Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Take This Job And Stew It

• Start Topic

Hannah and Conrad ask whether they will be able to coexist off the boat; Brooke and Kasey air their grievances over Hannah's work ethic; Jamie's hard work gets recognition; a group of Sandy's friends charter the yacht.

Airs August 7, 2018.

10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Joao walking drunk looked like Frankenstein’s monster. 

He would have to be drunk to fk with the boss the way he did by sneanking off his shoe like that! Joao looks to want to brawl; men, women, & GF's! Walking accident! ;-(

• Love 1

I've seen Sandy washing dishes and straightening up rooms while Hannah's off having "a ciggie and cuddle" with Conrad! Lucky Sandy didn't see their reconciliation; practically got to 2nd base on the dock! ;-)

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

I've seen Sandy washing dishes and straightening up rooms while Hannah's off having "a ciggie and cuddle" with Conrad! Lucky Sandy didn't see their reconciliation; practically got to 2nd base on the dock! ;-)

Sandy was also wiping down the cabinets. If the crew members don’t know or figure out what needs to be done, they should be dropped off at the next port with a one way ticket home. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, hoosiermommy said:

Your certain heartbreak is your own damn fault for choosing to hear what you want to hear.

Based on IG she isn’t the heatbroken one in this relationship.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Tell me more B...

11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s posted in the Media thread.

Before I run right over I thought I would say that Hannah is a complete asshole.  Conrad is 23.  23!  Who hasn't had a dalliance with a younger person?  You have fun and keep it moving.  She finally gets a clue then gets right back into it.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Based on IG she isn’t the heatbroken one in this relationship.

I wonder what it finally was. Her deliberate blindness toward men in general (“I’ve been cheated on” a lot before) must mean she must have had a walk in on him moment. Seeing is believing after all.

Regardless, she needs to drop her mopey woe-is-me victimhood. I am as over her and her feeling a as Hannah is with her job.

• Love 8

So Sandy said the tip was $12,500, and they each got $1,041, which means it was split between 12 crew.  Since there are 8 crew/cast members, who are the other four?  I think we briefly got a glimpse of the engineer (maybe two of them?) on episode one, but that leaves two more mystery crew members.  Anyone?

• Love 1

The fact that Adam hasn’t ever procured fresh ingredients from a fishing boat is why he is clearly not a yacht chef. Hell, I have done it in different places when on sailing trips. 

Also, while Joao is creepy and awful and is the one in a relationship, Kasey you can’t have have it both ways by insisting that you aren’t in the three way drama but letting him take your phone for dick picks and flirting back when he goes over the line.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Before I run right over I thought I would say that Hannah is a complete asshole.  Conrad is 23.  23!  Who hasn't had a dalliance with a younger person?  You have fun and keep it moving.  She finally gets a clue then gets right back into it.

I was saying to myself last week that Conrad was saving himself from those spider webs of Hannah's, but he couldn't stay away! Sucker! She's going to bleed him dry! ;-)

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

So Sandy said the tip was $12,500, and they each got $1,041, which means it was split between 12 crew.  Since there are 8 crew/cast members, who are the other four?  I think we briefly got a glimpse of the engineer (maybe two of them?) on episode one, but that leaves two more mystery crew members.  Anyone?

The people that actually keep the boat in mechanical repair...would you feel safe with this lot if there was trouble? I've seen 2 to 3 background engineers and a 'first mate' in previous seasons with Cpt Lee. They've certainly been less in view on this franchise. 

I'm trying to find the right descriptor for Joao. Pig? Player? In the closet? Brooke 'won' Joao by sheer persistance. Kasey is who he is really 'attracted' to in that he seems to see her as a challenge and to me, they are more suited. I mean Joao is not a prize. He's a mess. Joao is currently functioning at about 'Chris Brown' level in my eyes (the previously Christian guy that became a deckie and got his marching orders from Lee). Joao and Kasey of the horribly orange blonde hair and traumatically dark eyebrows, who is busting all types of girl code taking selfies with Joao and letting him cross all sorts of off limits physical boundaries, knowing that Brooke is invested in this fool and girl code dictates that even though it is known he is a tool, and he led Kasey up all kinds of garden paths 2 minutes before he 'made a decision' and started nomming on Brooke, Kasey is still saying she is Brooke's friend. I think Brooke has what it takes to be a bit of a bunny boiler and definitely a clinger, wouldn't surprise me if she steamrolls him into marriage . She gives me bad fragrance choices teas.

Like Hannah and Conrad, I really doubt that they've done the deed. Or if they have, it's been when Joao is somewhere between his aggro alcohol induced alter ego Jezabob and passing out, andit was one time and he regrets it. Brooke is already planning the names of the 3 kids they are going to have. When he's sober, it's very chaste. Body language speaks volumes. Brooke kept fishing for validation and security from Joao and he kept giving her the opposite. Joao knows he has let himself be pushed into this thing with Brooke. He now regrets it, but doesn't have the spine to dial it back down. instead, he is doing the nasty hurtful coward thing by continuing to flirt with Kasey. Uggh to all of it. Especially Brooke and Hannah's desperation. 

