Type keyword(s) to search

Rachel & Jon: Bearded in Britain

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

And when you're 2 weeks from being MARRIED, you should NEVER speak the word "LOVE" to or about anyone other than your prospective partner. EVER! 

My question is what makes Jon so appealing that he had so many girlfriends, I don't see it. A convicted drunk with a violent streak (at least back then)? No thanks

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5

Other question is, why doesn't Rachel just move to England and be done with it?  If older daughter is in a safe, happy, healthy place: just move. Dads do it all the time! Kids turn out fine or not.  Rachel seems so interested in little Lucy having a "dad" that it's justified to consider moving.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2018 at 10:50 PM, iwasish said:

Jon’s remarks make me think he is still itching for a fight. Maybe fighting is an outlet for his insecurities over his own size, both height and length. And at this point in his and Rachels situation, he shouldn’t be giving the government any reason to look sideways at him. Hed better keep that temper in check at the tell all too.

I don’t much care for Jesse, but I don’t see him as getting physical. I can see Jon, looking for the smallest excuse to jump up and start swinging. 

I would be curious how many of his 5 assault charges and countless altercations had alcohol involved. My spidey senses say the drink is at play with his temper and alcohol were involved. 

On 10/4/2018 at 3:46 PM, iwasish said:

Personally I think Jon is strange. Maybe he’s getting older and  his reputation is keeping local women from considering him as a partner, so  he latched on to Rachel. She’s his online Karaoke buddy and I’m sure she shared some of her hard luck life story, then she gets knocked up and he gets drawn into her drama. He thinks he’s saving a damsel in distress. Like his BS about all his fights being over sticking up for women, its all about making himself look good. Rachel wants to think her luck has changed, her knight in shining armor has arrived!!!  He’s sending her money for daycare!!  Off she goes to meet him, he’s cute! She likes him, the sex is good!! 

I can see Jon being perfectly happy with getting married and her living in the US while they wait for the visa to be approved. He can continue his boozing and chasing women and then have his late night chats with Rachel. 

Many red  flags popped up on this visit. Sudden mention of ex and inviting her to the dinner, quick temper, can’t handle stress. 

He is a loose cannon. 

I completely agree that he is strange. He's lived single home with mom for a long time, when it was easy to skip out to a bar free as a bird,  there is a LOT adjustment down the road for "Chun". Her voice drives me bananas. 

On 10/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, ALittleShelfish said:

Well I've already seen Shaun Robinson's insta where she posts a pic from the reunion, so we know SHE is there and as a direct result.... we will get exactly ZERO answers.  

How come the tall girl in the small chair who did the live chat last week can't host? I saw some comments that others didn't like her but I did. She went for the questions we want to know at least! 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Other question is, why doesn't Rachel just move to England and be done with it?  If older daughter is in a safe, happy, healthy place: just move. Dads do it all the time! Kids turn out fine or not.  Rachel seems so interested in little Lucy having a "dad" that it's justified to consider moving.

I don’t think she wants to. She wants to keep her life as is,(with Ella/Lucy, her home etc) and have Jon move to NM. 

I don’t think wanting to move would make her an awful mother, BUT I also understand why she wouldn’t want to be so far from Ella and her life in the states. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think she wants to. She wants to keep her life as is,(with Ella/Lucy, her home etc) and have Jon move to NM. 

I don’t think wanting to move would make her an awful mother, BUT I also understand why she wouldn’t want to be so far from Ella and her life in the states. 

I doubt she wants to live in Jon’s moms house and I doubt he can afford much else. Plus I think she wants him away from the pubs and the life style that lead to the fighting. 

Has she even considered what she will do with him in the US? Will his criminal record in the UK keep him from getting work once he gets a green card? Can she support him while he gets some education towards a career here, if money is tight for her just as a single mom and he isn’t working,  and he can’t contribute to Lucy’s daycare, will he be a stay at home dad?  Do they even have a plan? She was already expressing serious doubts about trusting him... with two failed relationships behind her, why isn’t she trusting her own gut? 

