Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 All Episodes SPECULATION AND LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

On 8/21/2018 at 6:53 PM, BuyMoreAndSave said:

I thought of a theory...what if the reason Jimmy and Kim break up is because Jimmy somehow unwittingly drags Kim into something that ends up getting her disbarred?

There are so many ways their relationship can turn by the time BCS catches up to BB's timeline. My gut tells me it'll go one of two ways. One, Kim will disappear altogether. This past episode began to show her character beginning to unravel with Jimmy becoming cold and distant after Chuck's death and the now increasing pressures of her client's (Mesa Verde) aggressive expansion. She will either become insane or disappear.

Two, the likeliest theory is she will become Saul's silent partner by the end of BCS. Since they BOTH ran a scam using Ice Station Zebra Associates just to get a cheap high, she'll eventually give in to Jimmy's/Saul's dark side, but only if she remains in anonymity. 

There are soooo many ways this can play out!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hartwell said:

There are so many ways their relationship can turn by the time BCS catches up to BB's timeline. My gut tells me it'll go one of two ways. One, Kim will disappear altogether. This past episode began to show her character beginning to unravel with Jimmy becoming cold and distant after Chuck's death and the now increasing pressures of her client's (Mesa Verde) aggressive expansion. She will either become insane or disappear.

Two, the likeliest theory is she will become Saul's silent partner by the end of BCS. Since they BOTH ran a scam using Ice Station Zebra Associates just to get a cheap high, she'll eventually give in to Jimmy's/Saul's dark side, but only if she remains in anonymity. 

There are soooo many ways this can play out!

Scamming a rich douchebag out of a few thousand dollars that he can afford to lose is one thing. Being involved in a drug cartel's operations (a drug cartel which has no qualms about killing children to serve its ends) is another. I don't see Kim ever being ok with that. She's not even ok with the guilt over acting as Jimmy's lawyer against Chuck because she thinks it led to his suicide, even though everything they revealed about Chuck was true.

• Love 6

Nacho is just falling apart more and more with every episode!   He's barely moving at this point.

Bryce Lynch -- I wondered the same thing about Fran!   She didn't seem to even notice.   She might be pining for Mike from afar.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Ex-cop Mike shredding the witness's story. Good scene. I've been wondering what sort of tipping point will send Mike on to what he becomes in Gus's crew. If anything in particular. He hasn't entirely crossed over yet, but he's getting there.

• Love 4
Just now, TVFan17 said:

I think Mike might have scared off his potential girlfriend -- or he will scare her off soon.     

I think he might have scared off the whole support group.  "Quit feeling sorry for yourselves and feeding off each other's misery.  Snap out of it!". That is always how I thought Mike would be in a grief counseling group. :)

Will Jimmy join the group?  At first I thought the shrink Kim mentioned might be Marie's Dave. Now I am wondering if it is the guy leading the group.

• Love 2

I am beginning to think the whole Kim thing is going in a new direction....

OK try this on for size. Kim is clearly disillusioned about being a high-priced enabler for Mesa Verde, she wants to feel like she's making a difference in the world and is going through an existential crisis. She'll end up working as a public defender in the district court because that's what's she angling for in Episode 4.

One of her defendants will end up being a Gus Fring cartel member...maybe even Nacho? She will delve too deep into the cartel stuff, and get herself into real trouble, despite Jimmy trying to use his contacts to keep her out of it. I predict that *KIM* will be the one who will need the services of the Disappearer first....she'll have to bail and start a new life, back towards her home in....Omaha Nebraska. Where someday, Jimmy McGill AKA Saul Goodman AKA Gene Takavic will be able to join her.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ahmerali said:

I am beginning to think the whole Kim thing is going in a new direction....

OK try this on for size. Kim is clearly disillusioned about being a high-priced enabler for Mesa Verde, she wants to feel like she's making a difference in the world and is going through an existential crisis. She'll end up working as a public defender in the district court because that's what's she angling for in Episode 4.

