Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Make Room for Baby

• Start Topic

Producer guy sounded kind of pissy when he said, "It's the fear o f needles, dumbass-I mean Joy!"  Dude, calm down!

Edited by flyingdi
Tablet not typing what I'm typing!
  • Love 6

I wanted to know if Jinger got her piano for her anniversary.  I don’t think we’ve seen anything on SM though and I’m pretty sure with how she was talking about the price that she shut that idea down hard.

I also thought the implication was there that Joy had gestational diabetes.  Especially considering that the finger prick seemed more like glucose monitoring vs the test with the sugary drink.

Kendra’s house was cute.  I think her mom knew she was pregnant.  Maybe her sister too.

Joy and Austin are weird.  That’s a weird marriage.  I can’t put my finger on it...

Jeremy and Jinger are never going back to Arkansas.

• Love 20

Oh look, Joy isn't using Dr. Jill and her medical thingies (at least for the checkups, we know she makes an appearance at the labor and delivery).

I did enjoy the Pennsylvania and the piano scenes. Diana has a great charity and Brianna was interesting to watch. Also, Jinger called Diana "Mom." Not sure any of the other Duggars called their in-laws Mom or Dad.

Why does Jessa have to comment on everybody else's lives?

I did LOL at Ben's commenting on "bar stools?" when moving the furniture to the JoKen house. Which, I loved how the nursery turned out. 

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, luvbadtv said:

Also, he notes that she is gluten intolerant then he served her a flour tortilla.  IMO, he is smugger junior.

Jessa also claims to be gluten intolerant. It was probably a Google diagnosis. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

A rail base for that bed would cost about $50 and take a half hour to get situated. 

Preach. My dad said he did not want to take his (old  filthy) mattress when we moved him into assisted living last year.  When he had a hissy fit after we got him there, it took longer to get that movers to come back than it did to go out and buy a  new bed frame. Forty-five minutes and less than$100 and he had his crappy mattress on a new bed frame in his room. Duggars  are dumb.

38 minutes ago, saylubee said:

I wanted to know if Jinger got her piano for her anniversary.  I don’t think we’ve seen anything on SM though and I’m pretty sure with how she was talking about the price that she shut that idea down hard.

I also thought the implication was there that Joy had gestational diabetes.  Especially considering that the finger prick seemed more like glucose monitoring vs the test with the sugary drink.

Kendra’s house was cute.  I think her mom knew she was pregnant.  Maybe her sister too.

Joy and Austin are weird.  That’s a weird marriage.  I can’t put my finger on it...

Jeremy and Jinger are never going back to Arkansas.

Regarding Joy and Austin it's weird every time you see a 65 year old man married to a teenager!

• Love 5

Joy and Austin, Joy and Austin---I think if we lived in the 1800s they'd fit in, but present day? Ehhhh...a mattress on the floor? Not okay. That ugly kitchen island? A splinter waiting to happen. Moving your wife and new baby 2 months post birth? Not cool. I think Joy and Austin sans child would be fine---but children need stability and constantly moving doesn't provide that. 

Joe and Kendra were cute and the nursery looked nice, though it's incredibly small. I thought their house came together well and hopefully his siblings respect their boundaries. Joe's face during the ultrasound was precious. 

Surprising the Vuolo's was cute and Jinger seems more at ease with his family than she does with her own. I also enjoyed getting to see what Diane does.

The recording session? That should have hit the cutting room floor. 

And we were reminded today that there is a Justin...who knew?

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Oh look, Joy isn't using Dr. Jill and her medical thingies (at least for the checkups, we know she makes an appearance at the labor and delivery).

Yeah, Dr. Jill's services don't seem to be in much demand these days, do they?  When Jinger had her baby without Jill's assistance, I put it down to the long distance between them and the fact that Jinger (or at least Jeremy) is smart enough to realize that Jill is completely incompetent. But now, Joy (who seems much more vulnerable to family pressure) isn't using her either. I wonder if this might be because Jill and Derick are no longer part of the show and TLC wasn't about to film Joy's pregnancy/birth with Jill playing a starring role. I think Jill's appearances from now on are going to be very brief and infrequent.

