Type keyword(s) to search

Angela & Michael: Totin' Eggs in Powder Kegs

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Very often not having travelled hints more at a person having LESS MONEY.  When a person is living paycheck to paycheck they are not going to be jetting off anywhere. 

Travel is expensive when you work minimum wage jobs and care for your dying mother.  Traveling to Nigeria must have been incredibly important for her to scrape up the money to go.

She has been dickmatized to the nth degree. Angela has some disposable income - she smokes and has body art .

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Very often not having travelled hints more at a person having LESS MONEY.  When a person is living paycheck to paycheck they are not going to be jetting off anywhere. 

Travel is expensive when you work minimum wage jobs and care for your dying mother.  Traveling to Nigeria must have been incredibly important for her to scrape up the money to go.

1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

She has been dickmatized to the nth degree. Angela has some disposable income - she smokes and has body art .

IMO These two points are not mutually exclusive. 

I dont think Angela grew up in a cultural milieu that valued international travel, her idea of “splurging” May have been being able to take her kids to Disney World when they were growing up- because yes international travel requires larger amounts of disposable income on a weekly basis than her cigarettes or body art (especially if she was raising her kids as a single mom). 

I also think that she’s lonely and dickmatized to the 9th degree by Michael, she’s saved up and worked OT to be able to go on this trip. 

I am not surprised that a woman of her age, from rural Georgia with her level of education/job field has never traveled internationally. 

• Love 10
On 8/24/2018 at 7:39 PM, Scarlett45 said:

IMO These two points are not mutually exclusive. 

I dont think Angela grew up in a cultural milieu that valued international travel, her idea of “splurging” May have been being able to take her kids to Disney World when they were growing up- because yes international travel requires larger amounts of disposable income on a weekly basis than her cigarettes or body art (especially if she was raising her kids as a single mom). 

I also think that she’s lonely and dickmatized to the 9th degree by Michael, she’s saved up and worked OT to be able to go on this trip. 

I am not surprised that a woman of her age, from rural Georgia with her level of education/job field has never traveled internationally. 

I will never NOT love #dickmatized. Forever.

The fact that she hasn't traveled before, but is willing to do so now, is super interesting, isn't it? TLC wants us to laugh at her, but let's see her as an actual person. She's taking a huge leap of faith here. They're going to show us her being her worst, loudest, most embarrassing 'Mericn traveling abroad self, but this is a huge moment for potential personal growth for her.

Of course, the production company will ruin it by encouraging her to voice her most base and offensive opinions and make as much of an as ass of herself as possible, but if they weren't there, this could be a much different (and probably sadder), story. 

So much potential there. Wasted. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Cinter said:

I certainly hope Angela isn’t being judge because she hasn’t traveled internationally. 

I don't judge her for not travelling internationally.  I judge her for apparently learning nothing about Nigeria when that is where the "man of her dreams" is from.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, EllaDisco said:

I don't judge her for not travelling internationally.  I judge her for apparently learning nothing about Nigeria when that is where the "man of her dreams" is from.

Understand. Just as he also apparently didnt learn anything about the US when the woman of his dreams is there. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Cinter said:

Understand. Just as he also apparently didnt learn anything about the US when the woman of his dreams is there. 

I'm not so sure she's the woman of his dreams.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I'm not so sure she's the woman of his dreams.

Oh I think she is, his dreams. He said she’s his way to the US, his dream. He’s using her because no one his age would want him and she’s using him because well......but it looks like, and I very well could be way wrong, all blame on her. He’s just as guilty. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cinter said:

I certainly hope Angela isn’t being judge because she hasn’t traveled internationally. 

I don't judge her for not traveling internationally.  It happens amongst us regular folk. I shade her because the first time she does leave the country, it's for some dick. So she COULD have scraped up money to travel,  but she didn't become interested until there was peen on the other side.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I don't judge her for not traveling internationally.  It happens amongst us regular folk. I shade her because the first time she does leave the country, it's for some dick. So she COULD have scraped up money to travel,  but she didn't become interested until there was peen on the other side.

Do we think she'd even leave the country for The D if there weren't television crews travelling WITH her?  They caught a good glimpse of her in the car, sometime around her "why is everyone staring at me" part, where she looked legit scared and/or uncomfortable.  IDK it was a pretty interesting shot and I wonder if she'd be equally into The D if there were no production staff with her and she truly WAS the only white person in town.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Do we think she'd even leave the country for The D if there weren't television crews travelling WITH her?  They caught a good glimpse of her in the car, sometime around her "why is everyone staring at me" part, where she looked legit scared and/or uncomfortable.  IDK it was a pretty interesting shot and I wonder if she'd be equally into The D if there were no production staff with her and she truly WAS the only white person in town.  

