Type keyword(s) to search

The Clothing Thread: What The Heck Are They Wearing?

• Start Topic

LOL, Rick, if ever a thread were needed, this is it!

I still have brain freeze from whatever the hell that paisley print outfit from hell was that Jennifer was wearing.  I almost felt sorry for Dirty Dan, seeing that the love of his life was dressed like an escapee from the Atlantic City Boudoir of Love Boutique.  I'm convinced that primary reason he wanted to her get out of that outfit and into bed as the show ended on Friday was so he could stop from having to see that horror.

And for once, I don't mean Jennifer - at least not directly.

• Love 2

And why is she in mourning black for Nick?

She's probably afraid that Julie will toss her in the grave with Nick if she doesn't.

Can you imagine the wailing??

• Love 3
(edited)

Did anyone notice that horrible get up Abby was wearing?  Dark hose and tapestry-looking short shorts.  Is she bowlegged?  It was awful when the camera did a long shot of her walking.  Ewww just ewwwwwwwwwwww.

I did like Nicole's white blouse trimmed in black with the black bra.  Sexy.  Hated Sami's snake print blouse.  Can't wait to see her in the white dress trimmed in black.

Edited by CatLady

What is with all the bellbottom pants? So far I've seen Jennifer (twice), Paige, and now Gabby in them. I don't see people in the real world wearing them unless it's just a regional thing. 

I hope we can include makeup/hair in this thread ...

Poor Maxine! The makeup artists who put green eyeshadow on her to match her emerald greed shirt need to be checked for colour blindness. That colour does not compliment her complexion.

I guess someone thinks the grey looks manly and he's used to wearing black? 

Ever since Eric defrocked he looks and acts like a ten year old boy.  It's creepy.  As handsome as he is, it's apparent he gained a lot of his manliness through the preist robes. It makes Nicole look that much more pathetic.  Someone here (Boes?) said, don't put testosterone and Eric in the same sentence. 

I also noticed Dan's necklace again today too.  What is that, a nickel washer on a black cord?  You know that cord smells by now. Jen should do what I did (to an ugly watch) and just tear the thing off and say NO. And his hair is getting stragglier and stragglier.  Combing it forward isn't going to work much longer.  See:  Jawn.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe that necklace of Dan"s is a Life Alert that he wears just in case he falls and get up.  They're not just for the elderly - apparently they're useful for Dan's subgroup of the population - morons.

And why was Sami going for the Rocket Raccoon look today?  Those eyes were scary - and that's even before she got crazed about Will.

Edited by boes
  • Love 1

I'm wondering what the hell kind of pants are those that Sami is wearing?  Some shiny, satiny, weird print things?  They are ridiculously ugly!

I think I must live in a state that isn't very fashion forward because no one wears shiny, print pants around here.  Or humungous bell bottom pants either.  And I'm okay with that. :)

• Love 2

I'm wondering what the hell kind of pants are those that Sami is wearing?  Some shiny, satiny, weird print things?  They are ridiculously ugly!

I think I must live in a state that isn't very fashion forward because no one wears shiny, print pants around here.  Or humungous bell bottom pants either.  And I'm okay with that. :)

I think Sami must have raided Jenn's closet.  I swear those are from the same look that Jennifer was wearing last week when she wa running around town looking like a refugee from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

When I saw that Jenn had her hair pulled back and poofed out, and she was dressed like a recruiter for Scientology that there would be trouble a-brewin' in Salem!  She a constant buttinsky, but when she gets that hair of hers on top of her head the Deveraux motormouth reaaaaaaaaaaaaallly goes into action. 

• Love 1

Boes, I've stopped counting the coffee-spewed keyboards you owe me! 

I swear those are from the same look that Jennifer was wearing last week when she wa running around town looking like a refugee from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I've been wondering if Jenn naturally has pretty coarse hair and that flat, crispy look comes from over straightening, but that Mad Men look did nothing for her.  I think we all hate Abby's bun if only because it makes her mouth gape open even more, if that's possible. Honest to god I can't stand looking at that girl's open mouth anymore.

I happened to hear that "bohemian" will be popular this fall, I think that's where the bellbottoms are coming from.  I  love the grey blouse Gabby is wearing. Aside from the blanket/shirt the other day she usually looks great.  Too great for a single mother/student who only just began working again. On Gabby the blouse looks age appropriate.  In fact she had an angelic glow on her face, basically saying goodbye to her daughter.  I didn't hate Hope in that scene either. 

