Type keyword(s) to search

Rachel & Jon: Bearded in Britain

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, LaChavalina said:

So, the baby's daddy was still married while he was dating Rachel, and then he gave up on seeing his daughter because he couldn't afford a $300 paternity test? I mean, poor life decisions all over but come on, grandma is not doing herself any favors airing that dirty laundry. I can't believe Jon ends up looking like the intelligent, responsible one in this situation.

Oh I take Grandma with a grain of salt, it is early days and I don't know what to believe but I don't find myself liking Rachel or Jon. Rachel seems to have built this whole fantasy in her head and if the real daddy really does want to be involved then she shouldn't be sending Jon umbilical cords. This whole situation is just.....odd.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh I take Grandma with a grain of salt, it is early days and I don't know what to believe but I don't find myself liking Rachel or Jon. Rachel seems to have built this whole fantasy in her head and if the real daddy really does want to be involved then she shouldn't be sending Jon umbilical cords. This whole situation is just.....odd.

Fair enough! I actually found Jon a little endearing (aside from the street puking). His friends were also a riot. "Have you never clutched her?"

For those who were critiquing him living with his mother-- housing affordability is a big issue in many parts of the UK, so he likely is saving a lot of money.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, LaChavalina said:

Fair enough! I actually found Jon a little endearing (aside from the street puking). His friends were also a riot. "Have you never clutched her?"

For those who were critiquing him living with his mother-- housing affordability is a big issue in many parts of the UK, so he likely is saving a lot of money.

Oh gosh I have friends who moved to the UK with great jobs and needed housemates to make it! My city is expensive too so I rent, no judgement on living with mom and in all honesty it sounds like he has a stable union job, he works, no snark from me on that.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 17

The town where Jon lives with his Mum is 150 miles from London. It appears to be a seaside resort town and judging from the calendar in the hall, his mother might rent out rooms, including the bedroom Rachel is staying in. “Rachel and Lucy” are at the bottom of the page, scheduled to stay from December 11-24. (Sorry I had to crop the screenshot) I guess spending Christmas with her other daughter isn’t a priority. 

1A16506D-F3E2-4116-A1DF-636BB562D127.jpeg

• Love 16
6 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

So, the baby's daddy was still married while he was dating Rachel, and then he gave up on seeing his daughter because he couldn't afford a $300 paternity test? I mean, poor life decisions all over but come on, grandma is not doing herself any favors airing that dirty laundry. I can't believe Jon ends up looking like the intelligent, responsible one in this situation.

I may have missed the part about the baby daddy being married but agree that his mother is not doing herself any favors with this. Quite a rant she's got going on there.  :/

• Love 1
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

The town where Jon lives with his Mum is 150 miles from London. It appears to be a seaside resort town and judging from the calendar in the hall, his mother might rent out rooms, including the bedroom Rachel is staying in. “Rachel and Lucy” are at the bottom of the page, scheduled to stay from December 11-24. (Sorry I had to crop the screenshot) I guess spending Christmas with her other daughter isn’t a priority. 

1A16506D-F3E2-4116-A1DF-636BB562D127.jpeg

Maybe the custody agreement says the father gets the other daughter over Christmas.  I know lots of families who celebrate early or later, because the child is with the other relatives at that time.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

Maybe the custody agreement says the father gets the other daughter over Christmas.  I know lots of families who celebrate early or later, because the child is with the other relatives at that time.

Good point, in fact that might be why Rachel chose that particular timeframe to go to England. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

. Apparently it’s not too soon to be intimate with “the love of your life.” 

I think I might cross-stitch that on a pillow.

Uh oh, now I wish I had copyrighted that! 

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

You could sell them on Etsy and make a fortune.

Edited by magemaud
5 hours ago, Kareem said:

I may have missed the part about the baby daddy being married but agree that his mother is not doing herself any favors with this. Quite a rant she's got going on there.  :/

She mentions that the (alleged) father of Rachel's baby had four kids already and was "waiting for his divorce to be finalized" while Rachel was pregnant and while he was (again, allegedly) making arrangements to move in with her.