• Love 8

There was some good stuff these episodes so to give credit - Best part was Joe's face during that ultrasound (with a real Doctor!), no acting, no faking just this look of pure amazement and he even started to tear up.  You could just seen the moment that baby went full on "real little person we made together" in his mind.  The kids singing wasn't great but the one who looked around and said "Take what?" when the guy said this was take 1 made me laugh out loud.  And I really like Joe & Kendra's house; it looks well put together and even though it's on the small side the light colors make it look bigger and brighter than it really is

But so much other stuff - Jessa's comments about Jana (guys are intimidated by her, she can do just about anything) seemed to be a direct FU internet moment.  She knows we talk about CinderJana, speculate if no marriage is her idea or if her parents don't want to let go of their helper. 

Joy and Austin - ack - First how are they still working on that house with Joy nine months along when Joe and Kendra got their house together before she was even showing her pregnancy?  Joe said he did a lot of the work alone but his family helped to so where are the 18 siblings Kendra talked about helping pull things together?  Do they not help outside the compound or is Austin to smug and independent to ask them?  I mean the difference is he's going to flip this house so maybe he doesn't want them helping out on something where he's going to profit later; it is his business after all.  But that just brings the second question and concern - what sort of half-assed living plan do they have anyway?  We're going to move frequently and live in the houses we're flipping?  We're going to move, or at least market the house, two months after the baby is born?  Then they're going to live in another flip house?  So Joy is just expected to pack up not only herself but all the baby items then manage the baby who will eventually crawl and start to walk in a house that looks like their house last night - bare floors, half finished electric with extension cords.  Then figure out how to manage the baby and a renovation which wouldn't be so bad if it were your house and you were doing it once but then when it's all done and she can relax - pack up we're moving to another flip house and doing it again.  Austin can't be that dumb - or maybe he can.  At some point one of the houses has to not be flipped and become home.  

The other weird thing was a throwaway line right after the midwife appointment - saying they have to change their diets and no more chicken tenders but then that it's hard to eat right because they're "On the road so much" - where? why?  Are they flipping houses and living in a reno and working hard or are they crisscrossing the country  in the Duggar bus?  He also lists his occupation as pilot and assistant camp director (again so how/why do they travel so much?)  They just seem to be a weird couple with an odd all around lifestyle/living arrangement.

Josiah should take cooking classes or stay far, far away from the kitchen - but I said before I think I like Lauren and she came out on top again last night, the guac was not good and she had no trouble telling him and teasing about it - no breathy whispering voices and simpering for her, I hope she doesn't change!

• Love 24
9 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Also, he notes that she is gluten intolerant then he served her a flour tortilla.  IMO, he is smugger junior.

At least he smelled it first to make sure it was “still OK”. ?? I just hope whoever ate it originally didn’t have a cold or any other communicable disease.

• Love 3

I thought Joe and Kendra’s home looked like a fairly spread out ranch after the  addition. The master bedroom was large. Joe commented on maybe having enough children to fill All the bedrooms. There were two porches. 

Austin reminds me of several families I knew that did buy, renovate, live in, and sell one house after the other. Each time moving up in value and size.   It’s actually a fairly common thing for men with carpentry skills to do. It’s just that these two are living like campers while they are doing it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, woot said:

I thought the exact same thing - her parents did not seem as excited as you'd expect for first time grandparents - perhaps they also didn't appreciate being told with the entire Duggar crew in tow. 

I agree with poster who said Kendra's mom & maybe sister knew ahead of time especially if she was having morning/evening sickness.  Like we've said before, it's amazing these kidults don't realize that Doing the Sham Bam a million times w/o birth control on your honeymoon may result in a pregnancy. Clueless.

