Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Week 2: Part 2

• Start Topic

Just now, CindyBee said:

John would be better off with Analeise

Well, I wouldn't go that far! lol Analeise reminds me of Sarah, the one with the amputation, who was always whining about no one wanting her. 

• Love 12
Just now, CindyBee said:

Do not like Caroline at all.  John would be better off with Analeise

Caroline is immature and has ADD, but Anniliese is psycho. She expects marriage and kids after talking to a guy for more than 5 minutes. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Well, I wouldn't go that far! lol Analeise reminds me of Sarah, the one with the amputation, who was always whining about no one wanting her. 

I forgot to type Just kidding!

• Love 1

I know some people think that Kendall is the most attractive one of the bunch, but for me it's Chelsea and it's mainly because of those gorgeous cheekbones.   

And now Jubilee comes on the scene and I think she's gorgeous, too.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I am multi tasking with this in the background. I hate having it 2 nights in a row, it's too much.

I am multi-tasking too, which means I'm missing a lot which means I not missing much.

I remember Jubilee had a rocking bikini body when she was on whatever season she was on. Then she got sort of ... well, weird. She was a favorite of mine until then. Plus wasn't she in Paradise last year?

• Love 4

John actually asks the person questions about themself. I like him with Jubilee.

1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Then she got sort of ... well, weird. She was a favorite of mine until then. Plus wasn't she in Paradise last year?

Oh crap, that is her. EEK then I change my mind and John should probably run..........

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I could be into John and Jubilee. They have a nice easy rapport already. 

Agree! They are super cute together. I like Jubilee with him. They are chill nerds. Venmo John seems like a really great guy.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

I hate those false eyelashes on Jubilee, she doesn't need them.  I wish some of these women would just stick to mascara.

If she’s there for awhile, the 10 pounds of hair is going to look nuts. 

Humidity plus someone else’s hair is a bad combo.  Looks at that crap on Tias head already.  Has to pull it up in a dog turd bun

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

John actually asks the person questions about themself. I like him with Jubilee.

Oh crap, that is her. EEK then I change my mind and John should probably run..........

She was not on Paradise last year. That was two years ago. Jasmine was on Paradise last year. They don't even look alike.

• Love 2

Yup Kenny, you have been friend zoned.

1 minute ago, In2You said:

She was not on Paradise last year. That was two years ago. Jasmine was on Paradise last year. They don't even look alike

I realize that but remember back when Jubilee was on Paradise I ended up not liking her.

• Love 10

I'd say poor Kenny but he can do a lot better. 

Tia ended things with Colton? Wait, did I miss more than I thought? I thought Colton really had little interest in being stuck with Tia and wanted to see other people. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CindyBee said:

All these girls here and Kenny is going for Krystal!?!

Didn’t he say he didn’t see her on Arie’s season? If I had no prior knowledge of Krystal and she acted like she has on this show I’d be into her. I hate to say it, but she’s the most attractive girl there. 

• Love 5

I have to say this rendition of BIP has been fairly interesting. I usually get really bored but the relationship change ups have been better than usual. Often everyone is coupled up awkwardly to just stay on the show. I think the changes are more natural and how it should be in paradise. 

• Love 12

Man, Tia's got a real potty mouth. If she's cusses a blue streak when she's being filmed for national television, what's she like IRL.

Gah. i don't want to know.

Now I foresee Colton giving a rose to Tia. Just when we thought that crap was over.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Kenny just referenced Who Moved My Cheese?  I love him even more now.

You piqued my interest and had to Google. Had not heard of this book. Kenny and Eric's convo was so funny and I at first thought they came up with it on the spot. But yeah kudos to both for their literary reference.  And on a shallow note... Eric is way hotter bearded!!!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I think I remember something about Jubilee that wasn't good.

She spit out caviar on her 1:1 date on Ben's season. I'm Russian and I take caviar - and good table manners - very seriously. She does seem like a genuine person though, and if she and John really hit it off, then good for them. Caroline was a bit of a needy shit-stirrer on Arie's TWTA, so I don't think she and John are a good match. But I'm glad that John is finally getting the appreciation he deserves.

Krystal is really playing the field, isn't she? Made out with three guys in three episodes, with minimal drama. That's what Paradise should be about. I also love that Kenny, while disappointed at first, shrugged it off and moved on. Tia, take note!

50 minutes ago, kazza said:

Seriously. He would be the first actually great catch they've had in a long time. 

Venmo John: "I wrote the Venmo app."

Jubilee: "What are you DOING here"

Not saying that John isn't a catch, but I don't think that him having worked at Venmo necessarily means that he's rich:

- Venmo was founded in 2009, and John said he joined after college. He's 28 now, so assuming he graduated six or seven ears ago, he wasn't an early-stage employee - those are the ones who get significant equity stakes.

- He said he worked on the mobile app for Venmo, which is just a front-end, not the business logic, ie. not the innovative part. I'm sure he's a competent software developer, but he's not a genius who invented the concept.

- He said he left Venmo. Most equity deals vest over three or four years with a one year cliff, so if he was there for less than four years, he didn't get all of his shares/options, and if he was there less than a year, he didn't get any.

- Venmo was acquired in 2012 for $26M. That's a very small amount for a tech acquisition. The majority of that money went to the investors and cofounders. In the best case scenario, the employee pool was around 15-20% of the total shares, and that was divvied up among all of the vested employees. John probably made a low six-figure sum, at most. That's barely enough for a down payment on a small condo in SF. 

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 15

At certain angles you can see people literally(™️) dripping with sweat. Even at night! I couldn’t function like that. Unless I’m running, if I am that hot and sweaty I can’t even hold a conversation. And kissing like that???? Seriously, NO ONE TOUCH ME!

• Love 23

What’s with these girls saying the guy they knew all of 2 minutes is their one. The whole, “deep connection” thing just baffles me.  Now Jordan and Jenna?  He obviously found her rally amazing when she walked in. Him getting all blushy when she first talked to him was adorable.  I give him kudos for being honest with stage 1 needy chick, but jeez!  Telling her to stick around just in case?  Harsh much?

loved Kenny’s and Eric’s cheese talk.  Couldn’t tell if Jordan was Joking with chris about the different courses talk, but Chris was taking it seriously.  David just needs to leave.

this was one of the more fun BIPs I’ve seen. I’ve only seen 3 seasons 

• Love 6

Jesus that cheese conversation between Eric and Kenny made my brain hurt. Although the next time I’m dating someone I’m going to have to compare it to cheese while discussing with friends.

Chris’ bandana is hilarious. I kept thinking he was Johnny from the Cobra Kai! (Only brunette)

• Love 2

I love Joe and Kendall. Yet I could get behind him being the next Bachelor. 

I didn’t even recognize Jubilee. She’s really pretty. 

Chelsea is also stunning. Has she even shown interest in any of these guys?

• Love 3