Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Too Close for Comfort

• Start Topic

Sorry, but if Danielle is such a dog person she shouldn't allow/encourage Henry to be so overweight.

Dave doesn't know squat about cats if he thinks Paisley was being rambunctious. OTOH, if he prefers to ignore her, that's easily done.

• Love 4

I totally agree Danielle needs to pay off her own debt.

Bobby is a ?.

Danielle is a ?. (that is supposed to be a grasshopper emoji)

This marriage won’t work unless Danielle becomes more ?-ish.

No more emojis in my posts, I promise.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5

Mia actually broke out the “I love you.”  Even Tristan looked a bit taken aback. It felt grossly manipulative to me. Tristan’s continually talking about moving forward from this event and honesty, blah, blah, blah. And she chimes in with lurve, true lurve. I chalked that up to advance payment on some needed butt covering. I heavily question why Tristan is being so trusting. 

Dave seems on edge. I feel like he’s trying too hard to convince himself that he can make this work even though he would have bailed if he’d had advance info. I am slightly disgusted at Amber’s lack of concern about finances. Was she the one who made the comment about finally feeling like an adult? Because she’s been an adult for a long time. I noticed tonight that the way she holds her mouth when she talks bugs me. 

What the crap was Danielle doing accepting a foster dog on the first night at their shared place?! I’m assuming it was encouraged by the show for a hopeful dramatic moment but surprisingly Bobby rolled with it. Actually he surprised me overall tonight. He seemed level headed and almost normal. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Stinamaia said:

It does seem she has some sort of mental health issue.  Also she’s not being genuine. 

She’s always hiding her face under sheets or in Tristan’s chest. Her neck looks crooked- maybefrom an injury. She definetly doesn’t look honest

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Lion18 said:

She’s always hiding her face under sheets or in Tristan’s chest. Her neck looks crooked- maybefrom an injury. She definetly doesn’t look honest

I do think Mia is shy, and doesn't like the camera. I also think she's a big believer in fairy tales, like "Sleeping Beauty" and "Snow White" and Love at First Sight. Tristan actually seems to be buying into the latter. The problem is, Mia already knows fairy tales aren't real... her 'ex made that crystal clear. Can a marriage based on a fantasy that neither of them really believes in possibly work out?

9 hours ago, 2727 said:

Sorry, but if Danielle is such a dog person she shouldn't allow/encourage Henry to be so overweight.

Yeah, Henry does need to go on special dog food and have measured portions. But he's super-adorable! Anyway, that's such a minor issue at this point... Paying off $15,000 in debt is huge! Danielle doesn't seem to have a clue how to save money.

Dave doesn't know squat about cats if he thinks Paisley was being rambunctious. OTOH, if he prefers to ignore her, that's easily done.

Obviously, he doesn't like cats much at all. But he'll just add that to his tally of 'reasons' for dumping Amber, in the end.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1

Unfiltered...

Dave gets goofed on by the panel for his sweaty salsa tantrum.

Pastor Cal continued to roast Dave as he squirmed in the chair...see what I did there....

Bobby made a funny in a not seen before scene where he dunks himself in the cold water...”there goes my peen for the rest of the honeymoon”...

Dave and Amber and boob wrinkles.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5

Everything about Tristan and Mia seems phony, from the waaaaay too early “I love you” right down to the giant GOD letters. Apparently they are just going to ignore what happened and move right along? Give me a break.....

Also - what was that thing Bobby used on the bathroom drain? I need it!

• Love 9

I appreciate Bobby getting his hands dirty and taking care of the clogged sink himself.

Danielle would have just called a plumber and spend $75 she can not afford...or moved.

Welcome homeownership!

He does need to cut down on how much he cooks and serves to Danielle or she will be waddling around like Henry.

His willingness to do clear a drain at 11pm is sexier than his crab boxers, socks and tshirt outfit.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Lion18 said:

I agree to all of this.  What I don’t get is the sudden attraction to her on his part.  Is he desperate, never had a woman? He knows zip about her, and she’s a crook, stealing her former boyfriends credit card.  Who acts like him?  Mia is always hiding her face somehow, and I don’t believe her.  These experts don’t see this?   Yes, she doesn’t look honest, and it appears something is wrong with her physically and mentally.  I hope his mother catches on to something when she talks to Mia next week.  He better keep an eye on his belongings and money.  I’m wondering about these experts also.  There are too many red flags that they refuse to see.

