Type keyword(s) to search

Rachel & Jon: Bearded in Britain

• Start Topic

I get the feeling Rachel likes Jon because he would stand up for her. She has talked about past men not treating her well and cheating. I think she is embaressed or tries to hide that Jon still has a temper but she likes that if she is out with him that he will yell at anyone that disrespects her. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I get the feeling Rachel likes Jon because he would stand up for her. She has talked about past men not treating her well and cheating. I think she is embaressed or tries to hide that Jon still has a temper but she likes that if she is out with him that he will yell at anyone that disrespects her. 

Oh jeez, she’s one of those? I wonder if she sets up scenarios by being snippy or rude to people and when someone gives it back to her she runs to tell Jon they were disrespecting her. Ugh 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

For $30 Rachel or Jon will wish you a happy birthday, anniversary, etc. I can't with these two. Charging "fans?" You're not famous...

Does it cost extra for them to call a loved one a c*nt? Just asking for a friend...

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

Does it cost extra for them to call a loved one a c*nt? Just asking for a friend...

I read the article about their latest money grab. Jon says you can choose a swearing or non swearing version!

Edited by lovesnark
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

They claim they are doing this to “give back to their fans.” 

I wonder if there’s a vomiting option, upcharge for upchuck perhaps? 

How is charging someone for a stupid voice recording giving back? Seems more like 'taking from'. I'm sure Jon would upchuck, then tell you to fuck off for an extra $10!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

..."the fans who have given Jon and I so much support".  Argh what's with these reality show people who can't get their pronouns right.  

People on reality shows almost always think saying I is "classier" or more grammatical than saying me.  Most of the time they are wrong.  The worst example of this, however, is the completely wrong use of myself - very prevalent in talking heads.  "As for myself...."

• Love 11
On 10/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, Chalby said:

Upon hearing that Jon is the bio dad (presumedly...) it totally makes sense that he was footing the bill for Lucy's daycare. Prior to this I remembered thinking, Wow, what a gem of a man. Paying daycare costs for some other dude's child was such a White-Knight -on -horse -rescuing -damsel type of behaviour.

Regardless, they are still my favourite couple.

I have stumbled upon more posts regarding the topic,  "Jon is Lucy's bio dad",  including a post from Rachel's instagram. All three posts gave me pause in my insistence in believing Jon is Lucy's dad. Rachel insists Jon is NOT the bio dad, and Lucy bonded quickly with him because he has talked to Lucy (in utero) throughout Rachel's pregnancy. As Jon noted, he feels he's Lucy's father, be it bio or not. He states he is secure enough in his 'masculinity', to love Lucy unconditionally. Rachel went on to say that Lucy's 'big brown eyes' are exactly the same as her eyes, but she's not posting her own baby pictures, which is a shame. Then an anonymous poster uploaded an interesting comment stating that Lucy's bio dad had wanted to be involved, but Rachel "suddenly" changed her mind and has made it almost impossible for bio dad to have access to Lucy. which extends to his parents being denied access as well. (The situation with his parents upsets him the most.)  If this is the 'real story' then it's only fair that Lucy's biological family be allowed visiting privileges. Also, if Jon is NOT the bio dad, I apologize and take back all the words/posts I made which supported any claims made on other sites, ie: Soapdirt.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Blizzard said:

..."the fans who have given Jon and I so much support".  Argh what's with these reality show people who can't get their pronouns right.  

Oh Rachel. If that "Jon and" was to be taken out, the fragment would read: "...the fans who have given I so much support.." Now does that make sense, Rach? Given I so much support? The grammar and use of pronouns is scary. I was beyond over hearing, "Me and So-so's relationship." Ughhh. Cringe!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Oh Rachel. If that "Jon and" was to be taken out, the fragment would read: "...the fans who have given I so much support.." Now does that make sense, Rach? Given I so much support? The grammar and use of pronouns is scary. I was beyond over hearing, "Me and So-so's relationship." Ughhh. Cringe!

