Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Too Close for Comfort

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Yeah, that hallway was full of "bros". And Amber already knows that he heard stuff about her from one of his "bros" at the gym, so I can see why she might not be thrilled to have a big party for all his "bros" to meet the new 'wifey'.

Especially if one of the "bros" is the one she boinked.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yes, he has pictures of his friends in his entryway right as you walk in. I actually don't think this is a problem. He doesn't appear to not be prioritizing Amber, at least not yet, and I think it's very healthy to have friends and interests outside your relationship. I would go bat-shit crazy with a man who wanted to be up under me every second,

I didn't say Dave had to be up under Amber every second. He is entitled to keep his friends of course but c'mon at 37 yrs old having a collage of pictures of his buddies on his wall is just plain creepy. In my own marriage I will meet up with girlfriends for lunch or dinner once in a while or hubby will go on an all day fishing trip with his buddies (I like the fresh fish, lol).  I want to know why he is not connected to his family, just his bro's. I hope that issue comes out in the future. Something is weird with that guy but for now he's keeping it all bottled up inside. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6

Once again, the “ experts” failed to discuss or apparently even ask the individuals about their feelings and habits with money. This is probably the leading cause of marital difficulty and if you have  a philosophical difference in the way you feel about spending/ saving  it can be death to even the best of relationships. What actual research do they do before they put these couples together?  What’s your favorite color?  The one guy doesn’t even like pets and his wife has a cat.  Last year theypaired someone who was allergic to animals with someone who loved their pets. I me@n, REALLY?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Once again, the “ experts” failed to discuss or apparently even ask the individuals about their feelings and habits with money. This is probably the leading cause of marital difficulty and if you have  a philosophical difference in the way you feel about spending/ saving  it can be death to even the best of relationships. What actual research do they do before they put these couples together?  What’s your favorite color?  The one guy doesn’t even like pets and his wife has a cat.  Last year theypaired someone who was allergic to animals with someone who loved their pets. I me@n, REALLY?

They also paired a woman who was afraid of dogs (she'd seen someone mauled by a dog) with a man who had two dogs. Pepper, who said she owned three dogs, was totally nonchalant about it, too. I thought that was so shitty.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I'm hoping Amber's comment was taken out of context.  It was probably in response to Dave saying he's super tight with his band of bros and hopes she doesn't mind them being around all the time.  Judging from the huge constellation of photos he has in his hallway devoted to his friends, that is likely to be the issue, not that she's super bitchy about making new friends.

That stuff reminded me of the scene in "When Harry Met Sally" when Carrie Fisher's character's husband first moves in with her and they have a huge fight over his wagon wheel coffee table.  Of course Tristan is not going to fuss over it given how confused and desperate he seems to be.

Hmmm.. is Mia’s place really hers?  I ff a lot when she was on.  She’s been known to lie before.  She just looks so shady, and those tears, wiping her eyes when nothing is there.  ???

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Years of marriage? Hasn't it been about 10 days?

I did see, as it flew by my screen, that Danielle had a "waxing" as well as "eyelashes" budget.  She was also paying $300 a month towards her cc (I'm pretty sure that's what I heard) which essentially means she's paying interest.  Someone isn't that good at money management.  Bobby looks like he's trying to hold it in in the THs- I think his schoolboy demeanor may be hiding a little bit of controlling tendencies.

I really do like Amber- I think she's more "real" than she first came across with the hair extensions and partying like a college girl.  Still, she is hinting that she want to continue to buy what she wants, when she wants and not have to be accountable.  I get that these people all have lives established which include spending their money as they wish; still, she seems like the type who will run short on her part of the bills because she saw something like, oh, an elephant statue and couldn't resist.

Dave is going to have a hard time adjusting to someone else in his space.  I remember in the screening interviews he said something about being very ritualized and that he eats the same breakfast every day.  Finding long blonde hairs in his sink, tripping over stilettos in the closet and having a (very sociable, cute) cat around are surely going to make him twitchy.

Someone commented about Dave's teeth in the past... looks to me like he had an overambitious orthodontist who pulled lots of teeth in order to straighten them- and he got that "backward leaning" effect which I think is really obvious.  Other than his teeth he's decent looking but I don't like how he seems to go rigid when his orderly life gets disrupted. Then you can see through the veneer and he's pissy.