Similar to the Ricky situation, I just don't get how a chunk of society has decided it's now socially acceptable to present yourself as single when you are in fact married and separated. It is patently unfair to anyone you date that you are stringing them along in a situation where you legally cannot commit to them; if there are kids involved it's definitely a horrible example to your children re: respectful behavior in a relationship. I've dated guys who presented themselves as "divorced" only for me to find out later that the divorce wasn't final and wasn't close to being final. No idea if that was Rachel's situation with this guy, but if she was pregnant and ready to move in with him and found out the divorce wasn't finalized then I have some sympathy for her. Still not worth cutting your daughter's biological dad out of her life, but again it seems he wasn't fighting that hard for his parental rights. 

• Love 5

Who knows if the father really wants to be involved?  Often these guys are big jerks but their mothers think they are perfect angels.  And based on what the mother has said, she's not exactly coming off as a calm and reasonable person.

• Love 7

I agree that it’s unfair to tell someone that you’re single when you’re married but separated. You shouldn’t have to sit on a shelf but you aren’t exactly footloose and fancy free, you should be honest. With the baby, or any pregnancy, he, she, or both should have been using protection. They aren’t kids and are well aware of how a baby is made. I have a teenage son and I can preach don’t have sex until marriage until I’m blue but I’m not an idiot either so I tell him never let the little man jump without a parachute. 

I have hopes for this couple. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

His friends were also a riot. "Have you never clutched her?"

What he actually said was "Have you never cutched her?", which is a colloquialism for cuddling used mostly in Wales. (Weston-super-Mare isn't far from Wales, across the Severn Estuary.)

• Love 9
6 hours ago, essexjan said:

What he actually said was "Have you never cutched her?", which is a colloquialism for cuddling used mostly in Wales. (Weston-super-Mare isn't far from Wales, across the Severn Estuary.)

This is somewhat of a relief for me to learn, because I wasn't entirely sure these gents understood how romance works. :D

• Love 6

This show is now going out of it’s way to find the worst of the worst.

I imagine if a nice young couple who have met and spent time together before applying for the K-1 visa would be rejected unless they had a baby daddy in the background, a criminal background, or a psycho killer in the family who would be willing to try to stab someone on TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

If she is really leaving on Christmas Eve, I hope she knows that public transit in London is practically non existent and has an alternate way to get to the airport. 

Edited by Meowwww
Was eating and spelled something wrong.
  • Love 1

Ok, so now that I've gotten a better look at Bearded Jon, he's looking a little less like Treat Williams, and a little more like ... you're all gonna think I'm nuts ... Paul Benedict, who played Mr. Bentley on the Jeffersons.  Yeah, it's hard to explain why I see that, but ... I do.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

Ok, so now that I've gotten a better look at Bearded Jon, he's looking a little less like Treat Williams, and a little more like ... you're all gonna think I'm nuts ... Paul Benedict, who played Mr. Bentley on the Jeffersons.  Yeah, it's hard to explain why I see that, but ... I do.

Yes!  They have the same... I want to say “underbite”, but it’s not quite an underbite. It’s also their relatively wide jaws.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

OMG! I thought the same thing but dare not comment because I couldn't figure out why. Mr. Bentley is stranger looking with a longer face but the resemblance is there. 

I also see Yukon Cornelius from that Christmas Special Rudolf the red nosed Reindeer.

Yukon.bmp

Oh ROFL, Yukon Cornelius!! Yup, yup, I totally see it. :-D

• Love 7
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

OMG! I thought the same thing but dare not comment because I couldn't figure out why. Mr. Bentley is stranger looking with a longer face but the resemblance is there. 

I also see Yukon Cornelius from that Christmas Special Rudolf the red nosed Reindeer.

Yukon.bmp

I'm dead. I just died. this is hysterical and true.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 8/17/2018 at 11:53 PM, LaChavalina said:

Heh. He might have been released into his mother's custody and has to live with her as a condition of his parole.

