Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E32: Reunion: Behind the Screams

druzy
  • Start Topic

@Blissfool Kailyn did attack Javi (this was season 3 or so on the show) they weren’t married yet- just dating, he said something she didn’t like and she got angry, went after him and wacked him upside the head a few times. He went behind a door and closed it, the camera caught her crying (I think she was outside of his house at this point) saying “Javi I’m sorry! I’m sorry you know how I get.” Etc etc

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 10

Not that I like Kail, but adding Brianna to this show was a terrible idea because it just turned into trash ever since. She's the one who came out screaming at Kail when they were taping with Dr. Drew... she could have addressed it after the cameras were off.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Blissfool Kailyn did attack Javi (this was season 3 or so on the show) they weren’t married yet- just dating, he said something she didn’t like and she got angry, went after him and wacked him upside the head a few times. He went behind a door and closed it, the camera caught her crying (I think she was outside of his house at this point) saying “Javi I’m sorry! I’m sorry you know how I get.” Etc etc

Yes - her friends were downstairs and heard all of it. They were fighting over the dogs.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Oh don’t kid yourself! Young men are responsible for the overwhelming majority of violent crime lol, including assaults and worse. 

I do agree that girl physical fights are more passionate, tho, so it can get pretty nasty and vicious, especially if there’s long hair involved, I think that leaves them vulnerable to really being dragged and knocked around more. 

I'm not kidding myself, or anybody else, and there's honestly nothing to agree or disagree with. While statistics do show adult men being incarcerated more for violence, the girls at my middle school are more hot-headed. I think the boys take care of business off school property, but almost every fight I've personally witnessed has been girls, and most of the boys I teach do have some level of respect towards women and leaving them out of violence. 

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I remember that! He was going to break up with her and she begged him not to. Leaving then would have been the best decision of his life!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 13
54 minutes ago, druzy said:

LOL. "I"m just so FRUSTRATED!" followed a little bit later by, "I'm just so FRUSTRATED-UH."

Wasn't there a scene back in the day when she and Javi (maybe it was Jo) were sitting outside of a house and she hit him and he walked into the backyard or whatever to get away from her?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Whoever started it, whoever is right or wrong, Kail has an excellent case for suing Brittany for assault.  I saw Kail's head snap back pretty forcefully when Brittany grabbed her hair.  I'm surprised she didn't mention it.  Of course, she may have and they didn't want to air it. 

And, from what they showed of Brianna immediately before and following her tantrum, it would appear that Brianna has some sort of mental issue where she blacks out and goes into a rage.  Before she went on stage she was angry, but not screaming and stomping.  After, she looked dazed, as if she had just come out of a blackout.  Girl needs help!

The conversation between Kail and Javi seemed very strange.  Did they have Kail in some conference room with no chairs so she had to sit on the floor?  That was weird.  And who is Javi to just wander in and out of any room he chooses, carrying his plate of food, stirring up trouble?  Did he not have a room that he was assigned to go to until he was called on set? 

The best part of this episode was very minimal Jenelle! 

what money is she gonna sue brittany's broke ass for? lol. doesn't brittany still love with roxanne? 

and thankfully, it's not that easy, you have to prove actual damage (injury) for for that to occur. judge judy woulda thrown that case out lol. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

So am I the only one that wanted to know just how the older security lady was going to actually stop anything?

Bone said this: 

Apparently she grabbed bone by the throat. Or at least I assume it was Felicia she was talking about. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I'm not kidding myself, or anybody else. While statistics do show adult men being incarcerated more for violence, the girls at my middle school are more hot-headed. I think the boys take care of business off school property, but almost every fight I've personally witnessed has been girls, and most of the boys I teach do have some level of respect towards women and leaving them out of violence. 

I remember that! He was going to break up with her and she begged him not to. Leaving then would have been the best decision of his life!

