Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Field of Dreams

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, jrpollack said:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but Kelli and Judy both talked about "ups and downs" and "lots of attrition" during the last season - they discussed how only 23 of the 30 veterans were returning, but they had 36 at the beginning of last season... can anyone tell me which 6 left during the year and why? I read through the 201 pages of last season's posts and only saw one post about one girl who wanted to concentrate on school...

thanks!

You gotta head over to one of the spoilers boards and they will get you squared away ?

• Love 2

First of all Kelli and her the girls at Semi-Finals are the nation's top dancers. Right.... Cersten and her I wanted to make sure Judy and Kelli knew I had a great reason for leaving the squad. Think much about yourself Cersten. I could have watch the show with no Cersten or Jenna being featured. Jinelle is one class act. Jenna and Cersten could have taken lessons from her on being humbled instead of being self centered and entitled. Brenna and her Meredith was too focus on herself. Did she take a long hard look at Victoria and Daphne before saying that. I like Meredith, Malena and Dayton. And Scott the weatherman needs an award for standing up to Charlotte and Kelli.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

First of all Kelli and her the girls at Semi-Finals are the nation's top dancers. Right.... Cersten and her I wanted to make sure Judy and Kelli knew I had a great reason for leaving the squad. Think much about yourself Cersten. I could have watch the show with no Cersten or Jenna being featured. Jinelle is one class act. Jenna and Cersten could have taken lessons from her on being humbled instead of being self centered and entitled. Brenna and her Meredith was too focus on herself. Did she take a long hard look at Victoria and Daphne before saying that. I like Meredith, Malena and Dayton. And Scott the weatherman needs an award for standing up to Charlotte and Kelli.

I didn't pick up on that.. Kelli said "rumor has it and I don't know for sure..." and Cersten replied with a 20 second answer, acknowledging the rumor, and K&J said "that's awesome. We are proud of you".  It does close an open side-story line from previous seasons.

I do wish they would have called the others in just to say something about their new path... Robin had to say in a TH that is going to broadcasing?... what about Simone?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Hahahahahaha I felt so bad for him. I hope someone tells him to read these boards. You were right Scott! It’s a conspiracy dude!!!!

To quote an old Bob Dylan song, You don’t need a weatherman/To know which way the wind blows

We all know which way the wind is blowing with respect to VK. Thanks to Weatherman Scott for speaking up though!

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Was Danielle in the one area helping out the Semi-Finalists when they were leaving the field after being taught the routine and kicks/jump splits. It look like her standing by the tunnel.

Yes 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

There was another retired veteran in a black dress helping coordinate the girls in their seats, I think Brittany Evans?? 

Amy T was there too. I saw her as the girls were entering the stadium.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

1) Kelli and her “Imma teach her how to point her toes” omg. I love those moments. It’s almost “heck yeah I can still do the field entrance and hit every daggone line” comment from years back ?

And you KNOW she could!!  Get her out of those Rockstuds and into some boots :)

• Love 3

When I saw Paris walking in to the building wearing a navy bodysuit with big roses... I just wanted to give her a hug.  That's just so obviously not how they want the DCC to present themselves.   And I understand why she got cut, but it's just too bad because I find her so watchable even when her technique isn't great.  It's a shame that she wants this but doesn't have the resources to get it.  I feel like with a year of intense technical dance training that, combined with her natural charisma and better hair, she would be a stand-out.  

I can't help it-- I love Brennan.  I rooted for her last year, and I'm rooting just as hard this year.  I think her eyes are a little weird, but I call bullshit on MR calling out her dancing as not being as good as last year.  I thought she looked strong.

Victoria's look doesn't appeal to me at all.  As for Kelli not wanting to dance in her group?  Well, no one wants to get kicked in the head.  

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

When I saw Paris walking in to the building wearing a navy bodysuit with big roses... I just wanted to give her a hug.  That's just so obviously not how they want the DCC to present themselves.   And I understand why she got cut, but it's just too bad because I find her so watchable even when her technique isn't great.  It's a shame that she wants this but doesn't have the resources to get it.  I feel like with a year of intense technical dance training that, combined with her natural charisma and better hair, she would be a stand-out.  

I can't help it-- I love Brennan.  I rooted for her last year, and I'm rooting just as hard this year.  I think her eyes are a little weird, but I call bullshit on MR calling out her dancing as not being as good as last year.  I thought she looked strong.

