Type keyword(s) to search

Angela & Michael: Totin' Eggs in Powder Kegs

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

As a non-smoker, I got to wondering how much cigarettes cost these days.  According to a website I found, someone who lives in Georgia who smokes a pack a day spends over $2,300 a year on them.  I have no sympathy for her self-inflicted financial woes.

Or health problems.  

What if Big Ang did get sick, how long do we think Michael would stick around?

Will he be helping take care of Big Ang's mother or baby sit the grandkids?  It didn't work out for Molly thinking she had a built in babysitter in Luis.  I hope the happy couple talk about expectations or responsibilities, financially and even household chores once they are on American soil.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Or health problems.  

Will he be helping take care of Big Ang's mother or baby sit the grandkids?  It didn't work out for Molly thinking she had a built in babysitter in Luis.  I hope the happy couple talk about expectations or responsibilities, financially and even household chores once they are on American soil.

Clarifying . . . they need to talk NOW, before getting to American soil, about those things.  Right?

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Mollysmom said:

Maybe I'm generalizing, but it seems to me, at least for the people I see that smoke, it's always the poorest people who smoke - ones that can least afford it. I can't imagine spending that much money on something like that. I feel guilty spending $3.00 a day on my Monster Java coffee. That's nothing. 

My never-bend rule about donating to people on street corners with signs:  If they're smoking, they don't get any of my money.  If you've got money to (literally) burn, I'm not going to contribute to your lifestyle.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Clarifying . . . they need to talk NOW, before getting to American soil, about those things.  Right?

I meant that they should talk about how life will be once they are in America, as in talk about the important stuff and not the endles chorus of "I can't believe I am here, can you?" And maybe carve out sometime for meaningful conversation between sessions of bumping uglies.

Sometimes my intent does not carry thru in my mad race to post.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I meant WHEN Big Ang gets sick because she is far from the picture of health or even living anything close to a healthy life.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
emphias on when
  • Love 3

The whole "Lord's Prayer" on the purse might have been lost on Michael's mother, maybe she can't read English? If Angela thought faster on her feet, when Mother Snail indicated she liked Angela's larger purse better, Ang should have said, "Here, Mama, let's switch!" 

• Love 7
On 8/27/2018 at 7:48 AM, charmed1 said:

You are not the only one. That was unmistakably a bag straight from Dollar Tree.

Poor does not equal tacky. Poor does not equal ill-mannered. I grew up with next to nothing. Came from people who had absolutely nothing. Hadn’t been on an airplane until I was 22 years old other than a time I was a baby. Yet, everything I learned about manners, how to present oneself, hospitality, being respectful of others homes and customs, giving gifts, etc. came from poor people. So Angela gets no passes from me whatsoever. The amount of money she probably spends on cigarettes could’ve bought her a nice vacation by now.

As a matter of fact, the $4 dress I’m wearing from Goodwill probably costs less and looks 10 times better than what she chose to wear in Nigeria. 

Amen!  I grew up middle class, I can't ever say we were poor BUT:  My parents knew how to make people feel welcome, came from blue collar working folks and proud of it. They taught us manners, taught us to be polite, and it did not cost a dime.

I did want to tape Michael's mouth shut in that shopping bazaar when they were looking at Nigerian dresses.  "This one?  This one?  That one?  Try this one!"  Over and OVER.  Stop badgering her!!!  Then.....he calls her fat.  I was like oh no this is not being filmed.....yes, yes it is!!!  Then she hit him?  Not a full on slap but still.....unacceptable. 

Good thing she stopped smoking - eyeroll here.

And I love the Goodwill.  My thrifty self raised a son who works there part time while attending college, lol!!!  Some of my favorite dresses came from Goodwill/Savors, etc.  They all look better than that outfit she had on.  She is 52 like I am 40.  (I am 53, btw!)

• Love 5

Here's a photo of Angela on her FB page where she compares herself to Marilyn Monroe. I wonder if this was the type of picture she had posted that Michael reacted to when he contacted her?

image.png.c8893a07a8a0dd248757d0f61d0595d2.png

or this one: image.png.dc7665c30414e11f163cdae669728bd6.png

Edited by magemaud
struck profile picture gold!
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Here's a photo of Angela on her FB page where she compares herself to Marilyn Monroe. I wonder if this was the type of picture she had posted that Michael reacted to when he contacted her?

image.png.c8893a07a8a0dd248757d0f61d0595d2.png

or this one: image.png.dc7665c30414e11f163cdae669728bd6.png

Girl loves her filters!!!!