I have a background in juvenile criminology and we had a whole section about the rise of physical fighting and violence in girls and women. It’s one area where things are (sadly) becoming more equal between the sexes.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Once I've seen an episode, I usually forget what has happened in episodes past, because I just don't take it as seriously as some of you. It's just entertainment to me. Lol!

oh trust, i am not serious compared to many of the people on here lol! i have a good memory, tho, once i see something, i don't forget it. and i remember kail going apeshit on javi's ass. that scene is pretty infamous among regular viewers, tbh. that's how she got the nickname Hulk! lol

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, snarts said:

Why should anyone have to walk away from a lucrative paycheck because other people can't/won't behave themselves? 

Physical violence/assault is not normal nor should it be expected in the workplace. 95% of this job involves no interaction with fellow castmates. If they are unable to ensure a safe environment for the obligatory Dr. Drew check-ins, then they can film them separately, like they've done with Janelle. 

That's like getting a job at the zoo and then being outraged that an alligator tried to bite you when you fed him.  She knows who she works with.  

Is it worth the money?  She makes about 7x the national average salary (I am guessing).  She didn't think there is a reason for the hazzard pay?  Her coworkers are mentally ill women!

• Love 14
1 minute ago, SheTalksShit said:

@Mkay, I follow Briana on Twitter, too, I don't log in very often but I check it every now and again, it seems like she tweets and deletes a lot about Kail. What's up with that, do you know?

I don’t follow her but a lot of people I do follow will take a screen shot and share it before she deletes it. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mkay said:

I don’t follow her but a lot of people I do follow will take a screen shot and share it.  

Oh. Well, I feel like she does it really often and it tells me something about her - she second guesses herself a lot. 

• Love 4

^^^that's not a dig at briana, btw, it's just an observation. i think this past year's events have kinda taken a toll on her self-confidence, with the whole Javi thing and all the drama that came with it and not having the support of her co-stars. and she always gets steamrolled by her very domineering mother and sister. i think it would do bri some good to move out of that house, get her own space, have some room to think and make her own decisions without those 2 screaming in her ear, it'll help with her self-confidence a lot, i think. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

Not that I like Kail, but adding Brianna to this show was a terrible idea because it just turned into trash ever since. She's the one who came out screaming at Kail when they were taping with Dr. Drew... she could have addressed it after the cameras were off.

I cannot stand Kail and I tend to agree. Briana just acts like a totally trashy person. Kail has been on this show for years without reunions turning out like this.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Kail went, too. She can't decide if she's gonna be "street" or a Pinterest queen.

Chelsea - sorry but starting to lose the better feelings I had for her. Even if there was not already a history of violence with these two cast mates, what part of the reunion or unseen moments was Aubree going to watch? Maybe hookups between Leah and Jeremy. Or maybe some more footage talking about what an asshole her bio dad is? The truth is that environment is not really kid-friendly ANYWAY. So Randy can just have a seat complaining about it. I think Chelsea is deeply insecure and she has become dependent on the fawning she gets on social media. That is the only thing that makes sense besides the money.  (And for me, personally, NO amount of money would be worth it to sacrifice my privacy or that of my kids so I don't get that, either.  But at least it is more practical than I rely on comments on social media to determine my worth.)

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

The conversation between Kail and Javi seemed very strange.  Did they have Kail in some conference room with no chairs so she had to sit on the floor?  That was weird.  And who is Javi to just wander in and out of any room he chooses, carrying his plate of food, stirring up trouble?  Did he not have a room that he was assigned to go to until he was called on set? 

He was wandering the halls looking for an unlocked door - people in rooms saying, "Javi is coming....." .

I noticed he eats like the fork is a shovel.  That stuff irks the heck out of me.  His parents did not teach him table manners?

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Briana should second guess herself...she’s an idiot and most of her choices have been 100% terrible and stupid. 

Yep! Anybody who tweets that they want some rando to impregnate them ASAP when they're already a struggling single mom has issues that will take a minimum of therapy to sort out! And they should deactivate all social media before they make a bigger fool of themselves!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Bone said this: 

Apparently she grabbed bone by the throat. Or at least I assume it was Felicia she was talking about. 