• Love 10

Holy shit Amber....you got a serious shoe and stuff problem.

Bet  she’s maxed out more than a couple of credit cards....and paying the minimum.

Amber’s financial chaos and secrecy is another get out of jail free card for Dave to leave the marriage.

He’s the kind of guy who needs to account for every penny.

• Love 8

Man, no one of these women are catches to me and stunning examples of why I could never do this show. I'm not trying to say I'm god's gift to women or anything but damn.

The debt! I screamed when I heard 15k. On credit card shit? I'm 35 and have never went over 3k on my card and I could pay it off anytime I want. I'm not rich by any stretch but i could cover that with my savings. Been saving since i was 15.

Pets. Hell no. I roll with Dave. And i dont equate pets to kids. Never have. Never will. I never ever wants pets in my life. I love kids. I love human beings. And I wish this show would try to ambush me with spouse who has pets. I would quit on sight.

I just have no interest in Mia. She's boring as driftwood. 

This episode was a nightmare. All three of the women with tons of traits I just find super unappealing. God bless the men that do. Bad with money and pets. Enough to give me a heart attack.

• Love 9

Bobby standing in the kitchen cooking dinner with Nellie next to him, Danielle yelling that Roman peed,Henry padding around....the camera caught Bobby being happy...

His once quiet,orderly but lonely house was now a noisy, chaotic home to him, his wife,Nellie, Henry, and Roman.

Can he be that accommodating and flexible to these creatures messing up home, upsetting his routine  or is he going turn rigid, pissy and put out like Dave?

We'll find out in 6 weeks.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

As for Danielle, wow!  $15K of debt!  I don’t want to judge because some people really do go into debt for unavoidable reasons, but she gets a Bark Box every month (as seen on the spreadsheet), plus eyelashes and $450 of waxing each year?  That shit adds up fast.  I see no issue with someone buying those things for themselves, but don’t rack up five figures of debt over it!  I don’t have a whole lot of money, so these eyelashes will just have to be good enough for everyone!

I hear you about getting into debt for unavoidable reasons.  I got into about that much credit card debt when I was laid off during the recession about 10 years ago, but when I finally got a job I took out a Lending Club loan and paid that off in only 3 years.  If Bobby is so good at money management, he should suggest that to her.  It sounds to me like she really needs to reel in her spending.  Anyone that has an "eyelash budget" and waxing budget that big needs to get a clue, unless they're millionaires, which it's obvious she is not.

It wasn't really addressed directly, but I get the feeling Amber's pretty spendy herself, judging from all the shoes still in boxes that she has, etc.  I get it that it's more expensive to be a woman with regard to clothing and personal grooming, but both of these women look like they're spending beyond their means.  Even though Dave cleared away half of his closet (he has a lot himself), it looks like it's going to be a squeeze for her.

I've read that credit card debt continues to climb in the US and that the average debt per household $15,000 (for individuals it's less).  Danielle is young to have that much debt all by herself.  I actually think it's good that both of these women were paired with men that are better money managers than they are.  Hopefully it will be a good thing and not cause too much conflict.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Everything about Tristan and Mia seems phony, from the waaaaay too early “I love you” right down to the giant GOD letters. Apparently they are just going to ignore what happened and move right along? Give me a break.....

Also - what was that thing Bobby used on the bathroom drain? I need it!

Bobby was using a drain "snake", they're available at any hardware store.

I think the show put pressure on Tristan to stay with Mia so that they wouldn't have another season with only 2 couples.  Maybe they "sweetened the pot" by adding to the $5,000 per month as incentive.  I don't know why, but I suspect part of Tristan is sitting in the corner just observing it all, not really being genuine about the whole thing.  I don't think he really trusts her but is determined to look like he's sticking it out for now, like the person he thinks he should be.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

So the show is giving the couples $5k a month, I don't think they've ever said that on any season.

What's with all these people who don't cook? 

