Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Judge, Jury and Gina

• Start Topic

Well, this episode was boring AF.

Why did Vicki look so bloated and sweaty when she arrived at the girls' dinner? 

Gina hates Newport, didn't work for her.  Why?  And where does she live now?

Shannon, why are you telling your teenage daughters how many calories they are ingesting?  Bad.  Don't start that, please.  Good on you for starting a food line with QVC but your daughters clearly didn't care for the food.

Eddie put together a rocking chair for Tamra.  Yawn.  Is it just me or does Eddie look better nowadays? 

Emily . .  this is the first week I've remembered her name.  Otherwise, I've got nothing.

Kelly is still rehashing the Michael set up.  Yawn.  Oh, and while she has a new sex toy that she met in Aspen.  That she also RUDELY invites along on the girls' dinner.

This season, so far, definitely isn't as interesting as when Alexis, Gretchen, and Heather were housewives.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Should Be Working said:

Crooks' drama? It was a hell of a lot more than your dismissive reference would suggest. Vicki and Brooks knowingly and diligently conspired and spent the entire season committing and perpetuating a despicable fraud about his having advanced stage non-Hodgkins lymphoma (which actually strikes about 75,000 and kills about 20,000 Americans each year). Both to engender sympathy from the cast and the TV audience and promote and profit from their fake cancer treatments. Recall all the times Vicki vehemently tore into cast members who questioned her role in the scam, even as the evidence of the lies and fraud mounted? How the producers protected her and preserved her place on the show despite the cast member and viewer outrage? How they meticulously engineered her subsequent resurrection and compelled Shannon and Tamra to forgive and forget all as if it never happened?

Several years later, ol' Brooks is alive and well (unlike many tens of thousands of the real victims) and is no doubt busy scamming his newly-deluded wife for all she's worth. Vicki, looking much worse for wear, has retained her position on the show and continues to regale us with her raging malignant narcissism at every turn. Both conspirators, sad to say, are doing fine.

"Crooks' drama" my ass.

This.  So damn much this.

• Like 1
  • Love 18
27 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Why are Emily and Shane’s mother embarrassing him on national TV about not passing the bar or retaking the bar. He’s apparently been able to find work ( wasn’t he her boss at one time?). I see another Shannon/David scenario coming up. Look, you’ve already established that you’re the boss and he’s the reluctant spouse, don’t give him an excuse to leave you by being a nag.

I thought the same thing.  That was crazy-bad.  That kind of turned me off on the new wife instantaneously.  

12 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

I keep telling you people;  Vicki's the OG of the OG's and she's going nowhere! Like Ramona and Bethenny, they can do no wrong in the eyes of Andy! She has said in front of him at the reunion last season to Shannon, "if you aren't happy, get off my show!" He didn't flinch because she was right! ;-)

Andy owes his success to the RHOC - and the guy whose idea the show was....don't know his name but I recall reading about the show's origins, and it wasn't Andy. 

NJ and ATL locked it all in, avoiding the fate of being a one-hit wonder, but it all started with the OC and the casting in the first few seasons with Gina, Jo, Laurie, and Vicki.  

All those benefiting from the show can look to that cast.  I appreciate the "loyalty" the show has shown the OG's.   I'm not sure loyalty is the right word, and business rules the day, but I do think he keeps some of the OG's around out of appreciation to some degree.  Or maybe it would just be bad PR if he axed those who buttered his bread in the early days without cause.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She already has.  shannon-beador-fabulous-night-new-boyfriend

Newport is beautiful.  Waaaaay above my pay grade, but beautiful.  

Thanks so much for the link.  I’m so happy Shannon has found someone.  Apparently new guy is from New York?  He sounds interesting. Shannon is not like the rest of them, IMO.  She seems more like the homey type with values.  Although she likes a good time also, she seems to have class .. not like the other two. Lol

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I thought the same thing.  That was crazy-bad.  That kind of turned me off on the new wife instantaneously.  

Andy owes his success to the RHOC - and the guy whose idea the show was....don't know his name (and it wasn't Andy) but I recall reading about the show's origins. 

NJ and ATL locked it all in, avoiding the fate of being a one-hit wonder, but it all started with the OC and the casting in the first few seasons with Gina, Jo, Laurie, and Vicki.  

