Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Field of Dreams

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, jlc said:

#3 - Yes, I was wondering the same thing - is that how Yuko got on the team when she barely speaks english - her family basically bought her spot on the team?

Someone needs to spill the "Tea" about Yuko cause as far as I know yes they adore her, but she's not a very good dancer and she can't speak English.

Edited by nittanyvolleyball
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As far as your spoiler, I was thinking the exact same thing!! I was going to post about it today and then realized the other thread has been locked.  But yes, her behavior really rubbed me the wrong way and I felt less sad that she got cut after seeing that.  She really did seem to be taunting them! I completely agree that she likely had too much confidence in finals.  

THIS!!! :)

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Interesting that some comments are deleted while others aren’t. I suppose it’s a reflection of how real life is. Any comments about me from parts of the show really have no effect on me. After all, it is a small, edited glimpse of my life. And any other comments about me outside of the show...ehh, whatever floats your boat.

Love this!  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Someone needs to spill the "Tea" about Yuko cause as far as I know yes they adore her, but she's not a very good dancer and she can't speak English.

I listen to the pod cast she did during the calendar shoot in May, and I thought she spoke well and had a good gasp of the English language. She was so cute, and I enjoyed listening to her. And lets be honest, she is not the only girl on the team who may fit into the not very good dancer category.

I was reading as the posts were happening last night, and I didn’t see anything bad. But these boards are so tame... I used to post on the E! Girls Next Door boards back in the day...., those boards were BRUTAL. Omg. Sometimes I think this board is over moderated, but it’s better than the out of control madness that the E! Boards were circa 2007. 

Love y’all and cannot wait for the show tonight! I purposely didn’t nap my toddler today so I can put her to bed at 7 and get in my pjs and get ready!!!!

• Love 9

Looking forward to the next episode. The Finals are always my favorite because I love watching Kitty give her advice.  

This is the tamest board/forum I have ever been on. Some mom/parent boards I have been on tend to be the worst. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Looking forward to the next episode. The Finals are always my favorite because I love watching Kitty give her advice.  

This is the tamest board/forum I have ever been on. Some mom/parent boards I have been on tend to be the worst. 

Pregnancy birth boards and mom boards are the absolute worst! Second only to Disney forums. 

I'm excited for tonight---I love seeing Kitty too! And I like having the Vets out. 

• Love 2

I always love the finals ep but I also find it so frustrating because I always want to see more of the solos than we ever get to see, esp the returning vets. i wish CMT made the solos (at least those tht get into TC) available online in their full format

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

I always love the finals ep but I also find it so frustrating because I always want to see more of the solos than we ever get to see, esp the returning vets. i wish CMT made the solos (at least those tht get into TC) available online in their full format

I don't remember - have we pestered @ShellyB about this?  Probably not enough where it's a drinking game yet, huh?

Maybe after the episode airs tonight, more girls will post their solos.  Hint, hint.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't remember - have we pestered @ShellyB about this?  Probably not enough where it's a drinking game yet, huh?

Maybe after the episode airs tonight, more girls will post their solos.  Hint, hint.

I know they read this...I think most would like to see solos, so they can judge for themselves.

• Love 17

I’m excited for the finals as well. I am always impressed with miss kitty. She’s one of my favorite parts of the show.

Im looking forward to the mother/daughter angles the show has this season. I don’t think we get to see enough of moms and daughters in actual high pressure professional situations.  This is a reality TV show in that the story and maybe even casting is designed for drama, but at the end of the day some girls make the team and some girls don’t. The girls’ lives on the team continues for the next year, unlike say Survivor which lasts for a month. It’s a real, competitive dance job. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I know they read this...I think most would like to see solos, so they can judge for themselves.

I like to watch them cause it's one way they are judged to be a DCC.  But mainly, I like to see what the girls can do outside the DCC style.  I probably would never have known Whitney was an amazing lyrical dancer without her solos being featured.  Ashley M grew up in a dance studio and was a good technical dancer - what did she do to get that Barbie?  There is so much talent we never get to see.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I like to watch them cause it's one way they are judged to be a DCC.  But mainly, I like to see what the girls can do outside the DCC style.  I probably would never have known Whitney was an amazing lyrical dancer without her solos being featured.  Ashley M grew up in a dance studio and was a good technical dancer - what did she do to get that Barbie?  There is so much talent we never get to see.