(edited)
I think Sami must have raided Jenn's closet.  I swear those are from the same look that Jennifer was wearing last week when she wa running around town looking like a refugee from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

ROTFLMAO!  I too thought her and Jenn went shopping together with Austin Powers when Sami walked in the room with those pants. Although at least her black and red tops matched. Jenn's mustard and burgundy and black lace layering mess was atrocious. 

Was Abigail using Daniel's dry shampoo this week? Her locks looked like the ends got chopped in a blender. I can see why no one asked her to model. 

Edited by Peanut6711
(edited)

Jenn's mustard and burgundy and black lace layering mess was atrocious.

It was actually mustard, burgandy and  a crocheted plum or eggplant layer.  I hate to tell you this, but that was a thing in the 70's so I sort of understood the colors but I don't think anyone other than Janis Joplin wore bells that big.. But we know Jen was no hippie in the 70's and it just made her look old and fake.  She tweeted something intolerant or insensitive a while back and shut down her account because of it but I won't get into that here. In fact there were online discussions whether she would go to the WilSon wedding but I can't remember if she was there. I used to love her back in the day with Jack.  I remember Jack delivering Abs in the Horton Cabin.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1
It was actually mustard, burgandy and  a crocheted plum or eggplant layer. 

Opps, I thought it was black sheer…as in she got dressed in the dark and put her undergarments on the outside. Lol

I remember Jack delivering Abs in the Horton Cabin.

How ironic that Abs did the big bad Dimera in the very cabin (bed??) that she was born!

• Love 2

I'm always hating on everything people are wearing in Salem but I gotta say, whoever decided to put Guy Wilson in those tight jeans, deserves a medal. Best butt in Salem! Also, the form fitting shirt is perfection. Guy is super hot so no more weird sweater vests or ugly patterned shirts please?

• Love 2

Man, Missy Reeves really must have pissed off wardrobe and makeup.  I don't know exactly WHAT she's supposed to look like, dressed in that domintrix secretary outfit.  The colors look like they tried to match the wall color from a Motel Six and her hair looks like it was modeled after Cloris Leachman in "High Anxiety". 

Sitting there, so primly on the couch, talking to Marlena, Jenn looked mentally challenged, as if Marlena was using words too big for her to understand. 

Dirty Dan looks like something Annette Funicello forgot to bring home from one of her 60's Beach movies, but even he doesn't deserve to be stuck with her.

• Love 3

I'm always hating on everything people are wearing in Salem but I gotta say, whoever decided to put Guy Wilson in those tight jeans, deserves a medal. Best butt in Salem! Also, the form fitting shirt is perfection. Guy is super hot so no more weird sweater vests or ugly patterned shirts please?

I concur. I think he's much cuter than old Will and has a great body.

Gray, gray gray.  I've commented in the past about how everybody's sheets are gray, and I complained about how Eric always wears only gray.  But in the revolving door scenes in the police station, Gabi was in gray, Rafe was in gray, Will was in gray and Abigail was in gray.  A little color, please, people?

Dan's head looks like the dried up hairball my cat left last night.

Dressing Eric like a 10 yr old then seeing tears roll down his face makes me feel icky inside for thinking he was handsome at one time. I feel like finding him his favorite baseball cap and getting him an ice cream.

Looks like Days has moved on from the taupy grey oatmeal to classic crayola colors.

• Love 3

Okay, Will's tight jeans and shirt was way hot but how about a change of outfit now? Everyone else has changed clothes since then but he's been wearing those for at least 2 weeks now. How about a different pair of tight jeans and a different color tight shirt? Pretty please?

It was funny yesterday watching the scene where Nicole came in to trash Jennifer (and I'll always root for anybody who trashes Jennifer) to notice that the taupy color of Jennifer's clothes was the exact same color as the flowers she had on her coffee table.

• Love 1

I think the budget cutting has resulted in one person coordinating everybody's outfits that they have to wear for days. I think it works the same way with the makeup. I don't know, makes it easier for the lighting?

Remember when the overstock.com truck backed into the Days set last fall and gave everyone matching leather jackets? (Eric's of course, was grey and he wore it for weeks.)

However, I loved the colors for the WilSon wedding and I'm glad they've given up Neon Week for the time being.

Happy to see LK in blue with her blue streak. Her floral blouse was the only thing that broke the crayon box look.

I'd like to know why the brunettes (Hope, Kate, Jordan) all have such brassy tones to their hair. Is this a new style? I thought most people try to avoid that when getting color. I saw an older you tube clip of Hope the other day (from the Shawn/Belle years) and she had a nice rich dark brown color. I'm sure Kate did once too.  Why is the hair department letting the actresses sit in the California sun after a color application??? 