All those benefiting from the show can look to that cast.  I appreciate the "loyalty" the show has shown the OG's.   I'm not sure loyalty is the right word, and business rules the day, but I do think he keeps some of the OG's around because they are OG's AND because they still bring the drama.

Yup.  I think you are right.  My daughter, a fan since the beginning said Vickie owns the show and will always be there.  Fiero425, you are 100% right.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2

I kinda like the new girls- they are quirky and imperfect and contrast a lot with the many  fake California biatches.

Shannon makes me laugh- I hope her frozen food biz is successful ( doubt it). I’m looking forward to seeing her enter the dating scene. When Shannon stood up in the hot tub and said “ this is my stomach right now, BAM”; that was it for me- ride or die fan now. 

Why didn’t Tamra and Eddie wait until their home was completely finished before moving? Chaos is stressful and Eddie doesn’t need more stress. 

In the previews it looks like Kelly might be stealing Emily’s pocket fairy Mother in Law- she sides with Kelly and confronts Vicki ! Pocket Fairy mother in law looks like she is trying to replace Tamra- pint sized workout queen.....lol. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Meanwhile, she ordered a Grey Goose with soda and "fresh" lime juice. 

Guess she prefers alcohol over food, diet wise.  

11 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Mmm, sprinkled with Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning!

Sounds yummy.  What do you put that seasoning on?

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Gina hates Newport, didn't work for her.  Why?  And where does she live now?

I would like to know the answer to that, too. I thought Newport was a very upscale, beautiful beach town. Californians out there, am I wrong? 

I like Gina but she's only 33 and the rest of the hags are in their 50's (except Kelly, 40's). I think she and her young kids won't fit in with this older crowd. They are not going to have much in common. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Guess she prefers alcohol over food, diet wise.  

anything!  i live in the hudson valley and we have a lady in hyde park ny  who started a cottage business making a spice called GOBS OF GARLIC.   it has lots of dried spices in it.   i make shrimp scampi, roasted veggies, salad dressing.  add oil to it and pour over pasta.  she sells at all the craft shows and has since branched out with other items and opened a little shop. as you see i really love all her products. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I would like to know the answer to that, too. I thought Newport was a very upscale, beautiful beach town. Californians out there, am I wrong? 

Not wrong -- it is beautiful and pricey (pretty much all the coastal areas are beautiful). The big prob is over-development, which is not limited to NB but also as you move inland through Newport towards Irvine, as well as north up to LA, where I am (fekkin' politicians and builders scratch each others' backs -- yes that is opinion as fact, LOL!). 

• Love 6

As someone originally from Long Island, I continue to be befuddled by the treating of this as somehow noteworthy or exotic.  Who knew that all this time I could have been parlaying my pronunciation of "coffee" into reality TV (semi-)fame??

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Sometimes on toast! Haha. But it’s really good on fish. I’ve even tried it on popcorn and it’s not bad.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Shannon, why are you telling your teenage daughters how many calories they are ingesting?  Bad.  Don't start that, please. 

I know she meant well, but that stood out to me as well. Focus on the ingredients and actual health. Stop saying, "This is only 230 calories!" As a recovering anorexic who started starving myself in my junior year, I do NOT want those young girls counting calories. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Andy owes his success to the RHOC - and the guy whose idea the show was....don't know his name but I recall reading about the show's origins, and it wasn't Andy. 

All those benefiting from the show can look to that cast.  I appreciate the "loyalty" the show has shown the OG's.   I'm not sure loyalty is the right word, and business rules the day, but I do think he keeps some of the OG's around out of appreciation to some degree.  Or maybe it would just be bad PR if he axed those who buttered his bread in the early days without cause.

I wouldn’t be surprised if superstition plays a part. I work with a guy that has been with the our company since it started, and he’s awful! Everyone says the owner doesn’t want to let him go because he’s superstitious. So he comes in late, does nothing but make trouble, and leaves early...

13 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

anything!  i live in the hudson valley and we have a lady in hyde park ny  who started a cottage business making a spice called GOBS OF GARLIC.   it has lots of dried spices in it.   i make shrimp scampi, roasted veggies, salad dressing.  add oil to it and pour over pasta.  she sells at all the craft shows and has since branched out with other items and opened a little shop. as you see i really love all her products. 

You live in a beautiful place.  We’re from Long Island and go up rt. 9 all the time to Rhinebeck.  Go to F. Roosevelt house, etc.   My granddaughter thinking of going to Marist.  Just love it up there.  Anyhoo, I’m going to try that spice.  Right up my alley.  Thanks for answering.

