Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Slayer II

Quilt Fairy
  • Start Topic

As winter draws near, food becomes scarce and the survivalists must catch any game that comes their way, no matter the size; lack of food isn't the only challenge, as the lack of companionship drives one participant to face his biggest fear.

Ah, Randy, no!!

• Love 6

I’m disappointed in Randy. If he has to be “in a community “ so much, why go on “Alone” again. Why did he tap out the first time. I don’t remember. Was it one of those “I’ve done all I wanted to do” ? tapouts?

Keep Going Britt!

What has Sam been doing the past few weeks? Apparently, not much since he only now decided to reinforce his shelter.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

He had such a nice little cabin.

He had such nice abs. 

Why did he tap out the first time.

His ferro rod rolled into the fire.

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

He had such nice abs. 

His ferro rod rolled into the fire.

No, he was able to do friction fires.  He tapped for the exact same reason!

He loves living off the land, but hates not sharing it.

SOB, I thought he’d learned to grapple with that.  Britt seems to have done so.  All my hopes are on him now, and maybe Sam if I have to choose another.

In the beginning I was rooting for Larry, too, but he’s such a damn camera Queen, it pisses me off.  His shelter’s no better than Sam’s, but at least Sam is trying to shore his up.

BTW Larry, if all the mice freeze, what will you have to eat?

Dave looks bad.  Really, really sick.  All that running around has eaten away his muscles.  Britt still looks pretty healthy, as does Sam - tho the weight loss is more noticeable on the latter.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

What has Sam been doing the past few weeks? Apparently, not much since he only now decided to reinforce his shelter.

Sam reminds me of the Aesop fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare".  The moral of the story is "The race is not always won by the swift" or "Slow and steady wins the race".  In this situation that wisdom seems very apt.  Dave has already lost 27 lbs. by the same day he only lost 13 in his original season.  He even knows he's expending a lot of energy and that he's taking a big risk spending that energy looking for bigger game.  

I'm beginning to see that mental toughness is at least as important as survival skill in winning this game.  It takes a certain kind and degree of mental tenacity to fight off the demons that extreme isolation and hunger bring.  The mood swings and hyper-focusing on little things mess with their minds.  It's a fascinating psychological study.

10 minutes ago, roamyn said:

BTW Larry, if all the mice freeze, what will you have to eat?

Hah, I thought the same thing!  It's another example of how the starvation and isolation makes them not use better judgment.  

• Love 11

Dammit Randy.  That shelter gave me all sorts of hope that he would go far.  I was more skeptical of Larry , Sam and Dave's shelters, and figured they'd be gone before Randy.  I guess that Britt is the one now.  I'm kind of hoping that Larry gets eaten by a bear, just so he'll shut up.

• Love 12

What gets me about these contestants is that they've done this before and should have some idea of what they would have to overcome to win.  I wonder if some of them came back not to win, but because the show might be paying them something just to be there.  I'm getting the feeling that some of them are tapping out in a calculated way, like only taking so much and then throwing in the towel before things got really rough just so they can be on the show again.  In other words, they were not serious about lasting to the bitter end.  I would think that only the people that were the most serious about sticking it out in order to win would want to do a second season.  I'm still not over Carleigh's bad luck as she was one of the most determined contestants I can remember.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

What gets me about these contestants is that they've done this before and should have some idea of what they would have to overcome to win.  I wonder if some of them came back not to win, but because the show might be paying them something just to be there.  I'm getting the feeling that some of them are tapping out in a calculated way, like only taking so much and then throwing in the towel before things got really rough just so they can be on the show again.  In other words, they were not serious about lasting to the bitter end.  I would think that only the people that were the most serious about sticking it out in order to win would want to do a second season.  I'm still not over Carleigh's bad luck as she was one of the most determined contestants I can remember.

I agree.  Randy specifically stated he wanted to “prove himself” and stay longer than the 21 days he stayed on S2.  I do think Larry, Sam & Britt are in it for the money, but I can’t tell w/Dave.

• Love 6

The fact these people have done this once before, and come back with no knowledge gained from the first time, it ticks me off. This is my least favorite season.

