Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 All Episodes SPECULATION AND LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I like McKean, but, not Chuck. I hope his appearance is limited. I can't stand him. 

So,  is the nail salon that Jimmy is renting office space from, the same nail salon that Jimmy takes Walt to view as a potential front in BB? It seems like the one Jimmy is in is nicer, but, not sure. Plus, the owner seems pretty on the up and up. 

From the sneak preview of next week, it appears that, 

Spoiler

Nacho has been promoted to Hector's spot and Domingo aka Krazy-8 is now in Nacho's old job.  Domingo was counting a dealer's while Nacho sat behind him in Hector's old seat.  

I can't get over how old and jaded Huell looks. In BB he looked much younger and was spirited and full of life and exuberance. In fact the older appearance of all characters, some 7 or 8 years EARLIER has been bugging me the whole time.  I think the show would have been better off focusing on the post-BB Saul. Then the aging of these people would have been appropriate. Yes there would be no Mike, but that is cool. There could have been Jesse, Skyler, Skinny Pete, Badger and a whole lot of interesting new characters. I hope tonight's is the last show pre-BB and we start on the post BB era.

Edited by Pat Hoolihan
23 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Am I remembering correctly - we only see Gene in the first and last episodes of each season?  So we're due for more Gene next week?

Gene has only appeared in the 1st episode of each season.  

• Love 1
On October 1, 2018 at 3:37 PM, Pat Hoolihan said:

the older appearance of all characters, some 7 or 8 years EARLIER has been bugging me the whole time.  I think the show would have been better off focusing on the post-BB Saul. Then the aging of these people would have been appropriate

So I'm not the only one of this opinion.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2018 at 4:37 PM, Pat Hoolihan said:

I can't get over how old and jaded Huell looks. In BB he looked much younger and was spirited and full of life and exuberance.

In real life, losing a lot of weight can make you look older, (or gaining a lot of weight in your face can make you look younger) so I'm ok with it.

• Love 4

Why doesn’t AMC show the whole season before the finale? For TWD, they showed the WHOLE thing leading up to last night’s premiere. And I think they show the previous week’s episode before each week’s new episode. Better Call Saul is miles better than TWD, and it gets absolutely no help from the network. So aggravating and unfair.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Crone said:

Crocs and socks! (Poor Werner.)

Very German.

I'm not buying Lalo's on-the-moneyness, How does he know Mike; what is his interest in following Mike; what are the consequences for smashing into the car ahead of him at the parking gate, etc. etc. It makes for great cat-and-mouse, but i feel like Lalo is muddying up the story.

And what was Jimmy doing at the HHM meeting about the scholarships?

Hollywood trope: you can't "really grieve" unless you're shown (finally) crying. I'm sorry the writers went down that cheap road.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

Very German.

I'm not buying Lalo's on-the-moneyness, How does he know Mike; what is his interest in following Mike; what are the consequences for smashing into the car ahead of him at the parking gate, etc. etc. It makes for great cat-and-mouse, but i feel like Lalo is muddying up the story.

And what was Jimmy doing at the HHM meeting about the scholarships?

Hollywood trope: you can't "really grieve" unless you're shown (finally) crying. I'm sorry the writers went down that cheap road.

Howard had offered to put Jimmy on the scholarship board in Episode 401.

Nacho told Lalo about the chicken farm and Lalo staked it out and followed him.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

Me too. Seems out of character.

• Love 2

So did Mike lie to Werner. I thought they were going to make it look like an accident and Werner's body would be found.

Seems like a call back to Lydia who would rather have her daughter killed with her than have her think she abandoned her.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Gale is so cheerful until he got spooked by Gus.

Gus showed him a side.

Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Did Chuck actually write that letter? I thought it was Kim?

Chuck wrote it.

I don't buy that this speech would work.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, rohitpandey said:

Great season of television. Reminded me of Mad Men at its peak. One thing that Gilligan and Gould and the rest of their team understand incredibly well is the importance of time. They demonstrate this with respect to injuries (Hank's shoot-out with the twins plagues his movement for the rest of BrBa, Kim has a cast for the whole first half of season 4 for an injury that occurred in the back end of season 3.) but I also think it's a reoccurring theme in their work that actions don't have overnight repercussions.

If we look at a plot line of Jimmy faking the Mesa Verde documents that takes place in the latter half of season 2, the result of which is Chuck trying to get Jimmy disbarred finally gets fully resolved here in the season 4 finale where Jimmy finally gets his law license back.

At its heart I think this is why BCS is such a great show. We know the outcome, Jimmy becomes Saul but we come back to watch because despite his struggles when we first meet Jimmy he's in a relatively good place mentally and emotionally. To see him become a shell of what he used to be and for it to happen in such a slow descent is unbelievably tragic and compelling and thus makes for amazing television.

They also do a good job of showing how sweet Jimmy becomes the raging but funny asshole that is Saul Goodman. Too many show writers tell but don’t show.

• Love 1

Speculation on how Saul is going to handle the cab driver who recognized him.  I don't see him killing anyone but I can't remember if he's killed anyone before -- it's been so long since I watched BB.  I'd love to see a Saul scheme to shut the guy up. 

I hope we don't have to wait for the start of season 6 to see the outcome.  Again, I can't remember if past seasons of BCS have included Omaha in any episodes past the premiere.  Have they?