Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Field of Dreams

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I found that kind of uncomfortable to watch. Kelli seemed disingenuous, and Judy just had a stern look on her face. Not a big Jenna fan, but kudos to her for killing them with kindness and trying to keep a smile on her face.

now that she is no longer an active DCC (not sure if she is on retired or substitute squad) , I wonder what future plans does she have..... she can date (or have a fling) with whom she wants now..

I wish the exit interview would have focused on the future as opposed to Kelly saying "we had a few speed bumps in the road.."... let it go, just let it go..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Has Jalyn said her name on camera? Before the show, I thought it was JAY-lynn. But Kelli keeps saying jay-LYNN, which never occurred to me, but is definitely the way it would be said in the South. Jalyn is from Indiana, so no clues there.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

now that she is no longer an active DCC (not sure if she is on retired or substitute squad) , I wonder what future plans does she have..... she can date (or have a fling) with whom she wants now..

I wish the exit interview would have focused on the future as opposed to Kelly saying "we had a few speed bumps in the road.."... let it go, just let it go..

Can't let it go - it's part of her history.  If it hadn't been mentioned, there would have been comments about sweeping it under the rug.   But it was nice of Kelli to acknowledge how she handled it and how she was a good leader.   That's how you end it.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 5

Thanks, @NMDD43! I also found it on CMT and posted the link (I found it right after I posted the question so I edited the post--you're fast!) Since there is no thread for the next episodes, I'll mention that CMT has posted an interesting (at least to me) video of Marshal and his team doing a hair consult and makeover on one of the TCCs. They showed a lot more about how they analyze each girl's hair and teach them how to keep the DCC 'do looking Texas big and DCC glam. It was an impressive makeover, too! Here is the link, but be warned, it's a bit of a spoiler--if you watch the video, you will know at least one girl who made it into training camp, and I don't remember seeing her in the first two episodes of this season: http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/dvbour/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-get-the-dcc-look-hair. I don't think we'll see makeovers until episode 3 or 4, so if you don't want to be spoiled at all, don't watch it. There's also a DCC makeup bonus video with Peggy (their head makeup lady) and a TCC on the CMT site. It was nice to see more of Peggy and the transformation in the TCC, but it's not what I'd call a real "how to" video because it goes through the steps so quickly. I got a couple of pointers, though.

Spoiler

Also, I saw on a DCC fan Twitter page a post from a few hours ago that they heard that the squad has been announced but they didn't have any details or concrete knowledge this was true. With the Finals, Training Camp, etc. thread closed, I don't know where to post that, or where to ask if anyone here had seen/heard anything about announcing the team, so I just thought I'd put it in a spoiler bubble.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, M1977G said:

Thanks, @NMDD43! I also found it on CMT and posted the link (I found it right after I posted the question so I edited the post--you're fast!) Since there is no thread for the next episode, I'll mention that CMT has posted an interesting (at least to me) video of Marshal and his team doing a hair consult and makeover on one of the TCCs. They showed a lot more about how they analyze each girl's hair and teach them how to keep the DCC 'do looking Texas big and DCC glam. It was an impressive makeover, too! Here is the link, but be warned, it's a bit of a spoiler--if you watch the video, you will know at least one girl who made it into training camp, and I don't remember seeing her in the first two episodes of this season: http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/dvbour/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-get-the-dcc-look-hair. I don't think we'll see makeovers until episode 3 or 4, so if you don't want to be spoiled at all, don't watch it. There's also a DCC makeup bonus video with Peggy (their head makeup lady) and a TCC on the CMT site. It was nice to see more of Peggy and the transformation in the TCC, but it's not what I'd call a real "how to" video because it goes through the steps so quickly. I got a couple of pointers, though.

Hide contents

Also, I saw on a DCC fan Twitter page a post from a few hours ago that they heard that the squad has been announced but they didn't have any details or concrete knowledge this was true. With the Finals, Training Camp, etc. thread closed, I don't know where to post that, or where to ask if anyone here had seen/heard anything about announcing the team, so I just thought I'd put it in a spoiler bubble.

That thread is open and all spoiler info has been updated to real time. 

3 hours ago, M1977G said:

Thanks, @NMDD43! I also found it on CMT and posted the link (I found it right after I posted the question so I edited the post--you're fast!) Since there is no thread for the next episodes, I'll mention that CMT has posted an interesting (at least to me) video of Marshal and his team doing a hair consult and makeover on one of the TCCs. They showed a lot more about how they analyze each girl's hair and teach them how to keep the DCC 'do looking Texas big and DCC glam. It was an impressive makeover, too! Here is the link, but be warned, it's a bit of a spoiler--if you watch the video, you will know at least one girl who made it into training camp, and I don't remember seeing her in the first two episodes of this season: http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/dvbour/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-get-the-dcc-look-hair. I don't think we'll see makeovers until episode 3 or 4, so if you don't want to be spoiled at all, don't watch it. There's also a DCC makeup bonus video with Peggy (their head makeup lady) and a TCC on the CMT site. It was nice to see more of Peggy and the transformation in the TCC, but it's not what I'd call a real "how to" video because it goes through the steps so quickly. I got a couple of pointers, though.

