Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Budget Cuts

• Start Topic

The perfect martini has nothing to do with olives. It's about having a method for getting the smallest possible amount of vermouth in, and using an ice shape that cools the drink without melting a lot of water into it. The ONE THING I would have expected from this writing staff is knowing how to be a proper drunk.

ETA: If Dave had recorded an entire second episode at the end, I would have listened happily.

Edited by Stowaway
  • Love 3

The retconning going on in this Valerie storyline is so irritating to me.  I mean, Valerie demanding to know how Abby knew she threatened to go to the cops?  Val told her that herself, in the season seven episode where this all came out!  These writers seriously couldn't pop in the tape and TRY and line this stuff up?!?!

And just a quick reminder - Kelly, tireless champion of the needy and downtrodden, patron saint of the Clinic Clinic, doesn't try to get another job in this kind of community service going forward, but instead decides to open up a fashion boutique in a strip mall.

• Love 15

All that effort to save the ClinicClinic and Kelly's like, " Well that's it for me. Thanks friends for saving a place I couldn't care less about now." Classic late-stage Taylor.

Although, "Or God forbid anything legally binding" was a nice, albeit brief, return of earlier, cooler Kelly.

Edited by Cekrypton1
  • Love 9

In other news, why is the show doubling down on Noah's bargain basement Dylan-ness on the eve of 1.0's return?  I mean, the drinking, the issues with his father who died tragically, etc.

Or did he?  *cue dramatic music and silent movie look of horror as Season 10 looms in the distance*

• Love 15

Maybe the foundationfoundation is cutting funds because of all the complaints from patients about being stalked and harassed by that weird secretary who thinks she runs the clinicclinic. 

• Love 15

Why would the sight of Kelly in her wedding gown be such a big deal to Brandon? He already saw her in that dress. At their wedding. So showing him what he missed? What? He knows that - he actually made the decision to not be with her when she was wearing that dress. 

• Love 6

The retconning going on in this Valerie storyline is so irritating to me.  I mean, Valerie demanding to know how Abby knew she threatened to go to the cops?  Val told her that herself, in the season seven episode where this all came out!  These writers seriously couldn't pop in the tape and TRY and line this stuff up?!?!

And just a quick reminder - Kelly, tireless champion of the needy and downtrodden, patron saint of the Clinic Clinic, doesn't try to get another job in this kind of community service going forward, but instead decides to open up a fashion boutique in a strip mall.

Don't these actors do "table reads" with the script? Wouldn't TAT have remembered her own backstory? I guess she was counting down the days too.
I always loved how entitled these brats were... "just start a newspaper/fashion business/pr company". Sad to see the end of the Clinic Clinic. Do we still get "stories of the week" that annoy Kelly via the paper or is that just through (spoiler) through DoorMatt?

I forgot how cute Tori could look. I wish she'd go back to this color. The bleached blonde does no favors for her now.

I'm ashamed to admit- I totally did that little clip thing on my side bangs too! And I really wanted to make my hair "piece-y" but it has so much freaking volume that it can never do that.

I loved Laura Leighton but how OLD is she pretending to be here?

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, why is the show doubling down on Noah's bargain basement Dylan-ness on the eve of 1.0's return?  I mean, the drinking, the issues with his father who died tragically, etc.

And wasn’t Dylan’s inner child wearing a baseball cap when mourning Mr McKay?

• Love 3

Or did he?  *cue dramatic music and silent movie look of horror as Season 10 looms in the distance*

yep jack mckay will be back spoiler

• Love 1

Seriously, when did Kelly become the administrator of the Clinic clinic? Was that always supposed to be her title? Like, is that why she could manage the 1943 medicine cabinet and hire Dr. Martin? She's a 23-year-old with a degree in child psychology! I don't understand.

But whatever. Only two more Brandon episodes to go!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Nanna said:

Why would the sight of Kelly in her wedding gown be such a big deal to Brandon? He already saw her in that dress. At their wedding. So showing him what he missed? What? He knows that - he actually made the decision to not be with her when she was wearing that dress. 

Plus, what is the big to-do about this supposed creative triumph of Donna’s? It looks like a very generic bridal gown to me.

Edited by StatMom
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Do we still get "stories of the week" that annoy Kelly via the paper or is that just through (spoiler) through DoorMatt?

We definitely get Issues stories via Kelly Being A Bitch about whatever position Matt has taken on a case.  But I think there's still stuff that springs from the Beat with Steve and Janet.

• Love 3

I always look forward to these visual aides, but all of these made me laugh so hard! Well done guys. The show keeps reaching new and remarkable lows, but the VA’s just keeps getting better.

• Love 1

Don't throw things at me, but I actually really like Kelly's wedding gown. I thought it was very classic and feminine,

I like it, too. If we can lose the train. It's nothing super special. But, it's simple and nice.

The whole "Kelly running the clinic," storyline reminds me of the Golden Girls episode where Rose loses her job at the grief center and wants to apply for a job as a "hospital administrator." It's completely ridiculous that someone without a degree (most likely a master's) specifically in hospital administration would even be in that position. So, Kelly has a degree in psychology and that makes her qualified? Don't even get me started on Rose who said on her resume she was a homemaker for like 30 years, wanting to run a damn hospital!