2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I know she meant well, but that stood out to me as well. Focus on the ingredients and actual health. Stop saying, "This is only 230 calories!" As a recovering anorexic who started starving myself in my junior year, I do NOT want those young girls counting calories. 

She’s talking too much about losing weight.  Eat healthy, you own food on a dessert plate.  You’ll lose weight without that frozen fish in a bag.  I’m surprised the dog ate it.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

You live in a beautiful place.  We’re from Long Island and go up rt. 9 all the time to Rhinebeck.  Go to F. Roosevelt house, etc.   My granddaughter thinking of going to Marist.  Just love it up there.  Anyhoo, I’m going to try that spice.  Right up my alley.  Thanks for answering.

thank you for your appreciation of the area.  I actually live in woodstock but with all my activities i'm in rhinebeck many times a week!  i like to say '8 miles in any directions from my home' i can see and do most anything!  it works for me.  come up for the sheep and wool festival.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

thank you for your appreciation of the area.  I actually live in woodstock but with all my activities i'm in rhinebeck many times a week!  i like to say '8 miles in any directions from my home' i can see and do most anything!  it works for me.  come up for the sheep and wool festival.  

I love “Sleepy Hollow” Halloween time, haha.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Thanks so much for the link.  I’m so happy Shannon has found someone.  Apparently new guy is from New York?  He sounds interesting. Shannon is not like the rest of them, IMO.  She seems more like the homey type with values.  Although she likes a good time also, she seems to have class .. not like the other two. Lol

this is why i wish she wouldn't associate with that skag Icky. It cheapens her.

41 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

She’s talking too much about losing weight.  Eat healthy, you own food on a dessert plate.  You’ll lose weight without that frozen fish in a bag.  I’m surprised the dog ate it.

Yes. i agree. My stepchild is a picky eater. Her parents have allowed her to be a pretend vegeterian who eats ham. They have allowed that cutesy I am so special shite carry on to her now middle school years. As a result I am seeing food issues. She goes in to the bathroom when she is presented with something she doesn't want to eat, overly concerned with her weight and a closet junk food junkie. We must be very careful with how we present food to kids. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SCS said:

Not wrong -- it is beautiful and pricey (pretty much all the coastal areas are beautiful). The big prob is over-development, which is not limited to NB but also as you move inland through Newport towards Irvine, as well as north up to LA, where I am (fekkin' politicians and builders scratch each others' backs -- yes that is opinion as fact, LOL!). 

Yeah well, they are building everywhere there is an empty spot of freakin land.  Traffic up the kazoo.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

this is why i wish she wouldn't associate with that skag Icky. It cheapens her.

Yes. i agree. My stepchild is a picky eater. Her parents have allowed her to be a pretend vegeterian who eats ham. They have allowed that cutesy I am so special shite carry on to her now middle school years. As a result I am seeing food issues. She goes in to the bathroom when she is presented with something she doesn't want to eat, overly concerned with her weight and a closet junk food junkie. We must be very careful with how we present food to kids. 

If it weren’t for chicken nuggets and fries, all these kids nowadays would starve, from what I see.  Lol.  My grandkids wouldn’t even eat a bowl of fresh chicken soup w noodles I made when they were sick.  So fussy.   BYW, who else could Shannon hang out with besides those three whackos?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I like Gina but she's only 33 and the rest of the hags are in their 50's (except Kelly, 40's). I think she and her young kids won't fit in with this older crowd. They are not going to have much in common. 

That's the point of adding Gina...because she doesnt have much in common with the others due to age, ages of her kids, and where she was raised.  It has the best chance of generating organic conflict. 

The hallmarks of these shows back in the day was adding a woman that didnt fit in for whatever reason to generate conflict.  I recall Shannon's addition in season 9 really highlighted this since she came from money, was new age, and quirky this ruffling heather/tamra's feathers.  Meghan's addition caused some interesting discussions on women who worked vs women who stayed at home (causing the first crack in shannon/vicki's friendship).

I truly hope Gina dossnt have any sort of friendship or anything with Bethenny...that girl needs to stay in new York and not invade orange county.

• Love 2
On 8/5/2018 at 11:12 AM, Mu Shu said:

Sorry, but the newbies aren’t clicking and I don’t think they ever will.  I get pissed when time is wasted on them.

small children are boring TV.  