Adam trying to rehab his image is cute. But I'm not really buying it. Sandy is though, so that's all that counts. 

• Love 11

And sorry, dic pics in a work environment??? Hannah should have been straight onto that shit and had his ass fired. There's no comeback from that in a workplace. (or anywhere else IMO!)

• Love 10
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The fact that Adam hasn’t ever procured fresh ingredients from a fishing boat is why he is clearly not a yacht chef. Hell, I have done it in different places when on sailing trips. 

Also, while Joao is creepy and awful and is the one in a relationship, Kasey you can’t have have it both ways by insisting that you aren’t in the three way drama but letting him take your phone for dick picks and flirting back when he goes over the line.

If Adam could get a Sysco delivery in the Med, I'm positive that's how he'd do his "shopping".

• Love 16
7 hours ago, ninjago said:

Kind of embarrassing to have your friends be shitty tippers.

Perhaps it was the edit, but that seemed like a charter that was shorter in length than the others.  Maybe that played a role in the tip amt?

3 hours ago, queenjen said:

And sorry, dic pics in a work environment??? Hannah should have been straight onto that shit and had his ass fired. There's no comeback from that in a workplace. (or anywhere else IMO!)

I never actually saw him unzip.  He may have done it off-camera, but I sort of thought it was an example of his unfunny humor?

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have to agree with the stews. Hannah is in bed resting and has never once set the table for dinner? I’d be mad too. Kate was a much better boss. 

Kate not only sets tables, she also makes the beds and has stepped in to help with laundry. We mostly see Hannah texting and just standing around gossiping. Has she always been this bad or are we just seeing it now?

• Love 9
Just now, trimthatfat said:

Kate not only sets tables, she also makes the beds and has stepped in to help with laundry. We mostly see Hannah texting and just standing around gossiping. Has she always been this bad or are we just seeing it now?

Yeah, she tries to claim that when she's not physically involved, she's on her computer "provisioning" etc.  I call BS on that.  Unless her edits are skewed, we see her smoking and on her phone far more than we've seen her sitting down at the laptop.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Part of this may be the editing. Just after Brooke and Kasey are discussing that Hannah has never set a table this charter season we pan to Hannah in her bed trying to nap. I also think that they are correct in that Hannah gets more breaks (to smoke) than the girls do. 

• Love 6

I think Bugsy complained about her laziness last time or am I confusing crew members? Hannah is certainly no Kate! I’ve never thought that any of the crews on “BDM” were as good as the original “Below Deck” & the longer this franchise goes on the more we will get less actually trained crews & more actors & fame whores.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, she tries to claim that when she's not physically involved, she's on her computer "provisioning" etc.  I call BS on that.  Unless her edits are skewed, we see her smoking and on her phone far more than we've seen her sitting down at the laptop.

Though we do see her on her phone which in 2018 is equally likely to be provisioning as a laptop. 

The fact that Adam, Brooke and Hannah didn’t think about shells made me think they were supposed to toss them on the other side of the newspapers that took up half the table. 

Also, a ton of wine experts would contradict their insisting on 37 degrees for the wines would not actually be experiencing the wines as they were intended. Once they knew that was their optimal temp is shitty service but that is not how most think their wine should be served. Hannah actually did the typical wine service in the med with rose where you actually put ice into the rose which a lot of people don’t like but it’s legit a thing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Part of this may be the editing. Just after Brooke and Kasey are discussing that Hannah has never set a table this charter season we pan to Hannah in her bed trying to nap. I also think that they are correct in that Hannah gets more breaks (to smoke) than the girls do. 

But at least one other interior member has complained about Hannah’s work ethic on a previous  season. I definitely think she’s phoning it in. I think she’s over yachting. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I highly doubt it in this instance.  Why stand around in a hallway (or whatever it's called on a boat) on a phone vs. sitting with a laptop?  ymv

Because most of the smaller places and many of the larger places are doing it via text and emails and not needing a laptop, for a gazillion reasons sailing and not even yachting folk have moved to phones and not laptops. I am not even suggesting that Hannah is a great stew but the fact that she works on her phone, we have seen her do it, is not weird or abnormal in 2018 not only on a boat but anywhere particularly in Europe.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I am not convinced Hannah is so inundated with provision work on her cell that she can’t find time to do much else. Brooke has been chief stew before so I am sure she knows the ropes. She said provisioning does not take a long time. I think she mentioned it’s about 15-30 minutes worth of work and I don’t think she’s lying.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

This "my chief stew doesn't do enough work" storyline has appeared on every single season in both Mothership and Med. Kate's caught the exact same shit basically every season, as did Adrienne. I basically shrug it off at this point as boring, expected, and most likely a product of the edit. 

The tablescape/setting did strike me as a bit odd as yes Kate's always done that herself -- but from podcasts she's guested on she's also said that she really enjoys it. It does strike me as one of the easier and more fun and creative bits of the job...maybe it's normally a stewardess thing and Kate just likes it so she does it herself? Or maybe it's a chief stew thing and Brooke showed aptitude and an interest in it so Hannah let her have it? 

