Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds In The Media: Media Liaison

• Start Topic

yeah, I follow Josh on twitter and there was a kickstarter for this project posted there ages ago (I sent him some money). He was excitedly talking about this a long time ago, before the recent 'Shooter' series kinda took over his twitter. Apparently. the opioid crisis has been a thing in his home state for quite some time and he's been very passionate and very vocal about it. 

It's even more timely now, with the North American opioid crisis blooming.

• Love 2

yeah, he's much more focussed on the 'Shooter' thing right now..... dunno if that means the other's been shelved or whathaveyou... but I hope it does get made, it's an important issue, especially now.

I don't know how many times Reid and JJ ever investigated together in order to have a "dynamic". Certainly the stronger character pairs on CM are Morgan/Reid and Hotch/Rossi, neither of whom are represented in this "battle".

I gotta throw shade on it in that this list doesn't include Gotham's Gordon/Bullock and seems to think that The Blacklist's Aram/Samar is an investigative pairing. Aram Mojtabi and Samar Navabi simply have an annoying "will they or won't they" unrequited love story going on and had just one interrogation scene- I'd hardly call that a "dynamic duo". I suppose I could also fault Matt Carter for picking Raymond "Red" Reddington and Elizabeth Keen for a No. 1 seed when Red does all the work and Liz does nothing except be a child, but Red deserves to be in this competition and...well, I'm not sure who else on The Blacklist you pair him up with (Dembe?).

Anyway, I voted. Reid/JJ at least have chemistry together and probably could work together if the writers ever gave it a decent shot. I actually don't think, individually, Sullivan Stapleton and Jaimie Alexander (Blindspot's Kurt Weller and Jane Doe, respectively) are all that bad...but no one on Blindspot has any chemistry and Blindspot's a hokey show anyway, so it's more than just the fanboy in me driving my vote.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

I don't know how many times Reid and JJ ever investigated together in order to have a "dynamic". Certainly the stronger character pairs on CM are Morgan/Reid and Hotch/Rossi, neither of whom are represented in this "battle".

I gotta throw shade on it in that this list doesn't include Gotham's Gordon/Bullock and seems to think that The Blacklist's Aram/Samar is an investigative pairing. Aram Mojtabi and Samar Navabi simply have an annoying "will they or won't they" unrequited love story going on and had just one interrogation scene- I'd hardly call that a "dynamic duo". I suppose I could also fault Matt Carter for picking Raymond "Red" Reddington and Elizabeth Keen for a No. 1 seed when Red does all the work and Liz does nothing except be a child, but Red deserves to be in this competition and...well, I'm not sure who else on The Blacklist you pair him up with (Dembe?).

Anyway, I voted. Reid/JJ at least have chemistry together and probably could work together if the writers ever gave it a decent shot. I actually don't think, individually, Sullivan Stapleton and Jaimie Alexander (Blindspot's Kurt Weller and Jane Doe, respectively) are all that bad...but no one on Blindspot has any chemistry and Blindspot's a hokey show anyway, so it's more than just the fanboy in me driving my vote.

A better option would be Benson\Stabler. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

A better option would be Benson\Stabler. 

Olivia Benson is there, but not with Elliot Stabler. She's listed with Rafael Barba, who's not even her actual partner- Amanda Rollins is. I do like the Benson/Barba dynamic, but it's a crime that Stabler has been forgotten.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Danielg342 said:

Olivia Benson is there, but not with Elliot Stabler. She's listed with Rafael Barba, who's not even her actual partner- Amanda Rollins is. I do like the Benson/Barba dynamic, but it's a crime that Stabler has been forgotten.

I thought Carisi was her partner. Barba's the prosecutor, right? 

Stabler has been forgotten. Sound like another character we know?

54 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

I thought Carisi was her partner. Barba's the prosecutor, right? 

Stabler has been forgotten. Sound like another character we know?

I referred to Wiki, since I don't watch SVU with regularity. Wiki says it's Rollins, though, thinking about it, Benson's the one in charge while Rollins, Carisi and Fin do the dirty work. Barba is the prosecutor, yes.

I just recognised Sheryl Lee Ralph who plays Rossi's main squeeze Hayden, in the new series of 'One Mississippi' on Amazon playing, yes, the girlfriend of another older character - but the relationship this time is adorable and she was very likable in quite an odd role. (Well really all the roles are odd. It's a cute show although very direct in its politics. Its quietly funny and sad. I really enjoyed the whole thing). 

