Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Duck, Duck, Boom

• Start Topic

Wait... I'm the first one?  Well, I get nothing except that I love holiday decorations. 

I don't care about Catherine and Lyle.  Nor do I care about Hannah and Louis.  Hagood is kind of interesting as well as Daniel.  And gay guy (sorry, I don't mean that to come across ...badly... I just don't remember his name).

On another note, I don't think Ashley was all that bad.  The others share blame for their behavior when it came to her and their own egos.

• Love 4

I have been a friend to a Catherine/Lyle couple and it’s beyond tiresome to the point we had an intervention where a bunch of us told them they could no longer talk to us about the other and we stopped inviting them both to things because it’s beyond tiresome. The finally got the message and moved on but it was crazy annoying when it was happening.

• Love 6

That real estate agent who gave Louis the keys to his office was waaaayyy over the top with her camera performance.  It looked like a really bad audition.

I thought there would be more from Ashley's return; it ended up being kind of pointless....which should be no surprise, because much of this show is pointless.

• Love 12

I kind of hope they do not bring Ashley back full time.  She brings some drama but not in the fun kind of way. To me she was emotionally unstable not to mention I don't want to see her strip down to her thong ever again and it was refreshing to see Daniel call her out in a kind but firm way..  Catherine and Lyle are seriously exhausting. I love how Hagood is so respectful and loving towards her parents.  I was a little disappointed in the Christmakuh décor.........Brandon would have made it much more fabulous.        

• Love 6

What I find so ironic about this show is that it seems the least staged and the most relatable in terms of the issues that are being addressed yet I feel completely disconnected from it and the people. Put aside the fact that I don’t find the cast particularly attractive, my main issue is that I don’t find them charming. They don’t draw me in, in neither a good or bad way. I will say that I do like Hagood so far. She’s a sweet girl who’s still figuring out life which again, is very relatable but she’s got a charm to her that I think the rest of the cast lacks and she alone is not enough to prop up the rest. Hagood and Daniel seem the most reasonable and level headed (aka avoids drama) but the drama on this show isn’t all that dramatic so their roles as the down-to-earth personalities seem less necessary.

I don’t blame the group for being tired and over Catherine and Lyle’s relationship. Sure, you lean on friends but there’s one of two ways to go. You lean on your friends and it inspires confidence in yourself to make hard, but smart decisions for yourself OR you vent to your friends and it temporarily alleviates your stress, making it easier to rationalize your ability to continually make bad decisions in your relationships. When you’re in an unhealthy and dysfunctional relationship and your friends constantly have to hear about it, it wears them down as well. The more people have to hear your problems, the more they take it on themselves and that’s where the frustration comes in and at some point, it’s going to boil over into a confrontation.

• Love 8

It’s all there in black and white. Lyle is the one in love with Catherine-“she can cast a spell over me” or whatever he said.

But Catherine is quite obviously not in love with Lyle. She was so full of shit telling Louis that Lyle is sending mixed signals to her. Yea, that’s why he proposed right? You suck Catherine. Tell him to move on and mean it! 

I think Hannah and Louis are sweet together. Seem like decent people. Still, I wish this show had SOME drama. Very snoozy. 

Hannah has a cute laugh. She giggles A LOT around Daniel....

Why can’t Catherine walk in on Lyle and Hagood in bed? Now that would be good TV! 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 7

I'm starting to like Daniel again. 

Savannah is beautiful at Christmas time. A Hallmark movie could be filmed there. 

1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

Still, I wish this show had SOME drama. Very snoozy. 

The drama is supposed to be the Catherine/Lyle relationship. The two most boring people on the planet. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Sage47 said:

It’s all there in black and white. Lyle is the one in love with Catherine-“she can cast a spell over me” or whatever he said.

But Catherine is quite obviously not in love with Lyle. She was so full of shit telling Louis that Lyle is sending mixed signals to her. Yea, that’s why he proposed right? You suck Catherine. Tell him to move on and mean it! 

I think Hannah and Louis are sweet together. Seem like decent people. Still, I wish this show had SOME drama. Very snoozy. 

Hannah has a cute laugh. She giggles A LOT around Daniel....

Why can’t Catherine walk in on Lyle and Hagood in bed? Now that would be good TV! 

love to see hannah with daniel.  

love  hagood  and like the show.  love brandon....now i'll go to the corner

i don't need drama.  i get enough of that with the housewives. 

• Love 8

Love Brandon.  The only way I could be around Lyle OR Catherine is if it only 1 of them, I would prefer Lyle.  It's too hard to trash someone if their "other" is in your circle too.