Larry can put a stick up the frozen mouse’s rear and make a popsicle. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She had no skills to speak of. All she did was lay around in her sleeping bag. If she'd known to take a multitool instead of a beltknife, and a Cold Steel shovel (with a saw edge) instead of axe and saw, she could have heated the shovel red hot on a back corner, where the loss of temper would not matter, used the shovel to heat the hook red hot, and used the hook itself to cauterize the wound. Use the needlenose pliers of the multitool to force the hook on around, in the direction that it's headed, cut off the eye of the hook and pull it out. Use boiling water to sterilize a hunk of t shirt, with which to wrap the wound vs contamination, use the duct tape to secure the cloth in place. So she was neither all that determined, nor knowledgable.

11 hours ago, dgpolo said:

He had such a nice little cabin.

wasting two weeks of net-fishing time on that cabin is what messed over his chances. You only have a month or so of really good fishing and he blew half of it on that cabin. Dumb move, man. This aint Vancouver Island, where it rarely freezes on the shoreline. Those fish stay in the lakes for all but at most  2 months of the year. A simple google search would have told them that, before going on the show.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Sam reminds me of the Aesop fable, "The Tortoise and the Hare".  The moral of the story is "The race is not always won by the swift" or "Slow and steady wins the race".  In this situation that wisdom seems very apt.  Dave has already lost 27 lbs. by the same day he only lost 13 in his original season.  He even knows he's expending a lot of energy and that he's taking a big risk spending that energy looking for bigger game.  

I'm beginning to see that mental toughness is at least as important as survival skill in winning this game.  It takes a certain kind and degree of mental tenacity to fight off the demons that extreme isolation and hunger bring.  The mood swings and hyper-focusing on little things mess with their minds.  It's a fascinating psychological study.

Hah, I thought the same thing!  It's another example of how the starvation and isolation makes them not use better judgment.  

If you feed yourself properly, via the netfishing and cambium (properly prepped) you dont have anywhere near the pressures on you to quit. Lots of these guys pretend to be "survival instuctors", so they just want the free advertising on TV. I'd run far away from them as my "instructors"   for such stuff. The practice the wrong things, man.  Like primitive fire, primitive shelter, primitive fishing, flintknapping. You can carry 2 lbs of stuff that make you WAY better off than the most skilled man at such stuff, cause the resources are often not where you need them. Then all that ability means nothing. You can easily be too injured or ill to do such stuff, too. So no thanks, I"ll carry a multi-tool, modified SOL escape bivvy, a bugnet bag to deal with the condensation, and a UCO candle lantern (beeswax candles only). For this show, they have tarps, sleeping bag, all sorts of good stuff. So there's no need of primitive anything.  

Sam COULD have made a stake and rock weir in the river, which will at least suffice to slow down the fish, so that he could club or spear them.  He could make gorge hooks out of wood, bone, or thorns. He could make  up to  4000 sq ft of 4" mesh netting out of the 20x20 tarp, and then weave in splits of local shoots, vines, roots, reeds to convert the netting into  2" mesh. when you are using it as a seine or fish weir, the fact that the fish can see the netting doesn't matter. An occasional failure of such primitive "cordage" here and there wont matter, either.

If Sam wins by being fat and doing nothing, it's going to kill off the show. Nobody's going to be interested anymore.

Edited by beatu
  • Love 1

bs, bs, bs, Randy just starved himself by not netfishing, wasting time on a cabin that he was never going to need. Anyone could see that.  That's what's going to get Brit, too. Daves' wasting too much energy hunting, instead of fishing. So it's going to come down to Larry and Sam. I dont think  Larry has what it takes, in the way of bodyfat. He's certainly not able to handle the foraging and the mice. 

• Love 2

I was overjoyed to see F-ing Larry but now can't follow the series. How is he doing?

I had subscribed to Sling again but they aren't showing Atlanta and Americans are boring so I unsubscribed again.

Does F-ing Larry stand a chance?

Why did Brett stop fishing when he caught one fish? Maybe they edited it to seem that way because if I caught one I'd stay out there and hope he had friends.

I have to mute Fuckin Larry. I was hoping he'd tap.

Randy tapped because he missed his friends and his tum tum was empty. It was pathetic the first time. Second time was just pathetically sad.

Don't they have emergency rations? I forget the name of the guy who tapped after 5 days or so because he was hungry. Didn't he take any emergency rations or did he eat them all the first 4 days?