I LOVE Marshall ???

• Love 4
10 hours ago, M1977G said:

Hide contents

But it is the exact same haircut they all have!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Opine said:

Yeah, either the do nearly nothing on the girl's hair and act like it's the biggest change ever, while in the side by side comparison it is literally near impossible to tell any difference at all, OR they give the girl the same haircut all te others have. that's not to say its not nice, but each of the lengths of hair seems to have pretty much a 'set' hairstyle they all end up with.  which is another reason I roll my eyes at girls that turn up with awful hair and extensions and then claim they've wanted to be a DCC since birth. the dcc look is really easy to replicate.  i know the girls need to have a somewhat 'uniform' look, but seriously, sometimes i find it impossible to tell some of the girls apart because their hair nad makeup is pretty much identical

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Yeah, either the do nearly nothing on the girl's hair and act like it's the biggest change ever, while in the side by side comparison it is literally near impossible to tell any difference at all, OR they give the girl the same haircut all te others have. that's not to say its not nice, but each of the lengths of hair seems to have pretty much a 'set' hairstyle they all end up with.  which is another reason I roll my eyes at girls that turn up with awful hair and extensions and then claim they've wanted to be a DCC since birth. the dcc look is really easy to replicate.  i know the girls need to have a somewhat 'uniform' look, but seriously, sometimes i find it impossible to tell some of the girls apart because their hair nad makeup is pretty much identical

I remember Reiner (way back when makeovers required a drink afterwards) saying something like:

”We don’t do a complete makeover on girls who don’t really need it. Some of these girls are hot (camera shows Alyssa Torres in his chair), so we do things to compliment her.” 

I think they do stuff to achieve a classic look that will also hold up on the field and that will maximize their look and features. We are so programmed to look for “before and after” shots that it’s almost disappointing not to see a huge difference. Just my opinion. 

• Love 1
Just now, Taralightner said:

I remember Reiner (way back when makeovers required a drink afterwards) saying something like:

”We don’t do a complete makeover on girls who don’t really need it. Some of these girls are hot (camera shows Alyssa Torres in his chair), so we do things to compliment her.” 

I think they do stuff to achieve a classic look that will also hold up on the field and that will maximize their look and features. We are so programmed to look for “before and after” shots that it’s almost disappointing not to see a huge difference. Just my opinion. 

but often there really is little to no difference. if they're going to be doing the 'shocking' makeovers and have the girls and Kelli gush and ooh and ahhh over how different they look, they need to show girls that actually do look different. otherwise its just 'reality' nonsense of trying to get the audience to believe that there has been a huge difference when there blatantly hasnt'. if they didn't make such a big deal over the looks that have barely changed, then fine, but when they make a huge deal over how the girl is transformed by a few highlights, thats just ridiculous.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Sorry another newbie question - can you make "show team" without making the squad squad? Just using  Lauren as an example - but the viewers knew weeks ahead that she had made show team. 

No 

No 

So when we watch week to week, the viewers know that the show team has no chance of being cut? I wonder if anyone has tried out for show team and not made it? That's kind of knowing your chances of making the team kinda slim.  Thank you!

Angela tried out for Show Group three years in a row and did not make SG. She was already on the team when she did try out for SG. A TC Candidate may not make SG her rookie year, but it may not mean her chances of making the squad is slimmer.

3 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

So when we watch week to week, the viewers know that the show team has no chance of being cut? I wonder if anyone has tried out for show team and not made it? That's kind of knowing your chances of making the team kinda slim.  Thank you!

Rookies who make show group are usually alternates.... is that right, @ShellyB

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Sorry another newbie question - can you make "show team" without making the squad squad? Just using  Lauren as an example - but the viewers knew weeks ahead that she had made show team. 

Rookie candidates that "make" show group are usually alternates...so if she ended up not making the team, then she would have been removed from the SG as well. That being said, I have yet to see a rookie that makes Show Group not make the team.  So if they are named to show group, chances are, they'll be named to the team.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Rookie candidates that "make" show group are usually alternates...so if she ended up not making the team, then she would have been removed from the SG as well. That being said, I have yet to see a rookie that makes Show Group not make the team.  So if they are named to show group, chances are, they'll be named to the team.

Sunni back in the day made SG her first time in TC but she did not end up making the team that year. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Sunni back in the day made SG her first time in TC but she did not end up making the team that year. 

