Type keyword(s) to search

Rachel & Jon: Bearded in Britain

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I was unaware of the speculation of Jon being the bio dad. 

That's all it is, speculation, as far as I'm concerned, but there are discussions of the possibility upthread and on the Social Media/Spoilery thread. Some people suspect that Rachel was in England and met Jon before in part based on her having a Go Fund Me page to try to raise money for the trip, but I'm not buying it myself. 

• Love 1

Evuhdens--yes evuhdens--points to them meeting before December 2017 but somewhere after Lucy's birth. She posted a picture holding passports in July 2017, which was after the GoFundMe campaign to support their meeting was posted and completed. One of the hash tags was like, "#IllSeeYouSoon," or something to that effect. That was way before TLC announced the cast of this season or anything and well after Lucy was born. I definitely don't think he's the bio dad, though.

Just like on last week's episode, Jon mentioned that she would be returning in six months--May/June. She apparently did since there is a record of a wedding taking place in May 2018 in Cornwall which is the same place he proposed. 

Edited by AussieBabe

Maybe Rachel was planning to go to England in July, 2017 and even raised money for the trip, but then got cast on 90 Days and postponed the trip until December? Anyway, she might have really gone to England just once or made two trips with Lucy close together, but I don't believe there's any way Jon is Lucy's bio dad. And yes, everything I've read points to them having gotten married in England this past Spring. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

So that’s a nice deal for him. Every few months she rolls into town to visit for a while, they have honeymoon sex and before they get on each other’s nerves she has to leave. Then he’s free to Do his thing for the next several months.  

• Love 12

Permanent honeymoon! Like Jon's sister said, they haven't had time to get bored with each other. That might also explain why Rachel was so upset that Jon saw nothing wrong with a couple having an open relationship. She might be worried he's not going to be able to resist temptation between her visits. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Permanent honeymoon! Like Jon's sister said, they haven't had time to get bored with each other. That might also explain why Rachel was so upset that Jon saw nothing wrong with a couple having an open relationship. She might be worried he's not going to be able to resist temptation between her visits. 

I’d be more worried that he’d continue fighting in defense of some poor woman’s honor.

Theres a coldness in his eyes. I don’t trust him. 

She is a fool to marry him. She’ll end up pregnant, and that will be a logistical nightmare. Garbage sorters don’t make a lot so he isn’t going to be paying for Lucy’s and his own kids daycare, so she’s going to have to worry about supporting 3 kids. I suspect if she continues with her kareoke, it’s going to be a lot of sad songs.

• Love 6
On 9/19/2018 at 11:23 PM, goofygirl said:

Can't she just move to the UK with BOTH girls and make some kind of deal with the Dad of the first girl?  Otherwise, she's got to pick one daughter over the other.  It's sort of obvious, Lucy wins in the daughter sweepstakes.

What kind of a deal? There is no way a father that is involved in his daughter's life is going to approve of her being taken all the way to England to live. How would that benefit the biological father? Thanks to Rachel, all he has to do is show these episodes to the Judge (if it came to that). Request denied! 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What kind of a deal? There is no way a father that is involved in his daughter's life is going to approve of her being taken all the way to England to live. How would that benefit the biological father? Thanks to Rachel, all he has to do is show these episodes to the Judge (if it came to that). Request denied! 

Yes. If anything it makes more sense for the elder daughter to stay in the USA- to continue to live with one biological parent, stay in her school, with her extended family vs staying with her mom and infant sister (we don’t know if she has siblings on her Dad’s side that moving her to the UK would take her away from). All things being equal, I’m for keeping children with at least one bio parent in their same environment and entire social network rather than moving them so that they can live with the Parent who has a uterus. Of course every parent has to decide these things as they arise, and it’s not a black and white thing, but I don’t think being with the mom and maternal siblings comes before all other factors in a child’s life. 

• Love 8

Looks like she finds out something more concerning next episode. 

Interesting that Jon shared with her that all his previous girlfriends were pretty, blonde and thin. Was it just part of their chatting that this came up, did she tell him about her insecurities and did he then play on that to make her feel grateful that he accepted her despite all her flaws? Now that they may be apart for long periods of time and the fact that he participated in open relationships before, is she panicked that he may stray with someone more his physical type?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

That bridal consultant was foolish to give “Rach” the designer and style number of the gown she chose. My daughter’s friend fell in love with an over budget gown at a bridal salon then found it “never altered or worn” at a consignment gown website for a fraction of the cost. But I’m willing to bet the drama of her not being able to afford it was just production driven and the salon gave her the gown in exchange for television advertising (I suspect they did the same thing for Nicole.) 

• Love 6
On 9/22/2018 at 9:24 PM, AussieBabe said:

Just like on last week's episode, Jon mentioned that she would be returning in six months--May/June. She apparently did since there is a record of a wedding taking place in May 2018 in Cornwall which is the same place he proposed. 