I saw one of the male security guards grab her but maybe I am wrong. Won't be the first time and damn sure not the last. lol

Edited by IgnoranceisBLISS
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

^^^that's not a dig at briana, btw, it's just an observation. i think this past year's events have kinda taken a toll on her self-confidence, with the whole Javi thing and all the drama that came with it and not having the support of her co-stars. and she always gets steamrolled by her very domineering mother and sister. i think it would do bri some good to move out of that house, get her own space, have some room to think and make her own decisions without those 2 screaming in her ear, it'll help with her self-confidence a lot, i think. 

she is *incredibly* immature.  If she were just your every day person, you'd think she'd get a full-time job & have the girls in daycare (I do NOT see her raising two kids full-time by herself) but she doesn't have to, plus she gets attention, "fame" & surgery (also hello did someone say she wants MORE?  what on earth could that be?)! so, yeah, no reason to go out on her own & be a normal person.

• Love 4

Brianna doesn’t think it’s up to her and neither does her mom all they do is ask the dads how there planning on taking care of the kids financially... while at the same time drive the dads right out of the picture or make it so uncomfortable for them that they don’t dare come around because there attacked by all 3 of them...  there being decent to nova’s Dad RIGHT NOW... but we all know that temporary!!

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Mainer said:

I think the reason most people are blaming Bri is because the way I see it she started it when she posted that comment about Kail letting Chris beat her in front of her kids, so yes Kail called her out but Brianna started it, they both need to grow up .... but the comment about never telling a woman to calm down!! Hahahah sooooo true!! All that did was put her over the edge! Brianna “ calm down” “ who gives a fuck I said it” right in her face... like hello?? Maybe she should have responded with “ I’m sorry for saying that Kail but you’ve also said some hurtful things about me”. But Brianna couldn’t even pull out one thing Kail said about her when Kail asked okay what did I say?? Idk... there both in the wrong but I still feel Brianna is the shit starter!! It’s nobodys business who I fuck... umm it kinda is when your filming your life and picking a guy who was married to the other cast member and they have a kid together. I have to much girl code to ever go there. And now she’s saying he has a small dick.. lol I think we all knew that without even being told!! 

@Mainer I also think that people are blaming Brianna because she is the first one who turned a verbal shit show into a physical fight. Didn’t she lunge at Kailyn first?! 

Yes- Kailyn is not an innocent flower who talked plenty of shit BUT Brianna turned to violence first. That is never okay. Ever. I absolutely believe you have the right to defend yourself and your loved ones if someone comes at them with violence or a weapon but the person who throws the first punch is always more wrong in my book. 

I do think Kailyn is a coward that would love to rile people up saying nasty things but she didn’t throw the first punch in this instance. If she had Brianna would’ve kicked her ass unlike Javi or Chris and it would’ve been justified. Kailyn doesn’t have a low IQ she knew that. 

Still Brianna is more wrong in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, Mainer said:

Brianna doesn’t think it’s up to her and neither does her mom all they do is ask the dads how there planning on taking care of the kids financially... while at the same time drive the dads right out of the picture or make it so uncomfortable for them that they don’t dare come around because there attacked by all 3 of them...  there being decent to nova’s Dad RIGHT NOW... but we all know that temporary!!

I think Devion is around more now because 1. The cameras, 2. Nova is actually interesting now. She’s beginning to be emotionally capable of offering SOMETHING in a relationship, and she’s cute and seems sweet. Before she was just needy (as all babies/toddlers are- just a fact of life). I see this happen many many times before. When the physical hard work of the baby/toddler years are gone, and the child can have a repricopal emotional relationship (to a certain degree of course) absent parents and extended family members show back up. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

LOL. "I"m just so FRUSTRATED!" followed a little bit later by, "I'm just so FRUSTRATED-UH."

Wasn't there a scene back in the day when she and Javi (maybe it was Jo) were sitting outside of a house and she hit him and he walked into the backyard or whatever to get away from her?