Exactly!!  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Aussiebabe - I agree completely. While in elementary school, we were taught to use "me" or "I" only if it made sense after you removed the other intro subject. IE: They were so happy for Jon and me (because "They were so happy for me" makes sense) . Jon and I walked downtown (because "I walked downtown" makes sense). I knew this by grade 3, yet I doubt that "I or me" is taught anymore, given all the posts online that make the same mistakes. (Watch... since I wrote a post concerning grammar, someone will spot an error in this post. That's always the way... lol).

• Love 14

Bottom line with Rachel... Does she not own a box of kleenex or a hankie? I find my stomach turns every time she begins to cry because I know what will follow - finger wipes on eyes, followed by finger wipes on nose, back to eyes and so on. It's truly disgusting and I don't understand why she's not better prepared.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I could not believe it when I saw this, ugh. Danielle has one, too, charging $40, and Nicole us charging $50 on hers!

I wonder if anyone is dumb enough to pay. 

I sure hope no one is willing to pay. This will only reinforce their delusions of grandeur, and/or importance.  It would be wonderful if nobody subscribed to this nonsense, forcing them to re-evaluate their idiotic existences. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I sure hope no one is willing to pay. This will only reinforce their delusions of grandeur, and/or importance.  It would be wonderful if nobody subscribed to this nonsense, forcing them to re-evaluate their idiotic existences. 

Face it, we are enablers. LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/16/2018 at 7:45 AM, AussieBabe said:
For $30 Rachel or Jon will wish you a happy birthday, anniversary, etc. I can't with these two. Charging "fans?" You're not famous...

After following these two all season, I have come to the conclusion that neither of them is well-educated (regardless of Jon's assertion that he attended college). Neither of them can speak properly, nor do they have any apparent "skills" to find adequate employment. I also don't believe Jon truly wants to move to the States. What on earth would he do for employment? I am at the point where I do not even want an update on these two. (Except if there is a disclosure that Jon is Lucy's bio dad, lol.)

• Love 3

for $ 30, Jon will wish you a "Happy Fuckin' Birthday." What is he, 12 years old? 

I can see Rachel exploiting Lucy for their recorded wishes program, people might pay to have her gurgle out a birthday wish. 

As for the claims of Lucy bonding with Jon, I think she's just an easy going baby who probably smiles at everyone. She's used to seeing him on Skype, which to her could be similar to watching a children's television program and interacting with a familiar face like Mr. Rogers. 

I'm also voting that Jon is NOT Lucy's bio dad, especially based solely on comparing their baby pictures. I really don't think Rachel could have afforded to fly to England at her own expense, meet Jon in person, and get pregnant before applying to be on the show. I'm sure the woman who claims her married son is Lucy's bio dad and Rachel's own mother could put an end to the speculation and paint a totally different picture than the couple's supposed "Fairy Tale." The fact that Rachel doesn't have a relationship with her own mother is a big red flag to me like Mom wanted no part of this whole phony story. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I really don't think Rachel could have afforded to fly to England at her own expense, meet Jon in person, and get pregnant before applying to be on the show. 

They do have a history of sending biomatter through the mails...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Another rule is "I" should be used at the beginning of the sentence and "me" at the end. Unfortunately, this seems to be an epidemic on reality TV. Even where I work, a co-worker/friend always starts sentences with "me" - "Me and Simon just bought a new house..." It makes me cringe, because it's a really professional environment and I think she is judged by the way she speaks and it holds her back.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I had a teacher who said take out the other person's name and see if it makes sense. So me and Simon bought a house would be me bought a house. 

Exactly. That is an easy rule to remember. Or "I" at the beginning of the sentence, "me" at the end.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

After following these two all season, I have come to the conclusion that neither of them is well-educated (regardless of Jon's assertion that he attended college). Neither of them can speak properly, nor do they have any apparent "skills" to find adequate employment. I also don't believe Jon truly wants to move to the States. What on earth would he do for employment? I am at the point where I do not even want an update on these two. (Except if there is a disclosure that Jon is Lucy's bio dad, lol.)

going to college doesn't make a person intelligent or job material anymore, no matter what schools they attended.

I kinda want to pay for jon to cuss me out.

and I don't think it matters who the biodad is.

Edited by pollywood
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, pollywood said:

going to college doesn't make a person intelligent or job material anymore, no matter what schools they attended.

I kinda want to pay for jon to cuss me out.

and I don't think it matters who the biodad is.

