Type keyword(s) to search

Sandra Lee In The Media

The Page Six post sounds like a trial balloon. Being on GMA a few times is no big deal. Lots of folks show up on the morning faux news marathon shows because they have so much time to fill. If Nate Berkus, who has real talent, couldn't make a daily show work, I don't know how a hack like her could. And don't get me started on putting her in the same league of the crew that's on "The Chew". Unless Gordon Elliott or someone of his ilk is behind it, don't see it happening.

• Love 1

Nice to see she's still into the booze.

I guess since this new show of hers has no name yet, nobody knows when it's supposed to start airing either?

And rescuing baby seals?  A noble feat, but it just seems like she's trying too hard to be perfect or something.

Her experience illustrates the importance of mammograms in early diagnosis.  That points needs to be made whenever possible, so it's good of her to help by publicizing her story.

• Love 2

That's one thing to say for Sandy. She gets out there and tries to publicize relevant issues for the sake of helping others. And she's very sincere about it. I expect we'll see and hear more about her in the coming weeks and months.

Hopefully this new lifestyle show that's in the works (if indeed, that's true) will give her some focus and help with her recovery.

• Love 4

Andrew Cuomo officiated at the July 4th wedding of Billy Joel and his 4th bride. No word on whether Aunt Sandy was there or not. I can't imagine her passing up any kind of celebrity do, so I'd bet she was lurking around in the background.

Wow. That's rough. I sincerely hope that she makes a full recovery. I don't know if the rumored new show will still be in the cards, but I'm sure it will be a long time before that is mentioned again.

A facebook post from Sandy just popped up, and I tracked back through some other photos.

I really hope she pulls through. She did some odd things on her shows but always seemed larger than life while doing so. Best of luck to her.

• Love 2

I never found Sandra Lee to be as awful and as laughable as some people did, but then I never watched her on a regular basis, so maybe that's why.  I also knew of her terrible childhood, so I guess I felt for her more than I might have otherwise.  When I realized that I wasn't learning anything, I stopped watching and haven't seen her show in years.

I feel so sorry for her having to go through that diagnosis and surgery and now complications.  That is certainly more than enough to test someone's mettle.  Andrew seems to be committed to helping her.  I hope she's home and feeling better before long.  I think she couldn't have talked to a better person than Robin Roberts, who has been through so much and has come out smiling.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

I never found Sandra Lee to be as awful and as laughable as some people did, but then I never watched her on a regular basis, so maybe that's why. 

I never did either.  No, some of her meals didn't look so great, and yes she did use lots of seasoning packets and cream-of-whatever soup, but I think she was trying to appeal to an audience that was using those kind of ingredients.  Truth be told, I liked some (not all!) of the ways she "dolled up" a box cake.  I also found "Cocktail Time!" *shimmy shimmy* kind of cute! 

I did see that the kind of cancer she has isn't typically life threatening.  That's not to say she has it easy, but at least that's somewhat positive in her favor!  I do wish her well and hope for a speedy recovery for her!

• Love 2

Sandra has been making the rounds discussing her battle with breast cancer.  She's a good egg and a strong woman.  <raises a Survivor-tini festooned with sweet 'lil pink ribbons to Aunt Sandy>

She was a terrible, terrible cook and I miss her Semi-homemade craziness soooo desperately (good, funny snark is hard to find), but I do wish her well and good lifelong health.  I would even go so far as to hope for a reprise of Semi-homemade.  Wouldn't that be f'ntastic?

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 3

She was a terrible, terrible cook and I miss her Semi-homemade craziness soooo desperately (good, funny snark is hard to find), but I do wish her well and good lifelong health.  I would even go so far as to hope for a reprise of Semi-homemade.  Wouldn't that be f'ntastic?

Yes, it would :)

Sandra had a great week.

She announced she was cancer free, received a blessing from the Pope and made a statement about body image by wearing this dress at the Emmys after her double mastectomy. 

That's great! :)
  • Love 1

Sandra has been making the rounds discussing her battle with breast cancer. She's a good egg and a strong woman. <raises a Survivor-tini festooned with sweet 'lil pink ribbons to Aunt Sandy>

She was a terrible, terrible cook and I miss her Semi-homemade craziness soooo desperately (good, funny snark is hard to find), but I do wish her well and good lifelong health. I would even go so far as to hope for a reprise of Semi-homemade. Wouldn't that be f'ntastic?

Absolutely agree with this. I used to hammer her show mercilessly, along with my mom and sis. Then we all met her at a book signing a few years ago and she was SO lovely, especially to my mom. I could never manage to snark on the show again.