Has cooking become a lost art?  

Why?

I've been reading a lot of articles about this lately.  It's the Millennial generation that is not cooking as much.  There are a lot of theories as to why.  I can see from looking at the couples on this show that they have super busy lifestyles outside the home (except for perhaps Bobby, the traditional guy), and probably don't want to invest the time in cooking.  People are eating out more often than at home now, so the studies say, so it's a general thing going on, but especially so with young people.  I'm a foodie and cook a lot so this fascinates me!  I guess that's one reason why the younger generation whines about not having enough money.  If they eat out more than at home it costs a LOT.

I've always suspected that the show gives them money, but this is the first time they ever let us know about it.  Ironically, it's also the first season where all 3 couples chose to live in one of their existing places.  Most of the time they choose a whole new place.   I can't believe they would have done that without $$$ from the show.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, crgirl412 said:
8 hours ago, JAndy said:

I agree it's a lot of money for sure!  He looked pissed as though this was on ongoing issue in their years of marriage.  If he didn't want to deal with someone's debt, don't get married at first sight. 

Years of marriage? Hasn't it been about 10 days?

I did see, as it flew by my screen, that Danielle had a "waxing" as well as "eyelashes" budget.  She was also paying $300 a month towards her cc (I'm pretty sure that's what I heard) which essentially means she's paying interest.  Someone isn't that good at money management.  Bobby looks like he's trying to hold it in in the THs- I think his schoolboy demeanor may be hiding a little bit of controlling tendencies.

I really do like Amber- I think she's more "real" than she first came across with the hair extensions and partying like a college girl.  Still, she is hinting that she want to continue to buy what she wants, when she wants and not have to be accountable.  I get that these people all have lives established which include spending their money as they wish; still, she seems like the type who will run short on her part of the bills because she saw something like, oh, an elephant statue and couldn't resist.

Dave is going to have a hard time adjusting to someone else in his space.  I remember in the screening interviews he said something about being very ritualized and that he eats the same breakfast every day.  Finding long blonde hairs in his sink, tripping over stilettos in the closet and having a (very sociable, cute) cat around are surely going to make him twitchy.

Someone commented about Dave's teeth in the past... looks to me like he had an overambitious orthodontist who pulled lots of teeth in order to straighten them- and he got that "backward leaning" effect which I think is really obvious.  Other than his teeth he's decent looking but I don't like how he seems to go rigid when his orderly life gets disrupted. Then you can see through the veneer and he's pissy.

I am watching Mia's body language and she is still hiding things, IMO. She ducks her head, looks away, and rather than acting comfortable, acts guarded and keeps referring to the relationship as "safe" and that she feels "protected." I doubt that she's really come totally clean, and I think Tristan is just enjoying the apology sex and riding out the 8 weeks.  He seems like an overall rather easygoing guy and probably sees this "experiment" as an adventure.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Love 10

I am super in love with Henry! What a happy pup! The show tried to make drama about the dogs meeting...both dogs wagging tails like they’ll fall off their cutesy butts. Both doggies are precious and so was the baby lab. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I really do like Amber- I think she's more "real" than she first came across with the hair extensions and partying like a college girl.  Still, she is hinting that she want to continue to buy what she wants, when she wants and not have to be accountable.  I get that these people all have lives established which include spending their money as they wish; still, she seems like the type who will run short on her part of the bills because she saw something like, oh, an elephant statue and couldn't resist.

Dave is going to have a hard time adjusting to someone else in his space.  I remember in the screening interviews he said something about being very ritualized and that he eats the same breakfast every day.  Finding long blonde hairs in his sink, tripping over stilettos in the closet and having a (very sociable, cute) cat around are surely going to make him twitchy. ...I don't like how he seems to go rigid when his orderly life gets disrupted. Then you can see through the veneer and he's pissy.

Yeah, Dave and Amber were doomed from the first day.

I am watching Mia's body language and she is still hiding things, IMO. She ducks her head, looks away, and rather than acting comfortable, acts guarded and keeps referring to the relationship as "safe" and that she feels "protected." I doubt that she's really come totally clean, and I think Tristan is just enjoying the apology sex and riding out the 8 weeks.  He seems like an overall rather easygoing guy and probably sees this "experiment" as an adventure.