I remember that too. It's fuzzy but I remember the conversation about Kail hitting Jo. 

Both Kail and Brianna should be embarrassed that was beyond disgusting behavior. Both looked ridiculous.  I can't stand Brianna. But Kail omg I  hate this person.  How can a violent bitchy woman be, both snobby and trashy? Well this Kail has mastered it to perfection.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, teapot said:

she is *incredibly* immature.  If she were just your every day person, you'd think she'd get a full-time job & have the girls in daycare (I do NOT see her raising two kids full-time by herself) but she doesn't have to, plus she gets attention, "fame" & surgery (also hello did someone say she wants MORE?  what on earth could that be?)! so, yeah, no reason to go out on her own & be a normal person.

ugh i would literally BOLT my ass outta there like a rocket ship the second i turned 18 if i had to live with roxanne and brittany. they are sooo attention-starved and EXTRA and everytime briana's trying to express herself, they talk over her and steamroll her. maybe they mean well but they're too much, they're so annoying. 

and she's immature bc brittany and roxanne always steamroll her and don't let her make any decisions on her own without trying to take over and overstep their boundaries in every relationship she has. i think they drive all her guys away, too - they drove javi away and they drove luis away. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, druzy said:

Tsk Kailyn, stop being a teenager. Use your words. She's still a fucking adolescent. She is incapable of having a calm discussion with anyone. The second she feels she is being attacked she goes into bitch mode and either leaves or puts hands on. That's the sign of a narcissist right there. No surprise, but so clear here. 

How to avoid this? Put the dogs away, immediately. She demonstrated that she was more interested in expressing her anger at Javi than in doing anything about the situation when she ran upstairs, ALONE, to yell at Javi instead of taking the dog with her. She left the dog in the room with the baby and the mom, and the dog continued bothering the baby while she was assaulting Javi. 

And WTF actually happened to those dogs? They just re-homed them? Took them to the pound? These people suck so hard. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

So Randy can just have a seat complaining about it. I think Chelsea is deeply insecure and she has become dependent on the fawning she gets on social media. That is the only thing that makes sense besides the money. 

I agree. Randy annoys the fuck out of me even more so than Chelsea. I hate the way he's so quick to talk shit like his daughter is so damn perfect. Chelsea alleges her instincts told her something was gonna go down prior to the start of filming yet brought Aubree to the set anyways, so what does that say about her judgment as a parent? The cast members have every right to be upset over what happened, but I'm just generally sick of Randy's constant pearl clutching. 

1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

And WTF actually happened to those dogs? They just re-homed them? Took them to the pound? These people suck so hard. 

Kail dumped the Mastiff after the dog allegedly bit Isaac. Bear, the Rottie, hasn't been seen in months. Kail's fans have been asking what happened to him and she refuses to answer, so I'm guessing he ended up at the shelter as well. Although in fairness, Bear was originally Javi's dog, so if Javi didn't take him back then shame on him.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
55 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

ugh i would literally BOLT my ass outta there like a rocket ship the second i turned 18 if i had to live with roxanne and brittany. they are sooo attention-starved and EXTRA and everytime briana's trying to express herself, they talk over her and steamroll her. maybe they mean well but they're too much, they're so annoying. 

and she's immature bc brittany and roxanne always steamroll her and don't let her make any decisions on her own without trying to take over and overstep their boundaries in every relationship she has. i think they drive all her guys away, too - they drove javi away and they drove luis away. 

Then why doesn't she leave? She's the one making the MTV money. I think it's because she likes having built in baby-sitters. That dysfunctional relationship is multifaceted. As much as Roxanne tries to run Brianna's life, Brianna let's her because her mother and sisters are the ones taking care of her kids.

• Love 20
On 8/6/2018 at 10:05 PM, MinorL said:

This is totally incidental to the insanity, but why is Brittany treated like a full cast member? 