I am watching Mia's body language and she is still hiding things, IMO. She ducks her head, looks away, and rather than acting comfortable, acts guarded and keeps referring to the relationship as "safe" and that she feels "protected." I doubt that she's really come totally clean, and I think Tristan is just enjoying the apology sex and riding out the 8 weeks.  He seems like an overall rather easygoing guy and probably sees this "experiment" as an adventure.

This makes me think about all of the people calling for older people to be chosen for this “experiment”. Both Amber and Dave show a certain amount of inflexibility, something that might be because they are a little older and are used to living as independent adults for a long time. Obviously, this is a generalization, but I do think people who have only been a functioning adult for about  five minutes (think Lilian) might be more open to changing living habits than people who have been set in a pattern for over a decade.

• Love 7

Danielle bringing in another dog to foster seemed very wrong — especially considering that the other two dogs were just getting to know each other. That’s too much chaos all at once 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I did see, as it flew by my screen, that Danielle had a "waxing" as well as "eyelashes" budget.  She was also paying $300 a month towards her cc (I'm pretty sure that's what I heard) which essentially means she's paying interest.

I heard that, too. $300 per month towards a $15,000 credit card bill. Oh. I see Danielle is on that 30 year payoff plan. I thought the waxing budget was reasonable, but $150 per month for those glamour length eyelashes? Girl, bye. Bobby needs to sit her down with a couple Suze Orman videos. The Bark Box can go, too. Adorable Henry has, ahem, had enough treats for a while. He was loving his new back yard & he's got a new sister to play with. Also, $8,000 to get out of her lease? Ouch! I don't know anything about that kind of thing, but that sounds awfully high.

I was gobsmacked last week when Tristan accepted Mia's version of events. That name doesn't even ring a bell. Well, I know of him, but it wasn't me. Identity theft. Anyone could see she was lying; her story didn't even make sense. Identity theft to explain stalking? Oookay... Now, she admits she lied & was in a relationship with accuser. And Tristan is just... going with the flow & moving in together like everything is fine. Huh. I feel like Tristan was ready to forgive Mia, before he was even clear what he was forgiving her for. He still doesn't have the whole story. FFS! Why hasn't he or the show obtained the 3 police reports detailing the charges of stalking?! Maybe his mom can help him out next week.

• Love 5
Just now, NowVoyager said:

I heard that, too. $300 per month towards a $15,000 credit card bill. Oh. I see Danielle is on that 30 year payoff plan. I thought the waxing budget was reasonable, but $150 per month for those glamour length eyelashes? Girl, bye. Bobby needs to sit her down with a couple Suze Orman videos. The Bark Box can go, too. Adorable Henry has, ahem, had enough treats for a while. He was loving his new back yard & he's got a new sister to play with. Also, $8,000 to get out of her lease? Ouch! I don't know anything about that kind of thing, but that sounds awfully high.

I was gobsmacked last week when Tristan accepted Mia's version of events. That name doesn't even ring a bell. Well, I know of him, but it wasn't me. Identity theft. Anyone could see she was lying; her story didn't even make sense. Identity theft to explain stalking? Oookay... Now, she admits she lied & was in a relationship with accuser. And Tristan is just... going with the flow & moving in together like everything is fine. Huh. I feel like Tristan was ready to forgive Mia, before he was even clear what he was forgiving her for. He still doesn't have the whole story. FFS! Why hasn't he or the show obtained the 3 police reports detailing the charges of stalking?! Maybe his mom can help him out next week.

I'm guessing she has to pay out the lease for the rest of the term.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Bobby standing in the kitchen cooking dinner with Nellie next to him, Danielle yelling that Roman peed,Henry padding around....the camera caught Bobby being happy...

His once quiet,orderly but lonely house was now a noisy, chaotic home to him, his wife,Nellie, Henry, and Roman.

Can he be that accommodating and flexible or is he going to turn into rigid and put out like Dave?

Find out in 6 weeks.

Bobby seemed like he enjoyed the new energy in his house. He and his Orvis slippers padding around the kitchen, chopping vegetables -- I bet his dad owns the same pair.

It's possible that Danielle adopted Henry the Adorable Basset as an adult dog and his previous owners overfed him. It's easy to do with bassets because they are food obsessed, reluctant to exercise and so damned cute. I did like that Danielle said that she feeds her dog(s) before she feeds herself, which I interpreted as, I'm willing to forego buying food for myself if I don't have the funds for both dog food and people food. Ignoring the communal funds of $10k, the participants still make a per-episode wage, correct? Danielle should be putting it all towards her debt. She seems like the type to pay down her debt for awhile, think that it's a manageable number and then proceed to start spending again. She's 30, right? She should know better. For Danielle and 36-year-old Amber not to have any savings is just ridiculous.

