like a good match, I hope it works out.  

If not, John would make a great Bachelor.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, SweetPotato said:

John’s conversation with Jubilee, especially by comparison, was so real and natural. They seem like a good match, I hope it works out.  

If they don't make it romantically I do hope they stay friends. They really seemed to connect on a deeper level than "you're so hot". I love them separately and I absolutely adore them together. I was actually smiling through their whole date. 

John would make an amazing Bachelor but like Jubilee I wonder what he is even doing here. How is it he can't find love in the real world? He is the total package, nice, smart, hot, funny. I'm almost afraid for him to be the Bachelor because this show seems to manage to ruin them all and I don't want to lose my crush on him. 

• Love 14
Just now, Mabinogia said:

If they don't make it romantically I do hope they stay friends. They really seemed to connect on a deeper level than "you're so hot". I love them separately and I absolutely adore them together. I was actually smiling through their whole date. 

John would make an amazing Bachelor but like Jubilee I wonder what he is even doing here. How is it he can't find love in the real world? He is the total package, nice, smart, hot, funny. I'm almost afraid for him to be the Bachelor because this show seems to manage to ruin them all and I don't want to lose my crush on him. 

He lives in San Francisco or San Jose, right? If he’s still working a regular job (no idea how much he made off Venmo) he’s surrounded by men. Dating in Silicon Valley is supposed to be one of the worst places (maybe Alaska and North Dakota are bigger sausage-fests). 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, piewarmer said:

This was my favorite moment from last night. I had to watch it several times. LOOK at that superpout!

That reminds me.

I thought it was hilarious that the camera kept panning to Joe just laying back on the couch, his face totally red, loooooooooooooooooooong after said Caroline said she was going to leave him to go to the bathroom.  The editing made it look like DAYS, DAYS that he waited there.  LOL.  While it was probably just the same shot over and over again ; )

I'm super glad that John is on the show, honestly.  It's a different perspective, for once.  As someone with two Asian brothers and a lot of Asian female friends I see a lot of racism against Asian men, and in my personal experience the worst offenders are Asian women themselves.  And you add into that the fact that John is a self-described nerd, I'm not sure women are just flocking.  Good for him for putting himself out here on these shows.  He'll get more exposure and hopefully more opportunities to meet great people.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

(no idea how much he made off Venmo)

Oh that reminds me of how much I loved Jubilee's response when he told her about his job then said something about how people make assumptions about his wealth because of it. She responds "I just think it mean's you're really smart." 

IDK about the whole Silicon Valley sausage-fest thing. My cousin works there (he's a techy) and he knows plenty of women looking to date. He's 29 been there about five years, had several girlfriends. John kind of reminds me of him, personality wise. Maybe John just wanted the experience and is at a place careerwise where he could take the time off. 

2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The editing made it look like DAYS, DAYS that he waited there.  LOL.  While it was probably just the same shot over and over again ; )

Hey, sometimes when a gals gotta go, she's gotta go...and go....and go...lol or she got lost on her way back. 

• Love 6

So many of these men act like they are 13.  Chris and Colton both exhibited so much glee when tattling on the other (well, in Chris' case it was more like judging the other).  I also think that Tia only got mad at Colton and said that she wouldn't be treated that way because she thought she already had Chris locked up.  

I believe that Annaliese is the oldest person there; she seems pretty desperate.  If she really wanted to find someone she should look outside of bachelor nation.  Where are all of the fun animals?  I know that lizard made a valiant effort, and the kitten and dog tried to distract Carolyn so that John could make an escape.  It just seems like usually there are more animal interventions.

I don't even think there's enough for Wells to do as bartender, let alone bringing Yuki on board.  This drink limit really has impacted the show.

• Love 6

A few times I've noticed Jordan shows a really good sense of humor - where I think he's deliberately being funny, which makes me suspect he may actually be smarter than I give him credit for. If that's the case, it's likely he's crafting his persona to some extent into a character he thinks plays well. Of course, I could be completely wrong and he could just be an inadvertently funny dolt, too.

I LOVE smart, nerdy, socially awkward guys. I love them so much I've been married to one for 15 years. So Venmo John is totally my cup of tea. I liked him with Jubilee far more than the other chick. Although in the other chick's defense (Caroline maybe?), I get distracted by cute animals, too.

