Type keyword(s) to search

Rachel & Jon: Bearded in Britain

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I've had two youthful divorces and 20+ years of working my ass off to make the marriage I'm in work while raising two (now adult) children. Add to this weeks of "stay home stay safe" with my (admittedly wonderful but also human) husband while I work (I'm a writer/editor/author who works 50+ hours a week from home during non-pandemic times and have worked even more in recent weeks because book deadlines). Then toss in being unable to travel every other month as is customary for us, and I'd say the Jon and Rachel arrangement sounds AMAZING. But I'd deny it if Mr. Whammies discovered this post and asked me if I'd written it. 🙂

I'm an author, too, and spend my time in a similar fashion. I have a 300sq ft building on our farm that's been converted into a writing studio for me, but it's basically a little house. Sometimes the kids and I sleep out there, sometimes if my husband is up late working on his podcast he does. We're both introverts who enjoy being together but also really like our own space. 

My mom hasn't dated in more than 30 years and she thinks Jon and Rachel's situation looks fabulous. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm an author, too, and spend my time in a similar fashion. I have a 300sq ft building on our farm that's been converted into a writing studio for me, but it's basically a little house. Sometimes the kids and I sleep out there, sometimes if my husband is up late working on his podcast he does. We're both introverts who enjoy being together but also really like our own space. 

My mom hasn't dated in more than 30 years and she thinks Jon and Rachel's situation looks fabulous. 

It’s great for those who would enjoy the time apart. But it seems Jon is happier with the arrangement than Rachel is. I have a feeling she suspects he still enjoys his time spent in the pub. And I think so too. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Good for them, obviously not enough drama between them for a follow up appearance.

Now that Lucy is older  I don't think she looks like Jon at all, never really did.  If Lucy calls me c*nt on IG then I will see the resemblance!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Now that Lucy is older  I don't think she looks like Jon at all, never really did.  If Lucy calls me c*nt on IG then I will see the resemblance!

She shouldn't...he isn't her biological father. Or, wait, at some point did they say she resembled him despite NOT being his bio daughter?? LOL 

7 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

She shouldn't...he isn't her biological father. Or, wait, at some point did they say she resembled him despite NOT being his bio daughter?? LOL 

I never believed they knew each other before.  I thought Lucy then, and now, looks A LOT like her mother.  I do believe he is a fighty underemployed drinker who likes to cuss at women online.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I never believed they knew each other before.  I thought Lucy then, and now, looks A LOT like her mother.  I do believe he is a fighty underemployed drinker who likes to cuss at women online.

What do you mean by underemployed? Not a word I've ever come across so I'm genuinely interested in what the meaning is exactly.

On 1/12/2022 at 4:03 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

What do you mean by underemployed? Not a word I've ever come across so I'm genuinely interested in what the meaning is exactly.

My memory (which is weak) was he had a good job at a recycle center and left it for a less paying job. 

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
5 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I am 100% underemployed.  I have several degrees, but am working in a job that has shifted to no advancement (for anyone) opportunities, no salary increases (beyond the 1% every other year).  For all the companies out there hiring, many of us are not getting calls.  It happens.  It also doesn't mean we're lazy or bad at our jobs (as is most often the assumption).  :). Hope that helps.

I also would guess people like Elizabeth/Libby are underemployed intentionally so they can keep their schedules open for filming this trash. 

Jon, however, seems to be desperately searching for a job where he can call people names online.  I honestly don't know if that would make him underemployed or in a role he is grossly overqualified for.  *shrug*

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I am not sure how much longer I would continue to invest in this. In her eyes, he must be worth it. Guess she will wait for her oldest kid to turn 18 before moving to the UK. The time, the expense, the low probability of him getting a visa. Love the guy but….

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/30/2023 at 3:04 PM, Frozendiva said:

I am not sure how much longer I would continue to invest in this. In her eyes, he must be worth it. Guess she will wait for her oldest kid to turn 18 before moving to the UK. The time, the expense, the low probability of him getting a visa. Love the guy but….

Sunken cost fallacy. She will double down just to prove everyone wrong. 

• Like 4
On 12/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, Frozendiva said:

I don’t remember this couple that well- does she share custody of her eldest with the father in the states? Is there a reason she has tried to move to the UK?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t remember this couple that well- does she share custody of her eldest with the father in the states? Is there a reason she has tried to move to the UK?

Because of his criminal background, Jon will never be allowed to move to the U.S.  So, if Rachel wants to be with him, she'll have to move there.    However, the oldest child's father isn't going to allow her to move to the UK, so Rachel either stays in the U.S. or leaves her oldest daughter behind.   Then, the UK has raised the sponsor income amount for importing a spouse, so Jon may not be able to get a visa for Rachel and the youngest anyway. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Because of his criminal background, Jon will never be allowed to move to the U.S.  So, if Rachel wants to be with him, she'll have to move there.    However, the oldest child's father isn't going to allow her to move to the UK, so Rachel either stays in the U.S. or leaves her oldest daughter behind.   Then, the UK has raised the sponsor income amount for importing a spouse, so Jon may not be able to get a visa for Rachel and the youngest anyway. 

Credit where it's due, you make him sound like Ronnie Biggs & not some guy who got into a drunken fight and ended up getting arrested. I'm not convinced he only has the one conviction for the same thing but if he does he may well be able to get here eventually hence the more paperwork comment as they always seem to ask for more paperwork even if you're squeaky clean (like me 😄).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Shrek said:

Credit where it's due, you make him sound like Ronnie Biggs & not some guy who got into a drunken fight and ended up getting arrested. I'm not convinced he only has the one conviction for the same thing but if he does he may well be able to get here eventually hence the more paperwork comment as they always seem to ask for more paperwork even if you're squeaky clean (like me 😄).

If I remember correctly he was arrested multiple times for getting into bar fights that were never his fault. I believe he caused a serious eye injury, hence his fairly serious conviction. In his own words he got into 50 or 60 fights, all provoked of course, resulting in 5 convictions. It isn’t one incident…more of a history of violence for which he blames everyone else and accepts zero responsibility 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

for which he blames everyone else and accepts zero responsibility

The casting call for every version of the 90 Day franchise. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
18 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

These two have lived apart for so many years that they probably aren’t the same people they were when they fell in love anymore.  Finally get together and it’s hello stranger.

Butbutbut they’re soulmates!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7
21 hours ago, Shrek said:

They may well be, I'm impressed they're still together.

Yea, I laugh, but interesting point if you believe in soulmates. 

• Like 1

I haven't read each and every post here, so forgive me if this has been suggested but would he be able to get to Mexico? 

Seems like he could really enter no problem if he can get somewhere that lets him in from England.......

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Shrek said:

I'm guessing that the site is messed up again because I wrote a long reply to this yesterday.

There was a message yesterday that a lot of posts were lost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1