Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds In The Media: Media Liaison

• Start Topic

Yeah, hubby and I just saw that. God, can this year suck any more? Of course, every time i ask that question, something else happens, so maybe i should go back to being quiet, relatively speaking.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, normasm said:

Yeah, hubby and I just saw that. God, can this year suck any more? Of course, every time i ask that question, something else happens, so maybe i should go back to being quiet.

I just want to wrap my favorite, Bill Moyers, in bubble wrap.

On-topic: Anti-terrorist Squad with Prentiss, Alvez, Rossi and JJ as its members is such a journalistic mistake Stevie Wonder could see it. 

Edited by Bookish Jen
4 hours ago, normasm said:

"...the newly created Anti-terrorist Squad with Prentiss, Alvez, Rossi and JJ as its members..." The wha? As far as I know, there is no such thing. The Anti-Terror Squad was that group of bullied kids in last weeks episode, not some new faction of the BAU. This article is at least click-bait, probably more like the ramblings of a group of ill-informed morons.

Ooops

10 minutes ago, normasm said:

Bubblewrap the Notorious RBG, too, please. But leave room for her to breathe. OK, we'll get back on topic.

And Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

On-topic: I wonder what BS is leaking from the CM set or are these so-called "journalists" just pulling BS out of thin air?

Edited by Bookish Jen

To be honest, were I able to have more confidence in this show runner and her writers I would not mind admitting that I do find his role a bit interesting. And just what do they mean by recurring. Is it going to be the same as A.T. who was also only suppose to be recurring when she first started but still ended up in almost every damn episode.

• Love 1

thanks for the post

they need good writers, no more actors. I don't understand some "tv shows" logic

At least the idea is different, but my educated guess is that it will be poorly developed, as always

• Love 3

Sounds kinda cool. I always like when they would try to consult with the criminals (I imagine that's where they might go with this?). Didn't always work, like that crazy kid of Maggie Walsh's, or Chester Hardwick... but they got a lot of info out of the Fox sicko.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Franky said:

That's okay, Jen. Either I was in the bathroom or that was one of the awards they didn't televise. You didn't miss anything, as far as I know. I'm just so happy for them!

Thanks for letting me know. I would have been pissed not to see the CM cast accept the award. BTW the Frontline episode was riveting.

That site takes news that's already out there, breaks it up and tries to make it seem like a new article. Those are all quotes from Erica's interview with TVGuide/TVLine and they added their own commentary, which is fine, but they always try to make it seem like new material, when it isn't. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Franky said:

That site takes news that's already out there, breaks it up and tries to make it seem like a new article. Those are all quotes from Erica's interview with TVGuide/TVLine and they added their own commentary, which is fine, but they always try to make it seem like new material, when it isn't. 

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy or that maybe she just really stuck to her talking points, because I could have sworn I'd read at least some of those comments before.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, normasm said:

Well, that's interesting. I wonder if Reid will be there?

Yeah, not celebrating until that's assured.  I've seen an article that said they were all 'expected' back.  But that's a different word.

• Love 3

Well, yes, I'm glad for everyone who works so hard on that show. If Reid does not come back, it won't mean much to me, but yes, happy for the show!

25 minutes ago, JMO said:

Yeah, not celebrating until that's assured.  I've seen an article that said they were all 'expected' back.  But that's a different word.

Matthew probably has some leverage i would think, which he may use either as a raise for a full season, or a recurring role for Reid, and some directing stints.

• Love 4

I would actually be intrigued by this prospect if there was an overhaul to the showrunner and writers. But since that is probably not happening, I'm going to assume that season 13 will be pretty much in line with season 12 (i.e. not good).

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

I would actually be intrigued by this prospect if there was an overhaul to the showrunner and writers. But since that is probably not happening, I'm going to assume that season 13 will be pretty much in line with season 12 (i.e. not good).

Unless they start making changes, it's going to stay the same. Nothing will change. They're just milking it so they can get to 300 episodes. It's all about money. 

1 hour ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Unless they start making changes, it's going to stay the same. Nothing will change. They're just milking it so they can get to 300 episodes. It's all about money. 

Everything about television is about the money.

• Love 2

I'm hopeful season 13 will be better as long as there isn't any drama/shake-ups during hiatus.  The writers should have more time to get organized and review feedback before getting started.  I can't say it'll be as good as older seasons, but better than 12. 