• Love 13

I was curious about John's background, and I'm glad he explained a little about himself. He clearly has some Asian ancestry but I wasn't sure from what country. As a middle school teacher for 25 years, I feel as though I've spent half of that time trying to get kids to stop calling every Asian "Chinese," so I didn't want to be guilty of that myself. One of our teachers is a Filipina, clearly does not look Chinese nor have a Chinese name, but the kids are so uninformed. If I were Asian I would be indignant. I'm happy to see Asian representation, and  though I am not much of a fan of Yuki's personality, it's interesting to have a Japanese woman on the show. (Ms. Blue Jay, if it's not too off-topic, I'd welcome your input).

The Jordan-Jenna bimbo explosion is not fun, although I think I'm in the minority here. To me they are two mirrors staring at each other, rapturously enjoying their own reflections. Jordan, are you being "disingenuine," or do you really believe Mexico is in the Southern Hemisphere?

I like Colton.  He was much more honest about his goals than Tia or Chris were. Both of them are leading on people in whom they have no more interest than the next rose. Colton was willing to be booted from the show, rather than make false promises to Tia. 

Edited by Arkay
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, LBS said:

Chris wrote an article about giving women an orgasm on medium.com.  I'll post it on BIP in the media.   He just got so much grosser to me.  LOL

Chris wouldn't give me an orgasm, but he would give me a spasm.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I was curious about John's background, and I'm glad he explained a little about himself. He clearly has some Asian ancestry but I wasn't sure from what country. As a middle school teacher for 25 years, I feel as though I've spent half of that time trying to get kids to stop calling every Asian "Chinese," so I didn't want to be guilty of that myself. One of our teachers is a Filipina, clearly does not look Chinese nor have a Chinese name, but the kids are so uninformed. If I were Asian I would be indignant. I'm happy to see Asian representation, and  though I am not much of a fan of Yuki's personality, it's interesting to have a Japanese woman on the show. (Ms. Blue Jay, if it's not too off-topic, I'd welcome your input).

I never watched Winter Games!  Or whatever it's called.  So I am interested having Yuki on the show too. Again, it's a different perspective, someone different than what we're used to seeing on this show.  English isn't her first language, so yeah as soon as she was introduced I was already cringing in anticipation of how the audience would react to her.

I agree, it's really cool that John named his ancestry.  I thought it was awesome.  Like I said I love that Jubilee made him feel excited to talk about it.  Caroline was clearly not interested in who he was as a person; though I understand we could just be swayed by the editing..... that was some convincing editing.  Jubilee REALLY listens.  Her eyes bore so deep into John's while he spoke.  A friend and I always found it so hot on Ben's season, LOL.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

I LOVE smart, nerdy, socially awkward guys. I love them so much I've been married to one for 15 years. So Venmo John is totally my cup of tea. I liked him with Jubilee far more than the other chick. Although in the other chick's defense (Caroline maybe?), I get distracted by cute animals, too.

I don't care who's sitting across the table, a cute dog romp-by wins my attention, so I'm right behind you backing...uh, whoever that was.

Edited by piewarmer
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, Arkay said:

The Jordan-Jenna bimbo explosion is not fun, although I think I'm in the minority here. To me they are two mirrors staring at each other, rapturously enjoying their own reflections. Jordan, are you being "disingenuine," or do you really believe Mexico is in the Southern Hemisphere?

I like Colton.  He was much more honest about his goals than Tia or Chris were. Both of them are leading on people in whom they have no more interest than the next rose. Colton was willing to be booted from the show, rather than make false promises to Tia. 

I agree with you on Colton. I think he is a nice guy and was acting with integrity. I also agree with you on Jordon. I don’t find him attractive personally and he seems both immature and narcissistic. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I never watched Winter Games!  Or whatever it's called.  So I am interested having Yuki on the show too. Again, it's a different perspective, someone different than what we're used to seeing on this show.  English isn't her first language, so yeah as soon as she was introduced I was already cringing in anticipation of how the audience would react to her.