I want to know that, too.  Is she getting an MTV paycheck?  How about Roxane?

I have to say, something about Briana's behavior during this whole shitstorm seemed suspicious to me, as in faking it.  If all three of them are being paid, or even if it's just two, it's in Briana's best interest to keep the flames going between her and Kailyn, because what else has she got in the way of a storyline?

And I think the producers were totally trying to fan the flames.

ETA:  I went looking to see if I could find confirmation that secondary characters are paid, and they are:

America has Adam Lind, cast member on Teen Mom 2 and Chelsea Houka’s ex, to thank for revealing the cast’s reality TV salaries on Instagram. Radar online confirms he made $200,000 to film season 6 but will not be signing on for season 8. His rant references the need for one last free trip to New York City to film the season 7 reunion before leaving the show for good.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/surprising-teen-mom-star-salaries-revealed-makes-money.html/

I suspect everyone else knew this for sure, but I am a little slow sometimes.  So if Adam could get $200,000 for a season, surely Brittany and Roxane are getting paid, not nearly that much I'm sure, but paid.

Edited by Mothra
research
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Then why doesn't she leave? She's the one making the MTV money. I think it's because she likes having built in baby-sitters. That dysfunctional relationship is multifaceted. As much as Roxanne tries to run Brianna's life, Brianna let's her because her mother and sisters are the ones taking care of her kids.

This. And they take care of HER too. Briana doesn’t have to make any decisions or even fucking think. And thinking is hard for her so she likes it this way, imo. She’s being held back by her own choice.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

So together the 3 of them are making $200K+ (probably a conservative estimate) and they're all still living in that small apartment?

Seriously! Why are they so cramped in that place, all on top of each other. Stella, Nova and Briana all sharing a bedroom? Something doesn't sound right. Maybe that's what Adam was making since he was on since 16 and Pregnant. It probably took him six seasons to get that kind of money.

However, I do think that between the three of them (I'd bet the kids get paid something too), and their regular jobs, they should have enough to get a bigger apartment or rent a house somewhere. Briana is spending money on surgeries and shit. Even with a discount for advertising, that's still money she could have used to get them a bigger spot. We all know she won't move on her own because (1) she's not mature enough to (2) she has built-in babysitters.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

Seriously! Why are they so cramped in that place, all on top of each other. Stella, Nova and Briana all sharing a bedroom? Something doesn't sound right. Maybe that's what Adam was making since he was on since 16 and Pregnant. It probably took him six seasons to get that kind of money.

However, I do think that between the three of them (I'd bet the kids get paid something too), and their regular jobs, they should have enough to get a bigger apartment or rent a house somewhere. Briana is spending money on surgeries and shit. Even with a discount for advertising, that's still money she could have used to get them a bigger spot. We all know she won't move on her own because (1) she's not mature enough to (2) she has built-in babysitters.

Briana is making significantly less than the other girls- didn’t she only get $20k for last season?

I agree with the rest of it 100% but Briana isn’t pulling with the other cast members have been making. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MitaJo said:

Childcare costs have probably taken a lot of Briana's and with the show she makes too much to qualify for a lot of assistance.  Roxanne has Lupus and may be spending a lot of what she makes on medical care.

• Love 6

I can't believe ADAM was making $200,000 and still not paying child support!!! What a total dickhead!!! Aubree could have every advantage in the world, with her parents making a combined 500K, her grandfather probably making between 100-300K, and whatever Cole makes added to all that. Instead, adam has to be totally selfish, and buy what? Tattoos? Gym memberships? Drugs? It pisses me off that even someone as self centered as him could not care about his children being supported. 

