Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
galax-arena

The Duggars and Their World: Fashion, Food, Finance, Schoolin’ and Child Rearin'

Recommended Posts


Actually, only JB and Joe are Realtors©. You can look it up for yourself at the realtor.com website. You'd think that a God-fearing Christian woman like Michelle wouldn't lie by claiming "There are 4 realtors in our family now!" When actually there are four licensed Arkansas real estate agents, TWO of which are also Realtors©.

Oh, wait, she's a Duggar. Meaning, it's wise to fact check everything she says.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

actually there are four licensed Arkansas real estate agents, TWO of which are also Realtors©.

What are the requirements to become a Realtor vs real estate agent?? (in the real world)

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

What are the requirements to become a Realtor vs real estate agent?? (in the real world)

I don't know much about it but the National Association of Realtors website has the information. Only NAR members are entitled to call themselves Realtors©, which is a copyrighted term. The NAR is a trade association, with some membership requirements, like that the head of whatever agency a licensed RE agent works for, has to be a Realtor©, if the agent wants to be one too.

I commented on Meech's post because I'm not even in the real estate business, and I know that not every licensed RE agent is also a Realtor©. I'd expect a licensed RE agent to be darned well aware of the real meaning of the word and not throw it around like a layperson might. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Has Michelle even kept up her real estate license? 

And yep, jurisdictions can be very picky about who can call themselves certain titles. So Michelle probably shouldn't be throwing around "realtor" if not every agent is a realtor, and even if JB and Joe are licensed Realtors. My field is school psychology. Specialist-level practitioners in most states can call themselves school psychologists, assuming they have the proper credentials. However, this is not the case in Texas. Only a doctoral level practitioner can call themselves a "school psychologist." Specialist-level practitioners call themselves "Licensed Specialist in School Psychology," or LSSP for short.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Has Michelle even kept up her real estate license? 

And yep, jurisdictions can be very picky about who can call themselves certain titles. So Michelle probably shouldn't be throwing around "realtor" if not every agent is a realtor, and even if JB and Joe are licensed Realtors. My field is school psychology. Specialist-level practitioners in most states can call themselves school psychologists, assuming they have the proper credentials. However, this is not the case in Texas. Only a doctoral level practitioner can call themselves a "school psychologist." Specialist-level practitioners call themselves "Licensed Specialist in School Psychology," or LSSP for short.

I hope a couple Arkansas Realtors call them out. I'm an LICSW and just about anyone calls themselves a social worker these days. And even folks calling themselves therapists when they're counselors.

Many don't respect and appreciate the time, effort and money that go into getting degrees, licenses and proper credentials.

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure if the lady that sold my mother's house is a Realtor or real estate agent. We are in Maryland & I'm guessing she's a realtor. She is one lady who hustled to get my mom's house sold asap & she did. I can't imagine the Duggars working at her speed to sell a house.

ETA: we did have a dud agent once so they all aren't perfect.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

svnv6enbrjw51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Yet they still don’t know that “Realtor” should be capitalized??

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope a couple Arkansas Realtors call them out. I'm an LICSW and just about anyone calls themselves a social worker these days. And even folks calling themselves therapists when they're counselors.

Many don't respect and appreciate the time, effort and money that go into getting degrees, licenses and proper credentials.

Social workers need title protection! Ugh. Anyway, I see others have already addressed the Realtor issue.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Confession: I actually didn't know the difference between a realtor and real estate agent before today, despite having a couple of relatives who have dabbled in real estate. I love how much I learn from this board! 

  • Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm not sure if the lady that sold my mother's house is a Realtor or real estate agent. We are in Maryland & I'm guessing she's a realtor. She is one lady who hustled to get my mom's house sold asap & she did. I can't imagine the Duggars working at her speed to sell a house.

ETA: we did have a dud agent once so they all aren't perfect.  

Your agent could have been a Realtor, or, not. All Realtors must be licensed real estate agents in their state. Realtor is an additional credential, although it seems to primarily denote membership in the NAR (trade association). It's not like the kind of credential that's earned by additional training or experience. As I said, Michelle's post annoyed me because a licensed real estate agent should know the difference and not misuse the word the way she did. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

No comments about  Michelle's flat hair in the above picture ?

Wow, you're right.  I guess the lost girls were never taught to perm.  Boob seems to be grayer each time I see him.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Wait !!!!! No comments about  Michelle's flat hair in the above picture ? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

I didn't even notice, but now that I looked at the picture closer, it does look like they need to repair their roof.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Has Michelle even kept up her real estate license? 