Neither were clicking for me UNTIL Gina told Vicki what's up.  This has bought her a little love from me.  Time will tell if it lasts.  Just keep her kids off the screen.  I finally realize who Emily really reminds me of, Alan Thicke's wife Tanya.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 10

Eww Kelly. Lol, but it cracked me up. Of course she did it so Michael would see it. 

I'm also glad Shannon is doing the frozen meal thing. It's an opportunity and she went for it. It's different from all the Houswife wines or bathing suits. 

Loved Gina calling out Vicki ....I admit I only watch the newbies when they are with the other women,  I have no interest in their families yet.

Emily bores me. I watched WWHL and Emily and Brooklyn Decker  have to be the most boring guests ever.  I did like Brooklyn telling Emily that texting existed 10 years ago lol.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Shannon looked like she wanted to jump on Kelly’s date! I thought she was going to start drooling.

I am from NY so I will tell Gina to her face that I think those moon and star earrings look stupid.

Uh...I did not get that from Shannon at all...she looked grossed out as we all were.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

OMG, here we go! Let's bring up CROOKS! I'm gonna go to my bathroom and vomit! ;-(

The Brooks situation defines Vicki as a person.  She will forever be the person who helped her boyfriend fake cancer.  And seriously if any of these women hooked one of her exes up with their friends she would have a huge problem with it and would have a tantrum the likes of which we have never seen.

14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Not everything is forgivable.  Tamra needs the money and is astute enough to know she needs Vicki on the show.  Shannon is desperate for friendship.  So, the three of them are using each other. Kelly is not dragging out anything.  She just found out, something she probably already knew on some level, that Vicki is soul less. Kelly is reminding people.  Besides, it looks like the majority of the women agree with Kelly.

I am pretty sure all of them agree with Kelly.  The others just aren't up for the fight.

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Neither were clicking for me UNTIL Gina told Vicki what's up.  This has bought her a little love from me.  Time will tell if it lasts.  Just keep her kids of the screen.  I finally realize who Emily really reminds me of, Alan Thicke's wife Tanya.  

Yes she does. I kept seeing a tall thinner Carne wilson.  Alan Thicke's wife is spot on.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jextella said:

Wait.  I'm retracting my earlier remark about the new wife talking about how her husband didn't pass the CA bar exam.  I got to thinking that they probably talked about the issue before filming, right?!  I'm guessing they purposefully put it out there early-on so that it doesn't pop up on some gossip site as a slight on him.

Better to get it out in the open now on their own terms.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Vicki drives Tamra to her doctor's appointment because, "it's the least I can do". But where are the casseroles, bitch???

I still can't help but feel really bitter on Eddie's behalf, over Tamra's reckless injury. This could have totally been avoided. Now she's scooting around, saging the house, while Eddie is doing manual labor. (I know Eddie is probably the type to insist on doing "stuff" anyway, but still.)

QVC sells food? Anyone know if Shannon got the deal in real time? 

When Kelly accepted Vicki's apology at lunch, Ickster had a very smug look on her face. It was as if she was thinking, "Of course you will. They always do. That's why I'm the OG of the OC." 

That's why I couldn't be bothered to care when Kelly brought that shit back up after they'd apparently squashed it. Vicki even admitted she was just paying lip service to Kelly. So oh well. Fuck you. Now you can listen to an entire table tell you how wrong you were. I LOVED that Gina just went hard for her and basically called her a loser in front of everyone. Because that's exactly what she is. 

(Side note: I think I might really like Gina. She's pretty honest and refreshing. But I don't know how well she'll do in this group if she doesn't learn to filter a bit. She straight up pissed Vicki off, and she was also clashing with Shannon over Spanx and Newport. She doesn't need to be fake, but maybe a bit more cautious about opening her mouth? Lol, I say this as someone who is generally too blunt and pisses people off myself. )

Oh, so then Kelly brings her spine doctor to dinner and just starts making out with him in front of everyone. Ew! She totally did that so Vicki would run and tell Michael. She's immature and crazy, but she makes good fucking TV. 

Emily continues to bore. And, as someone who is not a perfect size 2, I'm not sure why she thinks it's okay to make fun of "Pocket Pary"'s size. 

Anyone take one look at her husband during that conversation and think, "Nope. That dude ain't taking the bar"?