10 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Wow. Take note Duggar animals. Jeremy's family served a nice simple meal on REAL dishes, FRESH food, and no one licked the counters or the plates. That's how mealtimes are done.

Oh, that breakfast table was set so nicely including the glass/crystal water glasses & fancier china.   I dont think we've  ever seen a table set like that at  Duggarland. Junger did seem at ease with elder Vuolos & Mom Vuolo seemed genuinely proud when she introduced Jeremy & Jinger.  

I fell asleep during the JoyAustin part. It sounds snarkworthy enough to rewatch.

BTW: My 19 yr old niece will be hiking through France next month with friends.  This is what 19 yr olds should be doing not marrying, going on honeymoons and having babies. 

• Love 12

Man I hate to give any of these ass clowns compliments, but Jinger is a damn good pianist to my unprofessional ears.  It really is a damn shame all her artistic talent has been squandered on fundie cult BS.  Hopefully she won’t do the same to Felicity.  

I thought Jessa’s compliments to JOKens’s house were sincere for a change.  I’m bored about 10 minutes in though.  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Joy lives on chicken tenders. What a shock. 

Have we seen Joedra’s log cabin before? I didn’t need to see This Old House level of detail, but it would have been interesting to see something before it was 99% done and Duggarized.  

I now know why every piano I’ve seen is a black upright Yamaha.

Famy returns from the wilderness, and she’s brought her mother with her. 

“I just have a happy heart because of Jeeezassss!” With Josie singing The Star-Spangled Banner as the B-side. No thanks.  

Children eat ice cream ? ?. Yawn.   

And this is harsh and political, but American ?? children ?????? Of jailbird?? parents ????don’t need music ? ?? lessons, they need America ?? to stop ? imprisoning ⚖️? people at a rate that’s like 5 times the rate of the rest of the developed world. Becoming twentieth runner up on American Idol won’t help that girl. 

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THANK YOU! I've been kind of scolding myself for being judge-y about what's superficially a nice gesture but holy shit, I can't think of anything more useless, even without the religious component of this bullshit.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, saylubee said:

I know what you mean! Something about them is so...off, I just can't articulate what exactly it is. Maybe Austin irks me because he doesn't seem to give any thought to Joy's needs and comfort. Sure he plays lip service to "I can't stand seeing my wife in pain" but then turns around and tells Joy they're moving two months after she gives birth, right after she says four.

As for the rest, I only made it through the first hour before I couldn't take anymore, so I'll have to watch the last half today. But I thought there were some nice moments. Joe and Kendra's house is adorable. I absolutely adore log homes and I thought they did a great job making the interior look light and bright. 

I'm starting to like Lauren, but I don't like Si and Lauren as a couple, if that makes any sense. It's good to see she has a personality and has no problem speaking her mind, but they just don't click for me yet. 

I thought Jessa came off well this episode. She's either become a really good actress or she genuinely enjoyed decorating the cabin. Usually she has a permanent stank-face whenever she's forced to do something nice for others. Bin's "barstools?!" comment was really funny.

• Love 6

I was appalled at what Joy called a baby moon......let's hope it gets better than her dimwit of a husband pushing her 9 month pregnant self across an icy pond in a flat bottom boat, they are really a bunch of hillbilly hicks.

Edited by Whyyouneedaname
  • Love 21
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

There was some good stuff these episodes so to give credit - Best part was Joe's face during that ultrasound (with a real Doctor!), no acting, no faking just this look of pure amazement and he even started to tear up.  You could just seen the moment that baby went full on "real little person we made together" in his mind.  The kids singing wasn't great but the one who looked around and said "Take what?" when the guy said this was take 1 made me laugh out loud.  And I really like Joe & Kendra's house; it looks well put together and even though it's on the small side the light colors make it look bigger and brighter than it really is

But so much other stuff - Jessa's comments about Jana (guys are intimidated by her, she can do just about anything) seemed to be a direct FU internet moment.  She knows we talk about CinderJana, speculate if no marriage is her idea or if her parents don't want to let go of their helper. 

