Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Take This Job And Stew It

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, queenjen said:

And sorry, dic pics in a work environment??? Hannah should have been straight onto that shit and had his ass fired. There's no comeback from that in a workplace. (or anywhere else IMO!)

Brooke could complain about the action going on in the upper bunk.  I would have shut that down immediately if I had to room with somebody who kept bringing their cruise boo into my sleeping area.

6 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Kate not only sets tables, she also makes the beds and has stepped in to help with laundry. We mostly see Hannah texting and just standing around gossiping. Has she always been this bad or are we just seeing it now?

I think the dislike of Bugsy overshadowed Hannah and her managerial....... skills....

• Love 7
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Usually they just use the glass pebbles which don't seem as bad except they are often shown sorting them by color to put them away.  I'm always like "ugh, just use a single color."  Or you know, don't sprinkle a ton of shit on the table and call it a tablescape.  I always think they look cheesy, but the guests seem to always go on about how beautiful they are, so maybe they look better in person?  I guess they can't just do fresh flowers and candles except for certain nights because fresh flowers are not ample on the ocean.

I have to agree, I think those little "centerpieces" look like shit, with the tulle, pebbles, shells - etc .. I bet if Hannah wasn't so busy name dropping, she could pick up an issue of HGTV and get some great ideas for centerpieces

• Love 8
8 hours ago, laprin said:

Did anyone else get a "more than friends" vibe from Liz and Sandy? The hug with the "I love you more" was interesting. This charter seemed to last half the time of the last charter, so the tip seemed right to me, but maybe it was the editing.  This seemed like a fairly "TV boring" group of ladies,  so not much for the producers to work with. 

Yeah, they seemed to go to bed super-early. 

8 hours ago, VAMom said:

Yes!!  Why is no one into Colin?  I don't get it.  Jamie is beautiful as well.  

I think Colin might actually be kind of annoying we just aren’t seeing it. He got a little more screen time last week and it was spent rapping randomly and whining.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

As Brooke was cleaning up after meal service I saw that she was making piles of glitter (?) that she could scrape back into their screw top container. What an annoyance. Are they really so cheap that they have to reuse sparkles?

I just heard Kate Chastain commenting on this on the Watch What Crappens podcast: she said she wouldn't be doing it that way. The small stuff is impossible and time consuming  (as well as potentially a health issue, getting stuck on Brooke's chin, for example, you dont want it in the food) and should have been used 'in vases' with the larger stones  scattered round. Kate was a bit shady about Brooke's 'tablescaping'. She likes her 'tablescapes' to have 'some symmetry'. She also commented on Adam throwing the clam bake down on just newspaper because the table is extremely expensive and she didn't believe it was protected enough. also, were the guests just supposed to 'forage' for their seafood? I think this is what clam bakes are all about, so the guests were happy. Most interestingly, she called bullshit on Adam telling us that freezing an octopus would kill any guest slaying nasties. I tend to agree that this could be true. 

• Love 3

A quick Google search has nothing about toxins and freezing octopi.  But!

Freezing does make it more tender.

A longer Google search.....says that the only real venemous octopus is the Blue Ring.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

A quick Google search has nothing about toxins and freezing octopi.  But!

Freezing does make it more tender.

A longer Google search.....says that the only real venemous octopus is the Blue Ring.

Yeah, the usual issue is tenderness.  Prepare octopus wrong and you can run a Buick back and forth over it and it will never get tender.

• Love 6

Did he actually talk about toxins? I thought he said he didn't want to poison them, and then mentioned bacteria. That he was freezing it to kill bacteria, as well as tenderize it.

I would be seriously pissed off if the chef wasn't feeding me, if that's part of his duties. I will say though that he (eventually) cooked a nice looking piece of steak for the crew. 

I agree that throwing that wet food on just a few pieces of newspaper seems like a bad idea for the table. Maybe there was plastic underneath-- I hope so.

After Sandy explicitly told Casey to keep her eyes on the table, why on earth did she wander off?

• Love 1

They get the right to set up lunch and film at the top of the castle.

Really photogenic spot but maybe not the best place to schlep up all that stuff on feet?

There are many similar places in Europe, with restaurants which can only be reached by going up a lot of stairs.  But they use these little golf cart like vehicles with a bed on which to load supplies.  Or at worst, hand trucks so that you don’t have to bear all the weight on the arms and back.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dleighg said:

Did he actually talk about toxins? I thought he said he didn't want to poison them, and then mentioned bacteria. That he was freezing it to kill bacteria, as well as tenderize it.

If it's as fresh as that appeared to be (bought right from the fishermen, bacteria shouldn't be an issue.  Wash it well and move on with the cooking.   I did some googling, though, and a bunch of generally reputable sites say that you can freeze it to tenderize it.  Freezing replaces the beating people use to do.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dleighg said:

After Sandy explicitly told Casey to keep her eyes on the table, why on earth did she wander off?

We saw Hannah ask/tell Casey to go work on the bedrooms after Brooke came back from break.  But I don't think Casey communicated clearly what Sandy wanted, since Colin ended up being asked to "watch the table" and he clearly had no idea what he was doing.  Sandy didn't just want to make sure the guests were watched, she wanted someone to attend to whatever needs might arise on the fly instead of Sandy having to go hunt someone down.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 10

We saw Hannah ask/tell Casey to go work on the bedrooms after Brooke came back from break.  But I don't think Casey communicated clearly what Sandy wanted, since Colin ended up being asked to "watch the table" and he clearly had no idea what he was doing.  Sandy didn't just want to make sure the guests were watched, she wanted someone to attend to whatever needs might arise on the fly instead of Sandy having to go hunt someone down.

