Type keyword(s) to search

The Clothing Thread: What The Heck Are They Wearing?

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Oh, I missed that part. Guess she was determined to wear it sometime anyway. :)

and spanxed within an inch of her life.  She did look awesome in a completely trashy way.

• Love 3

Her pants were entertaining ;)

Andre is just ??? personified to me.

When did Kate's wardrobe become LK's? Kate was always so simple and elegant. Now it's all bohemian style queen with the highlighted hair and accessories and sparkly nails, etc.

Marlena finally got out of her neon/black blazers and wore something attractive! I liked the scarf.

I hate Eve's coat though. Is that really the best fur coat they could find?

Edited by DisneyBoy

I wouldn't go as far as others on Gabi's wardrobe, but I think TPTB are always trying to convey "fashionista" and just really don't know what they are doing.  I really think Lauren Koslow needs to pull double duty and be in charge of handling specific character's wardrobes. 

• Love 1
(edited)

My problem with Lauren is that I can't reconcile the current version of Kate with the one I knew in the 90s who was very classic and sleek and not quite as accessorized and funky. It would make sense if it was an evolution of her character, but I don't think it has anything to do with who Kate is as a person on the show.

If Billy were, for example, to start dressing Chad in zig-zag ties and polka-dotted shirts and occasionally start wearing shorts, it might look great on him and suit his personality but I wouldn't compliment it because it would have nothing to do with the Chad I'm seeing on screen.

I'm similarly baffled by how Abigail transformed from this hot to trot LA girl into a wispy, willowy, 70s hippie dress wearing soft-spoken maiden. At least with Claire I can say it makes sense because she sings in this strummy guitar gal way. But Abigail? I don't get it.

Ditto with Deidre and Marlena. She used to wear dresses and scarves and sweaters and be feminine and statuesque. Now she's always in a business blazer or a leather biker jacket.

Does nobody think about how the clothes reflect on the characters?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

My problem with Lauren is that I can't reconcile the current version of Kate with the one I knew in the 90s who was very classic and sleek and not quite as accessorized and funky. It would make sense if it was an evolution of her character, but I don't think it has anything to do with who Kate is as a person on the show.

If Billy were, for example, to start dressing Chad in zig-zag ties and polka-dotted shirts and occasionally start wearing shorts, it might look great on him and suit his personality but I wouldn't compliment it because it would have nothing to do with the Chad I'm seeing on screen.

I'm similarly baffled by how Abigail transformed from this hot to trot LA girl into a wispy, willowy, 70s hippie dress wearing soft-spoken maiden. At least with Claire I can say it makes sense because she sings in this strummy guitar gal way. But Abigail? I don't get it.

Ditto with Deidre and Marlena. She used to wear dresses and scarves and sweaters and be feminine and statuesque. Now she's always in a business blazer or a leather biker jacket.

Does nobody think about how the clothes reflect on the characters?

I hate Kate's look.  She is supposed to be a sophisticated business woman. I miss her jet black hair. I hate her bohemian style and that blue streak in her hair annoys me.

Marlena was also very fashionable and sophisticated as well.  Deidre dresses like she is going to get a loaf of bread..

Rumor has it that the actors have more say in their character's wardrobe.  Actors should not have that type of influence..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, msrachelj said:

i know hope's been at the altar quite a few times but that outfit was fugly. as was claire's dress. did not fit correctly and was matronly. 

It was a lot better looking than that green monstrosity Julie was wearing, or the fugly tan thing Claire had on.

• Love 4

I actually liked Gabi's dress for once. It was still sexy with the low plunging neckline, but not skin tight and made of latex. I also liked her hair. That's how I think she should dress way more often. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I actually thought Julie looked nice in the green.

I'm hoping they save it for the viewing.  I'm sure she'll have an open casket and finally, a closed mouth.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, boes said:

I'm hoping they save it for the viewing.  I'm sure she'll have an open casket and finally, a closed mouth.

So long as wardrobe lets Maggie wear the navy suit with the gold placket trim down the front that she wore when making her excuses, I'm good. That was one of the best items I've ever seen on the show.

BTW, re the viewing, I'll bring the calla lilies. I'll be the one fawning over Louise Sorel.

• Love 1
(edited)

What on Earth was Ciara wearing ? She looked like she worked at Armsterdam's red light district. That dress code is totally inappropriate.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

Hey why did everybody stop posting here? This was fun! 
Not clothes but what happened to Maggies wigs?! Is she putting them on herself? Besides the styles being waaaay too young for her, they are ill fitting, slipping down her forehead. I’m embarrassed for her. I keep getting distracted during her scenes. I can only concentrate on the dead animal devouring her head.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I still hate Gabi's clothes. Why the heck is she constantly dressed like she's about to hit a nightclub?

It’s more like she dresses like high-class hooker. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, FrankOFoley said:

Does anyone know what Julie is wearing or how to find out? I find that she dresses well for her age. There’s nothing on Wornontv.com. Thanks.

That is so strange! It's not an age thing as Vivian and Maggie's wardrobe's are featured. No idea why that would be.

I don't know if she is on Twitter but you could reach out to her there.