I don't blame the writers completely for season 12 because they were faced with a very difficult situation and little time to work around it.

29 minutes ago, R3volver said:

I'm hopeful season 13 will be better as long as there isn't any drama/shake-ups during hiatus.  The writers should have more time to get organized and review feedback before getting started.  I can't say it'll be as good as older seasons, but better than 12. 

I don't blame the writers completely for season 12 because they were faced with a very difficult situation and little time to work around it.

Except the layout for a season is done way before they start filming, and more than likely at least the 1st 5/6 maybe more scripts are ready to go.  Sure, there were some rewrites, but really only in Ep 6, and at that it was minimal.  I mean, its not like an actual important character was being written out or anything....lol.  Messer herself said that the idea for the Reid arc was touted way back.  Rodriguez was on board, Lewis was on board, and Walker has been pretty much given some of Hotch's lines and the rest to Prentiss.  Rewrites happen all the time.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, PMPA said:

Except the layout for a season is done way before they start filming, and more than likely at least the 1st 5/6 maybe more scripts are ready to go.  Sure, there were some rewrites, but really only in Ep 6, and at that it was minimal.  I mean, its not like an actual important character was being written out or anything....lol.  Messer herself said that the idea for the Reid arc was touted way back.  Rodriguez was on board, Lewis was on board, and Walker has been pretty much given some of Hotch's lines and the rest to Prentiss.  Rewrites happen all the time.  

That doesn't make it easy to do in a short amount of time. I'm aware Reid's arc was planned, but I'm sure it's not far off to say things might have gone differently.  The dynamic has changed so the writing needs to adjust to that.

54 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

*shrug* I've enjoyed season 12.

I've liked most of the episodes too.

Edited by R3volver
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, R3volver said:

That doesn't make it easy to do in a short amount of time. I'm aware Reid's arc was planned, but I'm sure it's not far off to say things might have gone differently.  The dynamic has changed so the writing needs to adjust to that.

I've liked most of the episodes too.

No doubt that certain things had to be changed and it goes without saying that the dynamic changed, but I just feel that the writers are been given an out the don't deserve.  Lets face it, writing as a weakness on CM is not confined to this season.  Its been an issue for the last few seasons.  Its just that the 'new' characters just make the poor writing stand out more IMO. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, PMPA said:

No doubt that certain things had to be changed and it goes without saying that the dynamic changed, but I just feel that the writers are been given an out the don't deserve.  Lets face it, writing as a weakness on CM is not confined to this season.  Its been an issue for the last few seasons.  Its just that the 'new' characters just make the poor writing stand out more IMO. 

I'm not really giving them an out, I'm just saying it's not an easy situation to deal with.  While I don't think the writing has been nearly as good as the early seasons, I personally don't feel they're terrible. The way I see it is that if fanfiction writers and roleplayers can work up interesting storylines, then the show's writers should be able to.  They just need to pay attention to the constructive criticism.

• Love 3
Just now, R3volver said:

I'm not really giving them an out, I'm just saying it's not an easy situation to deal with.  While I don't think the writing has been nearly as good as the early seasons, I personally don't feel they're terrible. The way I see it is that if fanfiction writers and roleplayers can work up interesting storylines, then the show's writers should be able to.  They just need to pay attention to the constructive criticism.

Yes I agree with the "constructive criticism" part.  Thing is, that has definitely not been a thing over the seasons.  Breen Frazier left twitter years ago, Rick Dunkle was on and off and having tantrums anytime anyone so much as dared show a dislike for his work, and as for Mr. Williams...well, thats a whole bigger picture.  A legend in his own world and known to take critisim with a high degree of professionlism.....NOT. LOL

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, R3volver said:

I've read fan fiction and role play better than the stuff they're churning out.

• Love 1

Some criticize the writing as always terrible, yet they come back week after week after week after year after year to say that exact thing. I don't understand that, but maybe I'm not meant to.

I'm just ecstatic there's a THIRTEENTH SEASON, and I believe it's well-earned. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ReidFan said:

*shrug* I've enjoyed season 12.

So have I !!

In fact I am still enjoying it, although the word "enjoy" doesn't seem appropriate , with Reid suffering week after week!!But his performances are so good. 

And now we have to wait for three weeks!! (Well, for 18 days now)

• Love 3