She's hiding a lot. Of course, the show hasn't revealed how much she told Tristan that one night, but I'm sure there's another shoe waiting to drop.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

What is Danielle spending $450 a year waxing? Certainly not her eyebrows. 

Given the way she kind of smirked and looked away, I'm guessing it's bikini waxes. It appears she spends a lot of money on beauty and grooming. Danielle's $15K in credit card debt spent on bullshit is a lot, and she's clearly not interested in making real headway to pay it off, otherwise she'd cut back on her beauty budget. I think I saw on the spreadsheet (I'm team Bobby on budget spreadsheets, I have one) that the interest was 19%. She really needs to prioritize it, and the way she was responding to it ("I guess I could cut back") tells me she won't unless Bobby pushes her to.

Amber's approach to finances stresses me out just hearing it. I'd bet she has little to no savings (the way she was talking about savings as though it was a novel idea was a big tell) and she straight out said she just spends whatever and doesn't really think about it. I can't do that.

I hate cats. I'm sure Paisley is just doing normal cat stuff, but I just don't like them and don't want them around.

I'm on the older side of the millennial generation and I cook. I always have, even as a kid (my parents both had careers so sometimes it fell to me to "get dinner ready" for me and my brother, and sometimes I would just ask to cook dinner). It's a hobby and I love it, and it's also cheaper and healthier than eating out. I do batch cooking and prep on the weekends so it's not a big deal during the week, and I also have a lot of quick meals in my arsenal. My dad is a fantastic cook, as was my grandfather, so the "men don't cook" stereotype doesn't track for me. I cook anyway so I'd be fine taking that on in marriage. Tristan's fridge was complete empty though. That's crazy! Not a box of baking soda, an egg, some milk, nothing. My fridge hasn't been that empty since I bought it.

Tristan and Mia are hard to watch because I don't like Mia. I'm looking forward to Tristan's mother grilling her.

Amber saying she doesn't want to get to know Dave's friends in the preview is ... weird. She doesn't have to be best friends with them but she should at least know them, and she knows he's tight with them. I think Amber is having a hard time incorporating someone into her life in a real way, which is understandable given that she's been on her own for a while.

• Love 8

Amber worries about cleavage wrinkles.  Seriously.

Tristan talks like he knows Mia for years.  He said something about her always being there for him.  "Always" meaning 10 whole days?  Well, he did say they packed a whole lot into those days, but still.  They have fantasized this relationship into epic proportions.

Bobby is a strange cross between a tween and an old man.  His house looks like it was decorated by his parents 30 years ago.  I think I just figured out where he got his furniture from.  When he mentioned his "peen" I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Amber saying she doesn't want to get to know Dave's friends in the preview is ... weird. She doesn't have to be best friends with them but she should at least know them, and she knows he's tight with them. I think Amber is having a hard time incorporating someone into her life in a real way, which is understandable given that she's been on her own for a while.

Perhaps, but Amber is almost certainly worried that at least some of Dave's friends have also heard the ugly gossip about her from Dave's 'bro' at the gym.

• Love 8

Handyman Bobby will help get Mr. Henry back into fighting shape.

Yes, Henry's weight is not good for his little legs and he has been chronically over fed and under exercised.

Now with his own backyard, his bff Nellie running him around and Bobby putting him on a measured portion diet with promised compliance by Danielle not to sneak him food, Henry will lose the weight.

Enjoy having dogs and cat in the cast...watching these humans is getting harder and harder....

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

What is Danielle spending $450 a year waxing? Certainly not her eyebrows. 

in Suburban areas of the city (edited cause it sounded like city "areas" was the wax site) - that's a year subscription to waxing the netherregions at a reputable waxing facility.

10 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

As for Danielle, wow!  $15K of debt!  I don’t want to judge because some people really do go into debt for unavoidable reasons, but she gets a Bark Box every month (as seen on the spreadsheet), plus eyelashes and $450 of waxing each year?  That shit adds up fast.  I see no issue with someone buying those things for themselves, but don’t rack up five figures of debt over it!  I don’t have a whole lot of money, so these eyelashes will just have to be good enough for everyone!