But Lucy didn't look 6 months older. If she was 8 months old when she first met Jon, she'd likely be walking 6 months later. 

On 9/22/2018 at 10:38 PM, magemaud said:

Maybe Rachel was planning to go to England in July, 2017 and even raised money for the trip, but then got cast on 90 Days and postponed the trip until December? Anyway, she might have really gone to England just once or made two trips with Lucy close together, but I don't believe there's any way Jon is Lucy's bio dad. And yes, everything I've read points to them having gotten married in England this past Spring. 

This is what people use GoFundMe for? How do they have the nerve?!

On 9/22/2018 at 10:42 PM, iwasish said:

So that’s a nice deal for him. Every few months she rolls into town to visit for a while, they have honeymoon sex and before they get on each other’s nerves she has to leave. Then he’s free to Do his thing for the next several months.  

But after 12 months, don't parents have to pay for a full plane ticket for the baby? Seems like there would be fewer trips.

Does anyone know how tall they each are? 

Nope, the little projectiles can sit on your lap for free until age 2.   Wouldn't that be a fun trip - New Mexico to England, with a child too big for the bassinet so you have to hold her the entire time?  And hope there is no turbulence that sends her flying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Lucy didn't look 6 months older. If she was 8 months old when she first met Jon, she'd likely be walking 6 months later. 

I thought Rachel said they’d been back in New Mexico for “a couple of months” so I figured it was around February, and Lucy wouldn’t have looked that much older. She’s crawling now and I would imagine that when they go back in May, she might be walking. 

• Love 3

Yeah, Lucy might have been 2 months older. Ricky's scenes with Ximena were filmed in February. Pole and Karine were going at it on social media in November which was after they got married. Filming was all over the place. That's why we can't get a grasp on the timeline.

Jon said Rachel was coming back in six months, but she seems to have returned well before then to go ahead and get married. It's possible the wedding didn't come to light until May 2018 but actually took place a few months prior. Two almost back to back trips and she's crying about not being able to afford a $750 dress and her family not being able to attend. Common sense says if you want people to be able to attend, you give them more than 30-60 days notice for a destination wedding. I don't get the whole it's not fair spiel. You brought that on yourself. 

• Love 4

On the 'couple of months', wasn't she in England around Christmas?  I guess she doesn't put her decorations away, because there were stockings & all kinds of Christmas decorations around the piano still out & in perfect order.

I'm in process of watching ...

Edited by gonecrackers

So, again, Rachel has a tragic story and can feel that life isn't fair because, somehow, her ring slipped off and fell into a running garbage disposal.  I have no idea how someone even does that.  Nevertheless, seems to fit the scenario that everything is a struggle for Rachel.  

• Love 13

I mean... how is Rachel not extinct yet?  

This is meant in a "is she too stupid to live?" kind of way.  I just don't understand how she's managed to get this far.  I feel I say this about someone every season.

Edited by ALittleShelfish
clarifying is not just for shampoo
  • Love 15

Has she never heard getting insurance on a ring. If you rent or own, all you do is take a copy of the apprasial to the insurance company and it costs $3 or so a month. I have a little over one carat very good quality stone and I just moved so we redid our policy and it was $32 a year.

Also so weird she lost in in the disposal. I would have been taking a wrench and opening that thing up. Did full house have an episode where DJ opened the sink to get a wedding ring back. I guess Rachel couldn't do at least try?

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 2

From what I’ve read, a NATURAL white sapphire stone the size of Rachel’s would cost at least a grand, but a “lab created” stone is much cheaper. But I think it’s interesting that a lab created stone is a 9 on the hardness scale (diamond is 10) so while Rachel’s ring setting may have been destroyed in the garbage disposal, she might have been able to salvage the stone. 

Isn't it ironic that Jon works in the garbage industry...

• Love 12

The mystery of the ‘It can’t  be a real diamond’ ring has been solved, all hail IG! I just looked at her account over there and it’s no wonder Jon was surprised that she didn’t quite ‘look the same’ in real life because she uses those weird filters that make her face thinner than it actually is. In fact, the only pics of her over there that look realistic are the ones from this show. Ironic...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 6

Jon got into a tiff with Jesse on IG and they bantered back insults.  I don't wish Jon to engage in violence anymore, but seeing him punch Jesse would be satisfying.  On Jon's IG he has pictures of him with his sister's kids as babies.  He's younger and without the beard and he's very handsome.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Do people really wash dishes with their rings on? I remove my ring and watch even if I'm rinsing one glass.

Yes.  And when I remove them for other things (e.g. to mix burgers, knead dough, etc) that’s when I’m most likely to lose track of them. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Do people really wash dishes with their rings on? I remove my ring and watch even if I'm rinsing one glass.

For those of us with fat fingers, yes. When taking a ring off is harder than getting spanx on, it’s best to leave it be. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

Has this been posted yet? Its Rachel's explanation as to why the engagement ring diamond is fake...