She did? I thought she did not make SG until her second or last year. Shows how well I pay attention.

2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Rookies who make show group are usually alternates.... is that right, @ShellyB

It is dependent upon the formations and who’s is returning. Usually any “open” spots will go to new vets on SG. Rookies this year could easily be added if stage size permits formations for more than 12. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Opine said:

Ha, true that. But now they've shown us exactly how to curl it, tease it, and spray it! When I watched the video, I thought, oh, that was Jinelle's makeover! And I remembered her saying she needed to practice how to do her new hair and makeup. And then I thought, wow, that makeover really brought out her beauty and was one of the best on the show. And then I got sad all over again because she retired. Love her! Also, Marshall has me wondering if I should be using thermal hair spray. 

Just now, nittanyvolleyball said:

I missed that too lmao I miss everything 

Lol...apparently I missed out on it as well.  But I'm guessing posters weren't playing by the rules (same as a few days ago when it got locked)

3 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Now what'd I miss, why's the other thread locked?

LOL it got heated!  Shelly had a pretty good clap back and I LOLd all night about it.  Now, I guess we’re grounded.  I’m bored, nothing to read.  The thread is way more interesting than the show itself ??‍♀️??

• Love 6
Just now, ales-ya said:

LOL it got heated!  Shelly had a pretty good clap back and I LOLd all night about it.  Now, I guess we’re grounded.  I’m bored, nothing to read.  The thread is way more interesting than the show itself ??‍♀️??

Did anyone take screenshots?! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Did anyone take screenshots?! 

I didn’t :-( I set my phone down to do some other things, came back, everything was gone, and we were on time out.  

I should also say that thread was heated... for us.  Everyone is pretty nice, even when mad.  Not heated like other social media, no was name calling too much.  But I wasn’t expecting Shelly’s response, she’s usually so business and professional as the known “DCC rep.”

• Love 2
Just now, ShellyB said:

If you go back...not once did I ever say I was here to rep, just that they knew I came on with my original post. Unlike the “insiders”, I use my real name. I have a quick, sharp sense of humor and do not get get easily offended. So when it was suggested that I was lingering like a mall cop, I decided to give the visual of Paul Blart, the ultimate mall cop. ?

And I loved your Paul blart was to funny !! 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ales-ya said:

I didn’t :-( I set my phone down to do some other things, came back, everything was gone, and we were on time out.  

I should also say that thread was heated... for us.  Everyone is pretty nice, even when mad.  Not heated like other social media, no was name calling too much.  But I wasn’t expecting Shelly’s response, she’s usually so business and professional as the known “DCC rep.”

Yes. given it was a Saturday, the show airs on Thursday night (ie some watch on Friday/weekend), and last week was the 1st preseason game - the timing was cruel. I felt like I was all dressed up for prom and my date cancelled.

I too had to step away, wanted to come back only to find out we were "on punishment". With no stated ETA of how long we were in time-out, what all happened, nor announcement (other than the comments at the bottom of each page ) - annoyed & confused me -as I use the weekends to catch up.

I spent 15 min , including one reboot, trying to click on a response, to reply, - thinking something was wrong with my laptop before I saw "site closed to replies"...

Given that the theme of the show is "dancing" - just how much could be trouble could there have been. We are not going to agree on every little point - that is why  I enjoy this thread. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

If you go back...not once did I ever say I was here to rep, just that they (K&J) knew I came on with my original post. Unlike the “insiders”, I use my real name. I have a quick, sharp sense of humor and do not get easily offended. So when it was suggested that I was lingering like a mall cop, I decided to give the visual of Paul Blart, the ultimate mall cop. ?

Darn it! I miss it. I admit I have an interesting sense of humor at times too.

So, recently @Txmomof2 graciously informed me that the Finals, Training Camp, etc thread was open and had the spoilers and info I was longing for--thanks again! I didn't realize the threads could be unlocked and relocked, so I was waaaayyyy behind. By the time I finished, I was spent, y'all! As I was reading through the pages and pages (and pages), I was gasping, jaw-dropping, LOLing, and when I finally got to the end of the thread, I was all excited to post...and it is locked. So much amazing tea spilled and now I've no where to discuss it! I do have one thought that I did not see mentioned on the thread regarding the preview for tonights episode of finals round, so I'm putting it in this spoiler bubble:

Spoiler

I found it interesting that, when the vets arrived en masse as a united front (and yes, VK, I think was right an intimidation tactic), Keyra was shown briefly twice at the front of the group and I thought she was kind of taunting the rookie candidates beyond what the other vets were doing. In the preview at least, she was the first to throw up her arms and start "woohoo-ing" at the rookie candidates, and then they showed her kicking her leg up and it just seemed to me kind of tacky and immature and unsports(wo)manlike and rubbed me the wrong way. It also suggested to me that she may have been overly confident coming into auditions, and I bet she regretted that attitude when she got cut. I liked Keyra last year, but between finding out that she didn't show for at least one appearance and seeing her kind of obnoxious attitude, I'm no longer sorry to see her go.