• Love 2

ok guys I need help here...I remember starting to read a story about a bombing at the federal building, Garcia was trapped inside & she had to crawl down the stairs to the ground floor, JJ was trapped with some others in an elevator..This story took place after Strauss had been murdered

...it had original characters & was the second installment from a previous story...Emily was still leading her team at Interpol & they were paired up with an anti terrorist task force...The previous story involved terrorists bombing at a building in Nigeria

One of the original characters was a British woman

That's all I remember...If someone knows which stories I'm talking about could you pretty please post the links?

Thank you

Kris

ok guys I need help here...I remember starting to read a story about a bombing at the federal building, Garcia was trapped inside & she had to crawl down the stairs to the ground floor, JJ was trapped with some others in an elevator..This story took place after Strauss had been murdered

It was a crossover with the Magnificent 7 characters

...Emily was still leading her team at Interpol & they were paired up with an anti terrorist task force...The previous story involved terrorists bombing at a building in Nigeria

That's all I remember...If someone knows which stories I'm talking about could you pretty please post the links?

Thank you

Kris

Most of the speculation and discussion so far seems to be about the resolution of season thirteen cliffhanger, which is understandable, but I've been thinking about the cases of the week as well. For season fourteen, I would like to see them do an episode featuring a mother-in-law/daughter-in-law killing team. Maybe the son gets accused of rape; he is either incarcerated, or never convicted due to a lack of evidence, but his name is still dragged through the mud, he loses his job, and he and his wife have to move away (maybe move back in with his mother?). Eventually, his mother and his wife plot their revenge, and start murdering people involved in the son's/husband's case, via home invasion/homicide (the accuser, the prosecutor, the lead detective etc). They could also be murdering random victims along the way, as a forensic countermeasure, a way to conceal their motive. It could eventually be revealed that the mother was a serial killer and rapist herself when she was younger, but she eventually managed to stop and keep her urges under control, until her soon was accused of rape and she felt a need for vengeance. Her daughter-in-law, also seeking revenge, and already harboring violent tendencies, thus became her protege. That could be an interesting case with a new, intriguing unsub-team dynamic, with maybe even some dark humor along the way. Tone and plot vise, it could be something similar to a combo between "Children of the Dark" and "Remembrance of Things Past".

• Love 1

I'm 'working' nights at the moment and was during a quiet few moments scrolling through some social media when I came upon this article just published today in Variety.

This is very disturbing.  I am also thinking back to my very brief meeting some months ago with a former crew member.  They did not talk about this specifically but definitely aluded to the fact that all was not as it appeared.  I was most interested in their views on what happened with Thomas.  This person is still friendly with Thomas.  NOTE: This article has NOTHING  to do with Thomas but I have to say that it puts his dismissal for at what was at best a heated clash, into perspective - ( I don't wish to dig this story up again, just compare and contrast)

Heads should roll for this - http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/criminal-minds-abc-studios-abuse-tyrant-1202965261/#article-comments

Edited by mefein
fixing link
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Blackbird999999lol said:

Looks like someone trying to smear the whole CM crew before S14 starts. The comments are disgusting. How is this Greg St. Johns dude being a predator ANYONE's fault other than Greg St. Johns? I see comments blaming Erica, Glenn, Thomas (?!). wth

Hi. Yes I've just been having a read. I have to disagree with you a little I'm afraid. I think we've all learned how difficult it is for victims to come forward in any environment but certainly this business adds an extra obstacle or 100! I have family members who work in the business and they've often discussed how they witnessed poor behaviour. Not specifically of this nature, rather bullying and threats. 

If it is the case that this was reported to Erica, Glenn, Harry etc as seems to have been the case if the article and subsequent comments are accurate, and they did NOT act to resolve it, or as one commentator said, 'protected him', then they are entitled to be blamed and those crew members are entitled to be angry. They are the bosses on the show, Erica the show runner and if nothing else, they have a duty of care to their crew. The article alleges that it was the people complaining who were fired instead of the perp and he seems to have been able to behave like this with impunity for years. That's disgraceful. 

I agree that bringing Thomas name into it is not fair. I'm not saying this as a Thomas fan but really, how could you possibly compare.

im curious though. I can't believe that the actors were not aware of this. Perhaps they to were afraid for their jobs if they stepped forward. Who knows, maybe they also were victims. It's really awful and I hope swift action is taken. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mefein said:

Hi. Yes I've just been having a read. I have to disagree with you a little I'm afraid. I think we've all learned how difficult it is for victims to come forward in any environment but certainly this business adds an extra obstacle or 100! I have family members who work in the business and they've often discussed how they witnessed poor behaviour. Not specifically of this nature, rather bullying and threats. 

