Type keyword(s) to search

Rachel & Jon: Bearded in Britain

• Start Topic

I don't think Jon is Lucy's bio dad - I think the father is a guy in town that she had a one week thing with and now we have Lucy as a result.  Lots of babies look just like their moms and dads, yes, but just as many look like neither.

13 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Her story sounds flimsy but then maybe she’s as careless about a piece of jewelry from the Love of Her Life as she is meticulous with her birth control.

So true.  Another thing about her IG post:  "I would wear a rubber band as my ring as long as I am Jon's wife."  I hate exaggerations like that.  Shallow, I know.  "I would swim across the ocean for you, Jon my love!"  How about going to CVS for some condoms??  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't think Jon is Lucy's bio dad - I think the father is a guy in town that she had a one week thing with and now we have Lucy as a result.  Lots of babies look just like their moms and dads, yes, but just as many look like neither.

So true.  Another thing about her IG post:  "I would wear a rubber band as my ring as long as I am Jon's wife."  I hate exaggerations like that.  Shallow, I know.  "I would swim across the ocean for you, Jon my love!"  How about going to CVS for some condoms??  

Rachel is like Pole, she only uses condoms for swimming.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 9/24/2018 at 3:06 PM, AZ Curls said:

Has this been posted yet? Its Rachel's explanation as to why the engagement ring diamond is fake...

Oh, please. All that is code speak for the ring turned her finger 50 shades of green then fell apart due to shoddy workmanship. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Rachel aka Eeyore is exhausting. Who writes such long explanations and versions of events like that on IG? Girl, all you had to say was you lost your original ring in the garbage disposal, and Jon replaced it with another ring. Life just isn't fairrrrr to her. And the universe is constantly conspiring to steal her joy.

• Love 12
On 2018-09-26 at 3:13 PM, endure said:

I was checking out Jon’s Instagram page, there was a photo of his nephew as a baby at about Lucy’s age and they looked similar to me but I didn’t think too much of it.  There was also a photo of Jon as a baby also about Lucy’s age and it too looked an awful lot like her, I am pretty convinced Lucy is related to Jon after seeing those photos.

Here's a link to check out Jon's own baby pic and close by there's a photo of Lucy it's amazing the resemblance.........https://www.instagram.com/jonjwalters/

• Love 2
11 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Rachel aka Eeyore is exhausting. Who writes such long explanations and versions of events like that on IG? Girl, all you had to say was you lost your original ring in the garbage disposal, and Jon replaced it with another ring. Life just isn't fairrrrr to her. And the universe is constantly conspiring to steal her joy.

Maybe because she is telling a long tale......she is exhausting and so caught up in the lies.  Maybe that's what causes the twitching!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Well, she spent days of crying & emotionally beating herself up, she wanted the world to know. Surprised? 

• Love 1

The lawyer told her upwards of three years and his criminal record could be an automatic and permanent denial. 

All that time and money (already thousands) for basically a pen pal relationship? And spending thousands every year to go visit and get laid. How much will her daughter Ella  have to sacrifice to finance mommy’s fairy tale?  So incredibly selfish..

she says she weighed 105? She certainly had her tits on display in those pics she showed. I guess that’s another reason beside the Karoke Jon was attracted to her.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Wow, I went and read about Jon's tiffs with other cast members.  I mean, on one hand , he seems like an angry garbage gnome; but on the other hand, it's jesse and pol so I sorta understand. 

What is he fighting with them about? (Sorry, I don't do IG.)

45 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Thanks Kareem.

I hate the way Jesse treats Darcy. He's so emotionally abusive, and never suggests that THEY have to work on THEMSELVES. It's always she has to work on herself. But then she has to go do ridiculous things like brawling with her sister and she helps him make his case. Maybe Jon is trying to make his I'm-a-protector-of-women-and-that's-why-I-fight case. Regardless, I hope they both show up for the tell-all - I can't wait! lol

• Love 3
On 9/27/2018 at 12:05 PM, Owwwww ma leg said:

Here’s some spilt tea I gleaned from the reddit sub. Not only only is Jon aka gnome having IG spats with Jesse, but also Pole. These people just keep giving

Why?  They are on the same bad show together, but why do they have anything to do with each other that isn't show related?  If I was on this show, I would stay far away from all the other couples.

Edited by EllaDisco
typo
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I totally support Jon's comments, as do most of us over on the Darcey/Jesse thread. He IS a manipulative, tiny-dicked, abusive piece of shit. Jon speaketh the truth IMO.

