Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds In The Media: Media Liaison

• Start Topic

I was surprised that Variety had not done any sort of follow up to the 'exclusive' they had last year regarding the serial sex offender allowed to roam the set for multiple seasons. It did seem to 'go away', after it appeared that StJohns was no longer involved. I had this confirmed by associates who work in the business in LA (not CM, but people, especially crew people talk). Got to be honest, I'm pretty sickened by how they seem to have been allowed to continue to brush this under the carpet, to continue the cover up so to speak (my contacts tell me the matter is very definitely not closed). Quite frankly it has completely soured my already sour taste that I had for the show.  Its disapointing also that 'fans' were not as vocal about this matter as they have been on others.  

I work in the media and have sadly noticed that coverage and reaction to such events if the victims are male, seems to garner less outrage. The fact that the perp in this case was not in the public eye, does not minimise the seriousness of the matter. We either call out ALL perps or none. CM really dropped the ball on this one.

• Love 5

Always good to see her pop up :). Maybe her visit will have something to do with whatever fallout comes from that confession JJ shares with Reid in this week's finale? I also hope that her visit will allow us to finally learn just where the heck she's been these past couple seasons after everything with Reid's time in prison :p. 

(Also, dang, I didn't realize this final appearance will mark nine times she's been on here over the years. Nice.)

• Love 1
On 04/02/2019 at 4:43 PM, illdoc said:

See ? What did I say ? Less lucky than me, that doesn't exist. I swear...

Oh well, at least I got a heads up, and I'm very grateful for that. Season 15 hasn't even begun yet and I can already start making a list of the episodes I don't even wanna know anything about and which I will purposely miss. That  is the true beauty of the internet, baby, Lol. That precious time will be saved to do my laundry (a task that sounds so exciting all of a sudden) while imagining what it would be like to have Hotch, Rossi and a not dead Gideon on screen all three at once working on a case together. Definitely, infinitely more exciting than the perspective of watching some stupid "Reid's mamma" show. 

Life lesson :  When facing an unpleasant situation, ALWAYS try to look at the bright side if there is one. It helps.

images-24.jpeg

Edited by SSA Emily Prentiss
  • Love 3

From TV Line's Ask Ausiello: Question: As filming is underway for Criminal Minds‘ final season, are there any juicy details or blasts from the past scoop? —CatPatrick
Ausiello: Word on the street (the street being Hollywood Blvd., of course) is that Matthew Gray Gubler’s Dr. Reid will be getting a fairly significant love interest during the 10-episode swan song (which should be welcome news to those in the anti-Reid/JJ brigade).

2 minutes ago, illdoc said:

From TV Line's Ask Ausiello: Question: As filming is underway for Criminal Minds‘ final season, are there any juicy details or blasts from the past scoop? —CatPatrick
Ausiello: Word on the street (the street being Hollywood Blvd., of course) is that Matthew Gray Gubler’s Dr. Reid will be getting a fairly significant love interest during the 10-episode swan song (which should be welcome news to those in the anti-Reid/JJ brigade).

Also posted it!

• Love 1
On 2/4/2019 at 10:45 PM, SSA Emily Prentiss said:

See ? What did I say ? Less lucky than me, that doesn't exist. I swear...

Oh well, at least I got a heads up, and I'm very grateful for that. Season 15 hasn't even begun yet and I can already start making a list of the episodes I don't even wanna know anything about and which I will purposely miss. That  is the true beauty of the internet, baby, Lol. That precious time will be saved to do my laundry (a task that sounds so exciting all of a sudden) while imagining what it would be like to have Hotch, Rossi and a not dead Gideon on screen all three at once working on a case together. Definitely, infinitely more exciting than the perspective of watching some stupid "Reid's mamma" show. 

Life lesson :  When facing an unpleasant situation, ALWAYS try to look at the bright side if there is one. It helps.

images-24.jpeg

Yay, Hotch! The real BAU Unit Chief. 

• Love 1

I am curious and open minded how all of this will unfold, though I hope this character's quirkiness is not as irksome and eye rolling as Penelope's. I want a character that feel "real" and not like some Manic Pixie Dream Girl (which I find gag inducing when it comes to quirkiness).

Now that the show has FINALLY revisited Spencer's love life after seven years, I wonder what was the entire purpose of the JJ love confession boondoggle? I know Erica said it will all be addressed, and I hope the answer is a satisfactory one to justify some potential character retcon.