And yep, jurisdictions can be very picky about who can call themselves certain titles. So Michelle probably shouldn't be throwing around "realtor" if not every agent is a realtor, and even if JB and Joe are licensed Realtors. My field is school psychology. Specialist-level practitioners in most states can call themselves school psychologists, assuming they have the proper credentials. However, this is not the case in Texas. Only a doctoral level practitioner can call themselves a "school psychologist." Specialist-level practitioners call themselves "Licensed Specialist in School Psychology," or LSSP for short.

Meech's license is expired. So, she's basically lying about the number of "realtors" there are in the Duggar family.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Lies? But Jesus! 

She was a real estate agent at ONE time you guys so it's forever, isn't it?

They are just amoral and lie over inconsequential things also.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Only NAR members are entitled to call themselves Realtors©,

And if you call yourself a reel-a-tor, I will throat punch you.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Quof said:

And if you call yourself a reel-a-tor, I will throat punch you.

If I called anyone a reel-a-tor, I would deserve it!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Is it possible that Jeremiah passed the test and the Realtor website hasn't added him yet? Then again on-line tests seem to be Instantaneous. But there might be paywork that needs filling out. 

Michelle, on the other hand, is definitely not a Realtor anymore. 

Add doula to list of terms that have no real definition. Anyone can call themselves a doula; there is no real oversight for that job. (Midwives and nurses need actual training.)

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Add doula to list of terms that have no real definition

Which is why it was so bizarre that Austin's sister was allowed to attend Evelyn's birth as a "doula," when hospitals were restricting access to immediate family and actual health care professionals. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Is it possible that Jeremiah passed the test and the Realtor website hasn't added him yet? Then again on-line tests seem to be Instantaneous. But there might be paywork that needs filling out. 

Michelle, on the other hand, is definitely not a Realtor anymore. 

Add doula to list of terms that have no real definition. Anyone can call themselves a doula; there is no real oversight for that job. (Midwives and nurses need actual training.)

Absolutely possible. I took my last exam on Labor Day, found out I passed that day, and I didn't show up on the Texas licensing board website until about a couple weeks or so later. I did have to submit my results to the person responsible for processing licensing paperwork. 

And chances are Jill's midwifery credentials expired. The jury's out on Abbie though.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Oh my goodness fellow posters, now is your chance to move to NW Arkansas. The area council is offering $10,000 and a mountain bike to move there. I kid you not. Best fill out the application soon, so you won't miss your chance to live in Duggarville.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness fellow posters, now is your chance to move to NW Arkansas. The area council is offering $10,000 and a mountain bike to more there. I kid you not. Best fill out the application soon, so you won't miss your chance to live in Duggarville.

A friend of mine who still lives in Fayetteville posted about this, and locals were really piling on it. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I should have know there was Walton money behind it! A lot of the comments I was reading on my friend's post were people who were mad that Arkansans weren't eligible, though the NWA metro area is a popular place for people from rural areas to move to for jobs, and fears it will cause the housing market, which is already starting to price people out, to skyrocket. 

Not sure I can link to it because it's a fundraiser, but someone has started a Change.org petition asking the council to give away money for poverty grants rather than for this. 

Also I am confused about why they are touting the jobs market but requiring you to already have a job? 🥴

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness fellow posters, now is your chance to move to NW Arkansas. The area council is offering $10,000 and a mountain bike to move there. I kid you not. Best fill out the application soon, so you won't miss your chance to live in Duggarville.

How nice of a mountain bike are we talking???

IIRC, some southern state, maybe Mississippi, had a group offering Jewish people money to move there...I feel like if someone has to bribe you to move someplace, maybe it's a bad sign. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, questionfear said:

How nice of a mountain bike are we talking???

IIRC, some southern state, maybe Mississippi, had a group offering Jewish people money to move there...I feel like if someone has to bribe you to move someplace, maybe it's a bad sign. 

Last year Vermont offered the $10,000 to move there and work remotely. They wanted younger folks and families to move there. I think covid migration from the cities led to lots people moving there this year, with or without the money

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/1/2020 at 2:42 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

Wait !!!!! No comments about  Michelle's flat hair in the above picture ? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

I was too distracted by her Canadian lady tuxedo.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

So much of the country (but not enough, IMO) scaled back their Thanksgiving to help stop the spread of covid and keep loved ones safe. The Duggars on the other hand, spread out their family of 30+ to at least three states and maybe more. TX, CA, AR and possibly OK. Not to mention that some of the family they visited with will return to FL and NJ.

The only thing missing was blankets.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 14

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone reminder me who, if any, of the Duggerlings are currently expecting?  I am finding the whole clan so boring and they are all so rinse and repeat.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, louannems said:

Can someone reminder me who, if any, of the Duggerlings are currently expecting?  I am finding the whole clan so boring and they are all so rinse and repeat.