She cries a lot. 

I don’t take my ring off to wash my hands or the dishes. I’m far more likely to lose them. It does seem sort of gross, but if I’m handling meat, I put gloves on. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Jon got into a tiff with Jesse on IG and they bantered back insults.  I don't wish Jon to engage in violence anymore, but seeing him punch Jesse would be satisfying.  On Jon's IG he has pictures of him with his sister's kids as babies.  He's younger and without the beard and he's very handsome.

He looks SO much better without the beard!  Or even with it reasonably trimmed & not all Grizzly Adams.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

This I need to see!

• Love 1
On 2018-09-25 at 5:30 AM, Awfarmington said:

For those of us with fat fingers, yes. When taking a ring off is harder than getting spanx on, it’s best to leave it be. 

Yup and we do know she doesn’t weigh 105 lbs anymore ?

• Love 1
On 2018-09-22 at 12:48 PM, magemaud said:

I've seen two different theories about Lucy's parentage on this forum and elsewhere. One, that Jon is really her bio dad and that (obviously) he and Rachel met before and they are basically scamming the 90 Day Franchise. The other was put forth by a woman claiming to be Lucy's paternal grandmother and that Rachel and her married son had a relationship (not just a one night stand) which resulted in Rachel's pregnancy. But from what I can tell, both are just speculation because I haven't seen any definitive confirmation of either theory. Bueller...Bueller...anyone? 

I was checking out Jon’s Instagram page, there was a photo of his nephew as a baby at about Lucy’s age and they looked similar to me but I didn’t think too much of it.  There was also a photo of Jon as a baby also about Lucy’s age and it too looked an awful lot like her, I am pretty convinced Lucy is related to Jon after seeing those photos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/25/2018 at 3:41 PM, libgirl2 said:

I like him with just a bit of a beard. 

Personally, I do not like the short groomed hair with a Paul Bunyon beard look that is trendy right now.  Just a short beard with short hair, thanks  But Jon kinda bugs me anyway so a beard won't help, lol.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:00 AM, guilfoyleatpp said:

She cries a lot. 

I don’t take my ring off to wash my hands or the dishes. I’m far more likely to lose them. It does seem sort of gross, but if I’m handling meat, I put gloves on. 

Per that L-O-N-G Instagram post:  holy cow she is exhausting!!!  She had a "fairy tale proposal" - of course she did.  Then she loses the ring in a garbage disposal?  She tells the story and goes on and on and ON.....can you imagine having lunch with her?  She would go on and on and ON over Every! Little! Detail! and I would be like, "Can I have a wing please?"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, endure said:
On 9/22/2018 at 3:48 PM, magemaud said:

I've seen two different theories about Lucy's parentage on this forum and elsewhere. One, that Jon is really her bio dad and that (obviously) he and Rachel met before and they are basically scamming the 90 Day Franchise. The other was put forth by a woman claiming to be Lucy's paternal grandmother and that Rachel and her married son had a relationship (not just a one night stand) which resulted in Rachel's pregnancy. But from what I can tell, both are just speculation because I haven't seen any definitive confirmation of either theory. Bueller...Bueller...anyone? 

I was checking out Jon’s Instagram page, there was a photo of his nephew as a baby at about Lucy’s age and they looked similar to me but I didn’t think too much of it.  There was also a photo of Jon as a baby also about Lucy’s age and it too looked an awful lot like her, I am pretty convinced Lucy is related to Jon after seeing those photos.

I need to see a photo of Lucy's unnamed father. Maybe he and Jon are both just Rachel's "type" and resemble each other. 

From Rachel's Instagram...Only a month after arriving back home from England, that ring accidentally fell into a running garbage disposal while I was washing dishes. It is with a heavy heart that I say.. it did not survive ☹

Suppose Rachel is bright enough to have renter's or homeowner's insurance?   

• Love 2

From an insurance website:

“Your jewelry is not covered by homeowners insurance when loss or damage is a result of something not listed above. For instance, if your ring slips off your finger and falls down the drain while you’re cleaning, it won’t be covered by your insurance policy because the loss isn’t the result of something explicitly listed in your policy. Likewise, misplacing a piece of jewelry or damaging it somehow - even by accident - won’t be covered by your homeowners insurance.”

Her policy deductible could be higher than the ring is worth  but if it was really valuable (which I doubt) she would need to have a “jewelry floater” on her policy which would insure it against additional perils. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1

I have a ring holder next to the sink.  FYI I originally bought a pretty crystal one however when I took my ring in for a checkup the jeweler noticed scrape marks on the inside of the ring.  I then found a wood one on Etsy that is a little dog and you can put the rings on the dog’s tail.  Prevents loss and accidental trips down the drain or disposal.  If you are so inclined.

Her story sounds flimsy but then maybe she’s as careless about a piece of jewelry from the Love of Her Life as she is meticulous with her birth control.

• Love 6