It's always frustrating when they show someone getting a Barbie doll and all we saw was a snippet (if even that) of their solo. Let us see what they did to deserve those Barbies!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ShellyB said:

If you go back...not once did I ever say I was here to rep, just that they (K&J) knew I came on with my original post. Unlike the “insiders”, I use my real name. I have a quick, sharp sense of humor and do not get easily offended. So when it was suggested that I was lingering like a mall cop, I decided to give the visual of Paul Blart, the ultimate mall cop. ?

I was absolutely dying over that post, it made my night ?

In further unsolicited opinions, I will add that I'm hoping Paris changes her mind, gets as much technical training as she can over the next year, and comes back and kills it.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's always frustrating when they show someone getting a Barbie doll and all we saw was a snippet (if even that) of their solo. Let us see what they did to deserve those Barbies!

lmao and that's prob WHY most of them don't want to post their solos - the 'judges' here are even more harsh than on the show from what i've seen over the years.  They prob don't care to have it picked apart by people here where half admit to not having real dance background. I'd pass if I were in their shoes tbh. And on top of that, very few of them prob had their final solo filmed - they just have practice footage which may include some marking, etc. and then they get belittled for that.  Maddie is one of the only ones I've ever seen post her complete solo from finals. 

9 hours ago, raindancer said:

I'm hoping Paris changes her mind, gets as much technical training as she can over the next year, and comes back and kills it.

I honestly hope she doesn't, I think with what she's already done professionally that she will do much better for herself. :)

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I honestly hope she doesn't, I think with what she's already done professionally that she will do much better for herself. :)

I'd love to see her on the team, but it sound like she's for sure killing it and will do really well, no matter what she chooses ?

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Totally agree with you about their reservations for posting solos. But at the same time I can’t help pointing out that the majority of the panel don’t have a dance background either. Unless some of the panel have dance history that I’m unaware of (completely possible), only four out of sixteen on this year’s panel were actually ever dancers (Kelli, Judy, Melissa, Nick). I wish they had a few more legit dance community members on the panel to balance out the dentist, hairstylist, etc. I don’t have a problem with those people, but they don’t know dance. Kelli would probably need to look outside of the local dance community to make things fair (e.g. not using Kitty since she would obviously be biased), but the organization could afford it. They just choose to be notoriously stingy.

no, that is a very good point!! I would love to see more actual dancers on the judging panel.  I guess I just still see it as different because they have to open themselves up to their criticism to be considered for camp but certainly dont have to for strangers on the internet who are more than happy to tell them how poorly they turn, have no pizzazz, choreo sucks, and 'quit doing sh*t you cant do!' ...even IF they've clearly stated it's a run through after already practicing for hours.  I don't know, I guess the dark side of the internet has jaded me in that regard LOL  Or I might just be projecting how i would feel.  

• Love 1
Just now, JohnGalt said:

Absolutely, it’s definitely different. I just get irritated by the comments some of them make when they have no idea what they’re talking about, and I think the results would be slightly different if there were more people versed in dance on the panel. Sorry I went off on a tangent — I wasn’t contesting your point at all.

no worries, I didn't think you were - and I do agree with you on having more well versed people in dance on the panel.  speaking of, do you think Nick was a good addition? i feel like we didn't even hear him say much during judging deliberations! 

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

no worries, I didn't think you were - and I do agree with you on having more well versed people in dance on the panel.  speaking of, do you think Nick was a good addition? i feel like we didn't even hear him say much during judging deliberations! 

I agree with you and John about having a judging panel that is more versed in dance.  I love Nick Flores as a judge because his choreo for P!nk has been amazing. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

I think Nick is an amazing dancer and choreographer, but he, along with Judy, was very silent. I’m not sure if he was just afraid to speak up as a first time judge or if maybe a lot of his comments got edited out. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was voting against girls who were being pushed like Victoria and Malena, and they didn’t want to show too many dissenting opinions on the matter. But I really have no idea, so I’m just spitballing. 

With all the "extra" stuff going on this year, there is a lot of silence from some of the judges.

• Love 2

I guess their rationale for having non dancers on the panel is that they get perspective from what the "average" person in the stands would think.  Sadly, I think that dirty old man (can't recall his name) reflects what many are thinking..."she's hot!" or "she's not!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I guess their rationale for having non dancers on the panel is that they get perspective from what the "average" person in the stands would think.  Sadly, I think that dirty old man (can't recall his name) reflects what many are thinking..."she's hot!" or "she's not!"

Neal the country singer?