Just now, ForeverAlone said:

I am curious and open minded how all of this will unfold, though I hope this character's quirkiness is not as irksome and eye rolling as Penelope's. I want a character that feel "real" and not like some Manic Pixie Dream Girl (which I find gag inducing when it comes to quirkiness).

Now that the show has FINALLY revisited Spencer's love life after seven years, I wonder what was the entire purpose of the JJ love confession boondoggle? I know Erica said it will all be addressed, and I hope the answer is a satisfactory one to justify some potential character retcon.

I see JJ and Reid as just good friends/siblings; never more than that.

Ironically enough, I drafted a bunch of CM fanfiction stories with someone named Max for Reid.

3 hours ago, Lebanna said:

Cook v. Cook face-off.

Heh, I thought about that, too. 

3 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

Well, as some have theorized, it could be a situation where JJ's in a place, when the new season begins, where she feels ready to explore these feelings towards Reid...only to find out he's now seeing somebody else. 

Even if that's not the route they go, though, I've also thought that maybe one reason they addressed this history between Reid and JJ now was to kinda bring things full circle with their history together? Compare/contrast their feelings towards each other now to how they were way back in the first season, and why they kept those feelings at bay/didn't confess to (or act on) them any sooner, and things of that sort. 

Anywho, as for the casting itself, I do like Rachel Leigh Cook, so I'm intrigued to see how she'll be with Reid. She's played a couple bookish, quiet, thoughtful characters in the things I've seen her in, so it'd be rather fitting if she plays a character like that here, too. 

The article says we'll see her for "at least" two episodes, though-while that obviously implies she could wind up being in more, even so, a small handful of episodes doesn't exactly fit the "fairly significant" description we saw last week in regards to the talk of him getting a new love interest. Unless they mean she'll be significant in some way other than being the woman he settles down with, that is. 

Who knows. But yeah, I am curious to see what comes of this, no matter what route it takes. 

There goes my preferred ending for Reid- where his final scene ends just as he meets her for the first time.

Oh well. Rachael Leigh Cook is a pretty good actress to be paired up with, so I think this could work out well. I may even get as close as I can to my other preferred Reid coupling, him and Zoe Hawkes (still gone too soon).

• Love 2

I thought Luke Perry really showed his talent in "Minimal Loss", and he was one of the better parts of the original 90210 (yeah, I watched it...). He will be missed, and gone WAY too soon at 52.

• Love 2
(edited)

Paget Brewster explains the surprising drama behind the creation of Corn Flakes on Comedy Central's Drunk History featuring Owen and Luke Wilson as the Kellogg Brothers:

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 4

So......  you up for even more CM, potentially?

Criminal Minds - Revival In Development at Paramount+

Me?  Depends which of the legacy characters - and their backstory - are willing to come back, if this project ends up going anywhere.  I might, and I stress might, check it out. 

However, if its revealed that the revival project will have the same showrunner and writers as the last few seasons of the original run, though, I could end up just deciding on a 'hard pass' from the onset.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

I think it's kind of weird to bring back a show that's only been off the air for a year-I loved it, of course, and miss it, but I think if you're going to revive/reboot a series, it's best to do so after a more significant amount of time has passed. And I don't know how a long-term version of this would fare. 

A limited reunion sort of thing could be fun, however. Just see how everyone's faring, who's still part of the BAU and who else, alongside Garcia, might've left, see which newbies might've taken their place and whatnot. If they can do something like that and get a good amount of the former cast members back and whatnot, then yeah, I think that'd work. 

Either way, I'll check it out, whatever happens. 

• Love 1

I remember saying before that I might be interested in a series with Ben Savage's version of Gideon exploring how the great profiler came to be- and how he eventually broke down. I still think that's the path to go. We haven't even gone more than a year since the original recipe series finished- why bring it back now?

• Love 2

Oh nooooooooo. Every revival of my favourite shows has been a hot mess - Gilmore Girls, The X Files, Arrested Development. I have absolutely no faith in a CM revival being even halfway decent. I’m just going to stay in my corner and rewatch the first 5 seasons, and maybe the last 5 minutes of the Season 7 finale for Emily in Dolce and Gabbana. 