A mouse has 30 calories. Why do they get so excited about one mouse. (If I had the guts for it, which I don't) I'd catch about a hundred mice and make myself a nice pot of mouse stew. That sounds hearty.

I keep forgetting Sam is there. The show is boring. I watch because I need to see things thru to their conclusion.

• Love 4

I'm sad about Randy. I knew his (Take A) Hike would be his last big thing, too (everyone goes for a hike right before they tap). 

Watching the previews where they show someone walking in snowshoes, I think I figured out who it is. 

Spoiler

Sam has the same rust-colored pants.

• Love 4

F*ckin' Larry is waaaay too volatile to win this thing, methinks; when even the chyron is like "Mood swings...*cough*..." you know ya gots yerself some Larry! That said, I laughed and laughed at his manic declaration that he was going to name his Paiute traps! Give them names, awesome devastating menacing names! and then came up with Slayer and...Slayer II.  Come on, that's comedy gold. Bless that crazy f'in man. 

I'm sorry to see Randy go...but his exit reminds me of something I've wondered since the beginning. For tappers with well-established campsites, there's that traditional time-lapse dolly shot where the shelter and site are taken down by magical elves  someone to leave no apparent trace.  I assume production does that, but it's so quick and seamless I can't quite figure out how. Do they truck in a whole demolition crew to remotest Mongolia and do it in an afternoon? Do they toss all the debris just beyond the parameters of that shot? 

Sam's hunker-down-and-starve-em-out strategy seems effective but utterly boring to me, and I keep waiting for Dave to need medevac services. I guess I'm in the tank for Britt? He seems to be the only one who's remembered some lessons from his first go-round, and is still considering and modifying his approach on a daily basis. 

• Love 10

If sam wins by doing nothing, it's going to kill the show. So they might disallow that bs, which might let Larry win. The others have no chance. cause Dave's used up all his bodyfat trying to hunt, Britt's wasted a lot of it on a shelter that he'll never need, cause he's going to starve out before winter really hits, just like Randy did. The nice shelter is a waste of energy and precious time, when you need to be catching 20+ lbs of fish per day, by making netting out of the 20x20 tarp and using it properly. Those cabins will need a lot of firewood in order to handle winter, and they wont have the energy to go get it. If they knew to get into a small dugout, basically grave-size, with a foot thick of compressed grass all around, they could maybe last a month, tops.  But none of them know that much and none of them knew to bring the Cold Steel shovel. Fowler was the only one with even that much sense and even he later said that he should have skipped the axe.  Mongolia has nothing like the big wood that is all over Vancouver island, so you dont need a big saw. Just modify one edge of the E tool, until you've got  8" of saw blade on that edge. Saws used to be made by hand, you know.  It's not that hard if you've got a Dremel hand-held  grinder (or the $15 copy of same sold by Harbor Freight tools). A vice, hammer, punch and $20 caliper are all you need to offset the teeth, so you can get a real kerf.  Flatten out the curve of the shovel a bit on that side, and you can cut 2" deep before the curve of the shovel stops you. You're not allowed to cut live trees bigger than  8"  OD on this show.  Cut 2" deep all the way around an 8" OD tree or log, and you can break it with your bodyweight. This works far better than trying to create a dugout  with a saw or axe. :-)

Inside such a shelter, your body heat and the insulation wont let your drinking water freeze, and you CAN arrange for your dried meat and fish to freeze, if you want and if you've got enough of it to need the extension of its edible-time. Remember, you are clearing at least  $3000 a day and if you win by being the only guy to not lose any weight, you'll make another clear  1/4 million by selling endorsements, vids, classes and books. So you have to learn to control your mind for a week at a time, so what? Come out, melt and boil some ice/snow,fill up the rainsuit (7+ gallons) and go back inside your dugout for another week. You wont have to be in there more than a month, guaranteed.  You wont be eating more than 3 lbs of fish per day, and maybe a lb of boiled and fried cambim to go with it, so there wont be much in the way of feces to deal with.  Make a waste container out of the tarp and tape, inside of a basket  you make. Dry out things with dirt. Empty the container when you come out for water.  There are many reasons why you need to take the duct tape, guys. Not needing a fire in your shelter  is a tremendous advantage over what the know-nothings will have.

