Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Field of Dreams

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

It amazes me every year how many women either can't kick or forget the kickline. The entire kickline can be seen in full on youtube. You have an entire year to prepare. There is no reason why you should come into semis, finals, and training without perfect kicks and splits. If you know kicks are a problem for you, you should have been working with someone specifically on that portion. There are girls onscreen who can't comfortably slide into the splits. This is a dance audition. I don't get it! 

Edited by DFWBelle
  • Love 24

Non-dancer here.. why is the kickline a new dance to the semi?

I mean this is season 13, the do it at every game (ie maybe score a ticket or find a youtube video) and they have been doing it for now for how many years?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

1) Kelli and her “Imma teach her how to point her toes” omg. I love those moments. It’s almost “heck yeah I can still do the field entrance and hit every daggone line” comment from years back ? 

2) ladies, it’s 2018 and while you have no clue what the dance choreo will be, you can easily look up and research the semi kickline routine.  And you know the choreo will have at least a double pirouette and a high kick. 

3) I am dying for the ones who have dancer brain freeze when they probably nailed it minutes before during practice. UGH!

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Victoria: "soft and sloppy," Charlotte "I have the opposite" Kelli "I have double checks and wouldn't want to dance next to her in my group"

This!!!! Then they showed the short clip of her at semis. Hot. Mess.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Victoria: "soft and sloppy," Charlotte "I have the opposite" Kelli "I have double checks and wouldn't want to dance next to her in my group"

In that one clip, I saw what some have said is VK’s “s******” dancing but I think it’s easier to tone down power or being a BIIIIIG s****** dancer rather than take a soft dancer and try to make them like an All-Star Holly P/Whitney I/Megan C. Does that make sense? 

If I was a judge I would have agreed with homeboy critiquing but I think a dancer who can dance big can tone it down easier than vice versa. 

Meredith gets 2 checks and I am tired of that one reporter lady ruiningggg TCC potential #Kat #dresswasntabigdeal #dresshasmorematerialthantheuniform #hashtagabuse 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, DFWBelle said:

Well of course not Kelli - you’d be hit when she moves into your space?

• Love 24

Melissa R brought up a good point I never really weighed before. If you’re going to do the simple yet apparently super super complicated field entrance (no snark) 4+ minute Thunderstruck AND amazing kickline, you should be able to survive doing 5-8 counts 4times and a mini kickline version. Then again, add nerves and the dancers are probably like wait how many counts?? can’t even focus, just straight up like kick kick kick oh shiz that was supposed to be a left kick, crap I am off, KELLI IS LOOKING AT ME DO NOT. CRYYYY left split. My heart breaks for the ones who tried out. 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
I can spell, guys, promise
  • Love 5

I wish the retirees would say what their plans are... or even why they are retiring... just 10 seconds..Robin was a surprise to me.

Producers have to know that we've followed  the women know  from when they were part of the 400 auditionees until retirement. I would like a little closure. 

Good luck future-Dr Cersten !

Edited by sATL
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, PWBlackburn said:

So am I wrong that they didn't show VK at all dancing or kicking in front of the judges?! 

As a VK defender, even I was like what, no favoritism? Lol

1 minute ago, sATL said:

I wish the retirees would say what their plans are... or even why they are retiring... just 10 seconds..Robin was a surprise to me.

Producers have to know that we've followed  the women know from from when they were part of the 400 auditionees until retirement. I would like a little closure. 

Good luck future-Dr Cersten !

Yeah, it would be nice to have more of a wrap with the vets we have adored over the years. 

• Love 3

Dayton seems to be showing a little more spark and personality this round.  But she seems to have a build where she will need to tone a little more and stay on it.  Rooting for her, pretty girl.

I'm willing to give VK a fair look but I do think what very little dance they showed looked sloppy.  If they thought otherwise (double checks, wanting to be in her dance group) actually show something that demonstrates that MTT!

• Love 1

Jinelle just had a sparkle from her first moments trying out. I want only fabulous things for her forever. I won't miss Cersten's forehead or Jenna's drama. Happy trails Robin, you were awesome.

That kick line on the red carpet had to be a hard, brutal landing. Yikes.  

The VK show is grating. That child needs a makeover and a gym. No clue why Tara made training camp again. 

• Love 15
44 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

1) Kelli and her “Imma teach her how to point her toes” omg. I love those moments. It’s almost “heck yeah I can still do the field entrance and hit every daggone line” comment from years back

Luv it!  The chats between Kelli and Judy are priceless!

• Love 3

I'll bet the 3yr old dance classes will be full this year... that seems to be a re-occurring backstory...

Any body from the LSU dance pool ? that has been a hot bed in the last few years..

I appreciate Paris honesty - I won't be back next year...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

I teared up FOUR times. What? 1) Gabby talking about her parents being her idols 2) Taylor's dad passing away and her obvious grief 3) Jinelle! I'll miss her so much. Kelli is right...she's a legend 4) Judy tearing up and her voice cracking

In other news, Victoria is beyond extra. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Can we give a shout out to Phil - the security ? Looks like he got an enhancment to his job - walking the women out onto the field... :)

Agreed and I came here to say this very thing! I love Phil! He's seems so sweet and he's very encouraging and respectful of all the ladies. He is like the fun uncle everyone wants to hang with! 