Joy and Austin - ack - First how are they still working on that house with Joy nine months along when Joe and Kendra got their house together before she was even showing her pregnancy?  Joe said he did a lot of the work alone but his family helped to so where are the 18 siblings Kendra talked about helping pull things together?  Do they not help outside the compound or is Austin to smug and independent to ask them?  I mean the difference is he's going to flip this house so maybe he doesn't want them helping out on something where he's going to profit later; it is his business after all.  But that just brings the second question and concern - what sort of half-assed living plan do they have anyway?  We're going to move frequently and live in the houses we're flipping?  We're going to move, or at least market the house, two months after the baby is born?  Then they're going to live in another flip house?  So Joy is just expected to pack up not only herself but all the baby items then manage the baby who will eventually crawl and start to walk in a house that looks like their house last night - bare floors, half finished electric with extension cords.  Then figure out how to manage the baby and a renovation which wouldn't be so bad if it were your house and you were doing it once but then when it's all done and she can relax - pack up we're moving to another flip house and doing it again.  Austin can't be that dumb - or maybe he can.  At some point one of the houses has to not be flipped and become home.  

The other weird thing was a throwaway line right after the midwife appointment - saying they have to change their diets and no more chicken tenders but then that it's hard to eat right because they're "On the road so much" - where? why?  Are they flipping houses and living in a reno and working hard or are they crisscrossing the country  in the Duggar bus?  He also lists his occupation as pilot and assistant camp director (again so how/why do they travel so much?)  They just seem to be a weird couple with an odd all around lifestyle/living arrangement.

Josiah should take cooking classes or stay far, far away from the kitchen - but I said before I think I like Lauren and she came out on top again last night, the guac was not good and she had no trouble telling him and teasing about it - no breathy whispering voices and simpering for her, I hope she doesn't change!

I agree with all that you said. But the bolded part really seems like they were really trying to do a lot in the episode. Look see we do go to real doctors! Joy was tested for glucose. Kendra and Joe went to a real doctor too! See we don't really avoid prenatal care all nine months and completely winging it when one of us goes into labor. Oh, look a comment about Jana. She's only single because she intimidates men. That's it. That's the only reason. Right we completely believe it.  

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 7

Joy isn't a girly girl like her sisters and sister in laws, she's always gravitated to the boys and what they did...

Austoon wanted a construction worker/wife who will live from flip house to flip house not unlike Jeff Lewis and Gage but Hillbilly style...

Joy doesn't mind being a partner in the family business because her husband needs her cheap labor....he needs her....and that is good enough for her.

Keeping his trailer bunk warm is a bonus.

Did you catch the stunt salad she brought out for the camera...am sure it went back into the fridge....

I FF much of the show....gah...my ears are bleeding....

Jinge with her in laws and having a pleasant meal on plates with cutlery, it must be so odd  for Jinge to not to have to shout at meals, fend off others from grabbing her plate as she gobbles down her food with out chewing...

As odious as Jer can be...Jinge really has thrived with the Vs. and her quiet ways fit in with them.

She is still getting to know them and she acts sheepish at times but that's part of her charm...

• Love 16

Did Si say “one night shack” or “one night shag” when talking about the differences between dating and courtship?

ETA: I’m glad the midwife told Joy her diet needed to improve.  That’s been a long time coming for the entire family, and Joy is really too young to be having issues related to her diet.  She needs to take better care of herself. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Did Si say “one night shack” or “one night shag” when talking about the differences between dating and courtship?

ETA: I’m glad the midwife told Joy her diet needed to improve.  That’s been a long time coming for the entire family, and Joy is really too young to be having issues related to her diet.  She needs to take better care of herself. 

I was wondering that too.  Either way its much too worldly for our Josiah!