It was funny yesterday watching the scene where Nicole came in to trash Jennifer (and I'll always root for anybody who trashes Jennifer) to notice that the taupy color of Jennifer's clothes was the exact same color as the flowers she had on her coffee table.

I think that Jen's outfit was more "dusty rose" than taupe, and yes, it made sense it would match the house and the decor.  But then the makeup was all sort of one-tone, and she becomes this person like in those art exhibits where the naked people are painted and look like they are part of the room.

I will say that she has a cute ass in those dusty rose pants, and I am not even fond of girls, but for some reason my eye was drawn there.

My big fashion highlight of the week so far is Marlena wearing another one of her neon jackets, but this time, while supposedly stealthily  stalking and eavesdropping on Kami.  How could they not see her?  When Kate finally did see her, you could tell she was blinded in her peripheral vision.

• Love 3

Ugh.  I am so sick of looking at Gabi's awful gray poncho top.  Can they please get her in a prison jumpsuit soon to complete the rest of the Gabi Hernandez Goodbye Tour?

I really liked the red jacket Sami was wearing today.

I like it too.  It's a shame that she forgot to wash her hair though.

• Love 1

I like the mint green of Nicole's shirt, though I don't particularly care for the cut.

Why was T in a black shirt and tie today working at the club?  That isn't the bar's work uniform, is it?  Ben usually wears a maroon polo shirt.

Why was T in a black shirt and tie today working at the club?  That isn't the bar's work uniform, is it?  Ben usually wears a maroon polo shirt.

I think it's a new uniform. The other guy behind the bar was wearing the same thing.

Is it wrong that the last thought I had about Gabi as she made her final exit was, "there goes the person with the best hair on this show." Either CB does her own or she's hasn't pissed off the hair stylists like most everyone else on set.

• Love 2

Why is Will dressed like Mister Rogers's senior citizen neighbor?  Why would somebody wear a buttoned up sweater over an untucked shirt, so that the tail hangs down below the sweater?

I like Sami's new 'do.

• Love 1

I think she did her own and I remember an article where she went on and on about her products and routine. I know she has never dyed her hair also.

About Will I think they have been trying to make him a hipster or something. What does he do?

About Will I think they have been trying to make him a hipster or something. What does he do?

Best I can figure is he spends his time at the police station either charged with a murder he didn't commit or confessing to one he didn't do.  Maybe all that has disturbed his fashion aura.

• Love 1
(edited)

Gosh, Gabi has gorgeous hair.

Aside from the ugliness of Will's sweater, which matched taupy-grey-oatmeal week, it just looked cheap to me because it didn't fit well.  It's all I could do to reach through the screen and adjust it for him.  Apparently no one checked him right before filming.

Although Ari's grey with black flocking baby dress looked a little funereal, it was beautiful.  I also liked the green or teal Healthtex looking dress loooked great.  (I bought lots of Healthtex for my baby before Walmart made them make cheap clothes.)  Nice touch by the writers saying it was the first dress Will bought Ari because he didn't know about baby sizes.  I'm not a fan of baby headbands except occasionally, glad to see Ari doesn't wear them.  She doesn't use a binky either, doubly glad to see that.  I'll bet Ari won't be on for a while.

Loving Sami's black tank and flirty print skirt.  Much nicer than the overly small neon spandex numbers they had her wearing for a while.

Edited by QuelleC
(edited)

Was the hair dept. on strike and finally crossed the picket lines because Sami, Nicole, Abby--all had very nice and more flattering do's today. 

Edited to add: Apparently the wardrobe dept. hates Jennifer as much as we do because what in the world was that outfit she had on? The bell-bottoms on her pants have migrated up her legs and her top looked like the fabric came from pediatric scrubs. It was a home-made nightmare and more so in comparison to Sami, Nicole, and Abby's more high end dresses. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

Jenn finally looked decent from the chin up, neck down a complete disaster. That blouse made her look like she needs to be stocking shelves at some local store in the 60's. Peace Sister.

Abby in white is just too damn funny.

IDK what the fuck Sami had on with that horrible white thing down the middle of her outfit like a tie. That was just one horrible dress.

Sonny can parade around in my house in a wife beater anytime he wants.

• Love 2

Jenn is dressed like that hippie art teacher who taught all the kids to tie-dye in the '70s. And I doubt one could find a neutral lip gloss/stick in the entire LA area because the Days makeup artists have apparently procured them all.  Would a little pink gloss hurt matters? I think not.

• Love 2