• Love 11

My all stars were Nick Florez-so legit and a good presence and rapport; Phil getting to lead the ladies to the field--OMG and he's so tall! And MARSHALL his hairdo and braids gave me life.  Was he wearing a plaid kilt? So cute how he crossed his fingers when the judges were talking about Brennan's chances.   And his pledge to take the violet out of Jalyns hair and tone it to a soft auburn.  (someone on here mentioned she looks like Janelle from Teen Mom, now I can't unsee it and she also reminds me of Casey Anthony).   Marsh def brings more to the show than Rainer ever did.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Can we give a shout out to Phil - the security ? Looks like he got an enhancment to his job - walking the women out onto the field... :)

Put Phil on the team!  When he went to the floor during the dance party, I was like Yeah!  He can do a quick number and then off the field he goes!  

I try to be nice and don’t like to talk bad about someone’s looks, but since this is DCC and looks are a major part of the criteria, VK does not look DCC or HD friendly to me.  Her face seems really ”big” and she looks old for her age.  Not to mention her gummy smile.  Please spare me seeing her on every other taking head about every thing.  There are other girls who can comment.  I’m already sick to death of seeing her and it’s only episode 2!!!

I really liked the segment about the last dance for the retiring vets.  They should do that every season.  I figure the reason they did it this season is because they are truly losing a lot of leadership this season and you had a 5 year vet and a 6 year vet retiring.  I’ve always loved Jinelle so I’m very sorry to see her go.  You can tell that Judy and Kelli really love her and are sorry to see her go.  They know that she was a gem to the organization.  I’ve always liked Jenna and hate that she messed so much up her last year.  Her dancing was on point and in that respect, she always gave 100%.  It’s funny because when Robin first tried out, I felt that she looked too cutesy (like some people feel about Maddie) for DCC.  But now?  OMG, she’s such a great DCC and boy was I wrong!  She really grew into DCC and is one of my favorites.  And yes, where’s Kelsey?  I didn’t see her in the vet practice.  Or maybe I’m forgetting and she didn’t try out last season.  I know she was on the squad for 2 years so I’m thinking she should have been on at the end of last season.  I’m feeling confused.  

• Love 12

From what we've seen, VK is NOT a sharp, powerful pom style dancer.  Hands down.  I don't see how any judge can argue against that unless they aren't showing us everything.  Sloppy sloppy sloppy!!!! Love that guy who called her out though

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Put Phil on the team!  When he went to the floor during the dance party, I was like Yeah!  He can do a quick number and then off the field he goes!  

I try to be nice and don’t like to talk bad about someone’s looks, but since this is DCC and looks are a major part of the criteria, VK does not look DCC or HD friendly to me.  Her face seems really ”big” and she looks old for her age.  Not to mention her gummy smile.  Please spare me seeing her on every other taking head about every thing.  There are other girls who can comment.  I’m already sick to death of seeing her and it’s only episode 2!!!

I really liked the segment about the last dance for the retiring vets.  They should do that every season.  I figure the reason they did it this season is because they are truly losing a lot of leadership this season and you had a 5 year vet and a 6 year vet retiring.  I’ve always loved Jinelle so I’m very sorry to see her go.  You can tell that Judy and Kelli really love her and are sorry to see her go.  They know that she was a gem to the organization.  I’ve always liked Jenna and hate that she messed so much up her last year.  Her dancing was on point and in that respect, she always gave 100%.  It’s funny because when Robin first tried out, I felt that she looked too cutesy (like some people feel about Maddie) for DCC.  But now?  OMG, she’s such a great DCC and boy was I wrong!  She really grew into DCC and is one of my favorites.  And yes, where’s Kelsey?  I didn’t see her in the vet practice.  Or maybe I’m forgetting and she didn’t try out last season.  I know she was on the squad for 2 years so I’m thinking she should have been on at the end of last season.  I’m feeling confused.  

She was on the 2017-2018 squad, so yes, she should have been there.  I didn't see her either.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DFWBelle said:

It amazes me every year how many women either can't kick or forget the kickline. The entire kickline can be seen in full on youtube. You have an entire year to prepare. There is no reason why you should come into semis, finals, and training without perfect kicks and splits. If you know kicks are a problem for you, you should have been working with someone specifically on that portion. There are girls onscreen who can't comfortably slide into the splits. This is a dance audition. I don't get it! 

Exactly.  At least work on your flexibility and stamina.  When I wanted to try out for cheerleading in high school, I had to learn to do a split.  I was an athlete but had to work on my flexibility in order to get it.  And I didn’t have a 13 season show to show it to me and I didn’t have an entire year!  These people already show be able to get into a split at the very least.  But you have a year to work on building up your core strength, technique and stamina, and getting your kicks up high.  

1 hour ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Okay, CMT please stop making Vk seem so extra. I am 99% sure the producers have lost their minds. There are like 100+ women. Interview other people, damn. 

Huge Meredith fan now! I hope all of these dancers do their very best!

You took the words right out of my mouth about VK.  And I’m also loving Meredith.

• Love 3

I imagine the adrenaline rush they get from actually performing at a game is quite different than the nervous energy that comes with auditions. The game rush would fuel your fire and keep you going throughout. At auditions, it's almost unfair because your muscles can get zapped so quickly from nerves, even if you generally have amazing stamina. 

• Love 2