I watched the whole Winter Games. They need to stop trying to make Yuki happen. It isn't that English isn't her first language; she can't even speak it. She landed with a thud on the Winter Games and I can't believe they dragged her back for BIP. She squeals and looks cute ... but does little else and she's pretty much gotten the reaction which she deserves, which is a big yawn. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I watched the whole Winter Games. They need to stop trying to make Yuki happen. It isn't that English isn't her first language; she can't even speak it. She landed with a thud on the Winter Games and I can't believe they dragged her back for BIP. She squeals and looks cute ... but does little else and she's pretty much gotten the reaction which she deserves, which is a big yawn. 

I agree about Yuki.  I saw her on the Winter Games and I think she was going for "cute and quirky" and she just wound up being annoying as hell.  It had nothing to do with her being Asian, and she's just unintelligible at times.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, piewarmer said:

This was my favorite moment from last night. I had to watch it several times. LOOK at that superpout!

Yes!! This was right after Colton announced he was going to stick around. I happened to pause my TV at that moment as a work call came in, and I couldn't stop laughing at Chris's expression.

I like that Jordan was straightforward with Annaleise, but OUCH. He could have gone without telling her every other sentence how AMAZING and INSANE his date that day was. I get that he's excited about it, but Annaleise isn't going to be!

I loved Jenna on Arie's season. She's super hot and everytime we saw her she seemed hammered and was practically mounting him on some random sofa or bench. 

All in for John and Jubilee! What a great date! What was that, a real conversation?? Aired on a Bachelor show? Man, they must not have given the editors enough soundbites about journeys and kids and heartbreak to work with. Show me more!

I'll also take more guacamole making competitions! And just more of Joe's face on my screen in general. 

• Love 15

I didn’t mind how Krystal handled Kenny. Good on her for saying what she felt. Her wanting Chris however is a whole other issue. I cannot understand why after seeing his behavior, someone would say yea I gotta get me some of that. 

I find Colton to be very immature but I’m still on his side over Tia. 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 3

I didn't mind how Krystal handled Kenny, my issue was her dumping him for Chris, of all people.  But even so, that was her right to fuck up do so. 

The thing I really liked was how Kenny handled being dumped.  He didn't pout or cry or blame Krystal; he just talked cheese and rat stuff with Eric, which was cool.  

• Love 8
22 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Chris went after Colton and said he was playing Tia, not here for the right reasons, not ready, not this, not that...because he is the mayor of paradise. Said mayor then turns around and does EXACTLY what he accused Colton of doing, which Colton didn't do. 

He really thinks he's something special, but he isn't that cute and is a total douche. While I don't like Tia, I want her to rip him to shreds. The talk with Jordan, calling himself the goose...he's a playa that has no game.  He needs to go now. 

Agreed . But tia is the type of person who doesn't know how to play the player . She's known the guy for 2 days and he's been chewing her ear off about how invested he is in her and how he's all in and focused on her ( barf ) . After Colton told you what chris has been doing / saying .. don't confront him about it .. get one of the other guys and start making conversation and kiss him if you feel like it .  The girls take this thing way too seriously and need to realize what show they're on . Yeah jade and tanner worked out as per everyone mentioning it every 5 minutes .. but 96 out of 100 people on the show are just there for the free drinks , food and party . These ladies need to stop acting so sad and have fun . If something works out , it does but most likely it won't be long term . 

I guess this is the point of the show , but it is pretty sociopathic how everyone is so manipulative and pretends to actually be legitimately interested in another person only to get a Rose and once they get the Rose they drop them like a hot potato . You'd think with all these people , at least two people out of the bunch would be genuinely interested in each other . 

• Love 4
On 8/14/2018 at 7:22 PM, dizzyd said:

I don't remember Jenna at all. Did she have a much different look on Arie's season or did I just have too much wine when she was on?

I always referred to her as the One with the Eyebrows. I think they were darker then. 

10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was liking John until he said something like he was a Boy Scout until college?  Did I hear that right?  I feel bad for judging.  LOL.  But hey if Jubilee wants a nerd this is a match made in heaven.  

Boy Scouts generally don't make Eagle Scout, the highest rank, until high school. It's a real achievement, counting Presidents, CEOs, and astronauts amongst their ranks. I thought it was cool and highlighted even more how different John was. 