• Love 6
On 9/1/2018 at 4:31 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Amen!  I grew up middle class, I can't ever say we were poor BUT:  My parents knew how to make people feel welcome, came from blue collar working folks and proud of it. They taught us manners, taught us to be polite, and it did not cost a dime.

I did want to tape Michael's mouth shut in that shopping bazaar when they were looking at Nigerian dresses.  "This one?  This one?  That one?  Try this one!"  Over and OVER.  Stop badgering her!!!  Then.....he calls her fat.  I was like oh no this is not being filmed.....yes, yes it is!!!  Then she hit him?  Not a full on slap but still.....unacceptable. 

Good thing she stopped smoking - eyeroll here.

And I love the Goodwill.  My thrifty self raised a son who works there part time while attending college, lol!!!  Some of my favorite dresses came from Goodwill/Savors, etc.  They all look better than that outfit she had on.  She is 52 like I am 40.  (I am 53, btw!)

she probably is 52 but the hard life and chain smoking ages one fast!

• Love 4
On 8/31/2018 at 1:56 PM, AZChristian said:

My never-bend rule about donating to people on street corners with signs:  If they're smoking, they don't get any of my money.  If you've got money to (literally) burn, I'm not going to contribute to your lifestyle.

they are over $10 a pack in ny.... and my husband and i each smoked a pack a day...that is until we quit cold turkey in 2013.  now i can't stand to the smell.  unfortunately we could afford smoking and that's why it took so long to quit.

• Love 2
On 9/1/2018 at 11:17 AM, Rt66vintage said:

@Baltimore Betty, Mother Snail it is! I thought Angela was quite surprised and hurt by the way MSnail rejected her gift. Was this her way of letting Angela know she has expensive tastes & will be expecting gifts from now until forever? 

I wanted to comment on that. I was quite surprised that Mama didn't at least pretend to be happy with the gift. I have known many Africans from various countries over time. At least with me and others that I've known, they are very into gift giving and accepting. They're polite, they seem appreciative, and they will often get you a gift or bring one from their country. Mama's behavior just struck me as out of character compared to the people I've met.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I just watched her Maury episodes on YouTube. Angela is a disgusting excuse for a human being. 

The WORST. I had to turn it off after seeing the newborn in NICU. i hope Michael has a clear picture of what kind of care he would get from her once in the states. I seriously would eat snails first. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

"Yes I'm a cougar! Love has no age!"....oh Angela.

I see where she's coming from (I'm 30, and despite him being more than twice my age, if Mr. Michael Rooker suddenly became available/accessible to me...hot damn!) but holy hell.... this woman is loud, overbearing, and probably reeks of cigarettes and cheap body spray. 

Edited by DixonVixen2359
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

So Angela decides to do her detective work (i.e., grilling Michael's friends about him) AFTER she has sex with him. Glad to know she's got her priorities straight.

To be fair, this is the same woman who traveled to a foreign country for the "love of her life" without asking or learning anything about his culture and societal norms.  I'm not saying she needs to learn everything but for fuck's sake at least try to educate yourself.  

• Love 7

Maybe getting onto Maury was their family's way of traveling?  Do those shows give them an all expenses paid trip?  I bet they came up with that story line to get on the show. 

And now that she's older with grown kids it's probably easier for her to save up money for her trip to Nigeria.  

• Love 2

I looked it up and if your story is accepted to be on Maury, the show pays your travel expenses, one night's lodging and meals. I still don't think there's been a definitive answer as to what the 90 Days franchise pays for as far as traveling, but it appears the American participants get paid for filming per episode. Don't forget they also have to pay for a production crew's flights, meals and accommodations so there's money in the budget for that. Angela seems to be a TV famewhore and I agree with other posters that she cooked up this "going to meet the love of my life" idea with Michael possibly after she responded to his FB message. They're both acting, he's looking at it as a way to get to the US but she just considers it more screen time with a hot young guy. I think she's just too over the top to be taken seriously and I'm kind of insulted that TLC thinks I'm so naive that I'm "buying what she's selling."