And I had a mastectomy and chemo myself last year (cancer-free now) so I definitely raise a Sandra Lee Cocktail Time Margarita to her health.

• Love 3

And I had a mastectomy and chemo myself last year (cancer-free now) so I definitely raise a Sandra Lee Cocktail Time Margarita to her health.

Good for you! Continued health :)
  • Love 2

I saw that article in Parade yesterday and immediately thought of this group and the old days at TWOP. (sob!) When my husband saw her picture, he asked, "Is that the alcoholic lady you used to make fun of?" When I said it was, he said, "And she had cancer? Don't you feel bad about making fun of her?" No, not really, although I do have a soft spot for old Aunt Sandy nowadays. She was great for some snark and was highly entertaining, but she does come across as a decent person. And it sounds like her health is getting better. Good for her!

• Love 5

In checking my DirecTV guide, it seems she is a judge on the Halloween Baking Championships as well. I've set my DVR to record season two which starts tonight, 10/03/2016 at 9 pm EST  on food network and airs weekly.

I'm kinda looking forward to new Aunt Sandy content. I hope she is healing well and launches a new show of her own. I miss (snarking on) her. 

• Love 2

I am a good cook and cook with fresh ingredients..........my niece can't boil water and teaching her has been quite a trial.  I have resorted to Semi Homemade and it is working.  I notice The Kitchen has been using costs/time savings ideas.  I think it is how it is marketed and scripted.

I wish only the best for Sandra.  I watched the marathon of Halloween shows and still cracked up at how silly they were.

• Love 2

I just stumbled across Aunt Sandy in some sort of Halloween retrospective. We are seeing all her many costumes from years past. "I'm Sandra Lee or I should say Vivien Leigh from "Gone with the Wind."

how I have missed her! But I stand or sit ready to diss the recipes...

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I just stumbled across Aunt Sandy in some sort of Halloween retrospective. We are seeing all her many costumes from years past. "I'm Sandra Lee or I should say Vivien Leigh from "Gone with the Wind."

She's such a hoot! She's a judge on FN'S Halloween Baking Championship. Can't stand the host; just watch for Auntie S.

• Love 2

I hadn't thought about Aunt Sandy in ages until I came across some peeled hard-boiled eggs at the regular groshery store (or as Aunt Sandy would say, "pre-peeled hard-bowled aigs").  I'm surprised she hasn't jumped on those things already, or maybe she has?  She'd probably salivate if she saw them.  Too bad she won't be doing more new episodes of Semi-Ho!

So then I remembered this place and came back to take a look, to find out I missed the Halloween episodes.   Oh well.

Hey, did anybody catch Aunt Sandy's new Halloween show? FN snuck it in at a really odd time, but I recorded it. It was just a compilation of the "best of" Semi-Ho Halloween shows (costumes, tablescapes, etc.) Present-day Sandy was the host and it was pretty well-done. Wow! I had no idea how much effort went into some of those get-ups. She also, for some reason, added that clip we always made fun of where she (as a French maid) asked Tyler Florence (Frankenstein) if "she made him nervous." It was a good show and kind of poking fun at herself in some places.  Actually, I think the whole idea was as a promo to SL being a judge on the Halloween baking show. I'm just happy that she's feeling good and healthy again and back on TV! Cheers to Aunt Sandy!

Sorry. I don't know why the above never posted. FN is airing the above-referenced show tomorrow morning.  I wouldn't call it "must see," but worth some trips down memory lane for us old die-hard TWOPers.

• Love 2

I wonder if FN is trying to gently segue Sandy back into the fold. Tonight she was a judge on "Kids Chopped: Thanksgiving." She looked good and it looked like she's finally stopped wearing extensions. It looked like her real-life less-voluminous hair and it looked just fine. It was also a more toned-down shade of blonde.

I be thrilled to see her back on a regular basis. I've learned my lesson the hard way having to suffer through "Pioneer Woman," and then there's Trisha and Valerie and endless Guy Fieri ...

• Love 3

I know I should be discussing the topic & not the boards (boards on boards, oh my!!!), but I love the spirit on these Sandy boards...we may snark on her, but we love her, showing the snark is all in fun :)

• Love 3

Aunt Sandy is going to be on GMA tomorrow (billed as "chef", no less!!) as well as being featured on UNICHEF, a documentary also featuring Ming Tsai and Donatella Arpaia on TLC and Discovery family. 

Edited by sunsheyen
spelled Donatella wrong
  • Love 3