I think he’s bringing the talk of the ex and inviting her to the party as a reason to annoy her. Maybe he has cold feet and wants out?

My instincts tell me he is not all Rachel thinks he is and it’s not going to work out well. 

• Love 4
On 10/4/2018 at 10:23 PM, Meowwww said:

Not here in Wisconsin.  It’s a 10$ an hour job. 

Red flag to me is how pissed he got after Rachel told him to turn left.  And he blamed her for putting the ex in his mind.  

My mother often had a saying, "short men carry big chips." She said that she found height-disabled men feel they have to put on a more machismo/ fighter attitude to ensure they appear to be powerful to other men and women. I only ever dated one fellow shorter than me and he was always responding with his fists if a man so much as looked at me, or gave attitude. It was so annoying I didn't last more than 2 weeks.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 4:44 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Wow I didn't know that.  So Jon is Lucy's father.  When did they get together???  I thought this was her first trip abroad when they met up.  I too like them as a couple but have myself set for trouble ahead as usually happens on these reality shows.

I cannot remember the two sites I saw that stated this but when I just googled now, some site named soapdirt had an article. Not sure the site name. 

On 10/4/2018 at 7:26 AM, iwasish said:

So Lucy looking like Jon means nothing. 

True enough! My brother's stepson looks more like him than his biological kids. I love it (and so does his current wife.)

• Love 1
On 10/5/2018 at 7:46 AM, AZChristian said:

On the show, it appeared that he was just angry because of the traffic and his concern about missing his flight. 

And didn't Darcy (Darcey?) choose an offbeat route...one she thought would be faster?

On 10/5/2018 at 9:22 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

My question is what makes Jon so appealing that he had so many girlfriends, I don't see it.

I think he's a cute guy--great eyes (until one looks closer).  He probably approaches every girl he sees, so he does occasionally score.  Maybe he's also the local Karaoke hero (onstage) whose romances rarely last. His strong aversion to wearing a wedding ring (and proclaims men do not wear jewellery*) made me watch his affect closely.  He gets a blank stare too often. I think he truly is a dim bulb!  Maybe has slight brain damage from brawls.  How/when did he get into university and what he was studying?  

*The British spelling?  On the sign of the jewelry store.

18 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

what he was studying?  

Good question. Why are his student loans so high ? First of all, he was kicked out of university, second of all, he is already 34. I am guessing that TLC definitely made up this new little tidbit to make their story have more struggle. 

1 hour ago, Lily247 said:

Good question. Why are his student loans so high ? First of all, he was kicked out of university, second of all, he is already 34. I am guessing that TLC definitely made up this new little tidbit to make their story have more struggle. 

https://thecollegeinvestor.com/13871/student-loans-different-uk-vs-us/

this website has a lot of info on UK student loans. 

Jon says his check is garnished. Unless garnishments are taken at a much higher %, the most he would have to pay on a voluntary basis would be 9% of his annual salary(in excess of 21 thousand) so if he was earning 25 thousand he would pay 9% of 4 thousand  or 360 per year 30 per month.

i think he’s full of shit and quit his job or lost it for other reasons. And I don’t think he’s worked for a while. He thinks his only contribution is for Lucy’s daycare. That’s all he’s paid til now, why would be send her more than that? She’s going to end up paying all the expenses for the visa and pay for tickets over there every few months. 

She got scammed.

• Love 2

I just found all the 90DF pages on instagram (snark pages) as well as cast pages. I don't know if it was mentioned in previous posts here, but Jon and Rachel have a joint instagram, and one or both of them are quite fond of calling people C U Next Tuesday. Rachel is not the sweet girl she acts like on the show.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I just found all the 90DF pages on instagram (snark pages) as well as cast pages. I don't know if it was mentioned in previous posts here, but Jon and Rachel have a joint instagram, and one or both of them are quite fond of calling people C U Next Tuesday. Rachel is not the sweet girl she acts like on the show.