I think they mentioned that she racked up the debt traveling when she probably couldn't afford to.

Edited by MV713
changed city to Suburban
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, MV713 said:

Um in city areas - that's a year subscription to waxing the netherregions at a reputable waxing facility.

I think they mentioned that she racked up the debt traveling when she probably couldn't afford to.

They did, but the other things would have added to her debt.  It could be argued that she shouldn’t be spending as much on the dog treats and personal grooming stuff when she has so much debt.  I just hope Bobby doesn’t end up paying for it. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I appreciate Bobby getting his hands dirty and taking care of the clogged sink himself.

Danielle would have just called a plumber and spend $75 she can not afford...or moved.

Welcome homeownership!

He does need to cut down on how much he cooks and serves to Danielle or she will be waddling around like Henry.

His willingness to do clear a drain at 11pm is sexier than his crab boxers, socks and tshirt outfit.

I wondered what could have possibly been clogging up the drain (long hair) if Bobby lives alone?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Dave is going to have a hard time adjusting to someone else in his space.  I remember in the screening interviews he said something about being very ritualized and that he eats the same breakfast every day.  Finding long blonde hairs in his sink, tripping over stilettos in the closet and having a (very sociable, cute) cat around are surely going to make him twitchy.

He is not going to do well with that cat!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

They did, but the other things would have added to her debt.  It could be argued that she shouldn’t be spending as much on the dog treats and personal grooming stuff when she has so much debt.  I just hope Bobby doesn’t end up paying for it. 

The dog, while very cute, definitely looks like he needs fewer treats, and I absolutely think grooming and beauty should take a backseat to debt repayment. No Birch boxes or lashes for a while.

• Love 7

From my own plumbing experience that gunk is years old because of the yuckiness of the slime...

Diagnosis: A gift from the Previous owner

That sink probably got little use until Danielle ran the water at full blast for a long while and with that ball of deteriorating hair crud blocking the pipe...the clog was just waiting to happen.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

Isn't Amber baby crazy? Doesn't she know having a baby costs... well, money? She doesn't seem concerned about that at all.

Is she actually baby crazy? Or is the show making it seem that she is baby crazy? 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, JAndy said:

I hope Ambers comment ln the previews is taken out of context because that’s super bitchy of her if it’s not 

It has to be, don't you think?  What newlywed would say they don't want to meet their spouse's friends?  Especially when he has their pictures plastered all over the place.  That should be an indication how close he is to them.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Is she actually baby crazy? Or is the show making it seem that she is baby crazy? 

Yea remember Ashley from season 5? Apparently the baby thing was really played up 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Amber is more skittish around Dave than Paisley.

Her statement about hanging out with his friends was a clumsy producer edit, Amber knows how important his bffs are to him...

gawd, Dave is a broken record about his bros....

I dont know how her statement about his friends could mean anything else but what it is.

I do something different than others regarding cooking. My mom did it for me now I do it. I cook my breakfast and dinner during the weekend and put it in the containers and eat off of it throughout the week as needed. I work 2:30 PM to 11:00 Monday through Friday and I dont feel like cooking. Literally can't for dinner. It works fine for me. Saves me a lot of time.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Tristen is so enamored with Mia after one night.  I just don’t get it.  It’s like he never had a woman before.  I fast forward when they come on.  I don’t think she’s sincere.

I fast forward too.  I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but last night....I just find it hard to believe either of them.  He's so affable and touchy-feely.  It's like....really?  Where are all these feelings coming from?  You've been married a week, and two of those days your new wife was in the slammer.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, OnTime said:

Interesting how all  decided to keep and live in the guy's places.

Not just that.  All the guys seemed to be secure financially (owned their own homes, had a tidy savings) yet two of the women either were in a lot of debt or admitted to being pretty frivilous with their money.  Surprisingly Mia owned her condo...good for her...but she has a lot of legal baggage hanging around her.

• Love 6

Once again, not making clear what they want/don't want in a spouse is going to be the kiss of death for all of these couples. And the coaches as usual didn't ask enough questions. 