The first sentence is very true and I don't care who the biodad is either.  But I wouldn't pay three cents to have Jon curse me out.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

Bottom line with Rachel... Does she not own a box of kleenex or a hankie? I find my stomach turns every time she begins to cry because I know what will follow - finger wipes on eyes, followed by finger wipes on nose, back to eyes and so on. It's truly disgusting and I don't understand why she's not better prepared.

I switch between calling her Eyore and Snot Girl

• Love 1

I don't think Jon is the biological dad either but I do think she had visited him before or the first meeting was staged. Half  the fun of watching these shows for me is figuring out the editing and what is true and what is not. Lots of "reality" TV is filmed near me and is so edited and half truths and TLC (or sharp or figure 8) is the worst at telling the truth.  I don't think we would have the whole grandma on SM talking about the relationship and it sounded so real to me. The grandma said her son was still married to someone else when Rachel got pregnant with Lucy. Why wouldn't Rachel want Jon to be the dad instead of being in another stressful situation with a baby daddy that has 4 other kids and an (ex) wife. The fairy tale is you have a daddy from birth that lives with you till you leave for college and that is what Rachel wanted. She did not get the fairy tale father with her first child and she wanted it with Lucy. I have wondered if she used some of that money that she raised to get the real dad's rights terminated? I can actually understand her wanting the fairy tale (not sure if Jon is really a prince). 

My gut prediction is Jon gets to come here and then gets into some sort of fight(s) quickly and the fairy tale ends. Not to generalize but I live in a landlocked city in the  southwest like Rachel, we are currently having the world senior games and many Europeans are here and there are lots of things done differently here that they complain about or just think is wrong or weird. Of course most just have a conversation about it. I can see Jon being mad about our low funded school system, disrespectful youth on the street, public transit,  the cost of healthcare, or just the availability of certain products. I cant see Jon living here for years without getting angry about something. 

• Love 1

I’m curious as to who prepared for Jon’s lovely teeth.  No man who is been in that many fights that are as violent as they were has a full set of pearly white choppers.  Maybe the teeth are part of his debts.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

"Me and Azan..." Another pet peeve of mine is when they make "I" possessive like, "Jon and I's relationship." 

This is off-topic but I have also noticed that many people on t.v. use the phrase, "I could care less" which had me questioning whether or not I have been saying it correctly as I have always said, "I couldn't care less".  To me, 'could care less" means there's still room not to care. Sheesh, reality tv.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

This is off-topic but I have also noticed that many people on t.v. use the phrase, "I could care less" which had me questioning whether or not I have been saying it correctly as I have always said, "I couldn't care less".  To me, 'could care less" means there's still room not to care. Sheesh, reality tv.

Copy writer here (though my language skills on this board are atrocious, I blame the wine) 'could care less is incorrect.....for some reason this drives me crazy.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Copy writer here (though my language skills on this board are atrocious, I blame the wine) 'could care less is incorrect.....for some reason this drives me crazy.

This is also a MAJOR pet peeve of mine - glad I'm not the only one who is wondering if any of these people even passed the fourth grade!  

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, pinky33 said:

As a grammar nerd, reading all the posts here from fellow grammar nerds makes watching these shows tolerable!

Mentally correcting all of these people is exhausting.

Sorry if I'm getting way off topic, but I thought my fellow grammar nerds would get a chuckle out of this: image.png.fdb953a440782cbe899f3e1a3bcf3270.png

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This is also a MAJOR pet peeve of mine - glad I'm not the only one who is wondering if any of these people even passed the fourth grade!  

Passed? More likely they never reached it!!!

• Love 1

The Best Snark on The Internets and  Grammar Talk?  Oh my.  Is it getting warm in here?  I truly have found my people. 

Let me add one of my faves that I hear my co-workers use on the daily:  "I seen Jon down at the pub again tonight."  Total nails- on- a -chalkboard situation for me.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

The Best Snark on The Internets and  Grammar Talk?  Oh my.  Is it getting warm in here?  I truly have found my people. 

Let me add one of my faves that I hear my co-workers use on the daily:  "I seen Jon down at the pub again tonight."  Total nails- on- a -chalkboard situation for me.

I see your seen and raise you one romantical and one athletical.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3