If it is the case that this was reported to Erica, Glenn, Harry etc as seems to have been the case if the article and subsequent comments are accurate, and they did NOT act to resolve it, or as one commentator said, 'protected him', then they are entitled to be blamed and those crew members are entitled to be angry. They are the bosses on the show, Erica the show runner and if nothing else, they have a duty of care to their crew. The article alleges that it was the people complaining who were fired instead of the perp and he seems to have been able to behave like this with impunity for years. That's disgraceful. 

I agree that bringing Thomas name into it is not fair. I'm not saying this as a Thomas fan but really, how could you possibly compare.

im curious though. I can't believe that the actors were not aware of this. Perhaps they to were afraid for their jobs if they stepped forward. Who knows, maybe they also were victims. It's really awful and I hope swift action is taken. 

You can't blame current cast members for not speaking up or not being aware of what's happening. Like you said it's difficult for victims to come forward. How come FORMER cast members never speak up about the horrors their cast mates went through? I'm not talking about Thomas, he's probably not allowed to say anything. Shemar still does guest appearances on the show when he's able to, he can't speak up either but why hasn't jlh from S10 said ANYTHING? She has nothing to lose, she's never coming back to the show and has no future as an actress thanks to her own behaviour. Of course no one is holding her reponsible for anything, it's all the current cast & the producers' fault. 

Thankfully the truth came out about him and hopefully his life has been ruined by these claims forever. Too many workplace abuse cases are swept under the rug.

Apart from the higher ups to whom it was reported, I don’t know who knew/saw/heard anything, so I am not about to denigrate anyone by calling them out by name. It’s entirely possible—-likely, even—- that none of the behaviors took place when anyone the perpetrator considered influential was around.  

I’m sad that this kind of behavior was tolerated, and that the show will be under the shadow of its failure to protect its workers. And I’m appalled that Glen Kershaw pulled out the ridiculous, and ridiculously dismissive, ‘locker room behavior’ excuse. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, JMO said:

Apart from the higher ups to whom it was reported, I don’t know who knew/saw/heard anything, so I am not about to denigrate anyone by calling them out by name. It’s entirely possible—-likely, even—- that none of the behaviors took place when anyone the perpetrator considered influential was around.  

I’m sad that this kind of behavior was tolerated, and that the show will be under the shadow of its failure to protect its workers. And I’m appalled that Glen Kershaw pulled out the ridiculous, and ridiculously dismissive, ‘locker room behavior’ excuse. 

Echoing all of this. Hopefully, now that this story has come to light, this creep will be held accountable for his actions and be ousted as fast as possible. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, JMO said:

I agree JMO. And yes, when I read that 'locker room' comment, my reaction was something along the lines of "oh for f**k sake". I applaud these men for coming forward. It's hard enough for women and the current political climate is doing nothing to placate that. I think it's amplified for male victims. 

I guess my comment on whether the actors knew or not, was me wondering if they'd heard anything about it. It seems like a pretty big thing to not have heard. That said, as much as these crews, cast etc work together, there is still a pecking order. So maybe it was just known among the crew and senior staffers'. 

• Love 2

Very disappointed to see that as of yet there appears to have been no action taken. At the very least this man needs to be suspended while a full investigation takes place. It's the very least that should be done at this time. 

As for Harry not having anything to do with this, Blackbird, I'm afraid I must disagree with you on this also. 

There is simply no way that he was not aware of this. NONE. In fact one of the comments purported to be from a crew member and one with quite specific details, calls him out for his inaction as well as Erica, Breen & Glenn.

He is an EP on the show, one of the 'higher ups' and by all accounts very close friends with Glenn Kershaw. You don't think it ever came up in conversation??? Impossible he was unaware of the complaints. 

I have found Mr.Bring to be quite rude in many of his interactions. 

Im not a regular Twitter user but on one occasion I witnessed a young girl reply (politely) to a picture tweet he had posted which had most of the cast except Matthew. She asked why Matthew was not in the picture. His reply was something like 'he didn't have to explain where anyone was' and then commented on a misspelled word she had in her tweet by using a derogatory term. The young girl explained that she was upset by his reply as she was dyslexic. A number of other users liked his comment, some retweeted it, something that I found quite disturbing. 

I challenged him to apologise, as an adult to adult, to which the response was to comment on my 'only 200 followers', blocked and blocked young girl. Not an isolated incident either.

Not particularly associated with the allegations in the article but a snapshot of the character in my opinion. 

Regardless of who was or was not involved or aware, action needs to be taken. 

• Love 6

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cbs-harassment-allegations-criminal-minds-leslie-moonves-1202973265/

An update of sorts on this story from last week and I have to say that I am disgusted. 