Victoria's look doesn't appeal to me at all.  As for Kelli not wanting to dance in her group?  Well, no one wants to get kicked in the head.  

I had the same thought! I was just like 'oh, oh noooo'. I know she was only auditioning and not a DCC but all I could think was 'someone would be dispatched straight to Belk'. Not remotely DCC style, even athleisure style.  Seemed such a sweet girl , even if her hair, like so many others, was questionable.  Goes to really show being a DCC is really something you've got to have wealthy parents to do, for the most part.  If she could afford intensive training and not need to be working as much, then her looks and charisma and definitely something I'd think the DCC could use, but without those funds to allow her the freedom to do that...it's a shame, and she was clearly so crushed by it.

I was shocked by MR saying that Brennan was weaker than last year, whn literally last episode K&J were discussing how much stronger she was, how she was really bringing it, and that the only question was her confidence.  and then the comment about 'there's no point taking her to TC unless she makes the team'. were that true, why take 45+ into TC? you know some will be cut. if you only took girls you know you won't take, training camp would only be about learning the dances, not about buidling the strongest squad.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

Well said.  When alot of the women were ages 3-5 , their families had the financial resources for a dance classes with all of the necessary costumes and shoes. Most have been to college - again had the support and resources - both financial (ie $$/loan/scholarship) and non-financial ( someone helping with the SAT/ACT, reading college admission essays, etc). 

Paris had a struggle just to get as far as she is , without formal technical training. She did well to get a part the music vidoes she mentioned last week. 

Maybe someone watching this will offer her a scholarship to lessons. I do hope she tries out for some of the FL teams to keep working towards her goal.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I forgot about her! I didn't see Elizabeth or Kelsey either. Maybe they weren't confirmed to be retiring at that time? Idk. They just showed those 7 but I was like wait...

Chantel, Bess and Kelsey all ended on good terms, completed season, etc. so I guess I didn't really think twice about them not being mentioned - they probably officially resigned after that and voiceover wasn't updated (it wasn't updated last year for Mandy either)  They probably just had other plans on that day when CMT came in to film draft day stuff and closing interviews with Kelli. Or they didn't sign off on CMT releases for one reason or another.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

I had the same thought! I was just like 'oh, oh noooo'. I know she was only auditioning and not a DCC but all I could think was 'someone would be dispatched straight to Belk'. Not remotely DCC style, even athleisure style.  Seemed such a sweet girl , even if her hair, like so many others, was questionable.  Goes to really show being a DCC is really something you've got to have wealthy parents to do, for the most part.  If she could afford intensive training and not need to be working as much, then her looks and charisma and definitely something I'd think the DCC could use, but without those funds to allow her the freedom to do that...it's a shame, and she was clearly so crushed by it.

I was shocked by MR saying that Brennan was weaker than last year, whn literally last episode K&J were discussing how much stronger she was, how she was really bringing it, and that the only question was her confidence.  and then the comment about 'there's no point taking her to TC unless she makes the team'. were that true, why take 45+ into TC? you know some will be cut. if you only took girls you know you won't take, training camp would only be about learning the dances, not about buidling the strongest squad.

You don’t need wealthy parents to be a DCC.... plenty of these girls do not come from wealth. But you do need parents who have the resources to pay for dance classes and all that goes with that. There are plenty of kids across the nation in dance whose parents are not wealthy.

Paris grew up in an environment most of us simply cannot fathom... she is an inspiring young lady. I pray for continued good things for her. 

• Love 13

Did anyone think it was weird that they called Daphne’s name last?  They usually do that to key girls that they will showcase over the season. I figured it would be VK or Brennan so we could see the tears. 

Daphne seems like a shoe-in so that was definitely odd to me. No suspense or drama with the name calling like in previous years. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 2

Some thoughts on this episode:

Physically, Taylor J reminds me a LOT of Chelsea Chaney.  In all other ways, they're totally different.  I get a sweet earnest, hard-working feel from Taylor J (along with a lot of other positive qualities) which Chelsea didn't have.  Chelsea was good at being manipulative, talking a good game, and being sarcastic/snarky (and not always in the appropriate setting) among other things.

Too many VK talking heads.  I get Tina being excited, but Victoria just annoyed me at the end.  She seemed more excited then nervous at the end.  Did I hear her say "Miss Kelli and Miss Judy"?