Tristan's apartment looked like he'd just moved in. In fact, he is so immature that it wouldn't surprise me if he'd lived with his mother until he was trying to get on this show and then quickly rented a fancy place to show off. It didn't look lived in at all. It is stupid to piss away $2100 a month on a rented space especially when your spouse owns a condo. If Mia weren't in such a fragile place, I suspect she would have pushed Tristan to move into her place. Instead she is basically just deferring to him in all matters because she's insecure.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

I took the whole weird editing of Mia's confession on last week's episode that she had basically told Tristan and the experts the whole truth.  That she was guilty of identify theft and some type of stalking.  But to protect her (and make the case go away) the show chose to edit it to be pretty ambiguous as to what really happened.  I'm sure Mia still spun it, that she was hurt and wronged and did it to lash out, etc.  I'm guessing Tristan has dated some crazy girls before and it didn't phase him.  Plus he seems a bit of the Captain Save a Ho type, and Mia plays into it with her neediness and deference to him.    They've been married for like a week, and already saying "I love you"?   Although in Tristan's talking head he was careful to say that is was falling in love with her... . not that he loved her...LOL

I thought Bobby was going to turn out to be creepy, but so far I'm enjoying him and Danielle.  While $15k is a lot of credit card debt, at least it didn't appear that she had any student loan debt.  The credit card debt is manageable but student loan debt can be a definite budget killer.    If the biggest drama they could show for them is whether their dogs would like each other, then that's a good sign that they will be fairly drama free.  

I had positive vibes on Dave in the beginning, but it's looking like he may be the creepy guy of this season.  He's a bit too uptight.   Amber hasn't quite yet figured out how to loosen him up.   She also said she is possessive and jealous by nature, I'm not sure how that's going to pair with the bros.   

• Love 8
11 hours ago, ramble said:

Mia actually broke out the “I love you.”  Even Tristan looked a bit taken aback. It felt grossly manipulative to me.

Everything she's done feels grossly manipulative to me.  She wouldn't even kiss the guy at the wedding, because she never kisses on first dates.  It made for some very awkward moments, but if she feels that strongly about it, then okay.  (And if a moment at a married-at-first-sight wedding can stand out as awkward, we're talking serious awkwardness.) 

But then she gets arrested at the airport and almost immediately (or maybe actually immediately) upon release starts having sex with him, and a week later is saying, "I love you."  Seems a wee bit inconsistent with someone who won't even kiss a guy on the first date. 

• Love 19

What kind of lunacy is being beholden to your apartment contract to the tune of 8K?

Guess she didn't see that paying a bit more to have the flexibility to pay month to month was a better deal than locking herself in to a contract with a big penalty to break the lease...

What a waste of money... she could use the 8K to halve her debt...

While I agree it is too soon to break her lease, Danielle isn't going anywhere unless there are bodies buried under the patio...

Bobby is just pleased as punch to have a wife and his expanded family of pups.....

Did you see his goofy, happy, "I hit the jackpot" face when she offered to do the dishes because he cooked...TV Gold...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Everything she's done feels grossly manipulative to me.  She wouldn't even kiss the guy at the wedding, because she never kisses on first dates.  It made for some very awkward moments, but if she feels that strongly about it, then okay.  (And if a moment at a married-at-first-sight wedding can stand out as awkward, we're talking serious awkwardness.) 

But then she gets arrested at the airport and almost immediately (or maybe actually immediately) upon release starts having sex with him, and a week later is saying, "I love you."  Seems a wee bit inconsistent with someone who won't even kiss a guy on the first date. 

Has she kissed him on camera yet?  I'm not interested enough to have noticed, but now that you mentioned it, I'm curious.    I don't know how Tristan could ever trust her since she told that huge lie.  I'd be skeptical every time she opened her mouth from that point on.

Edited by CafeAuLait
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, JAndy said:

Bobby’s underwear ?

I missed it...what about his underwear?

15 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

$15,000 on a credit card?  The interest on that!   I would freak out.