14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think Jordan, in his clumsy way, was trying to do something nice for Annaliese... if things didn't work out with Jenna, he wouldn't look around for someone else, he'd give Annaliese his rose.  It came out badly, but I think he meant well.  And as for Jordan and Jenna, boy was he hit by a thunderbolt.  Everyone could see how he glowed when talking about her.

I agree. I actually found him to be somewhat decent in being upfront with Annaliese on his feelings for Jenna. He could have avoided her completely or played her, but he did the honorable (well as much as anyone is honorable on this franchise) thing in being honest. Annaliese was the one picking out china patterns. Jordan had no obligation to marry her or even give her his rose. 

Edited by kazza
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, LBS said:

Also, I find Tanner to be super hot.  

Reveal hidden contents

I remember thinking he was cute but just looked him up to check if I was right. He is ridiculously good looking.

Joe sounded just like Bob Belcher in that clip at the end when he was disgusted by the tuna w/avocado.

//nothing to do with hidden contents I just can't get rid of the box//

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

The editors are obssesed with blocking out butts, even on an angle away from us with Jenna on the daybed... but really if I extrapolate what the front of her bikini bottom looked like to the back the black box was more understandable; I mean she even apologized about showing her ass to everyone at the bar.

I don't know why but I really didn't like seeing Jenna in that tiny swimsuit when everyone else was dressed. She was still wearing it in the evening. It made me uncomfortable, but she seemed to be enjoying it. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
I realize this makes no sense.
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Jordan's honesty with Annalise was amazing.  Do you know how many men would rather DIE than have this kind of tough conversation? I have so much respect for him.  In some ways, he seems so young, but in this way, he was incredibly adult. 

I thought he was insensitive. He could have let her know without going on about how incredible his date was and basically telling her she was his second choice if Jenna dumped him. He talked too much and should've just said, "I really like you but feel more of a connection with Jenna, so I'm going to give her my rose." She doesn't need to hear how he was blown away by another woman and has relegated her to back-up plan.

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 20

I'm not sure why women like Annaliese go on these shows. She's beautiful and has so much to offer a man who's truly ready to find love and marriage. She may have to settle for a man who's a little older than her, but hey, they are out there and they are sick of the games too.   Most of these guys act like they are 12. A mature,secure woman would be intelligent enough  see through all their childish games and pick a guy who really is there to find love.  Chris is a real jackwad  who's showing his true colors. I'm getting sick of the fakeness of Jordan, and what was up with that ridiculous red and white outfit he was wearing in the scene where he's throwing the big stuffed animal out into the surf?? As mentioned before, at least Kevin showed some class by turning down the date with Jubilee? ,because he wants to see how things go with the other gal(Astrid?) . 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I thought he was insensitive. He could have let her know without going on about how incredible his date was and basically telling her she was his second choice if Jenna dumped him. He talked too much and should've just said, "I really like you but feel more of a connection with Jenna, so I'm going to give her my rose." She doesn't need to hear how you were blown away by another woman and can only be your back-up plan if anything. 

Yeah, as a guy I’ve never wanted to do THAT (what Jordan did). I will give him props for pulling Annieliese aside, looking he in the eyes, and being straight with her. Sadly, that’s more than most men on these shows are capable of (cough, Dean, cough, cough, Luke, cough, cough, cough, Arie, cough). Pretty much everything that came out of his mouth after that was awful. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

It sounded like something he's already repeated   many times to other women in the past because it sounds somehow convincing__ not. The guy's a true narcissistic shitstick.   

Doesn’t Vince Vaughn do something similar in Old School? I seem to remember him hanging out with a coed in his room and just as she leans in to kiss him he stops her and makes a sincere gesture of telling her he’s married, but maybe she should give him her number in case things don’t work out. It was funny in the movie. Not so much when Jordan does it in real life. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, jade.black said:

All in for John and Jubilee! What a great date! What was that, a real conversation?? Aired on a Bachelor show? Man, they must not have given the editors enough soundbites about journeys and kids and heartbreak to work with. Show me more!