If I am reading this correctly, someone obviously recorded this meeting between Erica and the crew, a telling fact in itself in my opinion. Through that recording we hear that Erica was frustrated at the timing of this story and seemed more concerned at keeping up appearances of a nice happy family!

Concerned also that there would be "nasty comments about the show" and to come to EPs if they read them. ? This woman is clearly in denial. Surely she could not be so insensitive and self centred...? And StJohns has been sent home for a few days? 

This is outrageous and extraordinarily hypocritical. Given all that occured on that show over the years and the rush to make judgements but even more so the current climate. As someone who in a previous incarnation worked with sexual assault victims, predominantly young men, I'm appalled. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mefein said:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cbs-harassment-allegations-criminal-minds-leslie-moonves-1202973265/

An update of sorts on this story from last week and I have to say that I am disgusted. 

If I am reading this correctly, someone obviously recorded this meeting between Erica and the crew, a telling fact in itself in my opinion. Through that recording we hear that Erica was frustrated at the timing of this story and seemed more concerned at keeping up appearances of a nice happy family!

Concerned also that there would be "nasty comments about the show" and to come to EPs if they read them. ? This woman is clearly in denial. Surely she could not be so insensitive and self centred...? And StJohns has been sent home for a few days? 

This is outrageous and extraordinarily hypocritical. Given all that occured on that show over the years and the rush to make judgements but even more so the current climate. As someone who in a previous incarnation worked with sexual assault victims, predominantly young men, I'm appalled. 

She is delusional.

• Love 2

No update on the behind the scenes issues. I would hope he's been canned and frankly so to should anyone found to have protected him. I think we probably will hear more about this but maybe not till the end of the series.

Speaking off, has anyone heard whether or not there has been an increase in episode order?

Theyve got to be filming 10 or maybe even 11 by now. 

Pin order news, I read that MGG is staring in a movie due to start this week? Now it doesn't mean he's working on it this week but he usually takes October off from CM so maybe he worked around it. 

Ive felt for the last few years that Matt has itchy feet. I wonder if that blind article about an original cast member from long running drama leaving could be about him? 

9 minutes ago, mefein said:

Speaking off, has anyone heard whether or not there has been an increase in episode order?

Based on the article (just above your post), there are 15 episodes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mefein said:

No update on the behind the scenes issues. I would hope he's been canned and frankly so to should anyone found to have protected him. I think we probably will hear more about this but maybe not till the end of the series.

Pin order news, I read that MGG is staring in a movie due to start this week? Now it doesn't mean he's working on it this week but he usually takes October off from CM so maybe he worked around it. 

Ive felt for the last few years that Matt has itchy feet. I wonder if that blind article about an original cast member from long running drama leaving could be about him? 

So Thomas was fired because of egomaniac Virgil Williams. But not this guy. Makes total sense. I wonder where their priorities are. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, illdoc said:

Based on the article (just above your post), there are 15 episodes.

Yes that was the order, but as the usual is 22 and in earlier seasons went to 24, this shorter season is a first for CM. There was talk or maybe hope that they'd get some more and I'd expect that to have been announced by now. I guess my point is that the writers must know by now if it's staying at 15 and even more so, if this is the final series. 

10 hours ago, mefein said:

The whole "MGG wants to leave" thing is speculation, nothing more. Based on interviews/reports he's happy to be in the show and considers the CM cast and crew as a second family. He's excited about the episode he recently directed (many weeks ago lol) and he loves JJ&Reid's friendship tremendously.

They're a family. I have a feeling everyone will be devastated beyond words if the show ends with S14...

I don't think he wants to leave.

BAD NEWS 

So I guess after yesterday's news about CM not getting a back order, this latest news would appear to be a hammer blow.

I don't know if it means immediate and so 14 and 15 won't be filmed or that they'll complete 14 & 15 and then save episodes to broadcast later. My gut says it might be immediate...😬

image.jpeg

Edited by Lalaland
Spelling

Thank you for the information, TimetoShine and Lalaland. I really appreciate it. I will post my thoughts on those news in "Criminal Minds Analysis: Profile The Show" thread, because it would be off-topic to post it here.

44 minutes ago, Mislav said:

Thank you for the information, TimetoShine and Lalaland. I really appreciate it. I will post my thoughts on those news in "Criminal Minds Analysis: Profile The Show" thread, because it would be off-topic to post it here.

It sort of serves them right. 

We don't know for certain if the show will return for a fifteenth season or not.  But it is in elite enough company to have gone fourteen seasons, and over 300 episodes.  Those who made it happen have the right to be proud of their work.  As Annber said, it will end eventually, regardless.  But it will end because of old age, not failure.   

• Love 6