OMG, I hadn't thought about that....and clearly neither had she.  I genuinely don't understand her or Amber's views about debt, as though it's just a pesky little thing that you can mostly ignore.

15 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

As for Danielle, wow!  $15K of debt!  I don’t want to judge because some people really do go into debt for unavoidable reasons, but she gets a Bark Box every month (as seen on the spreadsheet), plus eyelashes and $450 of waxing each year?  That shit adds up fast.  I see no issue with someone buying those things for themselves, but don’t rack up five figures of debt over it!  I don’t have a whole lot of money, so these eyelashes will just have to be good enough for everyone!

Danielle said her debt was from travel, and from how she was talking, she had every intention of continuing to do that if she hadn't married Bobby...which would just mean continuing to rack up more and more debt.  I don't have a problem with the $450 a year for waxing (I'm assuming the bikini kind)...I can see how that would be a grooming issue.  But the lashes?  Bobby should get to see her without them and weigh in on their relative value.  I suspect they are a bigger deal to her than to anyone else looking at her.  And he absolutely should not take on her debt at all, but it does sound like he could be a good financial advisor to help her make a plan.  If they stay married, her debt will drop astronomically, because her rent payment will be smaller or non-existent if he takes it all on. And if she's one of the gals who owned her own place (can't remember which ones did or didn't), then she could rent it out.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I thought the waxing budget was reasonable, but $150 per month for those glamour length eyelashes?

I don't think $37.50 a month for waxing is excessive.  Laser is more common and cost a heck of a lot more.  The $150 per month for eyelashes is just plain lunacy.  There are a lot of mascaras that can do the trick.  For example, Clinique high impact from Sephora is $19.  It works really well and lasts about six weeks. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, JapMo said:

Not just that.  All the guys seemed to be secure financially (owned their own homes, had a tidy savings) yet two of the women either were in a lot of debt or admitted to being pretty frivilous with their money.  Surprisingly Mia owned her condo...good for her...but she has a lot of legal baggage hanging around her.

I thought Tristan said he rented. Did he?

The place had fantastic views!!!

• Love 2

I think the show has always paid for a new place for the couples and this time they are just offering up cash.  It adds a different dynamic with one of them having to adjust to the other's space and the other having to adjust to having them.  It will be also interesting to see how they choose to spend the money.  

The "I Love You" from Mia was completely out of left field.  Poor Tristan, he seems like such a good guy!  

I use that tool Bobby used probably monthly (it's like $3 at Home Depot) because my daughter and I have long curly hair.  What I pull out looked a lot like what he did.  There was definitely a woman staying there before Danielle.  She couldn't have caused that in one night.

• Love 9

Lime boxers on the honeymoon.

White with crabs when he was snaking the clogged drain.

Bobby is comfy parading around in front of America in his goofy boxers...

He is the opposite of Molly who would only be filmed with  every hair in place and full make up in the morning.....

• Love 4

Bobby wears boxer briefs (rather than just boxers) — which means he is A-OK in my book.  The patterns just make the boxer briefs even better. 

Bobby is growing on me, especially when he said that he preferred comfy clothes to lingerie. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, VAMom said:

I use that tool Bobby used probably monthly (it's like $3 at Home Depot) because my daughter and I have long curly hair.  What I pull out looked a lot like what he did.  There was definitely a woman staying there before Danielle.  She couldn't have caused that in one night.

That's the sink Mother uses on their Saturday night dates, when Bobby washes her hair. 

Bobby is probably immensely regretting ever wanting to be the sole earner in the house! My apologies to those who have them, but fake lashes look good on approx .01% of people. Danielle falls into the 99.9%. 

Edited by Squirrely
Hit submit too early
  • Love 11

Danielle was particularly juvenile when confessing her debt & spending habits to Bobby.  She should've put her big girl panties on (with cute pictures to match Bobby's crab undies) & owned her crap, just like she owns those awful spider lashes & caterpillar eyebrows.

At least Amber seems comfortable enough with herself not to wear full makeup while moving & the fake scenes going to bed.  Hope she gets her voice back & feels well enough to pull that huge stick out of Dave's ass.

Mia also with her full makeup bedtime look  - what more is she hiding...

• Love 4
4 hours ago, After7Only said:

I thought Bobby was going to turn out to be creepy, but so far I'm enjoying him and Danielle.  While $15k is a lot of credit card debt, at least it didn't appear that she had any student loan debt.  The credit card debt is manageable but student loan debt can be a definite budget killer.   