• Love 6

So let me get this straight... because Joy and Austin “travel a lot” they live off chicken tenders?  I call bullshit!  First of all, I’ll reiterate an earlier comment to get a lunch bag and bring healthy snacks and sandwiches. Second, it’s called a crock pot dumbasses, use one. Dinner would be ready every night, and it helps you avoud fried foods. There are healthy crock pot recipes, and it’s a good way to get some veggies in stews and soups. Even Giddyup could eat some eventually.  My roofers brought thier own cooler and microwave and never left the job site when changing my roof.  Beans, tortillas and rice right on the patio.  Lastly, Austin is a self-centered jerk for not doing better.  By now, he has to know his wife is dense, and he’s the headship.  He should be encouraging and supporting her to make better food choices, even if it goes as far as dictating the grocery list. I travel for work so get eating on the go, but CFA does serve salads.  What about Subway or Firehouse Subs?  And if you’re not going to eat a ton of veggies, at least lay off deep fried foods, and add a few grains in the mix.  

I hope someone has the sense to introduce Giddyup to veggies at a young age so he develops a taste for at least a few varieties.  I know getting kids to eat veggies can be tricky, but Jim Boob and Clown Car really did their children a disservice.  

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I agree. Pregnant or not pregnant, her diet shouldn't consist of soda and chicken tenders. I remember Jessa saying she put on 40 pounds with Spurge, and she didn't really look all that big, so I can only imagine what Joy gained. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I was wondering that too.  Either way its much too worldly for our Josiah!

Boy, shagging (or shacking), cougars, Nike clothes and bar stools! I feel defrauded! 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

A rail base for that bed would cost about $50 and take a half hour to get situated.  These two remind me of broke couples moving into their  first apartment in the 70s when it was all the rage to let everyone know how broke you were. They just need beads in the doorway and a water bed. 

They make these things called tweezers for splinters... that knife looked huge. 

That was Mr. Xword and me.  70's decor was kind of fun, and also ugly, like the fashion!  We had the brick and board bookshelves, too.  No water bed, but we did have a mattress and box spring on the floor for awhile, too.

• Love 1

The Duggs were smart to keep their pie holes shut about Kendrab's decision to use her mother's OB at the office she has been with her mother.

Double middle fingers to them by choosing and using a male physician....Kendrab will not be cowed by group pressure...

Kendra's body... her choice....

She trusts who her mother used for the last 3 deliveries...what a novel idea for the stupid Duggs.

Behind Kendrab's back...Jessa's and Jilly's eye rolling dissing Kendrab's choice to use the  professionally staffed, up to date diagnostic equipment to make delivery safe for the mother and baby....

So arrogant in their ignorance.....it's all fun and games until you need to be transported by ambulance for an emergency for the mother or newborn....

Kendrab, Abbie are common sense women who need to take over the show....

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

So let me get this straight... because Joy and Austin “travel a lot” they live off chicken tenders?  I call bullshit!  First of all, I’ll reiterate an earlier comment to get a lunch bag and bring healthy snacks and sandwiches. Second, it’s called a crock pot dumbasses, use one. Dinner would be ready every night, and it helps you avoud fried foods. There are healthy crock pot recipes, and it’s a good way to get some veggies in stews and soups. Even Giddyup could eat some eventually.  My roofers brought thier own cooler and microwave and never left the job site when changing my roof.  Beans, tortillas and rice right on the patio.  Lastly, Austin is a self-centered jerk for not doing better.  By now, he has to know his wife is dense, and he’s the headship.  He should be encouraging and supporting her to make better food choices, even if it goes as far as dictating the grocery list. I travel for work so get eating on the go, but CFA does serve salads.  What about Subway or Firehouse Subs?  And if you’re not going to eat a ton of veggies, at least lay off deep fried foods, and add a few grains in the mix.  

I hope someone has the sense to introduce Giddyup to veggies at a young age so he develops a taste for at least a few varieties.  I know getting kids to eat veggies can be tricky, but Jim Boob and Clown Car really did their children a disservice.  