To give up that kind of money, though, means he really wanted out! I doubt he is turning his life around and doing great things, but I have to begrudgingly see Mrs. Lind's probable point. Adam doesn't want to be on the show anymore, to the point he gave up 200K of east money every season, and would rather just move on with his life (doing drugs, but whatever). By leaving, he is signifying that he's serious about being done, but Chelsea's ONLY storyline is constantly talking shit about him every week. She probably hates the producers making him bring him up all the time, too. At this point, I would LOVE her segments a MILLION times more if she said, "I've decided adam never really will be a good parent, and I've accepted it, since Aubree has Cole, my parents, his parents (when they follow the rules), and her siblings. I'm just going to quit focusing so much on what he does. Today, I'm going to start planting a garden in my backyard, and Aubree is going to help." I would be totally happy with Duggar level storylines...even going to the grocery store to see what the DeBoer family eats! They could spend all their time going shopping, cooking, making snowmen, and decorating rooms for all I care, but it DOES look pathetic to spend ALL your time bashing someone who isn't there and has shown, by quitting, that he doesn't give a shit and doesn't want to be involved (which I 100% blame producers for, not Chelsea). It's not entertaining...it's like tripping over yourself to make constant cheap shots, because adam sucks to the degree that you know they're right about all of it, and there's no gray area with adam. If Kail was, for instance, constantly talking shit about Jo, you would know some of it was untrue, exaggerated, or just her side of the story. Chelsea and Cole discussing how awful adam is is beating a long dead horse! There's no drama there because we know he is the scum of the earth and there's no gray area!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 13

Just watched. Haven’t had time to go through comments yet though.

Girls - you’re both trash. Briana - you win though. Congratulations for being trashier than Kail!

Firstly. Kail - you’re a mother of three (and according to yourself “accomplished”). You shouldn’t be talking about physically fighting anybody. Though (Baby Jesus help me) she has a point that Briana’s social media comment about Chris beating her in front of her kids was a step too far. I don’t follow that shit so have no clue if Kail posted anything similar about her. Talking shit to Javi on private text messages doesn’t count.

Secondly. Briana you kept telling Kail to calm down behind stage during their “private conversation” and assured everybody you were fine to be on stage with her. Then you immediately come out like a wild banshee. Apparently willing to plow through a senior citizen and pregnant lady to get at her (both who had done nothing to her and if stayed could have easily gotten hit by that flying vase). Even though you knew there was no way you were going to get to Kail through security. Ding ding ding! We have trashtastic winner!

Thirdly. Javi - you’re an unrepentant fame whore. Please exit forever stage left. It seems more and more Kail was right about him (see Baby Jesus).

Fourth. Leah - your non-reaction and being the only one who didn’t flee was priceless.

Fifth. MTV - the real culprits. As stated numerous times above - remember the good old days when their fake little liberal hearts abhorred violence and it was an immediate firing offense ala Real World. I’m mostly apolitical - got plenty of Capitol Hill (my home) friends on both sides. I hate hypocrites though.

Edited by Jennifersdc
Edited to add - I think Kail could have easily taken her. I read enough to see the Ukrainian volleyball comment. That’s funny shit.
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, MitaJo said:

Agree with this. If Briana lived on her own she'd have to actually pick up after herself and Nova and take care of her kids by herself. It seems as if Brittany take care of Nova/spends more time with her that Briana does. 

I didn't see Brianna's 16 and PG episode and FF through many of her segments so I missed any info on her background if it was discussed. Does she and Brittany have the same father? Was Roxanne married to the Dad/Dad's? Is he/they still alive and if so do Briana and Brittany have any contact with their fathers? Also, does Brittany have a job? I think I remember Roxanne coming and going from work. Has it been said what she does as a job?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

I want to know that, too.  Is she getting an MTV paycheck?  How about Roxane?

I have to say, something about Briana's behavior during this whole shitstorm seemed suspicious to me, as in faking it.  If all three of them are being paid, or even if it's just two, it's in Briana's best interest to keep the flames going between her and Kailyn, because what else has she got in the way of a storyline?

And I think the producers were totally trying to fan the flames.