They do!  I am a huge fan of David Venable.  He reminds me of Cam on Modern Family.  For some reason I love watching what they are selling food-wise on QVC.  Maybe I am just watching for David though.  He cracks me up.  I have gotten their Mrs. Prindables caramel apples as a gift.  They are really good.

I do not understand Shannon not liking the newbies just because they are newbies.   I didn't like it when it was Vicki's schtick and I don't like it when its Shannon's.  Give them a chance to prove they are an asshole first.  What is the deal with Emily's husband?  Is that his law firm?  Emily said he was her boss and I don't recall her being from Utah.  Wasn't it discovered that one must be a lawyer to own a law office when Eddie was running his adopted fathers or did I make that up?  I totally feel their marriage is a business arrangement.  ZERO chemistry.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Vicki remained uncharacteristically controlled when ugly Gina basically called her a loser and then was gracious when saying goodbye. That's the true way to diffuse a situation. WTF? So strange.

Was Gina calling Vicki a loser or Vicki's girlfriend a loser for accepting the date with Michael?  I honestly couldn't tell. 

Also, why does Vicki walk like a pregnant person with a back brace? 

• Love 4

Couple random thoughts:

The new husband is taking the CA bar, the new wife mumbled something about him already being licensed in UT.  I would imagine its harder to pass if you've been out of school for a minute or two.  BUT - when you already have a license, do you take a full bar test for another state, or is it an easier condensed version?

Kelly - I can't be the only one that noticed she had a shit eatin grin on the whole time she was making out with that guy.  That's NOT her boyfriend, she's doing that to spite her ex and vicki

Vicki's face.  'nuff said.

I heart Shannon.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Vicky is under the impression that she coined the phrase, and therefore must use it as many times as possible in any given episode.  There was a photo on her Instagram a couple of weeks ago with her wearing a Woop It Up baseball hat.  Yes, spelled that way.  Wouldn't surprise me if she hasn't tried to trademark the phrase.  Idiot.

By the way, what's with all of the baseball hat-wearing with this group?  

I believe it was around April of this year.

Woop It Up is not trademarked.  Whoop it up is an abandoned trademark (may or may not be viable).  She really is a dumbshit if she hasn't done this by now.  Maybe this is why she cannot get a Vicki product off the ground.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ladle said:

Was Gina calling Vicki a loser or Vicki's girlfriend a loser for accepting the date with Michael?  I honestly couldn't tell. 

Damn that is hilarious!  And pretty accurate. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Shannon, why are you telling your teenage daughters how many calories they are ingesting?  Bad.  Don't start that, please.  Good on you for starting a food line with QVC but your daughters clearly didn't care for the food

I guess I didn't view the scene that way.  They know their mom is struggling with weight and is trying to develop a product line for people like her that want low-calorie but tasty food (personally it looked like shit to me...).  To me that scene played much differently than when Yolanda was chastising Gigi for eating cake  during her graduation party (I think that's what it was).  Yolanda was overly concerned about Gigi's weight and overally concerned about her becoming a model.  I

31 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I do not understand Shannon not liking the newbies just because they are newbies.   I didn't like it when it was Vicki's schtick and I don't like it when its Shannon's.  Give them a chance to prove they are an asshole first.  

I don't think Shannon dislikes the newbies because they are newbies. I get the impression that the newbies all knew Shannon was a loose cannon so they prodded her a bit thinking it would secure their place on the show for a season or two.  And who wouldn't want to throat bunch Lydia?  And Kelly (although admittedly I love her now)?  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I guess I didn't view the scene that way.  They know their mom is struggling with weight and is trying to develop a product line for people like her that want low-calorie but tasty food (personally it looked like shit to me...).  To me that scene played much differently than when Yolanda was chastising Gigi for eating cake  during her graduation party (I think that's what it was).  Yolanda was overly concerned about Gigi's weight and overally concerned about her becoming a model.  I

agreed - and then one daughter says "is that alot", which leads me to believe that calorie counts are not a top priority for the girls, nor should they be.  (well to a certain extent, but you know what I mean) 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ladle said:

As someone originally from Long Island, I continue to be befuddled by the treating of this as somehow noteworthy or exotic.  Who knew that all this time I could have been parlaying my pronunciation of "coffee" into reality TV (semi-)fame??