Look, after seeing Austin row her out in the middle of an ice-covered lake in a barely ready-for-water John boat, I think he's secretly trying to kill her. Here honey, eat some more chicken tenders with some mac and cheese, I added more salt to them. Eat up...

• Love 19
12 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

No offence to Austin, but was that kitchen island made from discarded wood pallets? Joy can look forward to endless slivers once that is installed in her kitchen.

Giddyup will have many slivers from that alone.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

A rail base for that bed would cost about $50 and take a half hour to get situated.  These two remind me of broke couples moving into their  first apartment in the 70s when it was all the rage to let everyone know how broke you were. They just need beads in the doorway and a water bed. 

They make these things called tweezers for splinters... that knife looked huge. 

Or a swinger.  The house my family moved into when I was 3 had been a bachelor pad A frame and I shared a room with my 2 older sisters.  It had foil naked lady wallpaper in our 1 bathroom, hot pink/orange/gold shag carpet (that one had to rake), and same color hanging beads in several places.  The appliances were avocado.  The 70's threw up all over this house and it stayed that way for several years until they could afford to remodel.

If I had been pregnant and Mr. Natalie wanted me to sleep on the floor I would have gut punched him nightly.  Joy looks so unkempt from the pics I see of her.  Maybe she suffers from depression.  It is depressing having your life decided for you before you could walk.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I heard “one night shag”. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Or a swinger.  The house my family moved into when I was 3 had been a bachelor pad A frame and I shared a room with my 2 older sisters.  It had foil naked lady wallpaper in our 1 bathroom, hot pink/orange/gold shag carpet (that one had to rake), and same color hanging beads in several places.  The appliances were avocado.  The 70's threw up all over this house and it stayed that way for several years until they could afford to remodel.

If I had been pregnant and Mr. Natalie wanted me to sleep on the floor I would have gut punched him nightly.  Joy looks so unkempt from the pics I see of her.  Maybe she suffers from depression.  It is depressing having your life decided for you before you could walk.

I don't think she is depressed, I think she just doesn't care. She has never been girly. Even her decision to wear dresses because Austin likes them seems to be falling by the wayside. 

• Love 3

Joy and Austoon see what  sucking on TLC's teat has done to her family especially the sons in laws and want to make their own way even though they have to live in squalor...

Austoon is arrogant but he is a hard worker who hasn't succumbed to the easy TV money YET.

He makes me less mad than the other sons in law...so far...

Hopefully he is smart enough to have the TLC checks made out him and Joy....

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Look, after seeing Austin row her out in the middle of an ice-covered lake in a barely ready-for-water John boat, I think he's secretly trying to kill her. Here honey, eat some more chicken tenders with some mac and cheese, I added more salt to them. Eat up...

Oh no!  Just having "A Place In The Sun" moment where Montgomery Cliff takes Shelley Winters out in that rowboat to do the deed....

Just now, Aunt Catfish said:

Oh no!  Just having "A Place In The Sun" moment where Montgomery Clift takes Shelley Winters out in that rowboat to do the deed....

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Oh no!  Just having "A Place In The Sun" moment where Montgomery Cliff takes Shelley Winters out in that rowboat to do the deed....

Yes!

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

What gets me is they feel their purpose in life is to breed an army for god.  They cannot even do that in the best way possible for said army!  IF your job is to birth as many babies as possible, the least you can do is eat right.  They are not poor and have no other options.  Then I remember they are 19 and however old nostrils is so yes, they eat like college kids.  Have they shown ramen yet?  FFS.  Quit half assing it Duggars and spawn of Duggars!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

They are not poor and have no other options.  Then I remember they are 19 and however old nostrils is so yes, they eat like college kids.  Have they shown ramen yet?  FFS. 

This is a large part of the problem, although equally large is the fact that the meals at the TTH are substandard at best. Austin has probably been living in the houses he's fixing up since he was 18, eating whatever he could nuke in the microwave. Joy has never been taught how to meal plan nutritious food, so chicken tenders and pop is fine with her. 