But Jon shouldn't be provoking anyone with his reputation and prior convictions for fighting, isn't he still planning to plead his case for a visa to the US?  Both men have big issues.

• Love 7

Regarding insurance, I once had some tires stolen from my garage.  They were the summer tires that weren't on the car at the time.  I could have made a claim through my house insurance but the amount for stolen car parts was the same as the deductible, so it made no sense, unless it was part of a larger robbery. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, EllaDisco said:

Regarding insurance, I once had some tires stolen from my garage.  They were the summer tires that weren't on the car at the time.  I could have made a claim through my house insurance but the amount for stolen car parts was the same as the deductible, so it made no sense, unless it was part of a larger robbery. 

Any ring that you put a rider on is seperate and is worth more then $1500. Our house got hit by lightening last year. It damaged our Modem, DVR, one computer and sprinkler system. Our ded. was $1000. They accessed the damage at $1250 and warned us about higher rates if we filed so I did not file. My husband fixed the sprinkler system and computer for under $50 , got a new modem for $90 and a DVR $300. The difference is if I lost my ring , it is now valued at over $10k, so I would gladly pay $1k ded to get $9k towards anew ring. I shocked me how much diamond and gold prices have gone up since my husband bought the ring. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, endure said:

But Jon shouldn't be provoking anyone with his reputation and prior convictions for fighting, isn't he still planning to plead his case for a visa to the US?  Both men have big issues.

Same thing I was thinking. He may be right about Jesse, but he deliberately got into someone else's business for no reason other than to pick a fight. Makes me wonder if they were in the same room would he do something & end up being arrested again. So much for his promise not to fight anymore & being a changed man. If after everything he's done he can still go starting shit on SM, unprovoked, then he hasn't changed & Rachel is an idiot not to run from this guy.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Thanks Kareem.

I hate the way Jesse treats Darcy. He's so emotionally abusive, and never suggests that THEY have to work on THEMSELVES. It's always she has to work on herself. But then she has to go do ridiculous things like brawling with her sister and she helps him make his case. Maybe Jon is trying to make his I'm-a-protector-of-women-and-that's-why-I-fight case. Regardless, I hope they both show up for the tell-all - I can't wait! lol

Jon’s remarks make me think he is still itching for a fight. Maybe fighting is an outlet for his insecurities over his own size, both height and length. And at this point in his and Rachels situation, he shouldn’t be giving the government any reason to look sideways at him. Hed better keep that temper in check at the tell all too.

I don’t much care for Jesse, but I don’t see him as getting physical. I can see Jon, looking for the smallest excuse to jump up and start swinging. 

• Love 5

I also don't really agree with Jon's take on Darcy being broken because she doesn't have a man building her up. First off, that's the last thing any woman should be relying on to feel whole or healthy. Rachel seems quite insecure & hopefully she's not going to rely on Jon to keep "building her up" all her life.

Secondly, Darcy most likely already had serious issues before Jesse.  Usually people with issues find each other, & often they stay together creating even bigger issues. One of them has to finally say enough & walk away (for Darcy & Jesse it's most likely when the TLC gravy train stops).

• Love 7
On 9/20/2018 at 9:29 AM, eatsleep said:

Not sure why any father would willingly go along w/ having child moved thousands of miles away.

Just a bad, bad situation w/ no good solutions :(

I agree with you, and even though I could not bear the idea of not seeing my kids every day, if I truly met my 'soulmate' and wanted to move across the world, I would do the only fair thing. I would allow my ex to have custody with the assumption that I could have her all summer and spring break (and trade off winter vacationO. Given they have 50/50 custody, Ella's Dad is clearly an okay guy. It's not right to punish him for Rachel's emotional attachments. That is the only custody outcome that I think is reasonable.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:51 AM, LGGirl said:

Agree 1000%.  Rachel strikes me as someone who lacks common sense, and is more in love with the fairytale.  

There is no way in hell Jon will be granted a visa into the US unless someone forks out a lot of money for a lawyer.  

Holy smokes, I have learned so much in the last two days from other sites. I dislike being manipulated on this show, but now that I have seen the bigger picture, everything Rachel does makes sense. Of course Rachel will bring Lucy. I would have too given the bio father she's mentioned isn't involved so it's not like anyone can look after Lucy for ten days. I took my firstborn with me everywhere. It was wonderful.