I froze the frame on Danielle's budget and there was $167 per month allotted to student loan debt.  At least I think I was looking at her budget alone because it started with a line for her salary, but it could have been both of theirs.

3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I don't think $37.50 a month for waxing is excessive.  Laser is more common and cost a heck of a lot more. 

I think it's excessive for Danielle with her budget.

57 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm not buying that Dave likes women.  

OMG you and I think alike!  I just had the same thought earlier.  Like what if that's the reason he's so into his "bros", and the one that Amber dated was one of his former interests?  That would explain why he was so upset to hear that she dated the guy.  Plus my gaydar is picking up something.  He could be bisexual or even metrosexual (and a lot of younger men are certainly the latter), but I still wonder about him.

• Love 1

Ugh, who knew Dave would turn out to be the creepiest? We know now why he's still single. Rigid, no fun, judgmental, uptight, WAY too into his friends. 

I think he must have a truly awful family. That's why he has all these relationship issues and why he clings to his friend group so tightly.  Although Amber and her "I'm a jealous person so I hope no other girls have lived here" bullshit is no better...girl, what? YOU have been around the block, so you have no standing to say anything. Go try on some of your cheap ugly shoes you're hoarding.

I predict Danielle and Bobby crash and burn. They're way too happy.

Tristan and Mia-- fake again, snore, ffw.

Edited by glitterpussy
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, JAndy said:

I hope Ambers comment ln the previews is taken out of context because that’s super bitchy of her if it’s not 

Just like the edit from last week with Amber stating she didn't want to live at Dave's place if he lived there with another woman? Yeah, that turned out to be a whole lot of nothing......as I'm sure this preview will be as well.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

This makes me think about all of the people calling for older people to be chosen for this “experiment”. Both Amber and Dave show a certain amount of inflexibility, something that might be because they are a little older and are used to living as independent adults for a long time. Obviously, this is a generalization, but I do think people who have only been a functioning adult for about  five minutes (think Lilian) might be more open to changing living habits than people who have been set in a pattern for over a decade.

Shit.  My husband doesn’t know how good he has it.  I get my hair cut every few months, dye it myself, do my own nails, just have the toenails done & polished, and do the rest myself.  I must be nuts.  He’s getting away with murder. Lol.   But I have to say, I look pretty damn good, hahaha. Had to add that in.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I froze the frame on Danielle's budget and there was $167 per month allotted to student loan debt.  At least I think I was looking at her budget alone because it started with a line for her salary, but it could have been both of theirs.

I think it's excessive for Danielle with her budget.

OMG you and I think alike!  I just had the same thought earlier.  Like what if that's the reason he's so into his "bros", and the one that Amber dated was one of his former interests?  That would explain why he was so upset to hear that she dated the guy.  Plus my gaydar is picking up something.  He could be bisexual or even metrosexual (and a lot of younger men are certainly the latter), but I still wonder about him.

No kidding.  You may be right.  He did not want his family around the morning after the wedding .. only his friends.  That was telling right there.  Hmmmm. Now I feel bad for her.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Shit.  My husband doesn’t know how good he has it.  I get my hair cut every few months, dye it myself, do my own nails, just have the toenails done & polished, and do the rest myself.  I must be nuts.  He’s getting away with murder. Lol.

Ha! Recently I went to one of those walk in haircut chains and paid $20 for a haircut. I got more compliments on it than I had on the last five years of cuts. I made a decision a year ago to cut back on extras. Hair color at home, nails at home, etc. It adds up fast. The Bobby they showed us this episode would probably be fine with Danielle going more natural and saving some money. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ramble said:

Ha! Recently I went to one of those walk in haircut chains and paid $20 for a haircut. I got more compliments on it than I had on the last five years of cuts. I made a decision a year ago to cut back on extras. Hair color at home, nails at home, etc. It adds up fast. The Bobby they showed us this episode would probably be fine with Danielle going more natural and saving some money. 

Not only that, but I hate sitting in those places.  Hair color in the box is three shades now and looks fabulous.  Shampoo it in, rinse in shower and you’re done.  Nails are easy, why sit in those places?  Danielle paid a lot of money for those eyebrows, and they look like shit.  Get a pencil and do them yourself, why don’t she?  Amber tho, needs to cut that mop, get a darker color, and a current style.  It looks like straw .. no shine.  I’m surprised at her.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Tristen is so enamored with Mia after one night.  I just don’t get it.  It’s like he never had a woman before.  I fast forward when they come on.  I don’t think she’s sincere.