Edited by beatu
  • Love 1

Randy should have put a "for sale" sign in front of his cabin.

1 hour ago, pagooey said:

For tappers with well-established campsites, there's that traditional time-lapse dolly shot where the shelter and site are taken down by magical elves  someone to leave no apparent trace.  I assume production does that, but it's so quick and seamless I can't quite figure out how.

I thought they just showed time-lapsed footage in reverse instead of actually taking down the shelters. Maybe they do pull down the plastic tarps, but why not let everything else just return to nature.

Sort of hate the "ugh! I'm sooooo lonely" b.s. because um, "Alone?" Get it? 

As I say pretty much every week, Larry is much too volatile for my liking and I find him very scary. He's not someone I would want to have a relationship with, not even a shallow one.

I decided that I want to buy a Mellow Yellow. That thing would be great to have here in New England.

• Love 9

Welp...so much for me picking Randy for the win.  I'm moving on to Britt now.  Hope he gets more fish.  Dave makes me hungry and Sam ate a leech.  Larry....Larry is yukking it up for the camera too much for me to take him seriously.  I believed him last time but this time seems forced in a way that just grates. Plus you can see daylight through his shelter...30 below? No.  Its a shame too as I was so excited to have him back and was really rooting for him.  

• Love 11

it's going to be over before winter really hits. they are all just starving, same as every other contestant, cause they dont know to HOG fish, by making lots of netting out of the 20x20 tarp. Larry is right to not bother with much of a shelter. I"d have mine built in half an hour. I'd need longer to make the portable raised wooden bed, tho. Once it frosts, then it only takes  3 days to make a dugout shelter stuffed full of grass, no need of a fire in it. That's the way to go, if you have to handle the winter there, but nobody will have to do so. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

I believe Mitch’s mother had cancer, and he was worried abt her.  Am I remembering it right?

Yes, that was his main stated reason for tapping, he couldn't get it out of his mind. I hope she is in remission now! I should go look it up and see if I can find out.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, roamyn said:

I believe Mitch’s mother had cancer, and he was worried abt her.  Am I remembering it right?

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Yes, that was his main stated reason for tapping, he couldn't get it out of his mind. I hope she is in remission now! I should go look it up and see if I can find out.

Yup, I think it was brain cancer. I fully understood his pulling himself. I can even understand the people who cave to the loneliness the first time they head out. Most people don’t spend extended time away from society and so we don’t know how we would respond. But if you DOR the first time out because you cannot get buy without social interaction, why would you think the second time will be different? 

So the Brooke and Randy drops bother me because they were legit contenders and they left for the exact same reason they did last time. Annoying as all hell and gone.

• Love 9

Yeah, once Randy decided to hike a mountain for no particular reason, I knew he had already decided he would be tapping soon. Another guy did that in an earlier season.  

I can't judge Larry too harshly cuz he reminds me of my own brother Larry. He has a wife and 2 kids, but he constantly talks to himself out loud, cussing frequently. He fixed my sink the other day and talked to himself through the whole procedure, getting angry and cussing violently when anything went awry. It drives me nuts, cuz I am always going "are you talking to me?" or "is everything all right?!" It's a weird character trait, but he really can't help it.  

This season is turning out to be way more boring than I anticipated. Perhaps Mongolia so close to winter was just too damn hard. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Yeah, once Randy decided to hike a mountain for no particular reason, I knew he had already decided he would be tapping soon. Another guy did that in an earlier season.  

I can't judge Larry too harshly cuz he reminds me of my own brother Larry. He has a wife and 2 kids, but he constantly talks to himself out loud, cussing frequently. He fixed my sink the other day and talked to himself through the whole procedure, getting angry and cussing violently when anything went awry. It drives me nuts, cuz I am always going "are you talking to me?" or "is everything all right?!" It's a weird character trait, but he really can't help it.  

This season is turning out to be way more boring than I anticipated. Perhaps Mongolia so close to winter was just too damn hard. 

The one guy who did the hike did it on day 22 in honor of the 22 Soldiers who commit suicide a day. He had planned that hike before he started the show. 

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

The one guy who did the hike did it on day 22 in honor of the 22 Soldiers who commit suicide a day. He had planned that hike before he started the show. 