Dave mentioned before Amber's cat started jumping all over the condo that he didn't really like cats to begin with. Then why in hell are you matched with someone with a cat which is full of personality or anyone with a cat for that matter?? 

There is no way Bobby should use his 5K (or his share $2500, not too clear on if it's 5K each) to help pay Danielle's debt. Not until they decide if they are going to stay together. One week in to the marriage is too soon for him to be handing over money to help her pay her bills. I think Danielle bringing in another foster pet is rude. It's Bobby's house, have some respect. Wait a hot minute before you do that. Then again, maybe she did ask him off camera but if it was me, I wouldn't even have considered asking until getting to know the guy I just married and don't even know. Again, respect. 

Amber: if another woman lived in Dave's place with him then I don't want to live there. STFU Amber!

In past season's, during the finance talk the couples always disclosed how much they earned, who earned more, etc. I miss that. Why didn't they do that this season ? 

Looks like from the previews Tristan's mom really lays in to Mia about being 100% honest and upfront about her past and not hiding anything from her past that is going to hurt her baby Tristan. Don't fuck with mama bear. I can't wait!!

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, JapMo said:
  11 hours ago, JAndy said:

I hope Ambers comment ln the previews is taken out of context because that’s super bitchy of her if it’s not 

I'm hoping Amber's comment was taken out of context.  It was probably in response to Dave saying he's super tight with his band of bros and hopes she doesn't mind them being around all the time.  Judging from the huge constellation of photos he has in his hallway devoted to his friends, that is likely to be the issue, not that she's super bitchy about making new friends.

15 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

WTH with the steer skull, the state wall hanging, the state cutting board...saloon chic?

That stuff reminded me of the scene in "When Harry Met Sally" when Carrie Fisher's character's husband first moves in with her and they have a huge fight over his wagon wheel coffee table.  Of course Tristan is not going to fuss over it given how confused and desperate he seems to be.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Judging from the huge constellation of photos he has in his hallway devoted to his friends,

Oh, no, I missed that! Please tell me you are kidding!! If not, this guy has some serious issues. Is he going to be the guy that has to hang with his bro's all the time like Ryan from last season? God, I hope not. Dave is 37. Grow up, bud. 

• Love 5

I think it is foolish of Bobby to use some of the money on Danielle's debt when he doesn't even know that they are going to stay together yet. Also with Danielle breaking her lease- she should sublet until she's sure that she's staying with Bobby.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Once again, not making clear what they want/don't want in a spouse is going to be the kiss of death for all of these couples. And the coaches as usual didn't ask enough questions. 

Looks like from the previews Tristan's mom really lays in to Mia about being 100% honest and upfront about her past and not hiding anything from her past that is going to hurt her baby Tristan. Don't fuck with mama bear. I can't wait!!

Me, too! Mia can't hide the rest of the truth forever. And you know there has to be a "rest of" it --because there's no way Tristan could know all that stuff from the "spoiler" topic and still be OK with just 'letting the past be the past.' 

For sure, the law isn't going to just forget all about what she did because it's "in the past"!  She still has to face a judge.

• Love 3

Regarding Amber's comment in the previews about not needing new friends, it's no doubt misleading editing.  She doesn't strike me as the type to be calloused or disinterested about her new husband's relationships.  I imagine a scenario something like this:  

Dave: "I hope you like my friends.  What if you don't get along with them."

Amber: "If they don't like me that's fine.  I have my own friends, I don't need new ones."

As for Mia's plethora of Texas pride decor - hasn't she only moved to TX in the last few years from LA?  All of those items seem to me like someone got a little over-zealous adapting to the theme of their new home-state.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, KateHearts said:

but wow, they all have really nice kitchens!

Which they don't appreciate because they don't cook, and think are outdated if they're more than 5 years old.  Super high expectations.  I know, I've watched far too many "Househunters".

26 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

"I want you to know that I will never want that wagon wheel coffee table" said Carrie Fisher's Marie to Bruno Kirby's Jess in WHMS......classic..

excellent cross reference

Thanks, and thanks for posting the video of that scene!  RIP to both of them, BTW.  