She's light.  Need I say more?

20 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

It does seem she has some sort of mental health issue.  Also she’s not being genuine. 

I think a lot of people today have some type of mental health issue.  So, she's not unique there.

Here's my armchair psychologist theory about Mia.  When I was in college some 40 years ago, I had a friend who was mixed race.  At that time, white men weren't as enamored of mixed race women as they are today, meaning they were more into Farrah Fawcett, Christie  Brinkley and Cheryl Tiegs that they would have been to someone like Kim Kardashian, it's a generalization, but one that was true, at least where I went to school.  Anyway, my friend came out with a group of us to a dance given by one of the black clubs and DAMN, it was like some of those guys had never seen a woman before.  Talk about drooling over someone. 

My point is, a lot of men are colorist, and a lot of those men are black, and a lot of black men want a woman lighter skinned than they.  My friend figured that out and started dating only black men.  I wonder if Mia is the same way, maybe she dated only white men but they might have left her for a white woman, or something (or maybe they left her because she was nusto).  So Mia realized she would have more luck with colorist black men, enter Tristan, who's a sucker, a colorist sucker. 

He's not in love with Mia, he's in love with the way she looks.  Just my two cents.

• Love 5

My biggest concern while watching this episode was not only does Mia now know where Tristan lives, she's going to be able to establish either tenant or squatter rights when/if he tries to get rid of her.  Being a stalker isn't an "accidental" thing like Mia might try to portray.  She's really going to be hard to get rid of and the "experts" allowed her to move right on in and establish herself in Tristan's apartment (AND, living with him in his apartment will make it easier for her to find out his account numbers, password, etc.).  The producers should have insisted that this couple at least have to more to a neutral location.  Oh, and like others, just because Mia said she owned her condo doesn't mean she did.

Danielle is really immature.  She resented Bobby's attempt to start paying off her debt-and he was right, all new debt would become his.  She was likely paying just the minimum amount on her debt which does not pay it off and she certainly had no plan to curb her spending.  Also, she brought a puppy home to foster but did not attempt to train or housebreak it.  Instead she yelled at it because it peed.  Oh, and dogs generally don't pee in their beds, so way to go to bring a puppy into a super busy environment what with the staff from the show there as well as the other dogs.  She should also be looking for someone to take over her lease.  Judge Judy would tell her to try to mitigate her damages.

Although I've been liking Amber, I found it extremely interesting that she wanted to hide her spending from David.  Set aside a specific amount of money to spend on what you want, but don't hide it.  It almost seems like she wants him to cover living costs and for her to just spend her money as she wants.  Not good.  Oh, and I have a cat so am not a cat hater, but I feel David's pain about a cat ruining his furniture, etc.  Cat ownership is not for everyone, and my furniture has paid the price for my having a cat.  

• Love 6

I would love to sit down and grill Tristan's mother.  How did she raise such a son so colorist that he's willing to let a woman into his life, who has lied about something pretty major.  Look, people lie on their resumes, they lie about all kinds of stuff, but something as important as having a warrant out for your arrest is something a person really shouldn't lie about.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

Moving into one of the partners’ pre-existing homes is going to make the inevitable break-ups that much messier. Who the heck is going to extract Amber and her shoes from Dave’s house when they decide to divorce?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I feel like she's very much into flaunting her chaste good girl persona and assumed that would be her image for the show, then that went out the window with the arrest. Like any good con artist, she switched gears. She knew she had to have sex with Tristan so he'd start thinking with his other head and stop asking questions. She quickly adopted the lovesick 15-year-old persona because she knew that feeds into his "queen" ideal. Personally, I'd be suspicious if a woman who refused to peck me on the lips for wedding photos was riding me 72 hours later, but I guess Mia's phenomenal in the sack lol. She's calculating.

She also looks like Naya Rivera to me.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Amber worries about cleavage wrinkles.  Seriously.