I had forgotten about Justin, he is one of the few contestants ever who did a long hike and "lived" to tell about it! (according to Wikipedia he didn't tap until day 35)

• Love 4

I know Larry seems hard to take this time, but I still have a fondness for him. He is consistent in hating mice from the first time to this one, but I enjoy the others have found them useful snacks. 

As far as dave is concerned, I think he is just one of those people that can't sit still, and he burns calories just thinking about doing things, so he needs a lot more to sustain him.  He had been successful in hunting o a larger degree than others around him.  

Sam is just sam, someone who is not offensive, not shown a lot, it tends to frustrate him, he said he did a lot of how to videos as the production asked and they jsut don't show any.  I have to check, he was posting at Reddit, but then I got ill, and sort of disappear for a while need to see if he posted some more he mostly talks about season one as an example since that season is done. 

Britt seems to be keeping the right attitude and having a lot of fish success, but that to shall pass, he hate a grasshopper, so we will see what he eats next. 

things will be getting desperate soon with the cold setting in.

I understand how people think they can last but the loneliness can really reach in and get you when yo least expect it. A couple of times I was snowed in for a month, if you don't dig your car out of a very long driveway with in a few days, it can freeze in place. I remember when I had to pick some one up after 4 weeks I was boiling water and throwing it on the ice and snow trying to melt my way out.   after a few weeks, albeit with internet and TV and telephone, I did get severe cabin fever and had to go out and talk to someone  face to face

• Love 5

This stuff is a cakewalk compared to solitary confinement in prison, believe me. I dont recall ever being lonely. i can work on fast draw or throwing knives, or dryfire  for hours on end, no problem at all.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Charlesman said:

Brooke did the hike & tap two episodes ago

Hmmm...I wonder what the mental correlation is between hiking just before giving up?  Didn’t that Chris McCandless go on a long hike before he essentially gave up?  (In the most literal sense).  It’s been quite awhile since I read that book.

Larry shouting “I’m Alive, Mongolia”, had me thinking abt the book Alive, abt the 1972 Uruguay rugbe team plane crash.  No, they weren’t alone, per se, but they couldn’t tap out - unless they wanted to die.  If the Aloners couldn’t tap out, and had to be pulled only medically (or for family emergency), how long could they theoretically go?

• Love 2

They'd probably quit even sooner, without the money inspiration and the idea of spending it.  Most people do quit pretty easily, when agony seems inevitable and never-ending.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I think there is no food out there for them now. Maybe the occasional grayling and the mice. I’m not even sure mice are a net calorie gain. 

Sam hasn’t exactly prospered out there but he is the best conditioned to win a starvation battle. I think 55 days wins it. 

• Love 1

I think Sam has a significant, advantage, since all the others were too ignorant to make and use the hell out of netting when they had the chance. They could have eaten 6 lbs of fish and 2 lbs of boiled and fried cambium a day for over a month and also stored 200+ lbs of fish and game, but they blew their chance.

• Love 1

My question is does any of these participants have a functioning idea of how to hunt med. sized game. I see them screaming and walking around talking to the camera. Saying how beautiful mongolia is just before they tap out.  Who knows maybe its more difficult than they make it appear all the way up to the time they tap

Dave at least appears to.  But we see how hard hunting has been on his body w/o proper nourishment.  I don’t think the question is “do they know how”; but rather “can they physically hunt real game”?  That’s why being successfully at fishing is more important.  Less calories expended.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I know Larry seems hard to take this time, but I still have a fondness for him. He is consistent in hating mice from the first time to this one, but I enjoy the others have found them useful snacks. 

I still like Larry (oops...Fucking Larry).  I can kinda sympathize about the mice - I had them in the walls for about a week until my LL finally took care of it, and at 3 in the morning, when you're woken by "scratch scratch scratch" it is so LOUD you're just about to lose your mind.    I would try banging on the beams with a broom, which worked for one night until they realized that it wasn't a threat. 

On 8/3/2018 at 3:05 PM, pagooey said:

F*ckin' Larry is waaaay too volatile to win this thing,

I do wonder - I mean, he came close in his first season.  Randy seemed ready for the long haul and now he's gone.  I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to Britt and Larry with Sam as a dark horse.   The Britt/Larry dynamic is giving me Dave/Larry flashbacks, where Dave found a steady source of food and just set his mind to "I'm going to stay" while Larry, though stubborn, lost it over hunger.  If Britt continues to be successful in feeding himself, he may just settle down like Dave did.