I'm hoping they see some of this feedback and realize that we would like to see some real relationships forming, not with the angle of getting a paid for wedding, or to be the new reality TV It Couple, but because two people clicked on a real level. They were actually interested in each others actual lives. Not the journey, or pas relationship trauma, but their actual lives and who they were as people. It was so refreshing. 

If we can't get Clare talking to raccoons or Onion Ashley wandering aimlessly among the production crew, I want what John and Jubilee showed us. Nice people making a real connection. (God, when did I become Right Reasons!??!?!)

But seriously, I more invested in John and Jubilee as a couple after one date than I have been with any couple ever on this show. They just seemed so real and neither of them seemed to be focused on the show or "getting a rose" or following the script. More please!

This being a Fleiss show I'm sure it is going to blow up in my face at some point, but I'm going to enjoy them for as long as possible, though that was probably the first and last we've seen of them unless something DRAMATIC happens. Ugh

• Love 10

I think Yuki actually understands and speaks english, she's just playing a character that others can "explain" things to.   Her whole schtick is just too cutsey and obvious to be real.  People that ignorant of a language and culture would have a translator close by.  And I think by now we would have seen some sign of one. 

But maybe I'm just a conspiracy nut.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I'm hoping they see some of this feedback and realize that we would like to see some real relationships forming, not with the angle of getting a paid for wedding, or to be the new reality TV It Couple, but because two people clicked on a real level. They were actually interested in each others actual lives. Not the journey, or pas relationship trauma, but their actual lives and who they were as people. It was so refreshing. 

If we can't get Clare talking to raccoons or Onion Ashley wandering aimlessly among the production crew, I want what John and Jubilee showed us. Nice people making a real connection. (God, when did I become Right Reasons!??!?!)

But seriously, I more invested in John and Jubilee as a couple after one date than I have been with any couple ever on this show. They just seemed so real and neither of them seemed to be focused on the show or "getting a rose" or following the script. More please!

This being a Fleiss show I'm sure it is going to blow up in my face at some point, but I'm going to enjoy them for as long as possible, though that was probably the first and last we've seen of them unless something DRAMATIC happens. Ugh

In fairness, planning a reality show around that is tough. Getting that connection is rare. I’d just be happy if they went back to a format of them getting drunk and making fools of themselves. Doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, kazza said:
On 8/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was liking John until he said something like he was a Boy Scout until college?  Did I hear that right?  I feel bad for judging.  LOL.  But hey if Jubilee wants a nerd this is a match made in heaven.  

Boy Scouts generally don't make Eagle Scout, the highest rank, until high school. It's a real achievement, counting Presidents, CEOs, and astronauts amongst their ranks. I thought it was cool and highlighted even more how different John was. 

John saying he was in Scouts until college moved me to the front of the Venmo John Train, which I already was on. That was a super cool thing for him to admit, since boys get teased no end (it's called "bullied" these days) when they continue in Boy Scouts after they age out of Cub Scouts. That says a lot about his respect for himself and what HE wants, not what he is "suppose" to do if he wants to hang with the "popular" crowd. Which is why he's successful and articulate today, something a few of us here have noticed. 

There's Chris, who is the typical macho jerk guy found in every local bar, and there's Venmo John, who was a Scout until college. Which one do you want to spend time with, much less the rest of your life. It's a no brainer for me.

I was in Scouts until there weren't enough kids to fill a troop, so it was dissolved. It was a sad day in my life. Scouting was one of the best things ever. Kids who are strong enough to withstand being oddballs and called "queer" do end up being strong, successful and self-assured when they grow up. Venmo John for the win! (Whatever the "win" is on BIP.)

• Love 16
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

I think Yuki actually understands and speaks english, she's just playing a character that others can "explain" things to.   Her whole schtick is just too cutsey and obvious to be real.  People that ignorant of a language and culture would have a translator close by.  And I think by now we would have seen some sign of one. 

But maybe I'm just a conspiracy nut.  

Actually, when she came to Winter Games there was press stating she did not know English. I think the producers skipped paying for her translator during filming because her cute, wide-eyed ignorance was better TV.  I did like Colton's "I'm not doing this" face when she tried to talk to him.

Edited by TheFinalRose
I don't always read what I write before hitting submit. My bad.
  • Love 6