Is Daniel the one who whined about having to come home to help out in the law office and then he is now trying to break away but wants to use the financial lines of the law office he can never be a partner in and then when he told some other guy they had a snag and had to come up with a proposal the other guy thought the new business was in the bag?

If so, Daniel is an idiot.  I did the run on sentence for a reason, Daniel is an idiot.

What this show needs, to be as good as the original Southern Charm, is to have a person like TRav/drug dealer.  Then they would all want to be in a group and not be so splintered.

• Love 2

For all of y'all who like Brandon (I do too...he adds the right amount of snark in a lot of places), and if you haven't seen it yet, go check out the Paula Deen episode of Life on the D List here, at about 27 minutes in.  Brandon was Paula's drunken assistant, almost---not quite--sluring at Dorinda levels (but without the anger).

• Love 6

Lizzing I loved that PD episode. The chyron labeled Brandon as Paula's "drunk, gay assistant" which was hilarious within context.

Catherine has one expression: glazed eyes and mouth stupidly open, with smeared mascara and messy hair. And wasn't Lyle slurring his words in every single scene? He's lazy and dependent and really wants the cushy Cooper life.

Ashley is still a mess. It will be kind to keep her off of the show. I hope her husband is giving their child a stable loving home. I think he's an IT guy so he should always be able to find decent work.

I'm pretty much watching for Hagood and the scenery.

• Love 4

ASHLEY!!!!  And then...no Ashley..BOO!

I was hoping Daniel was going to have her to the dinner party as his guest but Delta baggage  probable called her into work...

I think Hannah has more chemistry with Daniel than with Louis.  With Louis she always shields her body from a hug or kiss.  How long were they a couple?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Jack Terrier said:

ASHLEY!!!!  And then...no Ashley..BOO!

I was hoping Daniel was going to have her to the dinner party as his guest but Delta baggage  probable called her into work...

I think Hannah has more chemistry with Daniel than with Louis.  With Louis she always shields her body from a hug or kiss.  How long were they a couple?

Yea, I saw where she went to the holiday party and greeted him with a hug and a kiss on the cheek, seemed strange. Louis is cute enough. When his skin clears he’ll look better, poor guy. But she does seem a little giddy around Daniel! 

I wish Ashley would come back on. She added excitement. 

• Love 3
On 8/7/2018 at 5:52 PM, jaybird2 said:

love to see hannah with daniel.  

I think Hannah would love to see Hannah with Daniel!

17 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Is Daniel the one who whined about having to come home to help out in the law office and then he is now trying to break away but wants to use the financial lines of the law office he can never be a partner in and then when he told some other guy they had a snag and had to come up with a proposal the other guy thought the new business was in the bag?

If so, Daniel is an idiot.  I did the run on sentence for a reason, Daniel is an idiot.

Daniel is the one who, in his early 20s, put his own life on hold to come in and save the family business from going down the drain when his father was convicted and jailed  for 21 months for obstruction and mishandling of company pension funds.  This was a very public news story in the Savannah area that had legs.  It was on the news A LOT.   I'm sure the negative effect on the business was monstrous.  From what we've heard on SCS about what Daniel has planned for his own business venture, it could also be very beneficial to the existing family business.  They should be backing him but his departure will probably mean that Daddy and older brother--who comes across as a DB--will have to shoulder more of the business burden.  I don't see Daniel as an idiot at all.

4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Catherine has one expression: glazed eyes and mouth stupidly open, with smeared mascara and messy hair. And wasn't Lyle slurring his words in every single scene? He's lazy and dependent and really wants the cushy Cooper life.

Just my opinion, but I think Catherine's an alcoholic.  She needs help.  

• Love 10

I agree that the family should be bankrolling Daniel's business ventures.  He stopped his life to bail out Daddy when he went to the pokey and kept his brother in a job.  Turnabout is fair play.  

Catherine is an alcoholic.  It seems to be par for the course, though, for any of the Southern Charm franchise to be a functioning alcoholic.  (Or, not so functioning, depending)  I will also say that I lived in Savannah for quite a while and it was never a "dry" city.  I'd run into people with their Kim Zolciak style solo cups at the grocery store.  

I did like how they strung the footage of all of the Christmas decorations together in a row to make it appear like all of the historic district is decorated everywhere, rather than bits and pieces of it.  I wish this show was more interesting, I find myself mostly watching for the scenery and to try to figure out where in town they are filming.  

• Love 3