One of her defendants will end up being a Gus Fring cartel member...maybe even Nacho? She will delve too deep into the cartel stuff, and get herself into real trouble, despite Jimmy trying to use his contacts to keep her out of it. I predict that *KIM* will be the one who will need the services of the Disappearer first....she'll have to bail and start a new life, back towards her home in....Omaha Nebraska. Where someday, Jimmy McGill AKA Saul Goodman AKA Gene Takavic will be able to join her.

I'm not sure we see a happy ending with Kim (or whatever her new name is) and Gene live happily ever after in Nebraska.  Gene seems to be alone in the flash forward scenes.  Maybe at the very end, Kim will stroll into Cinnabon, but I don't get the sense that they coordinated their disappearances. 

Do cartel members typically get public defenders?  I would think they would have high priced drug lawyers or "criminal lawyers" like Saul Goodman.  

It has been hard for me to predict which way the writers are going with Kim.  One minute it looks like she looks like she is going to leave Jimmy, then the next it looks like she is pulling closer to him.   The latest preview appears to show her in hot water with Mesa Verde (a phone call from Paige, saying they have a huge problem, and then Kim telling Paige, "It won't happen again."   Of course, the preview for 403 also made it seem like she was in trouble with MV, but she wasn't.

I definitely see her moving toward criminal law.  One scenario I could see would be that Kim starts defending the grilled cheese stabbers, and such, and then when Jimmy's suspension ends, she and Jimmy form Saul Goodman & Associates.  The name of Saul's firm in BB implies that at some point he had a partner or other lawyer(s) working with him.  Also, Saul uses Kim's invention of  Ice Station Zebra Associates as his "loan out".  That could just be nostalgia for Kim or could indicate that Kim was at one point part of SG&A.

• Love 1

I haven't had time to watch and so recently binged the first few episodes.  I gotta say, the thunder is a bit gone for me.   I know we'd end up here, i.e Saul meets Breaking Bad, but I REALLY , REALLY liked the Chuck storyline and miss it greatly.

Breaking Bad was amazing but I'm feeling as if the writers are going to have to come up with something off the charts to hold my interest for what amounts to Round 2 of the same thing.

I have faith the story will engage me at some point, but I'm not there yet :(

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1

I love this intro!!  It's the old Saul office we know from Breaking Bad -- and he called the disappearing guy!!   (Is anyone here and watching live on Labor Day?)

So many flip phones...

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

I love this intro!!!!!  It's the old office -- and he called the disappearing guy!!   (Is anyone here and watching live on Labor Day?)

Watching... so kind of a flash half-forward?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SoMuchTV said:

Watching... so kind of a flash half-forward?

It seems like it!  It's not quite to Gene days, but it is a flash forward of some sort.  

Edited by TVFan17

It

43 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Okay what was Jimmy doing in the store?

I think he was essentially stealing some of the product in a clever Jimmy way  -- at least that's what it seemed like to me, though I could be wrong --- so he could sell the phones and collect the cash.    

Of course, he got away from the biker gang (after selling them phones) without a scratch, and then got beaten up/robbed by those punk ass kids.   (I kept expecting Skinny Pete and Badger to appear.)

And we got another Breaking Bad cameo -- The Dog House!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

It

I think he was essentially stealing some of the product in a clever Jimmy way  -- at least that's what it seemed like to me, though I could be wrong --- so he could sell the phones and collect the cash.    

Of course, he got away from the biker gang (after selling them phones) without a scratch, and then got beaten up/robbed by those punk ass kids.   (I kept expecting Skinny Pete and Badger to appear.)

I think Jimmy actually bought the phones with his Hummel money and was selling them for a profit on the streets 

The Dog House has been on BCS before.  Jimmy and Kim ate there at least once.

33 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I have realized that it is an arduous, labor-intensive task to build a lab.

Howard has insomnia?   What's wrong with him?   

I think his guilt over Chuck is tearing him apart.  Seems like Jimmy seeing that made him realize that having a conscience is overrated.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think Jimmy actually bought the phones with his Hummel money and was selling them for a profit on the streets 

The Dog House has been on BCS before.  Jimmy and Kim ate there at least once.