• Love 1

Why should her father have to sacrifice huge chunks of his daughters growing up years to allow Rachel to play out some fairy tale fantasy love story?  Especially with a guy with s history of violence. 

If  Rachel can’t live without her Kareoke soulmate, then let her move to England and come back to the US periodically to see Ella. Or she could stay here with her kids and visit Jon a few times a year. Once Ella is out of high school, Rachel can head over to the UK with 10 yr old Lucy and live out her fairy tale.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Why should her father have to sacrifice huge chunks of his daughters growing up years to allow Rachel to play out some fairy tale fantasy love story?  Especially with a guy with s history of violence. 

If  Rachel can’t live without her Kareoke soulmate, then let her move to England and come back to the US periodically to see Ella. Or she could stay here with her kids and visit Jon a few times a year. Once Ella is out of high school, Rachel can head over to the UK with 10 yr old Lucy and live out her fairy tale.  

That's what happens when you split from the other parent of your child.  Really, the custody arrangement should be all about what is best for the child.  Without knowing any of the people involved personally, and only knowing Rachel from TV, I can't say what that is.  However, I don't think the idea of Ella spending the school year with her dad and summers with her mom is an unreasonable ask of the father.  If their current arrangement is 50-50, then he's actually getting a lot more than that, just with the time parameters changing.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

That's what happens when you split from the other parent of your child.  Really, the custody arrangement should be all about what is best for the child.  Without knowing any of the people involved personally, and only knowing Rachel from TV, I can't say what that is.  However, I don't think the idea of Ella spending the school year with her dad and summers with her mom is an unreasonable ask of the father.  If their current arrangement is 50-50, then he's actually getting a lot more than that, just with the time parameters changing.

Your idea isn’t unreasonable if Ella were much older or much younger,  but at her age she’s going to realize that her mom is choosing  a man and her baby sister over her. Between the time difference and the physical distance, her mom might well miss many opportunities to see and speak to her daughter, and internet chats and phone calls are not the same to an 8 year old. 

I feel that a mother’s commitment to her child should come first over any man. If their love is so “true” they should be able to survive on Video chats and periodic visits till Ella is at least out of high school. She might even want to go to university in the UK. 

But with Jon’s history I would never agree to her going to the UK for any length of time, not when I would be unable to get to her quickly if any issue arose. Let Jon prove himself to be a changed man. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I doubt they could afford the airfare for either solution.

• Love 2
Just now, magemaud said:

Anybody else doubts their relationship will last THAT long? 

I guess what will happen to Ella is a moot point, since the gods and the stars are determined to keep the love birds apart. 

Soon Jon will be singing  Karaoke duets with a tall, thin, blond and defending women’s honor on Saturday nights.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 9/29/2018 at 5:37 PM, silverspoons said:

Any ring that you put a rider on is seperate and is worth more then $1500. Our house got hit by lightening last year. It damaged our Modem, DVR, one computer and sprinkler system. Our ded. was $1000. They accessed the damage at $1250 and warned us about higher rates if we filed so I did not file. My husband fixed the sprinkler system and computer for under $50 , got a new modem for $90 and a DVR $300. The difference is if I lost my ring , it is now valued at over $10k, so I would gladly pay $1k ded to get $9k towards anew ring. I shocked me how much diamond and gold prices have gone up since my husband bought the ring. 

There is limited  coverage for jewelry .On a basic policy it is $1,000 and subject to the policy deductible.  It is not part of the personal property limit on the policy.   If you have a $10,000 ring, you would not be getting $9k.   

You should get a valuable articles policy.  

Edited by Bubbles1967
  • Useful 1

If Rachel really wants to change her circumstances, why not give up custody of her daughter and move to England?  She can establish herself there and have her daughter summers and holiday vacations.  Men do this all the time without judgement. 

If she remains separated from her love she will be forever unhappy and resentful of her daughter. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bubbles1967 said:

There is limited  coverage for jewelry .On a basic policy it is $1,000 and subject to the policy deductible.  It is not part of the personal property limit on the policy.   If you have a $10,000 ring, you would not be getting $9k.   

You should get a valuable articles policy.  

My original comment said I put a rider on it. I just moved so it is $32 a year for a ring valued at 10k (every couple years I get the ring re-apprised, I had no idea how much they go up in value). I was just saying that when my house was hit by lightening it was not worth it to file because of the 1k ded, since the damage was small but I would file if I lost my ring (or the other items I have a rider on, my son's computer has a rider to because it is worth over 5k since he has a disability and it is made for him). 