All these girls are a major failure at being the helpmeets they were supposedly raised to be. I'm pretty sure the only reason Jinger's meals are balanced is that she actually married an adult who was capable of taking care of himself and he has been teaching her how to shop and cook.

• Love 14

Jer comes from a family that healthy food was served at mealtimes.

As an athlete, meals and diet were as important part of his fitness.

It makes sense that he expects that he and Jinge will eat healthy.

He must still be horrified watching the full quorum of Duggs feeding at the trough.....

• Love 23
20 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Was anyone else shocked Jinge could read music and play?

Just thought she memorized religious tunes with no sight reading ability...color me pleasantly surprised....

I was surprised just how well she can play. I had piano lessons for years and don't even come close. She has an ear and an eye for it. 

23 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

What gets me is they feel their purpose in life is to breed an army for god.  They cannot even do that in the best way possible for said army!  IF your job is to birth as many babies as possible, the least you can do is eat right.  They are not poor and have no other options.  Then I remember they are 19 and however old nostrils is so yes, they eat like college kids.  Have they shown ramen yet?  FFS.  Quit half assing it Duggars and spawn of Duggars!

They are college aged kids and Austin doesn't cook and Joy was never taught about healthy foods. Though my son ate better in college, he learned to cook and ate Thai take out a lot (plenty of veggies) 

7 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jer comes from a family that healthy food was served at mealtimes.

As an athlete, meals and diet were as important part of his fitness.

It makes sense that he expects that he and Jinge will eat healthy.

He must still be horrified watching the full quorum of Duggs feeding at the trough.....

I am sure Jinger wouldn't make that enchilada mess that Jill posted! And I cant' see Jeremy eating it willingly.  I imagine their frig stocked with healthy fruits and veg. And if Jinger couldn't cook it, Jeremy would  get her cookbooks. Or have her take classes..... heck they might even do something like HelloFresh. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5

The contrast between Joy’s life and Jinger’s was quite jarring.  One was shown dining on fine china and attending a gala.  The other practically sleeps on the floor, walks among nails while wearing sandals, gets splinters (taken out by a huge knife) and lives on chicken nuggets.  Six years ago, I don’t think anyone would have predicted that Jinger would marry an arguably handsome “preacher” and have such a seemingly good and comfortable life.  I would have bet good money on this being the fate of Princess Erin Bates and “hot” Duggar girl, Jessa.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Joy's "babymoon" reminded me of a lifetime movie with the words "gone missing" in the title.

THIS!!!!!!!  I was expecting dramatic music and a final closeup on Austin's evil smile.  Ever see the film "A Place in the Sun"?  Montgomery Clift takes his pregnant girlfriend out on a rowboat and drowns her........

Austin is a controlling dude.  He is quite disengaged from his wife--He kept saying "Mum and baby" in a medical-third-party way instead of "Joy and the baby" in a loving-husband way.

• Love 3

Who can forget the shopping trip to the grocery store near their first apartment when Babe and Babe bought the 10 pound brick of cheese....am sure that brick made  the move to their house...or maybe Jinge conveniently tossed it out.....stunt cheese bought for the show....

• Love 3
17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Good grief, this is another two-hour show. I don't want to drink as much as I'd have to to be able to tolerate it in one sitting.

I thought the same thing - TWO HOURS!!!  Glad I taped it.  I made it through the first hour in record time - about 15 minutes.  I haven't even watched the 2nd hour yet, and don't even know if I'll waste my time.  However, I do enjoy Jinger and Jeremy (my favorite Duggar couple).  Jinger is so real compared to the other stepford wives.  I love the interaction between her and Jeremy.  It's not forced.  They really seem to be having fun together.  When Jeremy asked the salesman to show him where the most expensive piano players were so we wouldn't wander in that direction, I had to chuckle.  So cute.

I think what's really putting me off is knowing that both Kendra, Joy and maybe even Jinger have already had their babies, so we we know these episodes are months old.  I guess they can't really capture their lives in real time, but still...

• Love 6