But it has been said she didn’t travel internationally, so she’s a bumpkin basically. And she’s ignorant for not knowing about his country, but he’s just as ignorant 

for not not knowing about hers. Not defending her at at all, but it goes both ways. 

Edited by Cinter
  • Love 5

I think a good part of it is that she is playing to the cameras.  She is very excited and never done this before in her life....but doesn’t understand her huge laugh, “aw shucks” etc isnt cute.  

The scene in the dress store really showed her insecurities (I am overweight too and know how she feels). Made her appear more normal to me than the big laugh, hyper bunny self she is trying to portray. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

@Cinter - agree 100%.  Both of them obviously have the innerwebz, but have made conscious decisions to not use it to look into the parts of the world they are going to.  So irresponsible. 

That’s what I mean. He thinks he only has to get to America and he’ll be a rich businessman, and of course mentored by Trump because he’s all that. But he can’t afford to get to the US, enter idiot Angela. But ALL Americans are of course very wealthy in his mind, he didn’t learn about Americans just as she didn’t learn about Nigerians. It goes both ways, it’s not just the american that’s the idiot.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I really like Angela. She is boistrous, but she is kind and genuine.

This! I think she was really hurt when the mother-in-law said she would prefer a different bag.  She had specifically picked out that bag because she thought the mother-in-law would like it.  She put thought into it.

7 minutes ago, DixonVixen2359 said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed at Angela pulling that tacky purple purse out of a battered plastic Dollar Tree bag as she presented it to Michael's mother.

She probably should’ve wrapped it when she got to Nigeria, but there’s no way TSA would let her on the plane with a wrapped gift. 

• Love 4

Suzy I think Angela would be a forever friend to those who befriended her. I know what you mean.

I didn’t see that Dixon, but no I wouldn’t laugh. A gift is from the heart. I was once given a gift of a very obviously used dirty stuffed animal, the giver was so excited to give to it. Who was I to judge and snub it? It meant a lot to them, so it did to me as well. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Quof said:

She was carrying a truck load of luggage. The wrapped gift could have gone in her checked luggage.

This is obviously an episode that I haven’t seen yet. But yes she could have put a wrapped gift in checked luggage, it doesn’t mean it would arrive that way. I went to my cousins’ wedding, wrapped gift in checked luggage. Arrived with a note in my luggage from TSA that that they searched my luggage and saw my unwrapped gift, it arrived unwrapped. A gift doesn’t have to be wrapped in paper. 

• Love 2

That is a concealed carry purse. And she doesn't have a gun in the house? Mkay.

Please let them have Michael's friends at the Tell All. Please! I would like to see an MST3K setup where they give color on the episodes along with Nikki's cousin. 

I was judging her about never travelling and then THIS is the reason that she goes - and goes big. What would be more extreme - Antarctica? It's bizarre.

• Love 7

I have received things from Nigerians in repurposed ziplocs and shopping bags. I also know rural Georgia well enough to say Angela is not unique, except her Nigerian boyfriend. And maybe this is her first time having a reason to leave the country. She does not strike me as someone with wanderlust. A lot of rural people have a mentality that they have everything they need right there.

What I want to know is WHY THE HAPPY HELL DID SHE RESPOND TO A RANDO ON FACEBOOK TO BEGIN WITH

• Love 10
3 hours ago, pollywood said:

I have received things from Nigerians in repurposed ziplocs and shopping bags. I also know rural Georgia well enough to say Angela is not unique, except her Nigerian boyfriend. And maybe this is her first time having a reason to leave the country. She does not strike me as someone with wanderlust. A lot of rural people have a mentality that they have everything they need right there.

What I want to know is WHY THE HAPPY HELL DID SHE RESPOND TO A RANDO ON FACEBOOK TO BEGIN WITH

She was lonely and thought he was cute.......

I wouldn’t do it but I know why she did. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Please let them have Michael's friends at the Tell All. Please! I would like to see an MST3K setup where they give color on the episodes along with Nikki's cousin. 

MST3K doing 90DF?? You are a GENIUS, Spankydoll! This would be television HEAVEN! Please let some tv benefactor genius entrepreneur make this happen.

• Love 7

After all the travel, changes, and almost no sleep for maybe 3 days, Ang ended up having a meltdown including in the shop, which I saw coming. She said in her TH that she was tired that second day and wanted to just stay in the hotel and rest. But Michael insisted that she meet his Mom that day, meet his friends, and buy clothes. Apparently men give orders in that culture. (I can barely stand clothes shopping, when I'm rested and in the U.S.) Another she may have been happy with going along and buying a few things. One of the show's portraits show her in a lovely dress that looks like those prints. 