I didn't think she was when I saw last weeks preview. She looks like a fighter herself. 

• Love 3

And this is the Jon who was felt the need to go to battle week after week defending women who were being abused or insulted by someone?  And now he’s slinging the CU next Tuesday word......what a phony.  And Rachel’s a twat.

• Love 10

If you ever watch Judge Judy she has lots of folks on her show that are living on the government by saying they are 'students'.  Evidently it's some kind of 'welfare' system to promote literacy.  Heck they use that monthly check for many things per that show.

Not sure if they give everything away over in the UK like they do here. 

On 10/8/2018 at 2:21 PM, Lily247 said:

We are asking more questions and doing more research into something that doesn’t really affect us than Rachel, whose entire future (and that of her 2 kids) is at stake, can be bothered to do. Anything that puts a cloud on her fairy tale is just ignored.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Their responses to people on social media are nasty. Calling people c--nts and everything else isn't cool. If you're not romanticising their love story, they'll attack you on IG and Twitter.

To be fair, the word is much more commonly used in England than the US, and isn't considered anywhere near as offensive. Still, surprised Rachel would use it so easily.

My God, did I just defend someone from this show?

Edited by Gobi
Content
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

To be fair, the word is much more commonly used in England than the US, and isn't considered anywhere near as offensive. Still, surprised Rachel would use it so easily.

Shows what an ass Jon really is. An anonymous poster can get under his skin that quickly? If that is an example of his behavior, he doesn’t deserve a visa, spousal or any other, let Rachel sacrifice and move there.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Gobi said:

Don't feel bad, I was thinking the same thing re: CU next tuesday. Jon and Rachel are compelled to be together because other actual Hobbits are too hard to find in the wild.

• Love 4
On 10/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, Gobi said:

Same! I was like hmmmmm....want to make this point, yet don't want to defend these dolts....what a quandry....

Wow those posts show what giant assholes they both really are.

• Love 4
On 2018-10-10 at 11:43 PM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I always thought she was a bit of an ass.Way too into herself, little regard for her first child, all this immature fairytale talk. How old are we Rachel, 12? She always reminded me of the type that is sweet in person, then passionately trash talks you behind your back and leaves cryptic messages on social media when she has a screen to hide behind. She is much more brazen to strangers but she is extremely passive aggressive to those already in her life. When confronted she will act like YOU have the problem. Both are trash and leave it to the trash sorter to find more trash to marry,  fairytale romance indeed.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 7
On 2018-10-12 at 6:16 PM, glitterpussy said:

Same! I was like hmmmmm....want to make this point, yet don't want to defend these dolts....what a quandry....

Wow those posts show what giant assholes they both really are.

Agreed but Rachel is American, unless she is suddenly British and putting on an accent a la Madonna. Regardless it is rude, her family and kids might see that someday.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I always thought she was a bit of an ass.Way too into herself, little regard for her first child, all this immature fairytale talk. How old are we Rachel, 12? She always reminded me of the type that is sweet in person, then passionately trash talks you behind your back and leaves cryptic messages on social media when she has a screen to hide behind. She is much more brazen to strangers but she is extremely passive aggressive to those already in her life. When confronted she will act like YOU have the problem. Both are trash and leave it to the trash sorter to find more trash to marry,  fairytale romance indeed.

You nailed it.

1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Agreed but Rachel is American, unless she is suddenly British and putting on an accent a la Madonna. Regardless it is rude, her family and kids might see that someday.

Yes, she knows better!

• Love 3

Rachel’s going to be bitchy now because Jon has revealed some of his dirty little secrets and it’s harder to play star crossed lovers when one of them is a hot tempered, heavy drinking, unemployed  felon, quick with his fists and slow to pay his debts. Not exactly a prize. But she already has so much emotion, money, and time invested in her little fairy tale, that she can’t walk away. She’ll waste even more of her and her daughters lives and money on a lost cause. 