Edited by kfree9
  • Love 2

What pisses me off the most about Val's retcon is that it un-does what was so sweet in the first place about her and David's original romance, which was that she was re-traumatized by his mom's suicide attempt because of her dad and was able to be the one to help him. It makes no sense whatsoever now. That whole episode when she was having nightmares about finding her dad's body? Makes no sense whatsoever now. Sigh. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Tooch said:

What pisses me off the most about Val's retcon is that it un-does what was so sweet in the first place about her and David's original romance, which was that she was re-traumatized by his mom's suicide attempt because of her dad and was able to be the one to help him. It makes no sense whatsoever now. That whole episode when she was having nightmares about finding her dad's body? Makes no sense whatsoever now. Sigh. 

Yes was always thinking of that too when those episodes came on . Makes no sense and I'm assuming the show was planning on keeping the dads story a suicide but the seasons just went on for 3636 years so they had to come up with something for her 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Tooch said:

Ahhhh, I never even thought about that! Man, what a bummer. Val/David (version 1.0) were one of my favorite couples on the show (up until she tried to pimp him out to Ginger) and I always liked their connection, especially early on in the relationship.

• Love 3

She is sooo orange in that second pic .. I guess no one got the memo that less is more . They really made Donna look like shit a lot yet they never overdid Kelly or made her look ridiculous ( looks wise that is )

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

She is sooo orange in that second pic .. I guess no one got the memo that less is more . They really made Donna look like shit a lot yet they never overdid Kelly or made her look ridiculous ( looks wise that is )

It's horrifying! Her eyebrows and lips are the same colour as her fake tan.

3 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

Heeng. 

Perfect! Should have gone with that...

Edited by helent

Ah, Brandon's storied journalistic ethics, using his newspaper to advance his ex-fiance's personal interests! And Kelly, violating the patients' privacy by telling Brandon all their stories! I'm not convinced they shouldn't have gotten married, they are both awful in the same smug, self-important ways.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Intomymixingbowl said:

According to Google translate, "dar con el corazón" means "hit the heart". Anyone speak Spanish here that can help me understand?

Literally it means "give with the heart" so I think it means give with love.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, Kerfuffler said:

Ah, Brandon's storied journalistic ethics, using his newspaper to advance his ex-fiance's personal interests! And Kelly, violating the patients' privacy by telling Brandon all their stories! I'm not convinced they shouldn't have gotten married, they are both awful in the same smug, self-important ways.

Was HIPPA enacted then?  Maybe it's just a trope, but it seems that doctors were always spilling the beans about their patients.  Even later on, you have jokes where the "clinic" leaves the info on the answering machine.  On second thought, I do remember in 1998 a doctor leaving a message to me on our answering machine about an allergic reaction I had to antibiotics.  Thankfully it wasn't the typical "we have your std results" call we see on tv. 

On 8/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I know, she looks like an Oompa Loompa!

ALSO RE: Donna's hair this season. It is very nice and tasteful but the style makes her face look extra long, like she already looks enough like a Kentucky Derby winner without any help from her hairstyle. The helmet hair days were bad but a shorter length really downplays the horsiness. Imagine if she had a shorter hairdo that was actually healthy and dignified.

Edited by yousetmeupyoucrud
  • Love 2
On 8/9/2018 at 6:08 PM, helent said:

I was bored at work so I made some gifs.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She looks like an Oompa Loompa with a platinum wig in the 2nd from the bottom. So orange!!!

On 8/13/2018 at 10:32 AM, meggonzo said:

HIPAA went into effect in 1996.

Nobody told the staff on ER about it...

• Love 1

She sure did! Back in Season 5 she worries about "Kurt and Susie" when her mother checks herself into a hospital, and later on she tells Andrea "I practically raised my little brother and sister." I'm guessing Kurt and Susie went off to live at the home for wayward 90210 characters along with Andrea's sister, Cousin Bobby, and latter seasons Erin Silver.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

She sure did! Back in Season 5 she worries about "Kurt and Susie" when her mother checks herself into a hospital, and later on she tells Andrea "I practically raised my little brother and sister." I'm guessing Kurt and Susie went off to live at the home for wayward 90210 characters along with Andrea's sister, Cousin Bobby, and latter seasons Erin Silver.

Teenage Erin Silver was a major character on the 90210 reboot, and I think maybe Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez got a shout out?

• Love 2

I did watch the first season of the reboot and was horrified at the retcons.  Everyone basically became an only child on the show, except occasionally Kelly and David were siblings (except when he talks about how sexy she is) and Erin/Erica/goofy Steve  brothers/ Kelly half sister would show up but not at any big life event.  Even Brenda never came back.  

Hannah did get a shout out... something to the effect that she looks way too old to be in high school.  

• Love 2

You recapped this?!  I watched one and half seasons of this crap and am questioning my life choices now.  I stand corrected- Brenda did come back for the reboot and everything was turned around (didn't they act like Brenda cheated with Dylan vs Dylan and Kelly).  I think everything was weird on that show-except for Erin's age.  

• Love 3