Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Girls on the Side

On 8/15/2018 at 5:03 AM, MissEwa said:

Also that dragon tattoo looked old and faded and not like something worthy of compliments on the linework. 

Yeah....I'm a tattoo artist in any way. But, I'm pretty sure that is not an example of super praiseable linework or "too beautiful to cover". 

• Love 1

I see Josh and Caitlin getting together in the future. They have to give Josh a reason for being and Caitlin has been featured more and more. A whole new storyline. Liza not being able to accept it, Liza and Caitlin will have relationship issues, Liza and Josh's friendship strained. Wait for it....

• Love 3
On 8/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, bichonblitz said:

I see Josh and Caitlin getting together in the future. They have to give Josh a reason for being and Caitlin has been featured more and more. A whole new storyline. Liza not being able to accept it, Liza and Caitlin will have relationship issues, Liza and Josh's friendship strained. Wait for it....

I actually thought that was where this storyline was going until Caitlin told Liza about the Professor. 

• Love 2
On 8/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, bichonblitz said:

I will 100% quit watching this show if that happens.

• Love 8

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of the idea to pair Josh and Caitlin and was dreading this until the professor showed up. It's not that I object to the idea of someone dating within the family so to speak (it happens) but it would be incredibly lazy writing in this instance. Nothing suggests that these two are good match beyond them being the same age. I would prefer Kelsey and Josh - they have a great friends vibe right now and once both have sorted out their various romantic issues that might work.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I actually thought that was where this storyline was going until Caitlin told Liza about the Professor. 

Now that Caitlin and the Prof quickly broke up it leaves single Caitlin conveniently available for single Josh. This show is really grasping for stories. 

Aren't we two episodes from the end of the series? (Josh and Caitlin would feel far too much like incest. I can, however, see Caitlin with the older professor - she was always a Daddy's girl.)

• Love 1
On 8/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, morakot said:

True, but marrying Charles gives her an insta-family (with the added excitement of Pauline as the bio-mom and ex-wife). And you know that Liza is going to be the one looking after them (and/or dealing with their nannies).  

Ooh, ooh, ooh - she could marry Charles, then he and Pauline die in a plane crash, she gets custody of the girls, marries Josh who gets a family and Liza doesn't have to go through childbirth again. Win Win Win. ;-)

Wasn't Kelsey's boyfriend conveniently killed by a crane or something? Your idea probably isn't too out there for the writers hahaha

• Love 2
10 hours ago, morakot said:

Aren't we two episodes from the end of the series? (Josh and Caitlin would feel far too much like incest. I can, however, see Caitlin with the older professor - she was always a Daddy's girl.)

No, don't worry, season 6 has already been confirmed :-)

I think if they put Josh with Caitlin, Josh would only do it to get back at (or with) Liza. I'd rather have them put him Lauren, or with a guy.

• Love 1

Diana is great. I felt that moment when she was feeling herself at then her scarf blew away and she looked like a mess. At least no one was around to see it.

OK, it's not cool that Kelsey is trying to sabotage Liza and Charles. Throwing Josh at her. Throwing Laura Benanti at Charles.

Josh's new place doesn't look like a tattoo parlor. It looks like an art gallery. But maybe that's because there were so many extras in there I couldn't really get a sense of the place.

On the one hand, I'm glad Caitlyn isn't dating Josh because ew. On the other hand, goodbye, Greg. I don't like big age gaps and I also happen to be reading The Wife right now so a college student dating her former professor does not sit right with me.

Like, I'm glad Nico gets to do some acting but how many times have we heard a version of this whiny speech from Josh? Also, it would have made so much more sense for Liza to say she was a hypocrite because of Josh. It just felt so unnatural.

There's no reason to think from that Instagram story that anything was going on between Quinn and Charles.

We asked for it and the show gave it to us. Finally, Diana has the one storyline that isn't a complete mess. 

OK, I get the whole "we accept the love we think we deserve" thing but Charles and Liza just started dating. It's not like he's been doing anything to make her feel less than.

I did appreciate that when Liza confronted Charles she didn't get mad at him or give him an ultimatum. She just told him to call her when it is the right time. Which is what they should have done anyway. How long does it take to get a divorce if you're not fighting over assets?

and Diana! Really?? the only seafood that needs cheese is a Filet o'Fish, fer crissakes.

That was also weird because didn't Diana study abroad in Italy?

if you are paid for writing try to think of something new ffs!

Haha. Yes.  This is my review of so many things.

Speaking of Quinn, I realize she is suppose to be this real go-getter and aggressive personality and probably doesn't care what people think of her, but to me that seemed a very unprofessional question to ask. I mean she's all about think of number one and no one else, and do what you want. So why bother asking?

I think you can go after what you want and look out for your own interests without being a complete garbage person. She doesn't seem like she'd want to play games and try to seduce Charles away from his significant other.

I have to say, I am shocked that the writers think that the way they have written Charles makes him attractive. Not talking about looks at all (though I don't think he's all that), just his whole demeanor, which I find rather off-putting. What the heck is it about his personality that makes Liza so attracted to him? She is so much more relaxed and fun when she is around Josh and her friends than she is when she's around Charles. At least Big on SatC had a sense of humor and a bit of personality. 

I don't know if it's just the conversation on here but I'm starting to think that they think him being rich and powerful is enough. I don't think this was true in past seasons where he was sweet and kind. But in the episode where they finally hooked up and Liza was talking to him about his navy suit, I realized that yeah, at least this season there writers think that's all the audience needs. A rich, attractive guy in a suit. I swear he used to have a personality. 

• Love 1