Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Make Room for Baby

• Start Topic

On 8/8/2018 at 7:22 AM, McManda said:

First, that's gross. But second, wouldn't picking a scab hurt more than a fingerstick for a glucose test?

... and it gets grosser the more I think about it.

Joy and a lot of them are gross.  Their hygiene, their house cleanliness, their habit of being late, their antiquated attitudes, and well I could go on and on.  Joy is sorta the Pig Pen of the bunch though.

• Love 24
On 8/8/2018 at 8:52 AM, woodscommaelle said:

I see your point. I think both should speak to the kids. But will they even listen?

I agree with both needing to be part of the conversation.  If JB/M tell the kids they could say well, maybe Joe doesn't care and it IS Joe's house.  Old enough to be married and have a kid?  Old enough to set some freaking boundaries.  I recommend keeping the blinds closed and door locked.  Although I just had the Beetlejuice scene pop into my head where Geena Davis or Alec Baldwin open a blind and the agent is peering in.  I can see that happening with Josie or another little.  Not enough $ in the world to live in that set up.

• Love 4

It's illogical to me why these parents are 'shocked' that they are going to be grandparents so quickly. What do they expect? You have healthy, emotionally starved 20 somethings, married and the "God given authority to" 'go for it'..it's all good. What option do these kids have? Birth control? No. Abstinence? No.  They are going to conceive most likely during the first 6 weeks of marriage since they are most likely having relations every possible opportunity. They are all idiots.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

It's illogical to me why these parents are 'shocked' that they are going to be grandparents so quickly. What do they expect? You have healthy, emotionally starved 20 somethings, married and the "God given authority to" 'go for it'..it's all good. What option do these kids have? Birth control? No. Abstinence? No.  They are going to conceive most likely during the first 6 weeks of marriage since they are most likely having relations every possible opportunity. They are all idiots.

Exactly. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I agree with both needing to be part of the conversation.  If JB/M tell the kids they could say well, maybe Joe doesn't care and it IS Joe's house.  Old enough to be married and have a kid?  Old enough to set some freaking boundaries.  I recommend keeping the blinds closed and door locked.  Although I just had the Beetlejuice scene pop into my head where Geena Davis or Alec Baldwin open a blind and the agent is peering in.  I can see that happening with Josie or another little.  Not enough $ in the world to live in that set up.

Is it really Joe's house or was the house given to him because he got married. JB thinks he still owns his children even after they get married. He has no manners, and he has taught his children not to have any manners.

Edited by bigskygirl
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Is it really Joe's house or was the house given to him because he got married. JB thinks he still owns his children even after they get married. He has no manners, and he has taught his children not to have any manners.

And was it given to Joe or just loaned like Jill and Derick’s? It was put on JB’s property. Did he subdivide the land and deed it to Joe and Kendra? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

No hits for property owned by Joe in Washington County. However, Joe and Kendra do own a parcel of land in Benton County (where Smuggar lives, just north). There is no street address, so I assume this parcel is unimproved.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
On 8/9/2018 at 3:50 PM, floridamom said:

I think the only one that realizes it is Mechelle.  Remember when she shocked Guinn Seewald that they could be grandparents this time next year when they were planning Benessa's wedding?

• Love 5

They're all one trick ponies. Two year olds have a wider vocabulary than many of the Duggars. Shit, JillR has a wider vocab than the Duggars.

And rather than spew Jesus words, they spew courting, marriage and baby platitudes. They say they live by JOY, Jesus, others, yourself. When really they live by SAD, sex, asshattery, Duggardom.

• Love 22

I just noticed how much Hannie looks like Joy in this episode. I think others may have commented on it before and I never saw it until this episode & they look almost identical, especially when Joy was at the dr and had her hair pulled over to the side, Hannie's was the same way.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Didn't I see in some episode that Joy's mother was pregnant at the same time as Joy?  Or did I just dream that?

Joy’s mother is Michelle, aka “Lady no Red”, aka “fallow fields 4 eva”. 

Edited by kokapetl
On 8/10/2018 at 8:29 PM, Marigold said:

I agree that segment of Jessa explaining why Jana is single was bitchy and very odd.  Total FU to the internet.  

If I were Jana, I would be mortified by that segment. 

• Love 12
On 8/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I also don’t find Pa Caldwell attractive. His look is quite common where I live.  I got the impression Kendra’s parents, or at least her mom, talked to her about waiting a little while to get pregnant.  But again, she was young, healthy, horny, married, and naive about life, so what did they think would happen?  

I don't find him at all swoon-worthy either, especially since I think about his gross beliefs every time I see him.

Speaking of those gross beliefs, he has preached sermons on trusting god with the size of your family. I absolutely do not think her parents talked to her about waiting awhile to get pregnant; I just think they assumed it would maybe take a few months at least to conceive, like it does for a lot of people not using birth control.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, becca3891 said:

I don't find him at all swoon-worthy either, especially since I think about his gross beliefs every time I see him.

Speaking of those gross beliefs, he has preached sermons on trusting god with the size of your family. I absolutely do not think her parents talked to her about waiting awhile to get pregnant; I just think they assumed it would maybe take a few months at least to conceive, like it does for a lot of people not using birth control.