• Love 1

Derrierre's(sp?) are being featured...Lani's skin tight white pants showed off her booty quite nicely & Gabi's exercise pants today showed off her feature also...but Gabi always has super tight clothes on :)

(edited)

Kayla wears a lot of Ted Baker. Gabi is all over the map. Nicole is in the mid range of contemporary designers. Kristen and Kate tend to wear more expensive stuff. 

Edited by Frozendiva
Typo
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 3/5/2018 at 8:18 PM, DisneyBoy said:

The problem with Claire's clothes is that they all show off her protruding collarbone. Yuck.

I remember being really happy for ORK when she came back for her last stint looking so much healthier. It was also funnier though because she clearly just went with her real clothing style that last go round.

.https://www.instagram.com/p/B0M4kvIlmzR/

I feel positive we saw Claire in outfits similar to this as ORK neared the end of her run as opposed to all the hippie outfits Claire wore for most of her run.

Edited by methodwriter85
On 6/17/2021 at 5:16 PM, Frozendiva said:

Kayla wears a lot of Ted Baker. Gabi is all over the map. Nicole is in the mid range of contemporary designers. Kristen and Kate tend to wear more expensive stuff. 

Thanks!  I actually like Kayla's dresses sometimes so I just looked up Ted Baker.  Wouldn't you know it, there's her blue dress from last week front and center...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Thanks!  I actually like Kayla's dresses sometimes so I just looked up Ted Baker.  Wouldn't you know it, there's her blue dress from last week front and center...

Worn On TV will have some of the outfits listed and where they are from. There is a Days page. I looked at The Flash page because it is filmed in Canada. Some of the clothes have come from Simons, one of our department stores with its own lines.

• Love 1

The Ted Baker dresses really suit Kayla. She always looks so pretty in them. Nadia said years ago the stylist at the time shopped at normal stores like Macys and that most of Chloe's dresses were under $100. I remember seeing one of Jennifer's dresses there. I personally think Jen usually looks cute too, even if I wouldn't wear everything she does. Whether you like Days fashion or not, you can look stylish without spending a fortune on wardrobe if you have good taste.

Camila is young, beautiful, and has a great figure. I don't know if it's the taste of the stylists or Camila herself, but Gabi is dressed in a way that screams trying hard to be sexy. Not only does it look silly to wear skintight, low-cut and short ensembles every day-whether at work, at the hospital, running errands, it's not necessary for Gabi to look hot, if that's the point of the clothes. Men would find Gabi "hard to resist" if she wore jeans and a cute top. I also like the idea of showing off one body part at a time, if you like to add sex appeal every day. If you're going to show cleavage, a longer, looser dress looks more "daytime" and is more practical. In real life, even if you don't have an office job where you have to go in wearing pantsuits or dress conservatively or anything, you pick up your kids from school, you take stairs, bend over, pick up things. Even women who love looking sexy don't usually want to worry about their boobs and butts falling out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think what Gabi has been wearing the past few days is the most summery and appropriate outfit I may have ever seen on the show for summer.  It's not for the boardroom but the lightweight white jumper with the ties?  It shows skin but it's also pretty flowy in a way that screams "it's hot outside."

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think what Gabi has been wearing the past few days is the most summary and appropriate outfit I may have ever seen on the show.  It's not for the boardroom but the lightweight white jumper with the ties?  It shows skin but it's also pretty flowy in a way that screams "it's hot outside."

I was just going to post that the white jumpsuit is the best I’ve seen on Gabi.

It’s classy and flattering , not cheap and nauseating 

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think what Gabi has been wearing the past few days is the most summery and appropriate outfit I may have ever seen on the show for summer.  It's not for the boardroom but the lightweight white jumper with the ties?  It shows skin but it's also pretty flowy in a way that screams "it's hot outside."

9 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I was just going to post that the white jumpsuit is the best I’ve seen on Gabi.

It’s classy and flattering , not cheap and nauseating 

It's better, IMO, but still not great - I think it's because it's linen so they can't keep it unwrinkled.  

• Useful 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It seems to me like most of the characters just dress however the actors dress in real life.

They allegedly do not have a wardrobe person anymore which makes a lot of sense because everyone basically looks like how people tend to dress in real life, especially the younger guys not played by Billy Flynn. Chandler especially always just looked like how a real 20-something guy in the 2010's dressed.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

They allegedly do not have a wardrobe person anymore which makes a lot of sense because everyone basically looks like how people tend to dress in real life, especially the younger guys not played by Billy Flynn. Chandler especially always just looked like how a real 20-something guy in the 2010's dressed.

So Freddie Smith always wears a sports coat?

I also love the jumpsuit on Gabi. 

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 6/14/2021 at 2:10 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Derrierre's(sp?) are being featured...Lani's skin tight white pants showed off her booty quite nicely & Gabi's exercise pants today showed off her feature also...but Gabi always has super tight clothes on :)

Not to be crass and uncouth..but how oh how is there no “camel toe”  with Gab’s and her super duper tight exercise pants. ???

I’m very serious. I NEED  to know!

13 hours ago, RedElf said:

Gabi's jumpsuit is from Guess

Best I’ve seen on the girl!

Edited by Chellfairy
(edited)

Many good quality exercise pants will have a reinforced crotch area to help alleviate the aforementioned "toe" issues, along with simply wearing the right size. Also, there are very good seamless exercise-based thong underwear available that would help that too.

Edited by RunningMarket