ETA:  I went looking to see if I could find confirmation that secondary characters are paid, and they are:

America has Adam Lind, cast member on Teen Mom 2 and Chelsea Houka’s ex, to thank for revealing the cast’s reality TV salaries on Instagram. Radar online confirms he made $200,000 to film season 6 but will not be signing on for season 8. His rant references the need for one last free trip to New York City to film the season 7 reunion before leaving the show for good.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/surprising-teen-mom-star-salaries-revealed-makes-money.html/

I suspect everyone else knew this for sure, but I am a little slow sometimes.  So if Adam could get $200,000 for a season, surely Brittany and Roxane are getting paid, not nearly that much I'm sure, but paid.

I question some of the numbers in this article. I don't see why they'd pay Adam $200K/season and Briana only $20K. I understand Briana getting paid less than the other moms, but Adam has never been featured super heavily and Briana has designated segments every episode and is a "lead" (though lesser than the other "leads" on the show). Adam's filmed segments didn't even provide that much footage/drama during his last few seasons on the show. He refused to film a lot, he passive-aggressively filmed without revealing much, etc. Most of the drama from his storyline/behavior was provided in Chelsea's segments talking about him. I just don't see why MTV would pay him $200K, especially if they were paying the original leads $250K at the same time. The moms had to have spent a lot more time filming than he did, plus they had to do press, promotions, reunions, after shows, etc. They filmed Jo and Corey more than Adam and filmed in the prior two's homes and J and C are certainly more popular with the audience than Adam ever was. Adam is/was a mostly unemployed scumbag addict in SD. Why pay him $200K when I would think he'd happily be available for 25% or less of that?

In the same vein, I don't see how they could pay Bri only $20K. I could see her making, say, half of what the OG moms get, but not less than 10%. If they were paying Bri $20K, how could they pay her mom and sister more than $5-$10K? That would mean that they are collectively making about 20% of what Adam was making? Probably less than Randy, Vee, or even Mama Dawn (if the reported payment scheme is accurate)? That doesn't make sense to me.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

3 hours ago, Rebecca said:

This. And they take care of HER too. Briana doesn’t have to make any decisions or even fucking think. And thinking is hard for her so she likes it this way, imo. She’s being held back by her own choice.

Yes. Briana is dependent on her family for more than childcare. She's pretty dumb (to be blunt) and lacks self-esteem (in no small part because she's never really grown up and fully functioned as an adult). She needs others' input on every decision and needs others to back her up in every even slightly challenging situation.

3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

So together the 3 of them are making $200K+ (probably a conservative estimate) and they're all still living in that small apartment?

I think they stay in the apartment for storyline/filming purposes. I vaguely remember reading something about Brittany having her own place, but moving back in with her mom and sister for filming.

• Love 5

The only positive thing I can say about Briana is that her daughters are adorable. Stella looks like a live doll and I love that Nova is sporting her braids and beads. One of my favorite parts of summer was getting my braids and beads. Back then we used to get foil put on at the ends. Shake ‘em, Nova girl. I noticed Briana makes the same pouty face as Nova.

But poor Nova is being exposed to the most inappropriate conversations by being in the presence of those women. In the hotel room, they were cursing and talking about sleeping with Javi, while Nova was standing just five feet away. Come on man. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

At this point, I would LOVE her segments a MILLION times more if she said, "I've decided adam never really will be a good parent, and I've accepted it, since Aubree has Cole, my parents, his parents (when they follow the rules), and her siblings. I'm just going to quit focusing so much on what he does. Today, I'm going to start planting a garden in my backyard, and Aubree is going to help." I would be totally happy with Duggar level storylines...even going to the grocery store to see what the DeBoer family eats! They could spend all their time going shopping, cooking, making snowmen, and decorating rooms for all I care, but it DOES look pathetic to spend ALL your time bashing someone who isn't there and has shown, by quitting, that he doesn't give a shit and doesn't want to be involved (which I 100% blame producers for, not Chelsea).

I agree. Of course some parts of family life are to remain private but if the gardened, built things, did crafts, decorated the new baby’s nursery etc etc those would be 100% better than more diatribes about Adam. 