Why was Brianna Arredondo (former Spurs Silver Dancer and captain of the squad) put on the end of the kickline next to a girl who was four to six inches TALLER than she was?  You can see the height difference at the 18:14 mark.  That would be enough to make the kickline SO much harder and could have contributed to any issues Brianna had.

Of COURSE it's a complex situation when you've known a girl since she was a baby and when her mother works for you.  We can plainly see that for ourselves, but, then again, a first-time viewer might not know the situation so I'm not going to give Kelli TOO much grief for this comment.

Victoria deliberations - I liked Scott Padgett's comments.  He called it like he saw it.  I watched the reactions of the other judges and some seemed to be "I'm glad you said that and not me" while others (especially Brenda and Charlotte) were "Oh no you DIDN'T!"  Charlotte and Brenda, especially, narrowed their eyes and, if looks could kill, Scott would be dead.  Kelli's face seemed to close down and seemed to lose all it's animation, like it was almost a personal attack on her instead of his thoughts about Victoria.  The "I wouldn't want to dance in her group" could go one of two ways: that she could really outshine and outperform the other girls or that she could really be that bad of a dancer who could possibly hurt another girl and cause other issues.

I think the whole conversation about Meredith seemed to be that she was too much of a solo performer and could she learn to be part of a team?  That learning to be part of a team was, I think, the whole issue with many of the judges.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Physically, Taylor J reminds me a LOT of Chelsea Chaney.  In all other ways, they're totally different.  I get a sweet earnest, hard-working feel from Taylor J (along with a lot of other positive qualities) which Chelsea didn't have.  Chelsea was good at being manipulative, talking a good game, and being sarcastic/snarky (and not always in the appropriate setting) among other things.

Too much VK (and Tina) talking head shots in the beginning, but otherwise mercifully few VK shots the rest of the show.

Why was Brianna Arredondo (former Spurs Silver Dancer and captain of the squad) put on the end of the kickline next to a girl who was four to six inches TALLER than she was?  You can see the height difference at the 18:14 mark.  That would be enough to make the kickline SO much harder and could have contributed to any issues Brianna had.

Of COURSE it's a complex situation when you've known a girl since she was a baby and when her mother works for you.  We can plainly see that for ourselves, but, then again, a first-time viewer might not know the situation so I'm not going to give Kelli TOO much grief for this comment.

Victoria deliberations - I liked Scott Padgett's comments.  He called it like he saw it.  I watched the reactions of the other judges and some seemed to be "I'm glad you said that and not me" while others (especially Brenda and Charlotte) were "Oh no you DIDN'T!"  Charlotte and Brenda, especially, narrowed their eyes and, if looks could kill, Scott would be dead.  Kelli's face seemed to close down and seemed to lose all it's animation, like it was almost a personal attack on her instead of his thoughts about Victoria.  The "I wouldn't want to dance in her group" could go one of two ways: that she could really outshine and outperform the other girls or that she could really be that bad of a dancer who could possibly hurt another girl and cause other issues.

I always take 'reaction shots' with a grain of salt because we have zero way of knowing if those were the true reactions of the judges after he said what he said or were from another time in the meeting entirely and edited in for added drama.  Did I still laugh like hell at Charlotte's Cruella De'Vil impresion? Oh yes!!! Would put money on that being her actual reaction to being disagreed with, absolutely, but the other judges...hmmmm unsure. its the cynic in me! ;) ;)

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I DVR the show so I can go back and watch scenes over again. It looked like she was put next to Randi from the AAIA whose tall.

Who was Kelli referring to when the girls were going into the split after the kick line?  She said something like "that's not good".

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Too many VK talking heads.  I get Tina being excited, but Victoria just annoyed me at the end.  She seemed more excited then nervous at the end.  Did I hear her say "Miss Kelli and Miss Judy"?

I think the whole conversation about Meredith seemed to be that she was too much of a solo performer and could she learn to be part of a team?  That learning to be part of a team was, I think, the whole issue with many of the judges.

Victoria deliberations - You nailed it!  Could not have said it better myself.  But I didn’t see what they were talking about concerning Meredith being a solo performer.

I'll give VK some slack on Miss Kelli and Miss Judy.  I am a huge proponent of my son when he was a child not calling adults by their first name and the old fashioned custom on what I grew up on "Mrs. Finglass" is not the norm these days.  So I bet Tina had VK call Kelli Miss Kelli all her life.  It would be that or Aunt Kelli.  It's a matter of teaching your children respect for their elders and probably  a habit for VK these days.  When one of my friends made Judge and I appeared in front of them, I would put a yellow sticky on the table to remind me not to call them by their first name out of habit.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

Holly P & Erica left/were cut during training camp last year. 