I think Dave may be next to tap; though I appreciate his hunting efforts as something more interesting for this viewer to watch, if he's not successful, he'll be even more hungry.  I think Dave was determined this time to show that he's not a kook - look, I can build, hunt, make a hunting blind, etc; which, we left off last week with the hunting blind, correct?  Then we start this week with Dave going on a walkabout hunt.  More weird editing choices.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:02 PM, zibnchy said:

Why do they get so excited about one mouse.

Probably because they're hungry and bored, so they're happy over even a tiny bit of food and success.

• Love 5

I've watched this show since the first episode of season 1 and I still don't understand how they're filming themselves when they're walking along for some distance.  It seems like they'd have to stop every 20 feet and move the tripod or hold a camera out at arm's length which they don't appear to be doing either.  ???

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, mlp said:

I've watched this show since the first episode of season 1 and I still don't understand how they're filming themselves when they're walking along for some distance.  It seems like they'd have to stop every 20 feet and move the tripod or hold a camera out at arm's length which they don't appear to be doing either.  ???

I assume it's some sort of selfie stick

• Love 3
On 8/3/2018 at 12:35 AM, Yeah No said:

Dave has already lost 27 lbs. by the same day he only lost 13 in his original season.  

I was stunned by that statistic.  If he doesn't get that deer, he's going to be gone soon.  And my gut instinct is telling me he won't get it.  If he did get it though, and was able to smoke and freeze the meet, he'd be able to really hunker down for awhile.

Very disappointed in Randy.  I don't know why they even allow extroverts on this show.  If I was on this show, I think the worst part would be when they come and pick you up and the cameraman tells you to explain why you're tapping out.  "My time here has come to an end".  Wow, that's insightful (not).

Larry might be wishing he still had those mice running around before it's over.  Didn't care for his mousie-free dance, or whatever it was.

Britt is still catching fish.  I'm not sure if it's because he's that good, or if he just got lucky with the site.  Doesn't really matter to me, Nicole was a favorite of mine, and she fell into that latter category.  I liked her because of her great attitude though, not because she was catching fish.  Britt seems to be the most deserving winner at this point, but that doesn't mean he'll win, of course.

Sam's shelter seems to have a lot of holes in it, but I like the door he put on it.  He may be playing the "expend no energy" game, but he looks awfully thin to me for this point in the game.

• Love 5

For those curious about Sam's POV, venture over to the AloneTV Reddit - he posts there. In one of the posts he explains that his shelter is better than it looks, heh heh.

Dave is such a strange guy. I knew from the first episode when he showed up that thin that he wouldn't end up winning because he clearly hadn't learned much since last time. The other guys had the good sense to pack on some extra fat before they arrived. Who knows, Dave could shock us all...

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Dave is such a strange guy. I knew from the first episode when he showed up that thin that he wouldn't end up winning because he clearly hadn't learned much since last time. The other guys had the good sense to pack on some extra fat before they arrived. Who knows, Dave could shock us all...

Maybe Dave is just the sort of guy who doesn't have that big of an appetite.  Maybe he's never been much of a big eater, so he stays thin.  And maybe that's also why he's been relatively successful on this show, because the food just isn't that important to him.  But IMO, he needs to bag a deer to have any chance of winning, because otherwise he will likely get medically removed even if he doesn't tap.

Unless the winter conditions in Mongolia are so harsh that it simply drives everybody out very quickly, before Dave has a chance to starve lol.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Yeah, start fishing the minute you get there and smoke them to preserve them. Then eat them each day. Unlike Dave last time around.

I believe last week, either a contestant or the graphics said the smoked fish only last a week or so. So stocking up only gives them 7-10 days past the river going cold? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Charlesman said:

I believe last week, either a contestant or the graphics said the smoked fish only last a week or so. So stocking up only gives them 7-10 days past the river going cold? 

I guess they forgot to tell that to Dave last time, he had weeks worth of fish hanging there, Uneaten.

Or, we the viewers were misled to wonder why on earth he didn’t eat all of that fish and hang in there.

• Love 1