I brought it up because Rachel should not have to worry about a ring. I live in the southwest as well, and if my 10k ring is under $3 a month to insure, I;m sure she could afford to insure a ring from Jon. Maybe she does not even know such coverage exists? Insurance companies don't push extras (surprisingly). I wish we had more backstory on Rachel. Curious to know what she does for a job and why her family relationships are strained. My brother in law just left Alb. NM , transfer his job back , because he was unhappy there. Ironically he was in his late 30's and looking for love and was 100% willing to be with a women with kids (since he spent so much time on his career and regrets not starting a family sooner). So Rachel there was a good man or more out there in the US. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

Your idea isn’t unreasonable if Ella were much older or much younger,  but at her age she’s going to realize that her mom is choosing  a man and her baby sister over her.

...and every relative will mention it at every possible moment.  She will never be allowed to think it was anything but abandonment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 6:57 AM, AussieBabe said:

Yeah, the whole thing just sounds like the ramblings of a love struck teenage girl. Not a grown woman with two children. Rachel seems really immature. Actually, all the Americans on this show (ok and some of the foreign fiancés too) are sooo incredibly awkward.  So many of them remind me of the men I met during my brief, yet horrible foray into online dating.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, MrFluffy said:

Good grief Rachel! Most people are still friends with long-ago exes. If this is the way you're going, you will live a very lonely existence, the three of you.

And how on earth do two minimum-wage workers -- if she even bothers to work (I assume baby daddies support her and that was the strategy with getting preggers) -- rent a luxe cotswalds cottage for a WEEK? Boy do I feel for the two NM baby daddies.

And Rachel seems to have an obsession with her head and face. Besides the incessant eye bugger thing, sniffling, scrunching of the face, crying twirling and flipping the hair...something ain't right there.

My ex-husband was at my dad's memorial a couple of weeks ago. HE knew my dad for 28 years, we have a child together...... I didn't think twice about him being there. But that is somewhat different than a wedding. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1

Rachel reminds me of one of those people who is so absolutely committed to having her way and in such total denial, that nothing would interfere with her plans. Jon could be arrested for being a serial killer and she'd go ahead and marry him, with plans to visit him in prison for the rest of her life.  I mean, red flags mean nothing.  And, then later down the road, horrific things happen and she will likely say, well, yeah, I did notice that ..........., but, I just didn't think anything of it.  Or, I thought it would get better after we got married.  I don't have much patience for it.  Fine if you're single, but, sacrificing your children, when they have no say is just WRONG. Jon obviously has problems dealing with personal conflict.  I guess she'll see how that works out long term. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I think Rachel enjoys the "unfairness" of the universe in that it allows her to be the center of attention and provides the drama that is necessary for her to always be a "victim" of circumstances.  She could have easily asked Jon why he was contacting an ex when she was snooping inadvertantly notified of an alert on her computer, but, instead, chose to stew in it, have numerous talking heads about it, and then addressing it WHILE DRIVING.  I thought Jon's response was reasonable, but she continued to make demands and be hurt.  Also, while they were driving, and she was obviously in charge of directions as she was hold the phone with gps, she said left but pointed right.  Nothing good is going to come from such a mixed message.  I think Jon is just realizing that maybe Rachel isn't his dream girl after all.  Funny how building a relationship based on camera filters and kareoke might not lend itself to the most solid of foundations.  Rachel also seems to set a lot of boundaries for Jon when he hasn't (at least on camera) set any boundaries for her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Rachel reminds me of one of those people who is so absolutely committed to having her way and in such total denial, that nothing would interfere with her plans. Jon could be arrested for being a serial killer and she'd go ahead and marry him, with plans to visit him in prison for the rest of her life.  I mean, red flags mean nothing.  And, then later down the road, horrific things happen and she will likely say, well, yeah, I did notice that ..........., but, I just didn't think anything of it.  Or, I thought it would get better after we got married.  I don't have much patience for it.  Fine if you're single, but, sacrificing your children, when they have no say is just WRONG. Jon obviously has problems dealing with personal conflict.  I guess she'll see how that works out long term. 

I don't think Rachel would have a problem with Jon serial killing his ex-girlfriends.

Edited by Gobi
Mistake
  • Love 3
On 9/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, iwasish said:

I feel that a mother’s commitment to her child should come first over any man. If their love is so “true” they should be able to survive on Video chats and periodic visits till Ella is at least out of high school. She might even want to go to university in the UK. 