On 2/20/2021 at 12:39 AM, Danielg342 said:

I remember saying before that I might be interested in a series with Ben Savage's version of Gideon exploring how the great profiler came to be- and how he eventually broke down. I still think that's the path to go. We haven't even gone more than a year since the original recipe series finished- why bring it back now?

Since its happening so quickly after the end of the original run, that's probably the best way to go.  Show a chronicle of the Ben Savage(young Gideon) & young Rossi days.

Or if must stick with the 'current' times of original show, do something different like take whoever decides to come back and have them have left the Bureau but decide to start up their own 'BAU', like a group owned-&-ran Private Detective agency, only a more enhanced (intelligent) version of PI duties & responsibilities.

• Love 1

It seems official;  Season 16 is a "go".

Criminal Minds - Renewed for a 16th Season (10 Episodes) at Paramount+

I have to admit, the wording confuses me a bit.  I read it as all 10 episodes will focus on just one case;  and that they are planning for there to be more seasons than just this one, already.  If that is what it means, I will (not) look forward to how they'll find ways to mess that up truly and completely.  We've seen how 'well' they handled serialized storylines before, IE Scratch.

I am imagining them screwing it up beforehand because Messer is still the showrunner. 

I'm quite tempted to just pass on it already, but will wait for more details/cast announcements to come out before making a final decision.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:59 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Since its happening so quickly after the end of the original run, that's probably the best way to go.  Show a chronicle of the Ben Savage(young Gideon) & young Rossi days.

Or if must stick with the 'current' times of original show, do something different like take whoever decides to come back and have them have left the Bureau but decide to start up their own 'BAU', like a group owned-&-ran Private Detective agency, only a more enhanced (intelligent) version of PI duties & responsibilities.

I could see Reid head up his own profiling consulting company, which he does on the side when he's not teaching.

He might be the only character I care about revisiting after the series, especially when- even after 15 years- so much of his character is still unexplored.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2021 at 12:17 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

It seems official;  Season 16 is a "go".

Criminal Minds - Renewed for a 16th Season (10 Episodes) at Paramount+

I have to admit, the wording confuses me a bit.  I read it as all 10 episodes will focus on just one case;  and that they are planning for there to be more seasons than just this one, already.  If that is what it means, I will (not) look forward to how they'll find ways to mess that up truly and completely.  We've seen how 'well' they handled serialized storylines before, IE Scratch.

I am imagining them screwing it up beforehand because Messer is still the showrunner. 

I'm quite tempted to just pass on it already, but will wait for more details/cast announcements to come out before making a final decision.

My hope is that without having to worry about cases of the week, the show can actually devote the time to do these serialized cases justice. It's also way more up Erica Messer's alley, since she's much better at telling personal stories and exploring characters in depth than she is at writing one-off episodes, which rely on more decisive, direct writing (which was Edward Allen Bernero's strong suit).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, secnarf said:

I'm not familiar with Paramount+ at all, but if it is something I have to pay extra for, I'm out.

I may check out the revival if I can access it without paying for yet another streaming service.

Paramount+ is CBS All-Access, rebranded. As far as I know, if you already have CBS All-Access then you should automatically get Paramount+. That's the best I can say.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Paramount+ is CBS All-Access, rebranded. As far as I know, if you already have CBS All-Access then you should automatically get Paramount+. That's the best I can say.

Sorry, not sorry, but not going to pay for any other streaming service...already paying too much for cable...won't pay for more services ..Looking at you Discovery+...

17 hours ago, secnarf said:

I'm not familiar with Paramount+ at all, but if it is something I have to pay extra for, I'm out.

I may check out the revival if I can access it without paying for yet another streaming service.

This is actually a rebranding of the existing streaming service CBS All Access  or CBSAA.

It is happening because because after years of being separate companies Paramount & Viacom are one single corporate entity again.

• Useful 1

I am intrigued at the possibility of a revival until I read Erica Messer was going to be the showrunner again. I just didn't like a good majority of the episodes under her tenure, and would rather have a more hard boiled version of serial killer storytelling. As for characters, Rossi really can't come back in any official capacity, since he is long past the age of mandatory retirement. Penelope needs to be far, far away from this revival in my opinion. I would hope that about half of the team is replaced. Maybe one of them (like JJ) could be running a field office and working with the BAU on the case. If there isn't much a difference in characters or storytelling, it's like what is the point of a revival? 

• Love 2