It's gotten to the point where I basically dislike all of the crew and don't trust their assessments of each other's work. It's just whatever. Also a lot of Joao and the stews' complaints of their managers seem to boil down to "please stop managing me"...yeah, okay.

• Love 18
45 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I am not convinced Hannah is so inundated with provision work on her cell that she can’t find time to do much else. Brooke has been chief stew before so I am sure she knows the ropes. She said provisioning does not take a long time. I think she mentioned it’s about 15-30 minutes worth of work and I don’t think she’s lying.

Brooke wasn’t chief stew but when they were bitching about Hannah not doing work we literally are also shown Hannah doing grunt work like folding laundry and rolling towels. I don’t think Hannah is amazing but it does also seem that she isn’t wrong. When she asked Kasey to go recheck the cabins we see Kasey with cleaner in her hand recleaning the cabins so perhaps she had a point. Particularly when she initially asks Brooke to check her work the bed is wrinkled as fuck.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

There are bridge crew members who are rarely seen on camera.

12 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Lizzz?

Her name is Lizzz?

ETA and she’s friends with Sandy Yawn

Did anyone else get a "more than friends" vibe from Liz and Sandy? The hug with the "I love you more" was interesting. This charter seemed to last half the time of the last charter, so the tip seemed right to me, but maybe it was the editing.  This seemed like a fairly "TV boring" group of ladies,  so not much for the producers to work with. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

She's always been lazy and spent most of her time on smoke breaks and gossiping.  It's just more noticeable now because it's usually with her boat-boo.

ETA: in Hannah's defense, it isnt like it is uncommon for smokers to take more and more frequent breaks than most non-smokers.  It used  really piss me off at my first office job and I started going on walks when all the smokers went out on their breaks and I was getting a lot of milage in during the day.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

Typical yacht charters are, at minimum, a week.  For whatever reason, the Below Deck series focuses on super short 1-3 day charters. Which means you're provisioning far more often and continually adjusting to new guests and their preferences.  The chief stew also plans events & excursions.  In at least one instance this episode, Hannah was on her phone finalizing details of the guests guided tour. 

Kate (and Adrienne before her) received the exact same complaints from Amy, Rocky, Sam, etc.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Typical yacht charters are, at minimum, a week.  For whatever reason, the Below Deck series focuses on super short 1-3 day charters. Which means you're provisioning far more often and continually adjusting to new guests and their preferences.  The chief stew also plans events & excursions.  In at least one instance this episode, Hannah was on her phone finalizing details of the guests guided tour. 

Kate (and Adrienne before her) received the exact same complaints from Amy, Rocky, Sam, etc.  

Fair enough.

• Love 2

I couldn't believe Sandy sat with her friendzzz Lizzz and the gang, at every. single. meal. and went galavanting about with them. And why 2x now have we seen her "friends" on the charter? Is the show that hard up for guests who will appear on the show? Not defending any behavior by the crew, but... I hope this is Sandy's last season. She's a terrible Captain/manager, IMO.... so unprofessional. Too bad Cap'n Lee can't do both Med and the original... I appreciate that he doesn't micro manage or kiss all his crew's arse with babying praise (except, of course, the black sheep Hannah/Chief Stew) I literally wish this season was over - I can't believe there are at least two more episodes (didn't they say 2 more charters left?), this season has been tedious. I watch because I'm a krap reality tv addict... but BDM is becoming less and less "must see" for me. Have to see it through to the end. Sigh.

• Love 8

As Brooke was cleaning up after meal service I saw that she was making piles of glitter (?) that she could scrape back into their screw top container. What an annoyance. Are they really so cheap that they have to reuse sparkles? 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

As Brooke was cleaning up after meal service I saw that she was making piles of glitter (?) that she could scrape back into their screw top container. What an annoyance. Are they really so cheap that they have to reuse sparkles? 

I don't think it was glitter.  It was likely something from the floral section at Michael's though because that seems to be the go to for their tablescapes.  They have to reuse what they have.  They don't have space to store infinite shit, they can't just pop out and buy more, and it is wasteful to just throw it away after one use.

15 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Hannah must have been on a budget to only have a Ralph Lauren ( not exactly sure what she had ) rather than a Steve McQueen or Chanel 

Another episode, another name drop.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't think it was glitter.  It was likely something from the floral section at Michael's though because that seems to be the go to for their tablescapes.  They have to reuse what they have.  They don't have space to store infinite shit, they can't just pop out and buy more, and it is wasteful to just throw it away after one use.

Point taken but it still looks annoying to clean up after each (most) meal services. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I don't get the fascination with Joao. I'd be all over Colin. I love a funny guy. 

Yes!!  Why is no one into Colin?  I don't get it.  Jamie is beautiful as well.  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Point taken but it still looks annoying to clean up after each (most) meal services. 

Usually they just use the glass pebbles which don't seem as bad except they are often shown sorting them by color to put them away.  I'm always like "ugh, just use a single color."  Or you know, don't sprinkle a ton of shit on the table and call it a tablescape.  I always think they look cheesy, but the guests seem to always go on about how beautiful they are, so maybe they look better in person?  I guess they can't just do fresh flowers and candles except for certain nights because fresh flowers are not ample on the ocean.

• Love 8