Alexandria left after the first preseason game. 

Milan left around Thanksgiving 

Kalyssa left after all games were played but did not finish out the contract/year. 

Wait, what. Aleandria left after all that effort? Did they let her go?

Kalyassa left too?

I don’t recall much about Milan.

i hope Brennan makes it if she was cut and other girls quit. You know she wouldn’t quit the team outside of a dire emergency.

16 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Victoria deliberations - You nailed it!  Could not have said it better myself.  But I didn’t see what they were talking about concerning Meredith being a solo performer.

I think the comment about Meredith was spot on. She was performing for herself and not for the audience or teammates. I’m sure she will make it because she was amazing, but she seemed into herself.

something about her reminded me of Jenna and Holly, but I think Holly was a better dancer than Meredith from her first moment onscreen.

18 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

In that one clip, I saw what some have said is VK’s “s******” dancing but I think it’s easier to tone down power or being a BIIIIIG s****** dancer rather than take a soft dancer and try to make them like an All-Star Holly P/Whitney I/Megan C. Does that make sense? 

If I was a judge I would have agreed with homeboy critiquing but I think a dancer who can dance big can tone it down easier than vice versa. 

Meredith gets 2 checks and I am tired of that one reporter lady ruiningggg TCC potential #Kat #dresswasntabigdeal #dresshasmorematerialthantheuniform #hashtagabuse 

YAAASSSSS!!!  I detest that judge.  She is so arrogant that she SOUNDS knowledgeable until you listen to her words.  I would love to see her gone, but sadly it will be Scott Padgett. 

• Love 5

say... did that girl who was very young (barely 18) from last year - she was tall, brown hair and the first to get cut from TCC - from NY/NJ - come back this year? I forgot her name.. I figured a year of life and experience would do her some good... 

5 minutes ago, sATL said:

say... did that girl who was very young (barely 18) from last year - she was tall, brown hair and the first to get cut from TCC - from NY/NJ - come back this year? I forgot her name.. I figured a year of life and experience would do her some good... 

Brianna.  No, she went to college in FLA.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

The judge who called out VK is tonight's MVP. Otherwise, I really enjoyed seeing more Vet end of the year action. I'm gonna miss some of those retiring. No shockers for finals---those who didn't make it didn't surprise me. 

But dude, the one tiny clip they showed of VK dancing looked like an out of control ride at the circus about to take out a camera. Char and Kelli are blind, blind, blind. 

This!  And, thanks for the hysterical "out of control ride at the circus" comment. 

Now, would somebody please give me the backstory on VK?  I will have to rewatch to see who she is.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

Wait, what. Aleandria left after all that effort? Did they let her go?

Kalyassa left too?

I don’t recall much about Milan.

i hope Brennan makes it if she was cut and other girls quit. You know she wouldn’t quit the team outside of a dire emergency.

I think the comment about Meredith was spot on. She was performing for herself and not for the audience or teammates. I’m sure she will make it because she was amazing, but she seemed into herself.

something about her reminded me of Jenna and Holly, but I think Holly was a better dancer than Meredith from her first moment onscreen.

Alexandria quit before season began but after one pre-season event. allegedly for a family emergency, though she had also just gotten engaged and moved across country so a few wondered if she was just having buyers remorse and wanted out

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So annoying to see the 'concern' and hesitation about inviting Brennan back to training camp. Good gravy, you can't tell me she's the worst one. I will be royally pissed if she doesn't make the team this year. I think she's gorgeous and a great dancer when they're not screeching at her.

• Love 12

Taylor (I think that is her name) almost looked bug eyed during her interview when she was talking about the Aggies and her Dad. It was distracting to watch.

I was noticing this, and finally decided she was trying really hard not to cry and so her eyes just got wider and wider.

Meredith's story was strange.  Getting cut at every audition and then getting an email asking her to dance in a magic show in Guam.  That story sounds a little like a prelude to being sold into trafficking or something.  I mean, an out of the blue email to go to a foreign country?  Maybe it wasn't that weird and we got the short cut version, but it was strange.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, hilaryvm said:

I was noticing this, and finally decided she was trying really hard not to cry and so her eyes just got wider and wider.