This is another situation where it appeared (to me at least) that Sandy was especially concerned about her friends. We know that during dinner is when they make the rooms back up and that the kitchen is multiple levels from where the guests are eating. We have seen larger groups where all three stewardesses (or even an additional hand) are carrying plates up at the same time. Having someone stand there to immediately convey a need requires another person on dinner, not doing other deck stuff etc. While it can be useful for relaying a message of what's needed and potentially faster service on miscellaneous things it is something we haven't seen as a priority before and certainly not from Sandy, but these are her friends.

Sandy is really pushing this season the line between guests and friends this season while she has had a different attitude with Hannah on the same topic.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, dleighg said:

I would be seriously pissed off if the chef wasn't feeding me, if that's part of his duties. I will say though that he (eventually) cooked a nice looking piece of steak for the crew. 

Kate also called this bit of drama out on the podcast. She said that there is a huge amount of food available to the crew at all times. There is a selection of deli meats in the fridge, he could have made himself a sandwich, plus lots and lots of containers of yesterday's leftovers. That said, it IS part of his job description to feed the crew and Joao wasn't wrong about needing a good feed after long physical days. As Jamie said, chocolate milk isn't cutting it at a certain point.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, dleighg said:

I agree that throwing that wet food on just a few pieces of newspaper seems like a bad idea for the table. Maybe there was plastic underneath-- I hope so.

He said poisons.  I totally ran with toxins!  That's on me.

I just flash on to that puffer fish that if it isn't cut right, will kill you.

Colin watching the table with no idea why explains everything about Colin.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, roundtheworld said:

This is another situation where it appeared (to me at least) that Sandy was especially concerned about her friends. We know that during dinner is when they make the rooms back up and that the kitchen is multiple levels from where the guests are eating. We have seen larger groups where all three stewardesses (or even an additional hand) are carrying plates up at the same time. Having someone stand there to immediately convey a need requires another person on dinner, not doing other deck stuff etc. While it can be useful for relaying a message of what's needed and potentially faster service on miscellaneous things it is something we haven't seen as a priority before and certainly not from Sandy, but these are her friends.

Sandy is really pushing this season the line between guests and friends this season while she has had a different attitude with Hannah on the same topic.

I think it was more Sandy insisting that they provide the level of service that we've seen in past seasons.   Before this season, there was always someone up in the area of the table unless they were actively running plates up from the kitchen.  

• Love 4
On 8/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, terrymct said:

If it's as fresh as that appeared to be (bought right from the fishermen, bacteria shouldn't be an issue.  Wash it well and move on with the cooking.   I did some googling, though, and a bunch of generally reputable sites say that you can freeze it to tenderize it.  Freezing replaces the beating people use to do.

https://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm077331.htm

25 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Am I reading that wrong or is there no mention of octopus and it appears to talking about fish from stores not straight out of the sea.

You're not, but Adam might be freezing all seafood. Freezing seafood is all about killing parasites. I'm literally not an Adam apologist, but I imagine that he might be taking steps to protect himself and his food.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

You're not, but Adam might be freezing all seafood. Freezing seafood is all about killing parasites. I'm literally not an Adam apologist, but I imagine that he might be taking steps to protect himself and his food.

Since he said himself this was the first time he ever purchased seafood from a fisherman he isn’t touching anything that isn’t frozen. Even by the standards you posted freezing super fresh seafood doesn’t make since because unless you know how to process it correctly (and based on Adam’s demonstrated skills he doesn’t.) your going to give people food poisoning. 

To do sashimi octopus it’s not wrong to freeze it if you want to tenderize but next ep we might see that he is just using this as possible another reason to dismiss his shitty food.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2018 at 10:44 PM, biakbiak said:

I think Colin might actually be kind of annoying we just aren’t seeing it. He got a little more screen time last week and it was spent rapping randomly and whining.

I’m sure he’s annoying, he just hasn’t displayed the asshole tendencies the majority of the rest of them have and hasn’t gotten much screen time so we like him more. 

I’m pretty surprised that so many wonder why no one is going for him. I couldn’t be less attracted to him personally, unless his name was Joao, of course. 

• Love 4

All he did was make appetizers with it right?

I know in several European countries, it’s popular to grill octopus, more as a main dish than cold appetizers though.

On 8/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, HunterHunted said:

My thought was parasites too with the freezing.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:02 PM, Rebecca said:

he just hasn’t displayed the asshole tendencies the majority of the rest of them have and hasn’t gotten much screen time so we like him more. 

His moping/whining about Brooke while not the level of the asshole ness of the other cast we have only seen it a little bit. I just beliece he is just getting a “good” edit because in addition to being annoying he is boring.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

His moping/whining about Brooke while not the level of the asshole ness of the other cast we have only seen it a little bit. I just beliece he is just getting a “good” edit because in addition to being annoying he is boring.

You never know on Bravo.  He might be cracking one liners all day which have other crew laughing all the time.

But on this network, they want people yelling at others, staring down, threatening to get physical.  Those are the sequences which make it on the air.

Ja-wa-o needs to have every female crew member diss him. He's crude, crass and disgusting. And I don't give a fuck what he's been through in his life...he's an asshole/douchebag/binge drinker. He has zero respect for women OR any human beings. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Ja-wa-o needs to have every female crew member diss him. He's crude, crass and disgusting. And I don't give a fuck what he's been through in his life...he's an asshole/douchebag/binge drinker. He has zero respect for women OR any human beings. 

Seriously. There are 16 million people in Zimbabwe. They all don't get to claim that they treat people like shit because of Robert Mugabe.

• Love 3