But with Jon’s history I would never agree to her going to the UK for any length of time, not when I would be unable to get to her quickly if any issue arose. Let Jon prove himself to be a changed man. 

Now I am really annoyed. Since Lucy is "supposedly" Jon's biological daughter, Rachel may as well move to England and have her other daughter for the Holidays. Or break up and stay in the States and send Lucy to Jon for holidays. I hate being played!!

• Love 1

The timeline is being messed with in their story. They're presenting it as Rachel traveled to see him for the 'first time' around the holidays. We know they married in the UK in June, which is how they're presenting this current trip - as the second one to marry. But that's five months from the last trip, & Lucy hasn't changed a bit. Five months in a baby's first year is huge. So I don't know what they're trying to pull or why, but this is all off.

Also I don't believe it was "two months" since she had seen Jon when she was talking to the lawyer in the last episode, because there were still obvious Christmas decorations up, which would've been early March. Maybe she doesn't take her decor down, but that still doesn't explain there being no change in Lucy after several months of her first year.

• Love 3
On 9/30/2018 at 8:08 PM, silverspoons said:

I brought it up because Rachel should not have to worry about a ring. I live in the southwest as well, and if my 10k ring is under $3 a month to insure, I;m sure she could afford to insure a ring from Jon. Maybe she does not even know such coverage exists? Insurance companies don't push extras (surprisingly). I wish we had more backstory on Rachel. Curious to know what she does for a job and why her family relationships are strained. My brother in law just left Alb. NM , transfer his job back , because he was unhappy there. Ironically he was in his late 30's and looking for love and was 100% willing to be with a women with kids (since he spent so much time on his career and regrets not starting a family sooner). So Rachel there was a good man or more out there in the US. 

Rachel was not worried about losing a diamond from her ring. She's embarrassed that her husband bought her a cheap ring that doesn't contain a diamond and that viewers are commenting on that scornfully. She she makes up a long convoluted explanation to justify the cheap ring and attempt to shame us for being so shallow. Ever since she told the obvious lies about "needing to fix something on Jon's social media," I think Rachel is full of crapola.

On 9/30/2018 at 7:29 PM, hisbunkie said:

If Rachel really wants to change her circumstances, why not give up custody of her daughter and move to England?  She can establish herself there and have her daughter summers and holiday vacations.  Men do this all the time without judgement. 

If she remains separated from her love she will be forever unhappy and resentful of her daughter. 

I'm not sure if your comment is facetious or for real! lol Most mothers would never choose to move away from their children, I think for both social and psychological reasons. She should have cut ties w/ Jon when he first told her he wouldn't be able to enter the use on a travel visa for Lucy's delivery! I HATE the way she and Jon keep mentioning each other and Lucy as the only members of the family! It's like a foreshadowing of Ella being left behind permanently. 

On 10/1/2018 at 12:37 AM, MrFluffy said:

Good grief Rachel! Most people are still friends with long-ago exes. If this is the way you're going, you will live a very lonely existence, the three of you.

And how on earth do two minimum-wage workers -- if she even bothers to work (I assume baby daddies support her and that was the strategy with getting preggers) -- rent a luxe cotswalds cottage for a WEEK? Boy do I feel for the two NM baby daddies.

Isn't Rachel and accountant? I don't think garbage workers do that badly, at least not in the US. It's a civil service job that comes w/ longevity raises, opportunities for overtime, benefits, etc. And hopefully, Jon has been able to stack his chips while living w mum...although daycare is expensive!

On 10/1/2018 at 1:37 AM, Emkat said:

Jon and Lucy have the same eyes. I really think he is her bio dad. 

Really? To me, the is the spitting image of Rachel.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:27 AM, libgirl2 said:

My ex-husband was at my dad's memorial a couple of weeks ago. HE knew my dad for 28 years, we have a child together...... I didn't think twice about him being there. But that is somewhat different than a wedding. 

How did your current partner feel about this? Did you have to ask him first if it would be OK? Sorry to hear about your dad.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

How did your current partner feel about this? Did you have to ask him first if it would be OK? Sorry to hear about your dad.

My current husband was okay with it. He also felt that this was my ex's son's grandfather and a big part of his life. He was also fine with the other ex family members who came. They all loved my dad. My husband just said they had better behave..... and they did. 

• Love 7