Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 All Episodes SPECULATION AND LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Finally the worlds are merging! I hope we don't have to spend half the season mourning and de-/re-constructing Chuck and that all that stuff in the trailer won't happen until ep. 9. He's finally dead -- let's keep it that way. OK, that was mean. I'm sorry, Chuck; and Mr. McKean. No offense. :)

• Love 5

Thank you so much for putting an air date in the subject line of this thread!    The dates make it easier (for me) to find the threads for the episodes of different series.  When a thread only indicates the season and the episode number (with no date or title), sometimes I have to stop and think about which episode I am searching for.  In other words, I don't always remember if it is episode 6 or episode 4, but if I see the date an episode aired, I can find what I need!

Is there going to be a live discussion thread for each new episode, as there was last year?  

Edited to add:  I see that this thread has become the Live Chat thread!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Thank you so much for putting an air date in the subject line of this thread!    The dates make it easier (for me) to find the threads for the episodes of different series.  When a thread only indicates the season and the episode number (with no date or title), sometimes I have to stop and think about which episode I am searching for.  In other words, I don't always remember if it is episode 6 or episode 4, but if I see the date an episode aired, I can find what I need!

Is there going to be a live discussion thread for each new episode, as there was last year?  

I have changed this to the live chat/speculation thread since the comments better fit that theme.  Post to your heart's content!   

• Love 2
Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I have changed this to the live chat/speculation thread since the comments better fit that theme.  Post to your heart's content!   

I think I just noticed it about one  minute after you did that!  lol   I came back here to check and noticed it.   Thank you!

Jimmy is one effed up dude.  He's the dog who chased the fire truck of his brother's love.  Now the fire truck is gone and he believes he wrecked it.

TPTB is laying a solid predicate for what is to come.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

That cab driver looked very familiar. And he definitely recognized Saul. 

Not gonna lie, I've got "Burn" from Hamilton in my head, thinking about Chuck.

Gene was spooked by the Albuquerque Isotopes air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror, which made him think the driver was from ABQ and might have recognized him.

• Love 2

I knew someone would be lurking in the shadows, watching every move Nacho made.     He went to the darkest place he could find to dump those pills, and yet Victor was on his tail.

• Love 2

I am finding this episode to be a bit dull.  Not much has really happened.  We knew Chuck was dead, and Hector had a stroke.  The Mike snooping around Madrigal stuff seems dumb to me.  We waited almost a year and a half and they barely moved the plot at all.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

What an evil smile JImmy gave us when he fed the fish, realizing his plot to get HHM worked beautifully.  

Yep, he is a real POS.  He basically killed his brother and let Howard blame himself for it.  Chuck was right about Jimmy all along.

Was Saul killing the goldfish by deliberately over feeding it?

Edited by Bryce Lynch

I think they had to pick up the Gus-Nacho-Hector story right where they left off last year, because it's somehow all leading up to 

Spoiler

the introduction of Lalo (which was mentioned at Comic-Con last month).

I thought it was a pretty good episode.  There were some tense moments, both in the opening scene with Gene and the taxi, and in the Nacho/Gus/Victor segments.    

As for Mike... he was pretty much being Mike, doing what Mike does.    He snoops.   He covers all angles.  He acts surly and annoyed.   He proves he is smarter than almost everyone else in the room.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I was going to give Lodge 49 a try, but now I am boycotting it like Into the Badlands and The Terror because AMC decided to pull the BS with the preview again.

Can you elaborate? I was also wondering if it was worth watching but I’m not sure what you’re saying here?

5 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Can you elaborate? I was also wondering if it was worth watching but I’m not sure what you’re saying here?

At the end of BCS, instead of going straight to the "next week on BCS" there was a message saying to stay tuned for the BCS preview during the first commercial break of Lodge 49.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Maybe that they delayed the preview til after Lodge 49 cold open?

Sorry @Bryce Lynch. Great minds....

Edited by SoSueMe
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

In the aftermath of three emergencies, everyone in 'Smoke' searches for clarity in our EPIC OLD-SCHOOL RECAP of S04.E01.

View the full article

I don't recognize the actor and can't find him in the end credits or, as I'm working off a screener for this recap, the IMDb, so if this is a person we're meant to recognize, holler at me in the comments.

Don Harvey. He hasn't been on this show or Breaking Bad, but he's one of the cops on The Deuce, so someone they had flown in for the role, which they likely wouldn't do if this was the only time we were going to see him.

Edited by ApathyMonger
6 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Regardless of Jimmy's loss of moral compass, I really love how Kim sticks up for him.

I had the opposite reaction.  I thought it was sad that she is falling for Jimmy's crap.  He is going to drag her down.

Great ending!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I had the opposite reaction.  I thought it was sad that she is falling for Jimmy's crap.  He is going to drag her down.

Yeah, I agree. But she doesn't know how he's changed so I still love how she loves him.

• Love 1

My thought re the Hummel figurines was not that Jimmy wanted to steal them but that it was somehow connected to that Sandpiper client he had - the one in the ad, I think - who collected them.

Is anyone watching now?     Poor Nacho.   I hope he manages to make it out of this series in one piece, but that would be a miracle.

Every time those cousins are onscreen, I feel a sense of dread.    We (those of us who watched Breaking Bad) know exactly what they are capable of, and I never know when they are going to start unleashing hell on people.     I was surprised they didn't kill Nacho right on the spot -- just because they could, and because he was in a vulnerable position.  (Yes, I know that they think he is on their side, but still....)

Victor sure does put in a lot of work for his boss, Gus.  He is a dutiful, loyal, hard-working employee.    He often sticks his neck out for Gus in many ways.   ;)

Mike seemed genuinely sympathetic to Jimmy (about Chuck) -- as much as he could be.   Mike could tell that Jimmy was hiding his feelings.

• Love 5

I feel kind of bad for the Hummel thief. This can't end well for him.

I am totally confused about Kim's reaction to the expansion plans.

ETA okay then, Hummel thief is okay :)

Edited by SoSueMe
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

I feel kind of bad for the Hummel thief. This can't end well for him.

I am totally confused about Kim's reaction to the expansion plans.

I think the Hummel this is Ira from Vamanos Pest.

I think Kim might be intimidated by the volume of work.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

I don't know who Gale is. I didn't watch BB, is he from that?

Yes!  He worked for Gus -- in a lab with Walter White for a bit.  He loves coffee, and apparently can brew a good batch, according to Walt.  His likes to sing jaunty tunes.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

Listened to Sarah D. Bunting idea on the EHG podcast and I have a completely different crackpot theory -- what if Kim slept with Chuck at some point and is feeling guilty about it? She didn't know whether to give Jimmy the letter because she didn't know if Charles had fessed up, so her breakdown after he reads it is a combination of guilt and relief. That could be the betrayal that puts the final nail in Jimmy's coffin and gives birth to Saul...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, murrayboston said:

Listened to Sarah D. Bunting idea on the EHG podcast and I have a completely different crackpot theory -- what if Kim slept with Chuck at some point and is feeling guilty about it? She didn't know whether to give Jimmy the letter because she didn't know if Charles had fessed up, so her breakdown after he reads it is a combination of guilt and relief. That could be the betrayal that puts the final nail in Jimmy's coffin and gives birth to Saul...

I think Kim expected it to be a scathing goodbye from Chuck along the lines of "you're a no good thief, scumbag, con artist." I believe her blow-up in Howard's office had come back to haunt her more than anything. She also realized by Jimmie's cold reaction to Chuck's letter that she was seeing the end of "James McGill".

• Love 1