2 hours ago, ladle said:

Gina is blunt and I love it.  Those bitches have to be put in their place for once, especially the Queen Bee.  Andy know what he is doing.  One thing I don’t like is Shannon beingwith Tamra & Vicky.  She meta nice guy ( thanks to SuprSuprs link) who lives in Orange County, is a widower, rich,owns a company, is educated, etc, etc.  Hope it works out.  Maybe he did business with David.  That would be a hoot.  Excuse mistakes, don’t want to go back and correct.  Don’t know how anyway.

39 minutes ago, ladle said:

15 layers of spanx, that’s why.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Didn't she even say something like, "If you find yourself wanting to lose weight..."?  Just, no. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ladle said:

Gina was calling Vicki's girlfriend a loser, lol. Vicki has already stressed two different points when telling the story. When she first admitted it to Kelly after being confronted, Vicki put the onus on Michael as being the one that asked her not to tell Kelly about it - to me, this read as an attempt by Vicki to suggest that she was respecting Kelly and Michael's relationship, whatever that may be. At the table when Kelly brought it up in front of the girls with a frame of reference that Vicki was a shitty friend for what she did, Vicki then said that her friend didn't want her to tell Kelly about her dating Michael, I guess in an attempt to look like a good friend to whoever this woman is. Gina's response was that Vicki's friend is a loser for asking Vicki to facilitate an introduction with the ex-husband of one of her friends and to then ask Vicki to keep the relationship a secret from Kelly. And Gina has a really fair point -regardless of whether it was Michael, this woman or both of them wanting to keep the relationship from Kelly. You're either doing something wrong, or you're not. And if you think aren't doing something wrong, there's no reason for grown ass adults to think it's any way normal to keep their relationship a secret as if they're a pair of high school students trying to steal kisses under the bleachers.

4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Shannon, why are you telling your teenage daughters how many calories they are ingesting?  Bad.  Don't start that, please.  Good on you for starting a food line with QVC but your daughters clearly didn't care for the food.

My impression from that scene was a bit different. I feel that Shannon used her daughters as tasters because she was trying to achieve a 'this tastes great, I would never guess it's healthy' response rather than a 'this tastes decent for healthy food' response.  Her teens would give her an honest review. If I'm not mistaken, the reference to calories was in her telling the kids how healthy the food was. The fact that her daughters didn't know whether 300 calories for a meal was a lot or not tells me that Shannon isn't imprinting her own issues with food onto her daughters though she may make comments that seem out of touch and don't seem malicious to me. Unless she obsesses over how they look and how they eat, I think they stand a good chance of not developing severe body issues (I stress severe because I think it's quite normal for people to not like certain things about their body but not obsess over it).

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 9

Gina’s marriage sounds like it was always in trouble.  They leave Long Island where she has family because a 1 1/2 hr commute to/from LI was taking too much quality time away, so they move to Newport where he eventually works and lives elsewhere.  Sounds to me like he accepted a job in CA and never expected/didn’t want her to go.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Emily was on WWHL last night and wasn't wearing a wedding ring

I don't know if it means anything on Emily's end, but I've been married 28 years and neither my husband or I wear a wedding ring!

Gina's voice reminds me of Marianne from Brooklyn (someone who always calls into the Howard Stern show). I kept waiting for the crows cawing soundbite they always play when she calls in.

Vicki is so annoying. You know Tamera's doctor was rolling his eyes in his head. She needs to go.

• Love 2
On 8/5/2018 at 11:12 AM, Mu Shu said:

Sorry, but the newbies aren’t clicking and I don’t think they ever will.  I get pissed when time is wasted on them.

small children are boring TV.  

^^^^^^ ALL children are boring tv. IMO. Unless they're somewhat occasionally amusing like Josh Waring. Lol. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ladle said:

I will pay you five bucks per hour and provide coffee if you will come to my house and talk.  I absolutely love the Long Island accent. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Couple random thoughts:

The new husband is taking the CA bar, the new wife mumbled something about him already being licensed in UT.  I would imagine its harder to pass if you've been out of school for a minute or two.  BUT - when you already have a license, do you take a full bar test for another state, or is it an easier condensed version?

It depends on the state.  Some states you can take a lawyers' professional exam and some you have to take the same Bar exam as newly graduated law students.  If I recall correctly (and it's been YEARS since I've thought about it because my exam days - whether bar or professional lawyer's exam - are way behind me, LOL) the more "attractive" the state (FL, CA) the more likely you had to take the actual Bar exam.

• Love 1