I think his guilt over Chuck is tearing him apart.  Seems like Jimmy seeing that made him realize that having a conscience is overrated.

I remember the Dog House being shown before on BCS, but, to me, the name of it seemed much more prominent tonight, like they did not want us to miss seeing that name under any circumstance.  lol    I don't recall the name being quite as 'in-your-face' in the previous episode(s).

Someone needs to deal with those kids who robbed and beat up Jimmy.   Where are the Cousins when you need them?  lol

Okay, that makes sense (about Jimmy using the Hummel money for the phones) -- I knew he had to be profiting from selling them somehow, but I wasn't totally sure of what he was doing before he got to The Dog House and if he was going to pocket all of the money from the sales, or only some of it, or what was happening.

For a moment I actually wondered if Howard was on drugs, or was going through withdrawal, or was having some sort of reaction due to an unknown substance.   I wondered if he might have some serious illness we don't know about.   There is so much more to him than what we know or have been shown, so he is a total mystery, even in Season 4.    But his behavior in the bathroom could be more emotionally driven than substance driven, for sure.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

It

I did, too! My guess is that they would have been too young back then, but I would have loved to have seen them.

• Love 1

Hi Everyone, 

2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Chuck!

Chuck the Schmuck. Didn't seem too bad back then. Jimmy may have felt bad, but that is his own fault for not doing his homework, Kim did hers. 

Good thing he was truthful, since she is on to him now.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I was surprised to see that tonight's episode was directed by Pixar's Andrew Stanton!

I'm not familiar with him. What has directed at Pixar. This is where you tell me everything I bet, lol. 

13 minutes ago, maystone said:

What was Kim reading off of Jimmy's notepad in the bedroom scene?  It looked like names and addresses to me.

I thought it was his master con game plan  until he gets his law license back into play. Must have been something about not seeing the shrink either. She had all those questions in the morning for him re; the shrink. Good thing he told her the truth. 

Edited by WalkerTalker
added the word,plan
  • Love 2
Just now, WalkerTalker said:

I'm not familiar with him. What has directed at Pixar. This is where you tell me everything I bet, lol. 

No, I won't bore you with the whole list.  You can look him up on IMDB.  He is a prolific writer and producer for Disney-Pixar, and has also directed a handful of movies for them.  He hasn't directed a lot of non-Disney-Pixar projects, but he seems to be moving into that,  with Stranger Things and now this BCS episode.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

No, I won't bore you with the whole list.  You can look him up on IMDB.  He is a prolific writer and producer for Disney-Pixar, and has also directed a handful of movies for them.  He hasn't directed a lot of non-Disney-Pixar projects, but he seems to be moving into that,  with Stranger Things and now this BCS episode.

ST is suppose to be a real winner, winner, scare you, and the chicken dinner, lol.

• Love 1

I just love the heartstring-tugging, warm and cozy visits between Gus and Hector.

This one guy (Kai) on the lab-building team is a jackass.  He is not taking the job seriously.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

I like the name of the security camera, Enforcer. Mike is the enforcer too. 

Mike, or Tyrus, or someone else from the Gus Fring team is going to beat that Kai guy to a pulp if he doesn't shape up and take the job seriously.  He just wants to play.

Jimmy is trying to make a deal with the punk ass kids??   This must be a trap.

Edited to add:   Yep.  It's a trap.   Dumb kids.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Mike, or Tyrus, or someone else from the Gus Fring team is going to beat that Kai guy to a pulp if he doesn't shape up and take the job seriously.  He just wants to play.

The only way a child really learns is with a good paddling. Spare the rod  create a hood.

4 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

LOL............................ He really got them good.

Night Folks, Have a great week and enjoy the summer sun while it last. 

Edited by WalkerTalker
added, rod
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, WalkerTalker said:

I know he took it real hard. Seems like he had planned to come back to the law firm and work with her there. I bet without her there, they will not take him back now, enter BCS.

From the flashback it seems like he whole reason for wanting to become a lawyer was to impress Kim.

28 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Kain got the Dead Mackerel Eyes from Mike in his first 5 minutes.  He's toast.

• Love 2