That’s really ignorant and uninformed on their part when you consider that JoKen are young, healthy, fertile as far as anyone knew, and probably going at it like rabbits.  Had they been allowed to watch Teen Mom or Unexpected, they would have known how quick teens can conceive.  If you didn’t want your daughter having a baby at 19, you probably shouldn’t have let her get married at 18.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

That’s really ignorant and uninformed on their part when you consider that JoKen are young, healthy, fertile as far as anyone knew, and probably going at it like rabbits.  Had they been allowed to watch Teen Mom or Unexpected, they would have known how quick teens can conceive.  If you didn’t want your daughter having a baby at 19, you probably shouldn’t have let her get married at 18.  

And considering Kendra was a honeymoon baby......yeah no. I don’t think anyone was actually surprised. 

• Love 8

I  agree with you that no one should be surprised that Kendra and Joe got pregnant so quickly.  They are young, healthy and clearly like each other.  definitely not a plot twist! 

However, as a parent, I'm guessing that (non-Duggar) parents don't like to think about their kids having sex.  Seeing a pregnancy reminds them that their little girl has been banging her brains out.  :)   Since they just got married, Kendra's parents didn't get much time to adjust to Kendra being a married woman who is having sex with her husband. 

My teen sons were a little surprised when I got pregnant last year (ending in a miscarriage).  It took them a few minutes to process that their mother has sex.  ;)

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I  agree with you that no one should be surprised that Kendra and Joe got pregnant so quickly.  They are young, healthy and clearly like each other.  definitely not a plot twist! 

However, as a parent, I'm guessing that (non-Duggar) parents don't like to think about their kids having sex.  Seeing a pregnancy reminds them that their little girl has been banging her brains out.  :)   Since they just got married, Kendra's parents didn't get much time to adjust to Kendra being a married woman who is having sex with her husband. 

My teen sons were a little surprised when I got pregnant last year (ending in a miscarriage).  It took them a few minutes to process that their mother has sex.  ;)

I think that is probably quite true.  My mother conceived her 6th child when she was 40, my dad was 42.  After she told us she was expecting, my 16 year old sister and 15 year old me spent some time discussing how old people like that shouldn't be having sex.  They were lucky one of them didn't have a heart attack!  Must've been the first time in years! 

I think it's pretty tough for most of us to think of our parents or our kids 'doing it'.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

And considering Kendra was a honeymoon baby......yeah no. I don’t think anyone was actually surprised. 

Do you mean Kendra or Kendra's baby?  Kendra's parents got married in January of 1998 and Kendra was born on August 11, 1998.  (Do the math.)  Mrs. Caldwell was 18-years-old when she married.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Do you mean Kendra or Kendra's baby?  Kendra's parents got married in January of 1998 and Kendra was born on August 11, 1998.  (Do the math.)  Mrs. Caldwell was 18-years-old when she married.

Sadly Kendra has probably never done the math. I wonder if she’ll figure it out now that she’s had a full term baby.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, Mollie said:

This was exactly what I thought when the Caldwells were surprised! I was like...why would your daughter having the same experience you had be shocking? Or...maybe not quiiiiiiite the same experience... ?

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Mollie said:

Yeah my older son worked that out when he was around 12 as well...Mr Jyn and I were married January 26 and he was born August 23 of the same year. Weighing over 8 lb.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think that is probably quite true.  My mother conceived her 6th child when she was 40, my dad was 42.  After she told us she was expecting, my 16 year old sister and 15 year old me spent some time discussing how old people like that shouldn't be having sex.  They were lucky one of them didn't have a heart attack!  Must've been the first time in years! 

I think it's pretty tough for most of us to think of our parents or our kids 'doing it'.

Hahahah.  Old people having sex at 40!  Ewwww....gross!   :)

I was 46 with my last pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage.  My teens were a little surprised but they knew I had hoped for another baby so they weren't totally blindsided.  

The Caldwells just couldn't process that Daddy's Little Girl (I don't mean that in a inappropriate way) was doing the nasty with Joe Duggar!  They just had that cutesy little father-daughter wedding moment and she was all the little princess in white.   

Mrs. Caldwell was pregnant at the baby news, wasn't she? 

• Love 4
On 8/20/2018 at 2:21 PM, Mollie said:

On 8/20/2018 at 2:56 PM, Christina87 said:

This was exactly what I thought when the Caldwells were surprised! I was like...why would your daughter having the same experience you had be shocking? Or...maybe not quiiiiiiite the same experience... ?

Yes I’ve done the math, I was just sticking with the “status quo” of Kendra being a honeymoon baby. 

On 8/20/2018 at 2:06 PM, doodlebug said:

That’s pretty funny! I’m childfree, but my goal is to be having as great a sex life as my cousin (49, unmarried and childfree) who’s always got some hot guy. These are GOALS. 

• Love 7

Does anyone know what the fundie history is with Kendra's parents? Yes, I did the math and Kendra was no honeymoon baby. Her mom was 18 discovered she was pregnant, married, and Kendra was born 7 months later. When did they 'turn the new leaf" and go with extreme beliefs?

• Love 2

Her mom might also have married before discovering she was pregnant, and it's also possible Kendra was a few weeks early.  But I suspect the premarital sex/baby might have sent them down the "holier than thou" path, as some sort of penance maybe.  Or a chance to excoriate others for the same behavior that they themselves did, which a lot of people apparently really enjoy doing.

• Love 6