16 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, no, I missed that! Please tell me you are kidding!! If not, this guy has some serious issues. Is he going to be the guy that has to hang with his bro's all the time like Ryan from last season? God, I hope not. Dave is 37. Grow up, bud. 

I wish I were kidding!  I even froze the frame on it.  It was pretty creepy in my opinion.  Like how into your guy friends do you have to be to have a mural of photos dedicated to them in your hallway?  Yikes.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I'm hoping Amber's comment was taken out of context.  It was probably in response to Dave saying he's super tight with his band of bros and hopes she doesn't mind them being around all the time.  Judging from the huge constellation of photos he has in his hallway devoted to his friends, that is likely to be the issue, not that she's super bitchy about making new friends.

Yeah, that hallway was full of "bros". And Amber already knows that he heard stuff about her from one of his "bros" at the gym, so I can see why she might not be thrilled to have a big party for all his "bros" to meet the new 'wifey'.

That stuff reminded me of the scene in "When Harry Met Sally" when Carrie Fisher's character's husband first moves in with her and they have a huge fight over his wagon wheel coffee table.  Of course Tristan is not going to fuss over it given how confused and desperate he seems to be.

The uber-Texan, faux-rustic decor doesn't look like anything a woman would buy for her own apartment. Maybe, it could have been stuff Mia bought because her 'ex' liked it --or it could even be stuff that he bought, if they shared her apartment for a while... 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Dave mentioned before Amber's cat started jumping all over the condo that he didn't really like cats to begin with. Then why in hell are you matched with someone with a cat which is full of personality or anyone with a cat for that matter?? 

There is no way Bobby should use his 5K (or his share $2500, not too clear on if it's 5K each) to help pay Danielle's debt. Not until they decide if they are going to stay together. One week in to the marriage is too soon for him to be handing over money to help her pay her bills. I think Danielle bringing in another foster pet is rude. It's Bobby's house, have some respect. Wait a hot minute before you do that. Then again, maybe she did ask him off camera but if it was me, I wouldn't even have considered asking until getting to know the guy I just married and don't even know. Again, respect. 

Amber: if another woman lived in Dave's place with him then I don't want to live there. STFU Amber!

In past season's, during the finance talk the couples always disclosed how much they earned, who earned more, etc. I miss that. Why didn't they do that this season ? 

It's $5K a month for the couple. The psychologist said they were giving "the couples" $5K a month, as though the couples are one unit. And the way Dave was talking about it, he said they should put $2500 toward his mortgage (how much is his mortgage?) and use the other $2500 for something else. So they'll have gotten $10K from the show at the end of it.

It seems like the couples did have that discussion, it just wasn't shown. (I'm curious to know how much Tristan takes home. His rent is $2100, which is high.) Bobby's spreadsheet was very detailed and I noticed there was a line for "paycheck," and the amount was blurred (which, good for the show - I've always said that if I lost my mind and did this, my husband is entitled to that information but the viewing audience is not. One season one of the couples wrote that stuff down and swapped papers, which is probably what I'd do). He couldn't have put that together if they hadn't had a thorough conversation about who earned what and how much their expenses were.

Just now, bichonblitz said:

Yes, he has pictures of his friends in his entryway right as you walk in. I actually don't think this is a problem. He doesn't appear to not be prioritizing Amber, at least not yet, and I think it's very healthy to have friends and interests outside your relationship. I would go bat-shit crazy with a man who wanted to be up under me every second, and I've also seen couples who drop everything and everyone else, the relationship fails, and then they have no friends. You have to strike a balance between carrying on as though you're still single, which is what Ryan was doing, and dropping everything else out of your life, which isn't healthy either. He said his friends have families of their own so odds are good that he CAN'T spend every night with them. 

2 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

I think it is foolish of Bobby to use some of the money on Danielle's debt when he doesn't even know that they are going to stay together yet. Also with Danielle breaking her lease- she should sublet until she's sure that she's staying with Bobby.

She absolutely should not break her lease. I know they're all "she's my person" and shit now, but it makes much more sense to hold onto it for the duration of the show in case things go south. If she breaks her lease and the relationship doesn't work, that's $8K gone AND first, last, and security on a new place.

• Love 3