I know right!!! Her cleavage is so sun/tanning bed damaged and dry that there is no going back. The wrinkles aren’t from sleeping. They are from unhealthy habits done over many years

• Love 3

I find it interesting that apparently the couples will stay in their actual homes this season versus other season where there was the whole house hunt. Unless that is coming next week. I wonder what prompted the change. Where they just unable to find places in the area that would allow them to film? Or did they just find this to be better for the budget of the show, which seems more likely. 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I find it interesting that apparently the couples will stay in their actual homes this season versus other season where there was the whole house hunt. Unless that is coming next week. I wonder what prompted the change. Where they just unable to find places in the area that would allow them to film? Or did they just find this to be better for the budget of the show, which seems more likely. 

It cracks me up that the experts tried to position the change as being a good thing: to alleviate financial stress that normal couples are challenged with.  The producers are getting a little bit more drama when one partner moves into another partner’s turf simply by giving the couple of the option of keeping the money the producers would normally pay to AirBNB  or whatever company they use to arrange their short term home rentals.

ETA:  what I mean to say is it’s not necessarily a bad thing to do housing and money this way. I just think it’s funny that the experts decided it was to save the couples from financial arguments.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 1

Always disliked the house hunting part of the old seasons...so welcome the change this season.

Think Amber would like to have found a bigger place instead of trying to cram her stuff into Dave's place. She should just rent a climate control storage unit for her tons of stuff or keep her apartment....

Dave likes his mortgage being taken care of and he doesn't have to move one thing... so she relented.

Bobby's house with the large fenced in backyard does make the most sense for them.  Henry's reaction to having his own yard said it all.

Tristan was a B-Ball player until recently so it made no sense to have a place since he didn't know if and when he would get cut from D League teams.

So when he started making money from his tutoring management job he picked a flashy high rise in Dallas as his first place.

Glad Danielle sees that while she is responsible for her debt, it does affect the couple's financial stability.

$400 for a monthly car payment for her vehicle... if it is lease Bobby will be getting rid of that expense when the contract is up and buying an affordable car for her to drive.

Bobby's mortgage is a little over a thousand/ month, his expenses are minimal....$37/month for the YMCA.

Bobby drives a paid for Honda.

That is how a 27 year old has a house and is winning the hearts of 60 year old women across America, who are wondering why their daughters are dating losers who live with their grandmothers.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, PityFree said:

Danielle bringing in another dog to foster seemed very wrong — especially considering that the other two dogs were just getting to know each other. That’s too much chaos all at once 

agreed

she also is not very Dog smart the way she introduced the two dogs

Pee pads work great with puppies

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Shit.  My husband doesn’t know how good he has it.  I get my hair cut every few months, dye it myself, do my own nails, just have the toenails done & polished, and do the rest myself.  I must be nuts.  He’s getting away with murder. Lol.   But I have to say, I look pretty damn good, hahaha. Had to add that in.

Me too, and don't think I didn't remind my husband how much less I spend on grooming than a lot of women after this episode (he watches the show too)!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm not buying that Dave likes women.  

I'm not buying that Dave likes people. Doesn't seem to like his parents. Seems to get easily frustrated with Amber.  Says he doesn't care what his friends think while they're all sitting there at brunch.  He's the Grinch. Weird.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

I think it just worked out that way this season because the participants already had pretty good places to live, which is an advertisement for the relatively low cost of living in Texas.  I think the show realized that and told them that they could always stay in one of their existing places if they wanted to, and to make it even easier for them they'd give them $5,000 per month anyway even if they didn't seek a new place to live.  Otherwise we'd be asking if they were still getting anything extra from the show even though they didn't get a new place.  I think they always got an amount of money from the show toward rent on a new place, but the show just didn't make that public.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Not only that, but I hate sitting in those places.  Hair color in the box is three shades now and looks fabulous.  Shampoo it in, rinse in shower and you’re done.  Nails are easy, why sit in those places?  Danielle paid a lot of money for those eyebrows, and they look like shit.  Get a pencil and do them yourself, why don’t she?  Amber tho, needs to cut that mop, get a darker color, and a current style.  It looks like straw .. no shine.  I’m surprised at her.

I know, I could do a better job myself than whatever Amber and Danielle are doing.  I look better now than when I paid $$$ in salons, plus it took so long in them that I might as well spend the time doing that stuff myself.  I started doing it all myself during the recession about a decade ago and never went back.  I watched YouTubes on how to do nails, eyebrows, etc.  Fortunately I'm pretty artistic so it wasn't hard for me.  I get compliments from girlfriends all the time on my hair color, and when they ask me where I go they're shocked to hear that I do it myself!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5