• Love 7

I'm sure it's been said before but Rachel couldn't have worn something nicer to her pre-wedding dinner? She looked so blah, but I felt even more sorry for baby Lucy. She was wearing a onesie 2 sizes too big. Baby clothes are less expensive than adult clothing. She could have found something cuter at ? for $5 or $10--no more than $20! I know that babies frequently go barefoot, but the bare feet along with the cheap, ginormous onesie, just looked so utterly sad. Poor Lucy.

My question is what makes Jon so appealing that he had so many girlfriends, I don't see it.

Shamefully, I do think Jon is attractive and if the British stereotype about their looks is to be believed, he is probably a British 7.5. The biggest marks against him are his small stature, questionable intellect, felonious background and vacant eyes. 

19 hours ago, zenme said:

I'm sure it's been said before but Rachel couldn't have worn something nicer to her pre-wedding dinner? She looked so blah, but I felt even more sorry for baby Lucy. She was wearing a onesie 2 sizes too big. Baby clothes are less expensive than adult clothing. She could have found something cuter at ? for $5 or $10--no more than $20! I know that babies frequently go barefoot, but the bare feet along with the cheap, ginormous onesie, just looked so utterly sad. Poor Lucy.

I am of two minds on Rachel's lack of style. On the one hand, I am all for a woman wearing what is comfortable and staying true to herself and her style. But on the other, I mean damn! If you aren't gonna dress up to meet the love of your life or your new extended family - when the hell are you gonna dress up?

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Yeah, Jon has no anger issues at all. 

0izh78ykcds11.jpg

What??  I clearly saw that baby dressed in a full snowsuit or full onesie with no socks at all and I saw that child outside without gloves while her mother had a hat and gloves on so it wasn’t June. They have serious issues and they deserve all the misery that’s coming to them as a result of their “fairy tale.”

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, PityFree said:

What??  I clearly saw that baby dressed in a full snowsuit or full onesie with no socks at all and I saw that child outside without gloves while her mother had a hat and gloves on so it wasn’t June. They have serious issues and they deserve all the misery that’s coming to them as a result of their “fairy tale.”

Those two do not have the temperament for reality TV stardom..

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Just respond with “hows that job search going?” And watch him flip out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

The rage replies on their social media are truly frightening. Did you notice Rachel's face after Jon's final tirade last night? She was clearly embarrassed that he let it all hang out on national tv. It's no wonder his friends and family were trying to discourage their relationship. He really really needs therapy, and maybe medication.

I can't stand them so am not following them on instagram, but does anyone know if comments have been made about the cussing and rage in their replies to people?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, zenme said:

So it was the hottest day but Rachel was wearing boots and jeans  and baby in a ginormous onesie? Hmmm.

Well, you can't really tell what the weather or occasion is by seeing if Rachel is wearing jeans...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

The rage replies on their social media are truly frightening. Did you notice Rachel's face after Jon's final tirade last night? She was clearly embarrassed that he let it all hang out on national tv. It's no wonder his friends and family were trying to discourage their relationship. He really really needs therapy, and maybe medication.

I can't stand them so am not following them on instagram, but does anyone know if comments have been made about the cussing and rage in their replies to people?

At first I thought she was embarrassed, later I thought she was tearing up over his comments about being man enough to take on some other man’s child. Now I’m not so sure about which it was.

i do wonder though if she’s been on the receiving side of his tirades over the internet. Especially if she brings up money or jobs or the future. I think Jon is content with things as they are.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, iwasish said:

At first I thought she was embarrassed, later I thought she was tearing up over his comments about being man enough to take on some other man’s child. Now I’m not so sure about which it was.

i do wonder though if she’s been on the receiving side of his tirades over the internet. Especially if she brings up money or jobs or the future. I think Jon is content with things as they are.

She may give it back just as much as she gets it.

• Love 1