But the French Handoff, I mean Kiss, was really, really strange. And the mom clearly saw it and was hurt. Perhaps like Jon, Ang gets severe anxiety episodes. I would have thought of something else to do because I hate shellfish--e.g., to say that I'm so sorry but I don't eat shellfish, it doesn't agree with me (true). I hope the family didn't save up for months to buy it. OTOH, I think the Mom was rude to refuse Ang's gift and say it wasn't big enough. 

BTW, I don't like Jesse, but he also looked exhausted to me. I doubt these folks get to rest after arriving. 

I think Ang is trying to build a reality career and Mike to get to the US and Trump. She's been on Maury a couple of times. Can't blame her, given her work (which must be rewarding but very hard in multiple ways, then to go home and do the same for her Mom) and being stuck in East Mosquito, Georgia taking care of her large extended family. I think couples apply to this show and it wouldn't have taken much for her to find a guy online (especially using heavily filtered and years-old pictures--I've met dates who did that) and for them both to go for it. If so they wouldn't be the first. I wish her well. I think she has a good, genuine heart, and is  smarter (including street smarts) than some on this show. Well, except for the smoking...I live below the Mason-Dixon in a tobacco-growing state and can't believe how many more people smoke here than where I came from. 

Edited by Tuneful
None
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

After all the travel, changes, and almost no sleep for maybe 3 days, Ang ended up having a meltdown including in the shop, which I saw coming. She said in her TH that she was tired that second day and wanted to just stay in the hotel and rest. But Michael insisted that she meet his Mom that day and buy clothes. Apparently men give orders in that culture. 

Ha! She wasn’t too tired to grab at that young man’s crotch, order him to undress, throw him on the bed, and then brag the next day about banging him three times. If she can do all that on day one, surely she can get her slovenly behind up to go meet his mother on day two.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Tuneful said:

I would have thought of something else to do because I hate shellfish--e.g., to say that I'm so sorry but I don't eat shellfish, it doesn't agree with me (true). I hope the family didn't save up for months to buy it. 

I've eaten - and actually like - escargot (snails).  But after I read your post, I realized that I wasn't even sure they are considered shellfish - so I googled it.  Yes, they are.  We haven't seen any indication that Grangela googles much, except "How to use two credit cards to check into a hotel in Nigeria."  I would think she didn't really consider they would give her anything like snails, so she sure didn't look that up ahead of time so she could come up with a fast excuse.

Off topic - I have a friend who is SO allergic to shellfish that she's had to make herself aware of anything that falls into that family so she can avoid eating it.  I once saw her turn bright red and her throat began to swell after eating ONE BITE of a crab puff in a Chinese restaurant.  They were just advertised as "rangoons," without specifying on the menu that they contained crab.  It was mostly fried wonton and cream cheese with an infinitesimal bit of crab.

• Love 4
On 8/26/2018 at 4:48 PM, Meowwww said:

I think a good part of it is that she is playing to the cameras.  She is very excited and never done this before in her life....but doesn’t understand her huge laugh, “aw shucks” etc isnt cute.  

The scene in the dress store really showed her insecurities (I am overweight too and know how she feels). Made her appear more normal to me than the big laugh, hyper bunny self she is trying to portray. 

I wouldn't be so sure about it being her first time in front of the cameras. It's definitely not her first rodeo.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Grangela has been on Maury Povich's show twice.

Exactly, and she lost major points when I found that out (just realized that we can use spoilers in this thread). Another reality teevee famewhore, pushing for a spinoff - Danielle/Nicole Part 2, Part Deux.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

What was she on Maury for? 

According to starcasm.net:

"Shouting angrily and making a fool of herself on national television is nothing new for Angela, however, as she appeared not once but TWICE on Maury! Actually, three times if you count a brief update episode.

Angela’s first appearance was in an episode that aired on February 20, 2015. Joining Angela is her daughter Scottie and Scottie’s boyfriend Terry. Scottie and Terry recently welcomed a baby girl together, but Angela claims that the father is actually an ex of Scottie’s.

After devouring a rather hefty serving of humble pie, Angela returned for a brief segment on the “Mother’s Day Update” episode of Maury in May of 2015. 

Maury Povich must have been quite fond of Angela and Scottie’s ramped up Southern theatrics and complete lack of inside voices as he welcomed them back for another brand new segment in an episode that aired in November of 2016. This time, Scottie had another new daughter with boyfriend Terry, and Angela once again claimed that the newborn wasn’t his. The added twist this time around was that both Scottie and the baby were having serious medical issues."

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

According to starcasm.net:

"Shouting angrily and making a fool of herself on national television is nothing new for Angela, however, as she appeared not once but TWICE on Maury! Actually, three times if you count a brief update episode.