I think maybe Kendra is the only confirmed pregnant Duggar at this time.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think these people understand the difference between an ugly sweater party and a costume party. Half of the people there were wearing costumes, not just stupid Christmas sweaters. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

truly they do not get the ugly sweater idea- for the duggars it is more like an Elementary school Spirit Week Tacky Day - dress in crazy outfits, bad hair accessories, mismatched clothing etc

 

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

This most definitely qualifies as a superspreader event.  Arkansas is out of control with community spread of covid-19.  It has  three times the cases and deaths per capita of my (Washington) state.

We've been in a second lockdown since mid November and that means no gatherings indoors of people who don't live under your roof.

I don't follow Arkansas' mandates but these people must at least hear the CDC on TV or the radio or online or something.  They really don't care at all?

Of course they don't care!

  • Like 6
  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, louannems said:

This most definitely qualifies as a superspreader event.  Arkansas is out of control with community spread of covid-19.  It has  three times the cases and deaths per capita of my (Washington) state.

We've been in a second lockdown since mid November and that means no gatherings indoors of people who don't live under your roof.

I don't follow Arkansas' mandates but these people must at least hear the CDC on TV or the radio or online or something.  They really don't care at all?

Of course they don't care!

I don't think it's that they don't care they just think is just a virus like the flu. After all some people from the flu and we don't shut everything down do we? ( by the way this is NOT my thought process)  We don't ask people to wear masks during flu season (Maybe we should) so why should we now after all its just a virus. If someone dies I believe they will be sad but still think that the chances were small that they would have a bad reaction and you can't stop your live because you have a small chance of dying. You know, in some ways I agree with this except this is a new virus and we must do what we can to slow tge spread till professionals have this figured out. If their actions did not affect others it would not bother me so much. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I find it perplexing that the Duggars and their ilk don't think it's infringing on their rights and privileges to follow a bunch of rules created by a random man (Bill Gothard) that limit what they can wear, what kind of job they can get, what type of education they can receive, what hairstyle they have, whether or not they become parents, and on and on...but wearing a mask and not gathering as a large group during a pandemic is just beyond the pale and completing destroying their freedom..  If Gothard told them to wear a mask would they do it, no questions asked?

  • Like 16
  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

I find it perplexing that the Duggars and their ilk don't think it's infringing on their rights and privileges to follow a bunch of rules created by a random man (Bill Gothard) that limit what they can wear, what kind of job they can get, what type of education they can receive, what hairstyle they have, whether or not they become parents, and on and on...but wearing a mask and not gathering as a large group during a pandemic is just beyond the pale and completing destroying their freedom..  If Gothard told them to wear a mask would they do it, no questions asked?

I think they would follow what their "leaders" tell them to do. This cult allows (mostly men because who else is going to lead a family, heh) to not have to use their poor little brains. Everything is decided for them -one size fits all is not a good idea for pantyhose and it's surely not a good idea for living and planning your life.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

If Gothard told them to wear a mask would they do it, no questions asked?

I think they probably would.

In the case of Covid, for example, the people in their leadership class (such as virtually all the pastors and cult leaders who are conservative Christians of their variety -- a crowd that Gothard himself seldom seemed to veer from much, except for adding some little details of his own, like love of teen girl bare feet and sausage curls) have told them not to wear masks. From the very beginning of this. And at the same time, the people they despise as their satanic enemies have said do wear masks. 

So it's not as if they're thinking for themselves when they eschew and denigrate mask wearing. Those they define as "good people" have pretty much all told them to go maskless and gather in as many large groups as possible. And those "good people' have been able to point to the usual "bad people" as saying the opposite. Their usual leaders have all spoken with one voice. 

So this crowd is still following the same people they've always followed.

I think that's a pretty good reason to believe that they'd continue to follow those leaders, no matter which way the leaders had gone on this (or on anything else) 

Gothard himself hasn't made any pronouncements that I've seen, but that's just because his particular crowd have made him invisible to protect their own image....and probably also because he's getting old as they hills now. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

And in another thread we were discussing differences in IFB, Gothard, fundies in general and SBC.  All the SBC members and churches I know are following the health department orders fairly faithfully and the members are wearing masks. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Doesn't Abbie work as a nurse? Having such a large, non-socially distanced gathering is so irresponsible for everyone but especially healthcare workers.

It's definitely irresponsible, but I don't think she's worked since she got married. If she does, someone here will know! 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

It’s never been mentioned that she works. I believe John David had some kind of statement on the show against a wife working. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size