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:18 AM, FlowerofCarnage said:

The tabloids and blogs are the ones who  first reported that Chri  beat Kail, if he needs to sue anyone, it should be them.  Also, Bristol Palin is reportesly being being paid 250,000 for her first season, why pay her so much and only pay Brianna peanuts? 

Because Bristol Palin is a big name (as much as I loathe her) and will bring in lots of viewers.   It's entertainment, compensation is commiserate with viewer pull.  

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:28 AM, nikita said:

I wish Briana hadn't come onstage like a wronged baby mama on Springer (she gave Kail what she wanted), but damn...look at what a snake Kail is. "Oh, I want to talk and clear the air." She lied and manipulated Bri into that one-on-one "convo" where Kail starts with "why do you think you can blahblahblah?" They should've had a mediator because Kail sucks at talking things out...or things ended up escalated, just the way she wanted.

Bone is an asshole. Calling Javi "F-A-K-E, Fake." You ever heard of an internal monologue? Basic civility?

This is the first time since the moms turned 20 that I felt the show was aptly named. Twitter fights and threats of physical fights -- they put the teen in "Teen Mom 2."

In defense of Kail (did I just say that?  I hate Briana even MORE for making me say that!) the producer was the one to get them to talk.   Kail didn't ask for that, he was on her to "clear the air" offering up the room, security, ect.   The whole thing was a producer set up.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, happykitteh said:

I didn't see Brianna's 16 and PG episode and FF through many of her segments so I missed any info on her background if it was discussed. Does she and Brittany have the same father? Was Roxanne married to the Dad/Dad's? Is he/they still alive and if so do Briana and Brittany have any contact with their fathers? Also, does Brittany have a job? I think I remember Roxanne coming and going from work. Has it been said what she does as a job?

It didn’t come out on 16 + P or TM3/2 but on the (utterly trashy) show Family Therapy it came out that Roxanne had been lying to Brittany and Briana and they have different fathers. Brittany was told that Briana’s father, who was at least semi involved in their lives and who she thought was also her own father was actually only Briana’s father. She found her birth father and discovered he was deceased. She has or had some type of relationship with his family. This show aired in May 2016. Brittany felt really betrayed and it caused a rift between her and Roxanne and Briana. So, they’re half sisters. I don’t think Roxanne was ever married to either father. Briana didn’t have contact any longer with her father at the time that show aired. They didn’t really even know where he was. Not sure if that changed either.

Brittany had a job as of her Being Brittany special, if I’m remembering correctly, not sure if she still does or not. She was also in school a few years ago, not sure what became of that. Briana works/worked, part time I think, for some type of vacation rental place, again, if I’m remembering right. No clue what, if anything, Roxanne does or did.

Edit: I know wayyyy too much about people I don’t even like! Why can’t I remember like, algebraic equations or something useful this well instead of utterly useless info about the Coven? I didn’t even have to google most of it! For shame!!

Edited by Rebecca
Clarity...it’s late ?
  • Love 18

The producers, MTV, whoever, need to stop allowing family and friends to attend the taping of the reunions. Had Briana not had The Coven and Kail her group of hangers-on neither would have been emboldened to act the way they did. Exception would be Barb since she's Jace's real mom. Even though Kail's friends and The Coven appear on the show the only people that need be onstage are the  teen moms. I like Chelsea and her family, they're not shit stirrers,  but Cole needn't be there either. I don't go with my husband when he travels for business meetings. And wasn't Randy there last year? I adore Jo but he was barely on the show this season and he's not a Teen Mom so why was he onstage?Javi needs to be cut off too. MTV needs to tell the moms they aren't going to pay travel expenses for friends and family and if they choose to travel on their own dime they MAY NOT come to the studio. Same goes for the kids. As has been pointed out previously, the taping is no place for kids to be. If the moms want to bring family or friends let them take the kids sightseeing while the moms are taping. That'd be a helluva lot more fun, especially for the kids, than sitting in a studio for hours on end.

• Love 17