Angela’s first appearance was in an episode that aired on February 20, 2015. Joining Angela is her daughter Scottie and Scottie’s boyfriend Terry. Scottie and Terry recently welcomed a baby girl together, but Angela claims that the father is actually an ex of Scottie’s.

After devouring a rather hefty serving of humble pie, Angela returned for a brief segment on the “Mother’s Day Update” episode of Maury in May of 2015. 

Maury Povich must have been quite fond of Angela and Scottie’s ramped up Southern theatrics and complete lack of inside voices as he welcomed them back for another brand new segment in an episode that aired in November of 2016. This time, Scottie had another new daughter with boyfriend Terry, and Angela once again claimed that the newborn wasn’t his. The added twist this time around was that both Scottie and the baby were having serious medical issues."

Think about that.  She went on Maury to declare her daughter a whore and demand a paternity test to prove it.  Famous by any means necessary I guess.

• Love 13
On 8/26/2018 at 6:27 PM, Brooklynista said:

I shade her because the first time she does leave the country, it's for some dick. So she COULD have scraped up money to travel,  but she didn't become interested until there was peen on the other side.

Amen. 

On 8/26/2018 at 6:45 PM, Cinter said:

he’s just as ignorant for not not knowing about hers

I don't find him ignorant about America. All of this was true before Angela showed up: He's become fluent in our language, knows who the president is, what the president's prior career was, that American women expect to have more of a leadership role than Nigerian women, that we have a big problem with gun violence, and that America is a good place to become an entrepreneur. Angela did not know anything comparable about Nigeria.

• Love 16
45 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Think about that.  She went on Maury to declare her daughter a whore and demand a paternity test to prove it.  Famous by any means necessary I guess.

Yup, after watching those Maury clips, I have no sympathy for Angela.  She can get scammed and embarrassed for my entertainment and I won't feel bad about it at all.

• Love 11
On 8/27/2018 at 3:58 AM, pollywood said:

She fell for one of those Nigerian princes?  I would laugh but I like him more than her.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:32 PM, Brooklynista said:

Well what happened?

2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Well what happened?

She actually went on twice and both times Angela was wrong and her daughter's boyfriend was the father.  Either the whole family is scummy, going on these shows with stupid stories or Angela is a horrible mother.

• Love 4

Micheal is using her, and Angela is using him. Match made in hell, they deserve each other. However, that mother. Angela brought her a gift, dollar store or not, and she was so ungrateful. I couldn’t believe it. And then to see people here making fun of the gift, and agreeing, it was a gift! I’m not pro Angela but even I could see was hurt, and then this judgement? She’s not a rich woman but gave a gift that she thought meant something. His mother thumbing it was bad enough but to see all the comments about it being cheap was so disheartening. It was a gift, that she put thought in to.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Cinter said:

Micheal is using her, and Angela is using him. Match made in hell, they deserve each other. However, that mother. Angela brought her a gift, dollar store or not, and she was so ungrateful. I couldn’t believe it. And then to see people here making fun of the gift, and agreeing, it was a gift! I’m not pro Angela but even I could see was hurt, and then this judgement? She’s not a rich woman but gave a gift that she thought meant something. His mother thumbing it was bad enough but to see all the comments about it being cheap was so disheartening. It was a gift, that she put thought in to.

Sadly, Big Ang does not realize that when Michael moves to Podunk GA Michael will be sending money back to Mother Snail.  From what we know Big Ang does not have much money to spare between supporting an over crowded household, caring for her mother and buying smokes.  What ever Michael sends home will not be enough for Mother Snail.

Geezy peezy why don't these people think past the sex?  Nigerian culture is vastly different from anything Angie has experienced and the nuts and bolts of it will be a rude awakening for her. 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Brooklynista said:

Why am I not surprised.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

From what we know Big Ang does not have much money to spare between supporting an over crowded household, caring for her mother and buying smokes

As a non-smoker, I got to wondering how much cigarettes cost these days.  According to a website I found, someone who lives in Georgia who smokes a pack a day spends over $2,300 a year on them.  I have no sympathy for her self-inflicted financial woes.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, KellySunshine said:

I'm a non-smoker, but here in Alberta, packs of smokes are around $15 or more, depending on the brand. So if someone smokes a pack a day, that's over $5400 a year. If they smoke the 'better' brands, it's over $6500/yr

Eek!

Maybe I'm generalizing, but it seems to me, at least for the people I see that smoke, it's always the poorest people who smoke - ones that can least afford it. I can't imagine spending that much money on something like that. I feel guilty spending $3.00 a day on my Monster Java coffee. That's nothing. 

• Love 4