Meredith's story was strange.  Getting cut at every audition and then getting an email asking her to dance in a magic show in Guam.  That story sounds a little like a prelude to being sold into trafficking or something.  I mean, an out of the blue email to go to a foreign country?  Maybe it wasn't that weird and we got the short cut version, but it was strange.

Guam isn't a foreign country. It's part of the United States like Puerto Rico.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

That is so funny you mentioned this. I got MAJOR Chelsea vibes from her as well, in both personality and physical appearance though 

1 hour ago, Pasha Kitty said:

This!  And, thanks for the hysterical "out of control ride at the circus" comment. 

Now, would somebody please give me the backstory on VK?  I will have to rewatch to see who she is.  Thanks.

VK is Victoria Kalina; her mom Tina Kalina was a DCC during Kelli's time and they are BFFs. Tina has also been on the show a few times over the years as an alumni. Last season she was part of the panel to help the rookies. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Stee said:

Did anyone think it was weird that they called Daphne’s name last?  They usually do that to key girls that they will showcase over the season. I figured it would be VK or Brennan so we could see the tears. 

Daphne seems like a shoe-in so that was definitely odd to me. No suspense or drama with the name calling like in previous years. 

It was such a let down! They should have gone between Paris, Madi and Erin. That would have been much better suspense, tho based on what we were shown, I probably would have picked Madi. Daphne was such a shoo in. 

Didn’t they do that last year with Kalyssa? I could be remembering wrong. Or maybe it was the TC announcement. 

For heavens sake, CMT...give me a nail biter!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

If she says Miss Kitty, I'm going to think Gunsmoke:)

If only someone would have the guts to ask Kitty '"What's the matter, Kitty? Someone pull you through a knot hole?"

Had no designs on posting, just lurking, but Jinelle's exit merits it. I've watched MTT faithfully since day one and no girl has ever stolen my heart like she has. When they say beauty inside and out I will always think of Jinelle. God bless her, and thank you Australia for nurturing such a gem who somehow found her way to our shores!

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Had no designs on posting, just lurking, but Jinelle's exit merits it. I've watched MTT faithfully since day one and no girl has ever stolen my heart like she has. When they say beauty inside and out I will always think of Jinelle. God bless her, and thank you Australia for nurturing such a gem who somehow found her way to our shores!

I will admit, the first time I saw her, I very unfairly thought she didn't have the right 'look' but she's truly a beautiful young woman, and she really holds herself with pride and confidence while never appearing arrogant or showy or needing the spotlight.  She's a very charasmatic perfomer and seems like someone that'd be easy to get along with in an event situation, talking one on one.  Hands down, a true class act and I'm not surprised they're sad to see her leave the DCC because she was always a great ambassador as a cheerleader.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Jinelle several times in person, and I can tell you that she is absolutely wonderful. Truly a gorgeous person from the inside out. I was actually sobbing last night during her segment. Just adore her. 

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

If there were a DCC Hall of Fame, surely Jinelle would be a member.

See, now you’ve gone and started something.  In the category of dance, I’d have to add Jenna and Holly.  Overall, Sasha, Jacie off the top of my head.  Sorry Mods.  I’ll stop.

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, VintageJ said:

See, now you’ve gone and started something.  In the category of dance, I’d have to add Jenna and Holly.  Overall, Sasha, Jacie off the top of my head.

Neither Jenna nor Holly would ever make the DCC HOF. While they were amazing dancers, they were bad teammates and did not represent the brand well enough to be honored. 

• Love 6

My thoughts:

1) They could have and should have used half the episode devoted to the vets leaving. I would have loved to hear all of them, what their plans are when they retire. 

2) The semi-finals show is way too long. Yeah yeah, they practice on the field a billion times, we hear from Judy some look scared and some look confident. Then we see them perform for the judges. And then the judges deliberating. OK, I could do with more of that, but the dancing part...nope. I don't know these women and until they get to training camp, I'm not invested in any of them. I truly don't care if Susan broke her nail before the big dance boohoo in her little story lol. 

3) I cry...never. But I did get teary about Jinelle. I've always liked her, she is gracious, kind, and friendly to all. Plus she is an amazing dancer. 

4) I like VK and don't understand the vitriol directed about her on here. I can only surmise it's a whole lot of keyboard jealousy. She is bubbly and happy, beautiful and an excellent dancer. 

5) Marshall and Phil. They MADE the show. They were the best parts behind the vets saying good by. (or select vets, I should say lol) 

6) I miss the previews for next week. 

• Love 7