Can't wait for tonight's episode! Finals is always one of my faves.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

If you go back...not once did I ever say I was here to rep, just that they (K&J) knew I came on with my original post. Unlike the “insiders”, I use my real name. I have a quick, sharp sense of humor and do not get easily offended. So when it was suggested that I was lingering like a mall cop, I decided to give the visual of Paul Blart, the ultimate mall cop. ?

It's easy to see where Dayton gets her wit from :) 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I laughed when I saw your response. And I don't think I worded my response as well as I could have in hindsight. My issue isn't so much the 'mall cop' that a different poster suggested it's that it's hard to talk about you---per the rules we aren't allowed to talk about other posters, but you are also a member of the DCC Organization & have been featured on the show. So where is that line drawn---and that is what I meant by my, now deleted, comment. I do appreciate your insight, it's just tricky staying within the rules of the forum while openly posting an opinion that you could/would be included on. Maybe the mods can clarify that in the future. I did think the original comment was brash. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Can someone send me a PM and let me know what happened on the Social Media thread to get it locked yet again?  Ugh.

and copy me...please

• Love 1
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

So, recently @Txmomof2 graciously informed me that the Finals, Training Camp, etc thread was open and had the spoilers and info I was longing for--thanks again! I didn't realize the threads could be unlocked and relocked, so I was waaaayyyy behind. By the time I finished, I was spent, y'all! As I was reading through the pages and pages (and pages), I was gasping, jaw-dropping, LOLing, and when I finally got to the end of the thread, I was all excited to post...and it is locked. So much amazing tea spilled and now I've no where to discuss it! I do have one thought that I did not see mentioned on the thread regarding the preview for tonights episode of finals round, so I'm putting it in this spoiler bubble:

Hide contents

I found it interesting that, when the vets arrived en masse as a united front (and yes, VK, I think was right an intimidation tactic), Keyra was shown briefly twice at the front of the group and I thought she was kind of taunting the rookie candidates beyond what the other vets were doing. In the preview at least, she was the first to throw up her arms and start "woohoo-ing" at the rookie candidates, and then they showed her kicking her leg up and it just seemed to me kind of tacky and immature and unsports(wo)manlike and rubbed me the wrong way. It also suggested to me that she may have been overly confident coming into auditions, and I bet she regretted that attitude when she got cut. I liked Keyra last year, but between finding out that she didn't show for at least one appearance and seeing her kind of obnoxious attitude, I'm no longer sorry to see her go.

Can't wait for tonight's episode! Finals is always one of my faves.

Spoiler

As far as your spoiler, I was thinking the exact same thing!! I was going to post about it today and then realized the other thread has been locked.  But yes, her behavior really rubbed me the wrong way and I felt less sad that she got cut after seeing that.  She really did seem to be taunting them! I completely agree that she likely had too much confidence in finals.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I laughed when I saw your response. And I don't think I worded my response as well as I could have in hindsight. My issue isn't so much the 'mall cop' that a different poster suggested it's that it's hard to talk about you---per the rules we aren't allowed to talk about other posters, but you are also a member of the DCC Organization & have been featured on the show. So where is that line drawn---and that is what I meant by my, now deleted, comment. I do appreciate your insight, it's just tricky staying within the rules of the forum while openly posting an opinion that you could/would be included on. Maybe the mods can clarify that in the future. I did think the original comment was brash. 

Interesting that some comments are deleted while others aren’t. I suppose it’s a reflection of how real life is. Any comments about me from parts of the show really have no effect on me. After all, it is a small, edited glimpse of my life. And any other comments about me outside of the show...ehh, whatever floats your boat.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Interesting that some comments are deleted while others aren’t. I suppose it’s a reflection of how real life is. Any comments about me from parts of the show really have no effect on me. After all, it is a small, edited glimpse of my life. And any other comments about me outside of the show...ehh, whatever floats your boat.

You are truly a class act ???? Thank you again for all of the information you provide us with!

• Love 7
On 8/12/2018 at 9:00 AM, PrincessLeia said:

1. Omg this comment made me snort ?

2. Doesn’t Kalina work for or manage the group that owns Del Frisco’s? Or is that old info?

3. What’s up with Yuko’s family? Are they loaded? Is that why Charlotte loves her and she can do no wrong?

#3 - Yes, I was wondering the same thing - is that how Yuko got on the team when she barely speaks english - her family basically bought her spot on the team?