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Maybe getting onto Maury was their family's way of traveling?  Do those shows give them an all expenses paid trip?  I bet they came up with that story line to get on the show. 

And now that she's older with grown kids it's probably easier for her to save up money for her trip to Nigeria.  

Why would she bother to learn anything  about Nigeria? She expects Michael to move to the USA and learn her(Angela’s) ways. She has no intentions of ever returning to Nigeria, let his mom and friends come here if they want to see him. She wants her thirty yr old man here in her bed getting her off 3 times a night. The only reason she’s in Nigeria is that she couldn’t find a 30 yr old locally that would give her the time of day.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

Why would she bother to learn anything  about Nigeria? She expects Michael to move to the USA and learn her(Angela’s) ways. She has no intentions of ever returning to Nigeria, let his mom and friends come here if they want to see him. She wants her thirty yr old man here in her bed getting her off 3 times a night. The only reason she’s in Nigeria is that she couldn’t find a 30 yr old locally that would give her the time of day.

I'm sure even the possums and raccoons in her yard run for shelter when Angela appears.

She must have blown thru (no pun intended) (well, on second thought...) all the local rednecks.

Edited by RedBagWithMakeup
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 8/31/2018 at 2:51 AM, pollywood said:

I guess mother Michael is hoping to harvest the American dollar. Did anyone else think the snails was a producer's idea, trying to recapture the chicken feet magic?

I read an article that it was a set up. It was snails in a hot spicy sauce. The mom said she wouldn’t even eat it

• Love 4

I'm just getting to the latest epi - I was visiting friends over the weekend and they don't have cable (DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND I NEED MY FIX?) *sob*

Angela is slaying me when she walks in to meet Michael's friends and she's got her cell phone tucked into her damn bra.  

Thrilled to see she's singlehandedly keeping the cold shoulder shirt biz afloat.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-angela-michael-tlc-gamble-paid-offratings-video/

edited to add: it looks to me like their bogus love story was accepted strictly for the ratings and nobody thought there was a snowball’s chance in Nigeria that they’d make it as a couple. I do feel kind of sorry for Michael because he might have really thought he’d get to come to America if he played along. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
On 9/6/2018 at 3:39 AM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I'm sure even the possums and raccoons in her yard run for shelter when Angela appears.

She must have blown thru (no pun intended) (well, on second thought...) all the local rednecks.

Wow. 

On 05/09/2018 at 2:47 PM, iwasish said:

I doubt that she could get a 50 year old to give her the time of day. (I feel so mean saying that)

21 minutes ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

I doubt that she could get a 50 year old to give her the time of day. (I feel so mean saying that)

Oh I think plenty of her 50/60 yr old bar buddies give her the time of night, probably for an hour after last calll. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Omg, I don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody’s upper chest area look like that. Not an “alleged” fiddy-too year old chest. That thing looked like a drought-stricken tributary. 

Angela, why would you find it odd that a stranger who declared his love for you over Facebook, follows thousands of other random women on social media? You’re just the one who fell for it.

• Love 11
On 8/31/2018 at 11:56 AM, AZChristian said:

Hmmm  . . . my BIL was addicted to both heroin and cocaine for years, but beat that addiction.  He also smokes.  He said kicking cigarettes is FAR tougher than kicking either heroin or cocaine.

• Love 6

At the restaurant with the yummy, delicious looking cow hoof dish and Angela gets down and serious about the age thing... “are you going to be able to wipe my butt, michael?”.  Omg, what an awkward moment for the viewers... ewwww.  

My favorite, when he is explaining how important it is for him to have children, and she tells him how expensive is “artificial sermination”.   ???

i know they were talking about babies, but really and truly, artificial sermination could be a real thing.  Weren't Jim and Tammy Faye all about artificial sermination, back in the day?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

My favorite, when he is explaining how important it is for him to have children, and she tells him how expensive is “artificial sermination”.   ???

And now I'm thinking how Pole would mangle that into "artificial extermination" and sometimes the folks who have English as a second/third language seem to have a better grasp on the Americans' NATIVE LANGUAGE and I just cry.  

Not actual tears.  Metaphorical.  Mostly.

• Love 5