• Love 3

Seems like the whole didn't make it to get her at the airport, train travel, etc. with Rachel & Jon was staged. She only had 1 large bag, with a baby. She had said she had several bags - where were they all then?  Probably already at his mom's house.

• Love 4
On 8/20/2018 at 11:37 AM, islandgal140 said:

Yukon.bmp

Not the least of which are the mouse eyes. His mom also has those eyes, but hers aren't vacant. 

• Love 2

Did anyone else think Jon's mum was a little cold & unfriendly towards the arrival of Rachel & Lucy? I get that she's protective of Jon & his stress triggers, and she intimated that Rachel was an unknown (stranger danger?) entity, but I expected at least a little smile, have a seat, would you like a cup of tea? sorta welcome.

I suppose Rachel represented a loss of two weeks revenue for at least one rented room, and maybe she worried that baby Lucy would interrupt the day-to-day operations.

From Rachel implying she would "fight" for Jon if his mother tried to hang onto him, I'm hoping they get their own place real quick. Since we know they were married in May, it would be so interesting to see their current lifestyle. Please TLC?

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Did anyone else think Jon's mum was a little cold & unfriendly towards the arrival of Rachel & Lucy? I get that she's protective of Jon & his stress triggers, and she intimated that Rachel was an unknown (stranger danger?) entity, but I expected at least a little smile, have a seat, would you like a cup of tea? sorta welcome.

That would fit into my theory that the whole arrival business was re-enacted; they probably had all met earlier.

The worry in his mother's face & tone - she's definitely concerned about this choice Jon has made, sounded like for all of them.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

That would fit into my theory that the whole arrival business was re-enacted; they probably had all met earlier.

The worry in his mother's face & tone - she's definitely concerned about this choice Jon has made, sounded like for all of them.

There was a camera crew with Jon, too. Why weren't we told why he wasn't at the airport?

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Gobi said:

There was a camera crew with Jon, too. Why weren't we told why he wasn't at the airport?

Well, yeah that too, we don't know; no explanation at all. So, I suppose it was to create some kind of 'drama', perhaps.

• Love 2

They are both so weird it just might work.......could he move to the US?  I mean i get it if he has a conviction and can't leave or the US won't let him in, but would racheal abandon her 7 year old to move over and be with him?  His mother and sister seem normal with normal concerns.

Of the many weird things Rachel’s said, one that stood out to me was “Jon is the only father figure Lucy knows.” How on earth is that possible through a tablet screen? And if that’s the case, wouldn’t Rachel’s father, of whom she’d just FaceTimed, be Lucy’s father figure? And even more so than Jon, assuming Lucy has met her own grandfather. That’s like me saying my father figures growing up were Papa Smurf or George Jefferson or Alf. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
22 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Of the many weird things Rachel’s said, one that stood out to me was “Jon is the only father figure Lucy knows.” How on earth is that possible through a tablet screen? And if that’s the case, wouldn’t Rachel’s father, of whom she’d just FaceTimed, be Lucy’s father figure? And even more so than Jon, assuming Lucy has met her own grandfather. That’s like me saying my father figures growing up were Papa Smurf or George Jefferson or Alf. 

I think that is why people are rather suspect of them knowing each other before the show. 

• Love 6

Answering my own question, I think it was all production driven drama, much like Tarik's having a ticket issue with his flight from Bangkok. What a coincidence that it happened in his ex's home country and would get a reaction from Hazel!  I actually looked online at flights from Virginia to Manila and the cheapest one involved three flights, not five and NOBODY routed through Thailand. But all this fakery is ratings gold and I'm hooked. 

• Love 5
On 8/20/2018 at 9:14 PM, MrHufflepuff said:

When he has that vacant look, he reminds me of a Wallace and Grommit character (although I'm not sure which one).

Toss in some Jay Leno and that wrestler/fighter with the reddish hair who threw stuff at a bus load of rivals and was arrested. He’s maybe Irish or Scottish?

• Love 1